Trump cites non-existent terrorist attack ‘last night in Sweden’ to justify Muslim ban at Florida ra

At his rally in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday, Pres. Donald Trump listed a terror attack that never happened as part of the rationale for his controversial anti-Muslim travel ban.

In defending his executive order banning Islamic refugees and travelers from 7 Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S., Trump said, “When you look at what’s happening in Germany, when you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden — Sweden! Who would believe this? Sweden!
“They took in large numbers, they’re having problems like they never like they never thought possible,” he went on.

However, there was no terror attack in Sweden on Friday. Perhaps, as some Twitter users suggested, the attack in Sweden happened in the same parallel universe as Kellyanne Conway’s fictitious “Bowling Green massacre.”

His Presidency is playing out like a great comedy T.V. Reality show. It really doesn't get any better than this. It reminds me of the 3 stooges. The anticipation of what he is going to do tomorrow is exciting. I wonder if we can somehow put ratings on this. Another day, another disaster.

This relates to this thread of how many non attacks we've had that Trump has claimed we've had, and it is absolutely HILARIOUS.

Yes.....keep believing this...keep thinking you are clever.......and at the end of Trump's 2nd term....we will be laughing at you....

I doubt the Comrade is going to make it through his 1st year. Shep Smith FOX NEWS is saying that Trump campaign aids were on the phone with high level Russian officials, when the Russian were hacking into DNC databases. That's not going to go away, that's going to be the news all the way up until he's impeached.

Trump-putin-image.jpg

At his rally in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday, Pres. Donald Trump listed a terror attack that never happened as part of the rationale for his controversial anti-Muslim travel ban.

In defending his executive order banning Islamic refugees and travelers from 7 Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S., Trump said, “When you look at what’s happening in Germany, when you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden — Sweden! Who would believe this? Sweden!
“They took in large numbers, they’re having problems like they never like they never thought possible,” he went on.

However, there was no terror attack in Sweden on Friday. Perhaps, as some Twitter users suggested, the attack in Sweden happened in the same parallel universe as Kellyanne Conway’s fictitious “Bowling Green massacre.”

His Presidency is playing out like a great comedy T.V. Reality show. It really doesn't get any better than this. It reminds me of the 3 stooges. The anticipation of what he is going to do tomorrow is exciting. I wonder if we can somehow put ratings on this. Another day, another disaster.

This relates to this thread of how many non attacks we've had that Trump has claimed we've had, and it is absolutely HILARIOUS.

Yes.....keep believing this...keep thinking you are clever.......and at the end of Trump's 2nd term....we will be laughing at you....

I doubt the Comrade is going to make it through his 1st year. Shep Smith FOX NEWS is saying that Trump campaign aids were on the phone with high level Russian officials, when the Russian were hacking into DNC databases. That's not going to go away, that's going to be the news all the way up until he's impeached.

Trump-putin-image.jpg

I agree! Shep knows stuff. He has good sources.

Trump-putin-image.jpg

Yeah, those phone records never go away.

. Beware Trump, because Hollywood is in the tank for making war against conservatives, and it is doing it for the liberals. Yep "Hollywood" is doing this as their proxy. The comedy thing it all is hiding behind here, is being used because they can almost get away with murder in that way, and this while everyone is supposed to just laugh it all off while scratching their heads afterwards thinking " now just wait a daggum minute here". LOL.

Another well known fact (that you folks constantly overlook) is you can't make valid comparisons of rape across different countries when each has different laws in reporting and defining rape, and different cultural climates that might prohibit a woman from even reporting it.

To put it bluntly - look at the raw statistics: Countries Compared by Crime > Rape rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

Do you really think Egypt, Syria and YEMEN are among the LOWEST?
The data you posted is old, spanning from 2003-2010. However, it does reveal something interesting... rates of rape per hundred thousand increased as following...

2003 ... 25.0 (8th)
2004 ... 25.2 (10th)
2005 ... 41.9 (3rd)
2006 ... 46.3 (2nd)
2007 ... 51.8 (4th)
2008 ... 59.0 (3rd)
2009 ... 63.8 (4th)
2010 ... 63.5 (3rd)

Two things jump out from that...

1) the rate of rapes began increasing dramatically in 2005; and 2) the rate has not increased significantly since about 2008 or 2009, despite Muslim refugees have still been pouring into Sweden every year since.

So what happened in 2005?

While Muslims may contribute to rape statistics, what changed in Sweden in 2005 were their rape laws...

Changing definitions of rape: over the past 20 years, Sweden has broadened the definition of rape several times: actions that are comparable to rape (e. g. forced vaginal fisting) was classified as rape in 1998, sex with someone in a helpless state (e. g. sleeping or passed out due to alcohol or drugs) was classified as rape in 2005 and sex with someone in a particularly vulnerable situation (e. g. victim paralyzed with fear) was classified as rape in 2013. Since a higher proportion of sex crimes is classified as rape, the incidence of rape reports increases over time.

How Anti-Immigration Activists Misuse Rape Statistics

Also, other countries like Belgium and Cyprus have a much higher percentage of Muslims along with a much lower rate of rapes. The article above also highlights...

This article will show that according to crime victim surveys, the actual rate of sex crimes has been more or less unchanged in Sweden between 2005 and 2014, despite the fact that immigration has increased during the same time period. Instead, the increasing rates of reported rapes are influenced by expansion of the legal rape definition, an increase in the tendency to report rapes, police efforts to classify each individual rape as a separate crime and their tendency to classify any sex crime that could potentially be rape as rape. It will also demonstrate that reported rates between countries such as Sweden and Denmark cannot be naively compared to do the large difference in legal rape definition and police registration methods.​

Other changes:

http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/vaw/responses/SWEDEN.pdf
. Hmm, why are they struggling with the defining of rape in a country ?? All that was listed should have been already considered rape without the constant revisiting of the issue in order to add to the definitions. Hmmm, unless the frequency and uniqueness in the cases do begin to rise, and various versions keep popping up in which keeps causing the courts to keep reinterpreting the laws due to the changes in lawyers definitions or judges desicions in which leaves many scratching their heads afterwards.
Who said they're struggling? That's your conclusion, no one else's. But like any other country, the parameters of their laws can change over time. And it's not just coincidence that they changed their laws in 2005 and their rates increaased dramatically over the next few years until leveling off to about where they are now.

It should also not go unnoticed that the rates of rape over the years do not correlate with the influx of Muslim immigrants.

The folks who try to tie the two together are bigots and they're fueled these days by the Bigot-in-Chief.
. If saying they don't correlate, then can you link to the stats for your readers when making claims like this ? I still stand by my words about rape in all manor should already be defined in that country unless either a relaxing of laws begin to occur or a strengthening of the laws begin to occur. Now if either is happening, then what exactly is driving it ? Didn't one of these countries begin to have some sort of classes to help train Muslims who believed that doing certain things to women was OK in their belief system, but it was not OK in the country they were arriving in or staying temporarily in ? Yes I remember this being news a good while back, so which country was that ? It was in Europe, but not sure which one it was. They said that there was a problem where Muslim men were of the thinking that they could just do certain things to women based upon their learning of such things in their culture, so a training center had to be set up to teach them differently about such things. Anybody ? Help me out here.
Too fucking stupid. Sorry. Laws change. Happens here all the time.

As far as the correlation you asked for ... you could have simply clicked on the link I gave but I suppose that contains too many words for you, huh?

I showed the rate of rape has not changed much since about 2008 or 2009 ...

Meanwhile, they take in thousands upon thousands of immigrants each year. In 2015 alone, they took in 160,000...

Thousands take to the streets to protest harsh new laws for Swedish refugees

... yet the rate of rapes has remained about the same during at least the last 8 years.
. Are the laws on the immigrants based on one violation or multiple violations in which moves a nation to take action ? Which country was it that started a program to reprogram the thinking of the refugees/ Muslim immigrants pertaining to their treatment or practices towards women ?

Trump-putin-image.jpg

Yeah, those phone records never go away.
. Throw another one to the media, and say bye bye to the leaker, because prison awaits him or her quickly. Espionage is no laughing matter.

The data you posted is old, spanning from 2003-2010. However, it does reveal something interesting... rates of rape per hundred thousand increased as following...

2003 ... 25.0 (8th)
2004 ... 25.2 (10th)
2005 ... 41.9 (3rd)
2006 ... 46.3 (2nd)
2007 ... 51.8 (4th)
2008 ... 59.0 (3rd)
2009 ... 63.8 (4th)
2010 ... 63.5 (3rd)

Two things jump out from that...

1) the rate of rapes began increasing dramatically in 2005; and 2) the rate has not increased significantly since about 2008 or 2009, despite Muslim refugees have still been pouring into Sweden every year since.

So what happened in 2005?

While Muslims may contribute to rape statistics, what changed in Sweden in 2005 were their rape laws...

Changing definitions of rape: over the past 20 years, Sweden has broadened the definition of rape several times: actions that are comparable to rape (e. g. forced vaginal fisting) was classified as rape in 1998, sex with someone in a helpless state (e. g. sleeping or passed out due to alcohol or drugs) was classified as rape in 2005 and sex with someone in a particularly vulnerable situation (e. g. victim paralyzed with fear) was classified as rape in 2013. Since a higher proportion of sex crimes is classified as rape, the incidence of rape reports increases over time.

How Anti-Immigration Activists Misuse Rape Statistics

Also, other countries like Belgium and Cyprus have a much higher percentage of Muslims along with a much lower rate of rapes. The article above also highlights...

This article will show that according to crime victim surveys, the actual rate of sex crimes has been more or less unchanged in Sweden between 2005 and 2014, despite the fact that immigration has increased during the same time period. Instead, the increasing rates of reported rapes are influenced by expansion of the legal rape definition, an increase in the tendency to report rapes, police efforts to classify each individual rape as a separate crime and their tendency to classify any sex crime that could potentially be rape as rape. It will also demonstrate that reported rates between countries such as Sweden and Denmark cannot be naively compared to do the large difference in legal rape definition and police registration methods.​

Other changes:

http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/vaw/responses/SWEDEN.pdf
. Hmm, why are they struggling with the defining of rape in a country ?? All that was listed should have been already considered rape without the constant revisiting of the issue in order to add to the definitions. Hmmm, unless the frequency and uniqueness in the cases do begin to rise, and various versions keep popping up in which keeps causing the courts to keep reinterpreting the laws due to the changes in lawyers definitions or judges desicions in which leaves many scratching their heads afterwards.
Who said they're struggling? That's your conclusion, no one else's. But like any other country, the parameters of their laws can change over time. And it's not just coincidence that they changed their laws in 2005 and their rates increaased dramatically over the next few years until leveling off to about where they are now.

It should also not go unnoticed that the rates of rape over the years do not correlate with the influx of Muslim immigrants.

The folks who try to tie the two together are bigots and they're fueled these days by the Bigot-in-Chief.
. If saying they don't correlate, then can you link to the stats for your readers when making claims like this ? I still stand by my words about rape in all manor should already be defined in that country unless either a relaxing of laws begin to occur or a strengthening of the laws begin to occur. Now if either is happening, then what exactly is driving it ? Didn't one of these countries begin to have some sort of classes to help train Muslims who believed that doing certain things to women was OK in their belief system, but it was not OK in the country they were arriving in or staying temporarily in ? Yes I remember this being news a good while back, so which country was that ? It was in Europe, but not sure which one it was. They said that there was a problem where Muslim men were of the thinking that they could just do certain things to women based upon their learning of such things in their culture, so a training center had to be set up to teach them differently about such things. Anybody ? Help me out here.
Too fucking stupid. Sorry. Laws change. Happens here all the time.

As far as the correlation you asked for ... you could have simply clicked on the link I gave but I suppose that contains too many words for you, huh?

I showed the rate of rape has not changed much since about 2008 or 2009 ...

Meanwhile, they take in thousands upon thousands of immigrants each year. In 2015 alone, they took in 160,000...

Thousands take to the streets to protest harsh new laws for Swedish refugees

... yet the rate of rapes has remained about the same during at least the last 8 years.
. Are the laws on the immigrants based on one violation or multiple violations in which moves a nation to take action ? Which country was it that started a program to reprogram the thinking of the refugees/ Muslim immigrants pertaining to their treatment or practices towards women ?
You're in charge of doing your own homework. I showed the rate of rape started increasing in the same year they expanded the definition of rape; and I showed the rate of rape remained consistent even though the level of Muslim immigrants increased every year. If you have questions beyond that, seek and ye shall find.

This will tickle your funny bone...

58aa4dbc2900002200f27720.jpg

Mysterious ‘Swedish incident’ joins Bowling Green Massacre and terror in Atlanta in Trump administration history books.

'Pray For Sweden,' Tweeters Giggle After Trump's Latest Goof
You don't think prayers should be appropriate for the Swedish women who are being attacked and raped by Muslim migrant refugees?

What about Julian Assange? He has multiple Swedish accusers. BTW, the United States is the rape capitol of the world. Sweden ranks #3.

Top 10 Countries With Highest Rape Crime

Our minority population is much larger than Sweden's. That's why we have near third world statistics in crime.

I don't see the words "terrorist attack" in Trump's statement, douche bag. Sweden has become the rape capital of Europe because of the so-called "refugees." That's what he was referring to.

This is what Trump was implying before the MSM fake news distorted what he said.

This source provides the truth using common sense!
www.dailystormer.com/someone-got-raped-last-night-in-sweden/

So their rational is that there are 7000 rapes a year in Sweden, therefore someone probably got raped last night, therefore "ban Muslims". Yeah, er... what the fuck?

Man takes a shit in toilet, BAN MUSLIMS.
So you think we should admit rapists to our country? Is that your moronic argument?

This is what Trump was implying before the MSM fake news distorted what he said.

So their rational is that there are 7000 rapes a year in Sweden, therefore someone probably got raped last night, therefore "ban Muslims". Yeah, er... what the fuck?

Yes, ban Muslims. This country wasn't meant for them.
How the phyuck do YOU know what this country was meant for. We have always been about immigration
Read the 1790 Naturalization Act, the very first legislation by the first Congress. You will then know what specific people the founders wanted to populate the country with.
Is that part of our constitution or bill of rights?
Is letting this human refuse into our country part of the Bill of Rights?

Surely you can do better than this, getting raped isn't very big news these days. But I guess you will pick anything to justify his lies. How about a car crash, or a bank robbery?
Trump never insinuated a terrorist attack occurred in Sweden. From his speech:

[You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They’re having problems like they never thought possible.]

No reference to a terrorist attack and your op is fake news!
TRUMP IS A TOTAL EMBARRASMENT, AS ARE HIS FOLLOWERS

What else would you define rape of an innocent woman as?
A crime, nothing more and nothing less. You are so pathetically willing to believe anything Trump says, that you don't even know the details of what exactly was supposed to have happened in Sweden
Do you think a Swedish innocent woman feels terror when being attacked and raped by Muslim migrant?
Ask the Swedes, Einstein. On the whole they have no idea what happened last night or what trump was talking about, but conveniently you have all the answers
Okay, let's try this again. Do you think a woman feels terror when being attacked and then raped by a Muslim migrant/migrants?

They feel the same terror when they're raped by a white guy.
The Muzzie savages are the ones who are raping them, moron.

A crime, nothing more and nothing less. You are so pathetically willing to believe anything Trump says, that you don't even know the details of what exactly was supposed to have happened in Sweden
Do you think a Swedish innocent woman feels terror when being attacked and raped by Muslim migrant?
Ask the Swedes, Einstein. On the whole they have no idea what happened last night or what trump was talking about, but conveniently you have all the answers
Okay, let's try this again. Do you think a woman feels terror when being attacked and then raped by a Muslim migrant/migrants?

Hey dopey there are more rapes by non Muslims lol

Yes, ban Muslims. This country wasn't meant for them.

You think it was made for racist pieces of scum like yourself? I guess you hate that "Freedom of religion" stuff in the Constitution, and you especially hate the "all men are created equal" thing, because in your heart of hearts you want to believe you're the master race.

Libtard ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth you are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies.

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence.

6. Employ misdirection, smear people, attack religion

7. Lie, make false assumptions

8. Play race/gender card

9. Play gay/lesbian card

10. Play the Nazi card

11. Make up stuff

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

14. Pretending not to understand when they have been posting about it for the last 2 days.
I think you left out what a racist piece of garbage you are
Muslim isn't a race, moron.

Hey dopey there are more rapes by non Muslims lol
Wrong.

Forum List

Back