Trump government declares global warming to be real

For the past 12 years No hurricanes hit the gulf coast. The liberals claimed the "decrease" in hurricane activity was due to global warming.

This year 2 hurricanes hit the gulf coast, and these same lefty liberals claimed the "increase" in hurricane activity was due to global warming.

So which is it?? ...... :dunno:
I did not hear a single lefty liberal claiming the increase in hurricanes was due to global warming. They were very careful not to. The intensity of the storms is directly tied to warmer ocean temps, however, and they did point that out.

View attachment 158609

Only 1/2 of claimed IPCC warming to date. The IPCC stated in 1998 that we should have already seen over 1.5 deg C. That was over 15 years ago.

The exaggerations in this report are stunning and not supported by empirical fact.
Perhaps..the science has gotten better? Predictive modeling...is an inexact science---and 15 years ago..maybe they were off?

It happens. Empirical fact..hmmm...you do know..that iteration..in as chaotic a predictive model as the entire climate of the world...is not always your friend.

I'm sure you can find many dead ends..and false predictions..if you wish.

None of that means..that something..isn't happening--and that it might behoove us...to plan for an interesting future.
Maybe they were off?

LOL.... Do you know what the term Empirical Review is? This is where a model is allowed to run and at a specific period in time, it is reviewed against the system it was modeled to replicate.

Below is their progress so far.. Its an epic FAIL

upload_2017-9-19_9-24-30-png.150044

This is a classic failure of modeling. Now you want me to believe that those same models, with no predictive power, can be used to predict the future and you want me to apply the SB equation to those fairyland numbers and BELIEVE THEY REPRESENT REALITY.... Nope.. Isn't going to happen..

Seriously, you fell for that?? Things are worse than I thought... poor thing.
Didnt the UN just release a report that said the accord wouldnt do anything?

No

Doing nothing won't do anything
Any reduction still helps
The UN Admits That The Paris Climate Deal Was A Fraud ...
Let me summarize: Rich folks heavily invested in fossil fuels are throwing up their hands and saying "Nothing can be done."

No, rich people heavily invested in carbon credits and green energy firms, and scientists relying on grants spouting global warming are saying it can be done. lol
The problem with your conspiracy theory is that every scientist in the world, regardless of political persuasion supports the theory of man made global warming

For the past 12 years No hurricanes hit the gulf coast. The liberals claimed the "decrease" in hurricane activity was due to global warming.

This year 2 hurricanes hit the gulf coast, and these same lefty liberals claimed the "increase" in hurricane activity was due to global warming.

I did not hear a single lefty liberal claiming the increase in hurricanes was due to global warming. They were very careful not to. The intensity of the storms is directly tied to warmer ocean temps, however, and they did point that out.
And yet the tropical surface temps have dropped almost 2 deg C this year over last? tell me again how the storms grew bigger with cooler overall surface temperatures?

Nobody in the West of North America can deny the increase in intensity and size of the fires in the last decade. These wild fires are now invading cities, not just small country towns. Even with the roads and four engine jet tankers available to fight these very large fires, they just keep getting bigger with every decade.

Actually wildfires are very natural.
They have been happening for millions of years.
They clear-out the underbrush.
When the underbrush is allowed to grow for decades it creates a huge amount of fuel for the wildfires.

The White House response to the Climate Report:

White House downplays US climate report

The scientists' predictions include:

• A global sea level rise of up to 8ft (2.4 metres) cannot be ruled out by the end of the century
  • Risks of drought and flooding will increase
  • There will be more frequent wildfires and devastating storms
Running to nearly 500 pages, the report concludes that the current period is "now the warmest in the history of modern civilisation".

It is "extremely likely that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases, are the dominant cause", it finds, adding that "there is no convincing alternative explanation".

_96303113_077d89ab-5ae7-4f40-b004-b89dab11f71b.jpg
The report was a sham in its draft form and its remains a fantasy in the final report. Written by Obama era clones, it lacks factual evidence and quantifiable/repeatable science to all of its pontificates.. In short, its all political BS.
Have you read the actual report? I have..the science..what I can understand..seems pretty solid to me.

Also, I dispute your allegation that because the study spans the last 4 years..that somehow..magically...it is tainted. Obama had nothing to do with this study. It is a compilation of some pretty reputable scientists..whose observations transcend political wrangling.

I do agree with the political BS part though.Those deniers who have staked out their position and scramble to maintain it, despite mounting evidence to the contrary..define the term. Tell me..at what point could you be convinced? I doubt that any evidence would convince you, because, I believe, that your position is not based on science..no matter your protestations to the contrary, but is based on political motive..and intransigent positioning in the current Culture War going on.
Your use of a denigrating term shows that you are not a scientist or one who uses science. Only a politicrat posing as a scientist will use the 'denier' term. Since you have used the term, what science are we denying?
LoL..you think you are on familiar ground..but you are not. You are denying the results of legitimate scientists in order to serve a political purpose. This is akin to an ostrich..who sees danger approaching..and finds his hole.

iu

Your a dupe...

You cant eve see that the whole fabrication is nothing more than fantasy. You want us to do something without knowing what is wrong or if what we might do would be worse than doing nothing..

That is a special kind of lunacy..

Earth has been around for billions of years. We've been here for about 150 thousand. We've been manufacturing for about 200.

The Earth is going to be just fine. We're due for another pole shift anyway, so that'll take care of that. lol.
Pole shift?? Damn..that's going to piss off my favorite dancers!
Its called the Milankoavitch cycle. And yes we have passed the tilt position where glaciation occurs..
Milankovitch Cycles and Glaciation

Last edited:
Nobody in the West of North America can deny the increase in intensity and size of the fires in the last decade. These wild fires are now invading cities, not just small country towns. Even with the roads and four engine jet tankers available to fight these very large fires, they just keep getting bigger with every decade.
Then you have to let people log in California instead of leaving dead trees just laying there like retards.

Actually wildfires are very natural.
They have been happening for millions of years.
They clear-out the underbrush.
When the underbrush is allowed to grow for decades it creates a huge amount of fuel for the wildfires.
They don't like it when you point out piss poor liberal forestry and land management practices that allow fuels to build up and crown fires to occur. But it made them feel good thinking they were protecting the environment. Nature always returns balance, sometimes with great fury!

• A global sea level rise of up to 8ft (2.4 metres) cannot be ruled out by the end of the century
Running to nearly 500 pages, the report concludes that the current period is "now the warmest in the history of modern civilisation".

It is "extremely likely that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases, are the dominant cause", it finds, adding that "there is no convincing alternative explanation".

Which scientists do the White House use to downplay the report?

Rick Perry?
Sean Hannity?
Nope.. they are actually using PhD's who know about this. People like Judith Curry and others.
So..somehow..your Phd.'s are so much smarter than the 100's of Phd.'s who compiled this report..OK.
You have a group of about 60 who pal review each others work. Why are you afraid to have it critically reviewed? Its easy to discredit the BS political crap...

And yet the tropical surface temps have dropped almost 2 deg C this year over last? tell me again how the storms grew bigger with cooler overall surface temperatures?
Ask the Weather Channel. I had not heard about a 2 deg C drop in surface temps anywhere. You sure about that?

View attachment 158609

Only 1/2 of claimed IPCC warming to date. The IPCC stated in 1998 that we should have already seen over 1.5 deg C. That was over 15 years ago.

The exaggerations in this report are stunning and not supported by empirical fact.
Perhaps..the science has gotten better? Predictive modeling...is an inexact science---and 15 years ago..maybe they were off?

It happens. Empirical fact..hmmm...you do know..that iteration..in as chaotic a predictive model as the entire climate of the world...is not always your friend.

None of that means..that something..isn't happening--and that it might behoove us...to plan for an interesting future.
In 1981 Dr. Hansen predicted that the Northwest Passage would open by the end of the 21st century. It first opened in 2007, and in 2016 was open enough that a 1000 passenger luxury liner transited the passage. Most of the predictions concerning the effects of the warming have been on the conservative side. Extreme precipitation events are part of the predictions, but the 56" of rain in Houston this year was extreme, even by the standards of the predictions.

Rick Perry?
Sean Hannity?
Nope.. they are actually using PhD's who know about this. People like Judith Curry and others.
So..somehow..your Phd.'s are so much smarter than the 100's of Phd.'s who compiled this report..OK.
You have a group of about 60 who pal review each others work. Why are you afraid to have it critically reviewed? Its easy to discredit the BS political crap...
What the fuck would a lying ass like you know about peer review. I doubt that you have ever read a peer reviewed journal in your burger flippin' life. You claim credentials you most obviously don't have, in fact do not even have the 200 classes you take to start on the path to those credentials. You are fooling no one here, not even your peer levels like Mr. Westwall.

The difference between the predicted changes and observed is striking, with only one model, the Russian INCM4, appearing realistic. In its latest iteration, its climate sensitivity (the net warming calculated for a doubling of the atmosphere’s carbon dioxide concentration) is 1.4⁰C (2.5⁰F) compared to the average of 3.2⁰C (5.8⁰F) in the family of models used in the National Climate Assessment. In fact, the temperature trajectory the earth is on, along with an expected large-scale shift from coal to gas for electrical generation (already underway in the U.S. and Canada) will keep total human-caused warming to less than 2.0⁰C (3.6⁰F) between 1950 and 2100, which is the goal of the Paris Climate Agreement.1

That’s a far cry from the extremism of the National Assessment.

Dr Pat Michael's pretty much eviscerates the report in short order..

What You Won’t Find in the New National Climate Assessment

So you are another fucking liar. No, what was claimed was that the warming increased the intensity of the storms. Cat 5 in the mid-Atlantic. At the same time, the mid-Atlantic is warmer than it has been since we have been recording the temperature there. 56" of rain in Houston. Warmer ocean, warmer atmosphere, and blocking weather created by the lack of ice in the Arctic.

Rick Perry?
Sean Hannity?
What the fuck would a lying ass like you know about peer review. I doubt that you have ever read a peer reviewed journal in your burger flippin' life. You claim credentials you most obviously don't have, in fact do not even have the 200 classes you take to start on the path to those credentials. You are fooling no one here, not even your peer levels like Mr. Westwall.
You don't even grasp concepts in 100 series classes on the basic physical properties of matter... LOL Trying to teach you anything on this is like trying to teach a rock to fly..

Earth has been around for billions of years. We've been here for about 150 thousand. We've been manufacturing for about 200.

The Earth is going to be just fine. We're due for another pole shift anyway, so that'll take care of that. lol.
Elucidate on what you mean by a pole shift. And what would the effects be of that pole shift. LOL Then I'll tell you why you are full of shit.

Of course the Earth is going to be just fine. But the environment that sustains humans will not be, and that is going to create a great deal of misery for a lot of humans. The kind of misery that results in such things as killing famines. And wars involving nations that are nuclear armed.

View attachment 158609

In 1981 Dr. Hansen predicted that the Northwest Passage would open by the end of the 21st century. It first opened in 2007, and in 2016 was open enough that a 1000 passenger luxury liner transited the passage. Most of the predictions concerning the effects of the warming have been on the conservative side. Extreme precipitation events are part of the predictions, but the 56" of rain in Houston this year was extreme, even by the standards of the predictions.
Bwhaaaaaaaaa

Still citing that fraud..

Hansen is a discredited fool and you still buy the crap..

Even the Russians now have a model that is very close to reality and it shows the error of US modeling very well. Dr Michaels' points it out in his essay..

Elucidate on what you mean by a pole shift. And what would the effects be of that pole shift. LOL Then I'll tell you why you are full of shit.

Of course the Earth is going to be just fine. But the environment that sustains humans will not be, and that is going to create a great deal of misery for a lot of humans. The kind of misery that results in such things as killing famines. And wars involving nations that are nuclear armed.
Exaggeration is you only friend.

Gawd your so predictable..

Pole shift?? Damn..that's going to piss off my favorite dancers!
Its called the Milankoavitch cycle. And yes we have passed the tilt position where glaciation occurs..
Milankovitch Cycles and Glaciation
LOL Really? And if you look at the charts of the temperatures going into glacial cycles, the descent is very slow. Slow enough that it will take thousands of years to get significantly colder. But we are rapidly warming, not cooling. And there will be no cooling in the forecast for centuries, because of the GHG's that we have put into the atmosphere.

Forum List

Back