Trump cites non-existent terrorist attack ‘last night in Sweden’ to justify Muslim ban at Florida ra

At his rally in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday, Pres. Donald Trump listed a terror attack that never happened as part of the rationale for his controversial anti-Muslim travel ban.

In defending his executive order banning Islamic refugees and travelers from 7 Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S., Trump said, “When you look at what’s happening in Germany, when you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden — Sweden! Who would believe this? Sweden!
“They took in large numbers, they’re having problems like they never like they never thought possible,” he went on.

However, there was no terror attack in Sweden on Friday. Perhaps, as some Twitter users suggested, the attack in Sweden happened in the same parallel universe as Kellyanne Conway’s fictitious “Bowling Green massacre.”
He never said terrorist attack you dolt. Course I expect this from a fake news believer. I know what he is talking about as does anyone who follows the rape epidemic in Sweden
WTF?? There was a rape epidemic on Friday??? :badgrin:

Stay ignorant the fake media depends on idiots like you

This is what Trump was implying before the MSM fake news distorted what he said.

This source provides the truth using common sense!
www.dailystormer.com/someone-got-raped-last-night-in-sweden/

Someone go raped and Trump turned it into a terror attack. FAKE F_ _ _ING NEWS!
He watches Fox and BELIEVES it...ay caramba...hope he learns.

At 70 years old, can you teach old dogs new tricks?
Put him on the BBC and PBS...

At his rally in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday, Pres. Donald Trump listed a terror attack that never happened as part of the rationale for his controversial anti-Muslim travel ban.

In defending his executive order banning Islamic refugees and travelers from 7 Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S., Trump said, “When you look at what’s happening in Germany, when you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden — Sweden! Who would believe this? Sweden!
“They took in large numbers, they’re having problems like they never like they never thought possible,” he went on.

However, there was no terror attack in Sweden on Friday. Perhaps, as some Twitter users suggested, the attack in Sweden happened in the same parallel universe as Kellyanne Conway’s fictitious “Bowling Green massacre.”
I'm going to hate myself if I post this, but I actually side with Trump supporters on this. I think it's reasonable to assume he was talking about immigration and not terrorism but of course I doubt Sweden has much of an immigration issue. It's still him lying.
Immigration didn't happen last night....he was referring to a Fox story that was easy to misunderstand as usual...

I'm going to hate myself if I post this, but I actually side with Trump supporters on this. I think it's reasonable to assume he was talking about immigration and not terrorism but of course I doubt Sweden has much of an immigration issue. It's still him lying.
Trump clarified that is indeed what he was talking about. He said he meant he saw some story which aired on Fox.

But that's even worse. The guy skips intelligence briefings but apparently gets his intelligence from Fox news -- which arguably explains a lot.

He never said terrorist attack you dolt. Course I expect this from a fake news believer. I know what he is talking about as does anyone who follows the rape epidemic in Sweden

That's funny since the fake news apparently came from Fox News.

:lmao:

'Nothing particularly nefarious happened in Sweden on Friday — or Saturday, for that matter — and Swedes were left baffled.

“Sweden? Terror attack? What has [Trump] been smoking? Questions abound,” Carl Bildt, a former prime minister and foreign minister, wrote on Twitter.

[…]

Henrik Selin, political scientist and deputy director of the Swedish Institute, a state agency dedicated to promoting Sweden globally, said he was puzzled by Mr. Trump’s remarks.

“I do not have a clue what he was referring to,” he said in a telephone interview. “Obviously, this could be connected to the fact that there has been a lot of negative reporting about Sweden, since Sweden has taken in a lot of refugees.”'

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/...in-sweden-trumps-remark-baffles-a-nation.html

Yet another ridiculous Trump lie, and yet again his reprehensible supporters ignore Trump’s lies.

Nice fake news story. Trump never said there was a terror attack in Sweden. He just said look what is happening.

Sweden is the rape capital of the Europe now, thanks to Muslims.

Do you have a good link to your rape capital of the world story and provide a link..? Here is a video of what he said last night.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/...eden-trumps-remark-baffles-a-nation.html?_r=0

It's a well known fact they are the rape capital of Europe. The progressive dolts that run Sweden also have to attempt to cover it up, they dare not expose their idiotic immigration policy has directly led to this.

Rape_rate_per_100%2C000_-_country_comparison_-_United_Nations_2012.png

Rape in Sweden - Wikipedia

Another well known fact (that you folks constantly overlook) is you can't make valid comparisons of rape across different countries when each has different laws in reporting and defining rape, and different cultural climates that might prohibit a woman from even reporting it.

To put it bluntly - look at the raw statistics: Countries Compared by Crime > Rape rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

Do you really think Egypt, Syria and YEMEN are among the LOWEST?
The data you posted is old, spanning from 2003-2010. However, it does reveal something interesting... rates of rape per hundred thousand increased as following...

2003 ... 25.0 (8th)
2004 ... 25.2 (10th)
2005 ... 41.9 (3rd)
2006 ... 46.3 (2nd)
2007 ... 51.8 (4th)
2008 ... 59.0 (3rd)
2009 ... 63.8 (4th)
2010 ... 63.5 (3rd)

Two things jump out from that...

1) the rate of rapes began increasing dramatically in 2005; and 2) the rate has not increased significantly since about 2008 or 2009, despite Muslim refugees have still been pouring into Sweden every year since.

So what happened in 2005?

While Muslims may contribute to rape statistics, what changed in Sweden in 2005 were their rape laws...

Changing definitions of rape: over the past 20 years, Sweden has broadened the definition of rape several times: actions that are comparable to rape (e. g. forced vaginal fisting) was classified as rape in 1998, sex with someone in a helpless state (e. g. sleeping or passed out due to alcohol or drugs) was classified as rape in 2005 and sex with someone in a particularly vulnerable situation (e. g. victim paralyzed with fear) was classified as rape in 2013. Since a higher proportion of sex crimes is classified as rape, the incidence of rape reports increases over time.

How Anti-Immigration Activists Misuse Rape Statistics

Also, other countries like Belgium and Cyprus have a much higher percentage of Muslims along with a much lower rate of rapes. The article above also highlights...

This article will show that according to crime victim surveys, the actual rate of sex crimes has been more or less unchanged in Sweden between 2005 and 2014, despite the fact that immigration has increased during the same time period. Instead, the increasing rates of reported rapes are influenced by expansion of the legal rape definition, an increase in the tendency to report rapes, police efforts to classify each individual rape as a separate crime and their tendency to classify any sex crime that could potentially be rape as rape. It will also demonstrate that reported rates between countries such as Sweden and Denmark cannot be naively compared to do the large difference in legal rape definition and police registration methods.​

Other changes:

http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/vaw/responses/SWEDEN.pdf
. Hmm, why are they struggling with the defining of rape in a country ?? All that was listed should have been already considered rape without the constant revisiting of the issue in order to add to the definitions. Hmmm, unless the frequency and uniqueness in the cases do begin to rise, and various versions keep popping up in which keeps causing the courts to keep reinterpreting the laws due to the changes in lawyers definitions or judges desicions in which leaves many scratching their heads afterwards.

. Was it fake news or just a bad interpretation of the news as it was being told ? Was the story wrong, misleading, biased, untruthful, fake or what ?

Immigration didn't happen last night....he was referring to a Fox story that was easy to misunderstand as usual...
. Can you link to the story ? I would like to see what it is that you all are talking about, and then see what Trump said. Thanks.

Nice fake news story. Trump never said there was a terror attack in Sweden. He just said look what is happening.

Sweden is the rape capital of the Europe now, thanks to Muslims.

Do you have a good link to your rape capital of the world story and provide a link..? Here is a video of what he said last night.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/...eden-trumps-remark-baffles-a-nation.html?_r=0

It's a well known fact they are the rape capital of Europe. The progressive dolts that run Sweden also have to attempt to cover it up, they dare not expose their idiotic immigration policy has directly led to this.

Another well known fact (that you folks constantly overlook) is you can't make valid comparisons of rape across different countries when each has different laws in reporting and defining rape, and different cultural climates that might prohibit a woman from even reporting it.

To put it bluntly - look at the raw statistics: Countries Compared by Crime > Rape rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

The data you posted is old, spanning from 2003-2010. However, it does reveal something interesting... rates of rape per hundred thousand increased as following...

2003 ... 25.0 (8th)
2004 ... 25.2 (10th)
2005 ... 41.9 (3rd)
2006 ... 46.3 (2nd)
2007 ... 51.8 (4th)
2008 ... 59.0 (3rd)
2009 ... 63.8 (4th)
2010 ... 63.5 (3rd)

1) the rate of rapes began increasing dramatically in 2005; and 2) the rate has not increased significantly since about 2008 or 2009, despite Muslim refugees have still been pouring into Sweden every year since.

While Muslims may contribute to rape statistics, what changed in Sweden in 2005 were their rape laws...

Changing definitions of rape: over the past 20 years, Sweden has broadened the definition of rape several times: actions that are comparable to rape (e. g. forced vaginal fisting) was classified as rape in 1998, sex with someone in a helpless state (e. g. sleeping or passed out due to alcohol or drugs) was classified as rape in 2005 and sex with someone in a particularly vulnerable situation (e. g. victim paralyzed with fear) was classified as rape in 2013. Since a higher proportion of sex crimes is classified as rape, the incidence of rape reports increases over time.

Also, other countries like Belgium and Cyprus have a much higher percentage of Muslims along with a much lower rate of rapes. The article above also highlights...

This article will show that according to crime victim surveys, the actual rate of sex crimes has been more or less unchanged in Sweden between 2005 and 2014, despite the fact that immigration has increased during the same time period. Instead, the increasing rates of reported rapes are influenced by expansion of the legal rape definition, an increase in the tendency to report rapes, police efforts to classify each individual rape as a separate crime and their tendency to classify any sex crime that could potentially be rape as rape. It will also demonstrate that reported rates between countries such as Sweden and Denmark cannot be naively compared to do the large difference in legal rape definition and police registration methods.​

Other changes:

. Hmm, why are they struggling with the defining of rape in a country ?? All that was listed should have been already considered rape without the constant revisiting of the issue in order to add to the definitions. Hmmm, unless the frequency and uniqueness in the cases do begin to rise, and various versions keep popping up in which keeps causing the courts to keep reinterpreting the laws due to the changes in lawyers definitions or judges desicions in which leaves many scratching their heads afterwards.
Who said they're struggling? That's your conclusion, no one else's. But like any other country, the parameters of their laws can change over time. And it's not just coincidence that they changed their laws in 2005 and their rates increaased dramatically over the next few years until leveling off to about where they are now.

It should also not go unnoticed that the rates of rape over the years do not correlate with the influx of Muslim immigrants.

The folks who try to tie the two together are bigots and they're fueled these days by the Bigot-in-Chief.

Bin Laden mentioned Sweden in 2004. I got the same feeling back then. I don't like it when uneducated, irrational leaders use Sweden as an example in their political rethorics.

. Was it fake news or just a bad interpretation of the news as it was being told ? Was the story wrong, misleading, biased, untruthful, fake or what ?
It was fake news that Trump should never have repeated without vetting. It's like he's not yet convinced he's the president.

2003 ... 25.0 (8th)
2004 ... 25.2 (10th)
2005 ... 41.9 (3rd)
2006 ... 46.3 (2nd)
2007 ... 51.8 (4th)
2008 ... 59.0 (3rd)
2009 ... 63.8 (4th)
2010 ... 63.5 (3rd)

Other changes:

Who said they're struggling? That's your conclusion, no one else's. But like any other country, the parameters of their laws can change over time. And it's not just coincidence that they changed their laws in 2005 and their rates increaased dramatically over the next few years until leveling off to about where they are now.

It should also not go unnoticed that the rates of rape over the years do not correlate with the influx of Muslim immigrants.

The folks who try to tie the two together are bigots and they're fueled these days by the Bigot-in-Chief.
. If saying they don't correlate, then can you link to the stats for your readers when making claims like this ? I still stand by my words about rape in all manor should already be defined in that country unless either a relaxing of laws begin to occur or a strengthening of the laws begin to occur. Now if either is happening, then what exactly is driving it ? Didn't one of these countries begin to have some sort of classes to help train Muslims who believed that doing certain things to women was OK in their belief system, but it was not OK in the country they were arriving in or staying temporarily in ? Yes I remember this being news a good while back, so which country was that ? It was in Europe, but not sure which one it was. They said that there was a problem where Muslim men were of the thinking that they could just do certain things to women based upon their learning of such things in their culture, so a training center had to be set up to teach them differently about such things. Anybody ? Help me out here.

2003 ... 25.0 (8th)
2004 ... 25.2 (10th)
2005 ... 41.9 (3rd)
2006 ... 46.3 (2nd)
2007 ... 51.8 (4th)
2008 ... 59.0 (3rd)
2009 ... 63.8 (4th)
2010 ... 63.5 (3rd)

Other changes:

. You basically said they are struggling by posting the very words I responded to. Why so much confusion when the things you posted should have already been part of the law ?

His Presidency is playing out like a great comedy T.V. Reality show. It really doesn't get any better than this. It reminds me of the 3 stooges. The anticipation of what he is going to do tomorrow is exciting. I wonder if we can somehow put ratings on this. Another day, another disaster.

This relates to this thread of how many non attacks we've had that Trump has claimed we've had, and it is absolutely HILARIOUS.

This will tickle your funny bone...

58aa4dbc2900002200f27720.jpg

Mysterious ‘Swedish incident’ joins Bowling Green Massacre and terror in Atlanta in Trump administration history books.

'Pray For Sweden,' Tweeters Giggle After Trump's Latest Goof
You don't think prayers should be appropriate for the Swedish women who are being attacked and raped by Muslim migrant refugees?

What about Julian Assange? He has multiple Swedish accusers. BTW, the United States is the rape capitol of the world. Sweden ranks #3.

Top 10 Countries With Highest Rape Crime

Last edited:

2003 ... 25.0 (8th)
2004 ... 25.2 (10th)
2005 ... 41.9 (3rd)
2006 ... 46.3 (2nd)
2007 ... 51.8 (4th)
2008 ... 59.0 (3rd)
2009 ... 63.8 (4th)
2010 ... 63.5 (3rd)

Other changes:

. If saying they don't correlate, then can you link to the stats for your readers when making claims like this ? I still stand by my words about rape in all manor should already be defined in that country unless either a relaxing of laws begin to occur or a strengthening of the laws begin to occur. Now if either is happening, then what exactly is driving it ? Didn't one of these countries begin to have some sort of classes to help train Muslims who believed that doing certain things to women was OK in their belief system, but it was not OK in the country they were arriving in or staying temporarily in ? Yes I remember this being news a good while back, so which country was that ? It was in Europe, but not sure which one it was. They said that there was a problem where Muslim men were of the thinking that they could just do certain things to women based upon their learning of such things in their culture, so a training center had to be set up to teach them differently about such things. Anybody ? Help me out here.
Too fucking stupid. Sorry. Laws change. Happens here all the time.

As far as the correlation you asked for ... you could have simply clicked on the link I gave but I suppose that contains too many words for you, huh?

I showed the rate of rape has not changed much since about 2008 or 2009 ...

Meanwhile, they take in thousands upon thousands of immigrants each year. In 2015 alone, they took in 160,000...

Thousands take to the streets to protest harsh new laws for Swedish refugees

... yet the rate of rapes has remained about the same during at least the last 8 years.

His Presidency is playing out like a great comedy T.V. Reality show. It really doesn't get any better than this. It reminds me of the 3 stooges. The anticipation of what he is going to do tomorrow is exciting. I wonder if we can somehow put ratings on this. Another day, another disaster.

This relates to this thread of how many non attacks we've had that Trump has claimed we've had, and it is absolutely HILARIOUS.

Yes.....keep believing this...keep thinking you are clever.......and at the end of Trump's 2nd term....we will be laughing at you....

2003 ... 25.0 (8th)
2004 ... 25.2 (10th)
2005 ... 41.9 (3rd)
2006 ... 46.3 (2nd)
2007 ... 51.8 (4th)
2008 ... 59.0 (3rd)
2009 ... 63.8 (4th)
2010 ... 63.5 (3rd)

Other changes:

. You basically said they are struggling by posting the very words I responded to. Why so much confusion when the things you posted should have already been part of the law ?
When you have to insert words like, "basically," you indicate you are injecting your own misconceptions into what I actually said. And I never said they are struggling with defining rape.

Forum List

Back