Trump government declares global warming to be real

"extremely likely"
But somehow thats enough to justify loss of sovereignty and money..

Its called....Doing the right thing

Doing the right thing is not impeding people's quality of life in order to entertain the fantasies of idiots and dreamers. I've never denied climate change is occurring, but to believe we can somehow control it is typical human hubris.

Now you are going all goofy on us

They are not fantasies....It is REAL
Supported by every credible scientists

And yes, you may have to endure some minor inconvenience.......but your ancestors will thank you (actually,, they will blame you for refusing to do anything)

My ancestors are dead. I don't think they care.

"extremely likely"

Its called....Doing the right thing

Doing the right thing is not impeding people's quality of life in order to entertain the fantasies of idiots and dreamers. I've never denied climate change is occurring, but to believe we can somehow control it is typical human hubris.

Now you are going all goofy on us

They are not fantasies....It is REAL
Supported by every credible scientists

And yes, you may have to endure some minor inconvenience.......but your ancestors will thank you (actually,, they will blame you for refusing to do anything)

My ancestors are dead. I don't think they care.
must be ghosts!

The report is based on thousands of articles from scientific journals. You know, the places that scientists present their findings for peer review. No, you really don't know, do you. Never read such, have you. Not the reading material for a burger flipper. Marvel Comics is your speed. LOL

Peer review.... LOL. One of my best friends back in Boston is a Ph D. He said peer review is the biggest sham. Basically, if you're buddy-buddy and go along with the crowd you'll be favorably reviewed. Print something controversial or unconventional, regardless of supporting evidence, not so much.

I'm going to hope eventually Trump or not the USA will do the right thing. Nikki Haley and Rex seem like serious people. And maybe Trump will negotiate a better deal. Right now we have to clean up our act more than China does. Maybe the USA doesn't need to be the one who takes it in the ass more than everyone else. But I bet there is probably a good reason for it and I could be convinced that the reason is good.
We're not "taking it in the ass." That's what the oil industry wants you to think. They just want to keep getting richer and they could care less what it does to the planet or the people living on it.
Countries are stepping up to the plate and committing to changes that will make a difference. The U.S. is trying to resuscitate the coal industry.
Figure it out. I can't.
Didnt the UN just release a report that said the accord wouldnt do anything?

No

Doing nothing won't do anything
Any reduction still helps
The UN Admits That The Paris Climate Deal Was A Fraud ...
Let me summarize: Rich folks heavily invested in fossil fuels are throwing up their hands and saying "Nothing can be done."

No, rich people heavily invested in carbon credits and green energy firms, and scientists relying on grants spouting global warming are saying it can be done. lol

Nobody in the West of North America can deny the increase in intensity and size of the fires in the last decade. These wild fires are now invading cities, not just small country towns. Even with the roads and four engine jet tankers available to fight these very large fires, they just keep getting bigger with every decade.
Uhmmm
Cal Fire continues to probe cause of deadly wildfires despite arson arrest

Arson. And they creep into places they always did, previously unoccupied.

Wildland Fire: History Timeline | U.S. National Park Service
Silly ass. Investigating one fire for the possibility of arson. Already we know that some of the fires were caused by downed power lines. As for past fires, they did not have the roads and four engine jets to fight these fires in those times. We do, and we are still loosing hundreds of square miles to crown fires, and thousands of buildings, each year.
Silly willy. Completely ignores the centuries old history of fires in California.

We're not "taking it in the ass." That's what the oil industry wants you to think. They just want to keep getting richer and they could care less what it does to the planet or the people living on it.
Countries are stepping up to the plate and committing to changes that will make a difference. The U.S. is trying to resuscitate the coal industry.
Figure it out. I can't.

No

helps what? Your imagination?
In the OP "LIKELY"
:dunno:

So Likely doesn't cut it

Sounds like the arguments conservatives used in defending cigarette companies
Its funny watching hacks use arguments like that so selectively.
Conservatives are a one trick pony when it comes to scientific research

Figure it out. I can't.

No

Let me summarize: Rich folks heavily invested in fossil fuels are throwing up their hands and saying "Nothing can be done."

No, rich people heavily invested in carbon credits and green energy firms, and scientists relying on grants spouting global warming are saying it can be done. lol
The problem with your conspiracy theory is that every scientist in the world, regardless of political persuasion supports the theory of man made global warming

Trumps own people are now claiming that man made global warming is a threat

"extremely likely"

Acknowledging and preparing for massive climate change is NOT an economic issue? But rather a poll on capitalism pushed by the Chinese?

"extremely likely"

Acknowledging and preparing for massive climate change is NOT an economic issue? But rather a poll on capitalism pushed by the Chinese?
No one is preparing for that shit. They just want to disperse money.
It's rather kind of silly to claim otherwise.
I would probably support building infrastructure or something. If there was a good plan behind it.

"extremely likely"

No one is preparing for that shit. They just want to disperse money.
It's rather kind of silly to claim otherwise.
I would probably support building infrastructure or something. If there was a good plan behind it.
You are wrong. No one here is preparing for the what we see coming. But there are other nations that are.

America used to be exceptional

We were looked at as a moral example. Willing to do what is right

With Trump, it is what's in it for me? Screw the rest of the world to make a buck

With Trump, it is what's in it for me? Screw the rest of the world to make a buck

Remind us again how Trump dropped on the Forbes billionaire list, clearly he is not in it for the money..

Remind us again how Trump dropped on the Forbes billionaire list, clearly he is not in it for the money..

Trump is an inept businessman with an empire built solely on his name

The report is based on thousands of articles from scientific journals. You know, the places that scientists present their findings for peer review. No, you really don't know, do you. Never read such, have you. Not the reading material for a burger flipper. Marvel Comics is your speed. LOL

Peer review.... LOL. One of my best friends back in Boston is a Ph D. He said peer review is the biggest sham. Basically, if you're buddy-buddy and go along with the crowd you'll be favorably reviewed. Print something controversial or unconventional, regardless of supporting evidence, not so much.

This is very true in the conservative echo chamber, but not with this report.

You should know better.

Trump is an inept businessman with an empire built solely on his name

With a name that he created .....
A name synonymous with short changing workmen, cheating on taxes, and mob dealing, both here and abroad.

Figure it out. I can't.

No

We have to put the brakes on. Period.
I'm glad the majority of the world knows better than listen to the oil lobbyists' snake oil. We don't get a second planet. It's time to do what we can to take responsibility for our actions.

No

I'm glad the majority of the world knows better than listen to the oil lobbyists' snake oil. We don't get a second planet. It's time to do what we can to take responsibility for our actions.
Nobody is even calling for anyone to slam on the brakes
Just a gradual reduction in fossil fuel emissions

Conservatives are outraged

No

The planet will survive
It is one tough piece of rock and there is nothing we can do to destroy it

It is the humans on the planet that are vulnerable

Forum List

Back