Trump closer to Wallace than Hitler

An American academic was on our tv last night arguing that this was the case.

She argued that he, Wallace, tapped into an inherent racism amongst white working class Americans that surfaced when times were seen to be bad.

Trump is seen as similar.

In the sense that Trump is, or is posing as, a rightwing populist, that is a good comparison.

She argued that he, Wallace, tapped into an inherent racism amongst white working class Americans that surfaced when times were seen to be bad.

You need to keep your fucking ignorant nose in your own country.
Wallace was a Democrat.
Apparently he ran as a third party candidate. Or did I get that wrong ?
Apples and oranges asshole!
When Wallace ran for Governor he ran as a Democrat. He ran on a platform of strict segregation. The Democrats in the State election voted for him and he consequently won the Governorship.
What he did or did not do after he was elected Governor vis a vis running for the Presidency as a third party candidate is irrelevant.
It does not alter the fact that Democrats chose to elect a radical racist Governor.
Next time do some research before running your mouth.

George Wallace won 5 southern states in the 1968 presidential election. Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia.

You're claiming those states were liberal in 1968? Prove it.

You're claiming those states were Democrat in 1968? lol, you're an idiot. Hubert Humphrey was the Democratic Candidate.

You're saying Trump and white Democratic Party voters jumping ship are racist?
Trump is definitely a racist. It remains to be seen what support he has in the wider community.
From my observations it seems that you need to have a range of bigoted view to get some traction in Republican politics.
and you are a Bigot. so you have no room to accuse anyone of being anything
Well I hope that I am not a bigot and that I treat my neighbour with respect.
I base my comments on the Republicans on the conversations I am seeing. Anti Gay,anti abortion, anti immigrant,anti muslim, gun crazy nutjobs. That is obviously not the whole story by any means but it does look like sanity has been crowded out in right wing American politics. Where are the normal people ?
I am not sure if Trump has accelerated the race to the bottom either. I look at Cruz and shake my head. How can a civilised and educated people throw up something so disgusting ?
That's because you are a liberal. To liberals, disagreement is pure insanity. You think that because you are all deeply impressed with yourselves.

Traditional marriage is labeled anti-gay.
Not killing babies is labeled anti-abortion.
Legal immigration is anti-immigration.

You peddle lies and bullshit. It's all you have.

George Wallace was a democrat. Have democrats slipped so far off the edge that Wallace seems like a republican? Al Gore's father senator Gore was a segregationist. The democrat party was segregationist. If you checked the wallets of every KKK member back then you would probably find a democrat party registration card.

Trump is definitely a racist. It remains to be seen what support he has in the wider community.
From my observations it seems that you need to have a range of bigoted view to get some traction in Republican politics.
I base my comments on the Republicans on the conversations I am seeing. Anti Gay,anti abortion, anti immigrant,anti muslim, gun crazy nutjobs. That is obviously not the whole story by any means but it does look like sanity has been crowded out in right wing American politics. Where are the normal people ?
I am not sure if Trump has accelerated the race to the bottom either. I look at Cruz and shake my head. How can a civilised and educated people throw up something so disgusting ?
That's because you are a liberal. To liberals, disagreement is pure insanity. You think that because you are all deeply impressed with yourselves.

Denying gays marriage is anti-gay bigotry.

Denying brothers and bi-sexuals marriage is anti-sibling and anti-bi-sexual bigotry. You just think your shit doesn't stink.

Denying brothers and bi-sexuals marriage is anti-sibling and anti-bi-sexual bigotry. You just think your shit doesn't stink.
Thats bigot talk.

Thats bigot talk.
Liar.

I see you don't contest my statement. You have self-identified as a bigot.

Thats bigot talk.
Liar.
Wow..................cant compete with that level of hate.

Thats bigot talk.
Liar.
Wow..................cant compete with that level of hate.
You can't compete, period.

I did. But the point was too big for you.

Yeah, Hitler.

YOu ever think what would have happened to you brits during WWII, if it wasn't for US coming to bail you out?

I did. But the point was too big for you.

You tried to assign a position to me that I don't hold thinking that would justify your bigotry.

Forum List

Back