🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump is donating 2nd quarter salary (100K) to Department of Education

His choice surprises me. Education has been a department I always thought of as Jimmy Carter's thank-you to the teachers' union. Also with the Common Core rant I can't imagine the department is too popular these days.

But never-the-less that wasn't meant to downplay Trump's good gesture. Definitely a class act.

Did you miss the point? He donates $100,000 to a department he wants to cut 9 billion dollars from. What's classy about that?

What's classy about taking from taxpayers to take care of friends at the Teachers Union, fighting against school choice, and passing the buck to never accept accountability?

...while proposing to cut the Education Department budget by over 9 BILLION.

No, this is not a story from The Onion.

Trump donates second-quarter salary to Education Department
/----/ So you're offended that Pres Trump is helping kids at a science camp while telling a bloated agency to cut the waste. You should applause him. No Dem president would have given up his salary.
How sactomonious of yous..Where do you send your salary? Lion Club?
/----/
1.) I don't have Trumps wealth.
2.) I'm retired so I don't have a salary anymore.
3.) I make monthly donations to the St Jude's Children's Hospital and to various Veterans support groups.
4.) You don't seem to know the definition of sanctimonious. How does Pres Trump donating his salary to charity make me sanctimonious?
Here's a clue:
sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous
adjective
derogatory
  1. making a show of being morally superior to other people.

His choice surprises me. Education has been a department I always thought of as Jimmy Carter's thank-you to the teachers' union. Also with the Common Core rant I can't imagine the department is too popular these days.

But never-the-less that wasn't meant to downplay Trump's good gesture. Definitely a class act.

Did you miss the point? He donates $100,000 to a department he wants to cut 9 billion dollars from. What's classy about that?

What's classy about taking from taxpayers to take care of friends at the Teachers Union, fighting against school choice, and passing the buck to never accept accountability?
You also support police and firemen unions..Do you have a bitch about them, or did you never like your teachers? You are aware that all teachers at public schools are not unionized?

/----/ So you're offended that Pres Trump is helping kids at a science camp while telling a bloated agency to cut the waste. You should applause him. No Dem president would have given up his salary.
/----/
3.) I make monthly donations to the St Jude's Children's Hospital and to various Veterans support groups.
4.) You don't seem to know the definition of sanctimonious. How does Pres Trump donating his salary to charity make me sanctimonious?
Here's a clue:
sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous
adjective
derogatory
Your sanctimonious state is when you project it upon Trump over what some other democratic president did or didn't do...I couldn't give a fuck what he does with his income, just as I want the same from my govt. but it's an disproportional standoff.

I never really followed politics in any depth until the last Pres campaign and stumbled in here one day searching for articles on gun control. I don't know if Republicans have always hated education, but the slander against education from kindergarten through college is just frightening to me.
When people started bitching about "Common Core" years ago I figured it was because parents were pissed they couldn't do the New Math. (They still are, imo.) Then I started working for Adult Ed and had to do some in depth dives into the standards etc. It is so not to be scared of. I can understand the objection to the federal interference in education, whether I agree with it or not. But Common Core itself is so not scary. And people absolutely refuse to listen.

The refuge of an ignoramus with no refutation is to Funny the post. I see it, eagle.
LOL

Hell of lot of Americans disagree with you bro......................Common Core's days are done...............enjoy.

That doesn't address the fundamental lack of understanding what Common Core is. Just because people agree with your ignorance, makes you no less ignorant.

/----/
Here's a clue:
sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous
adjective
derogatory
Your sanctimonious state is when you project it upon Trump over what some other democratic president did or didn't do...I couldn't give a fuck what he does with his income, just as I want the same from my govt. but it's an disproportional standoff.
/----/ Please list the Presidents that donated their salary and were not roundly criticized for doing so.. I'll help you get started:
1.) JFK.
2.)

You also support police and firemen unions..Do you have a bitch about them, or did you never like your teachers? You are aware that all teachers at public schools are not unionized?

Police and Fire unions don't have cabinet agencies bloated with egregious taxpayer funding as a medium to pay off union cronies. That said, I am not against teachers unions.... I am against the bloat at the Department of Education.

I never really followed politics in any depth until the last Pres campaign and stumbled in here one day searching for articles on gun control. I don't know if Republicans have always hated education, but the slander against education from kindergarten through college is just frightening to me.
When people started bitching about "Common Core" years ago I figured it was because parents were pissed they couldn't do the New Math. (They still are, imo.) Then I started working for Adult Ed and had to do some in depth dives into the standards etc. It is so not to be scared of. I can understand the objection to the federal interference in education, whether I agree with it or not. But Common Core itself is so not scary. And people absolutely refuse to listen.
Americans are, almost without exception, fucking morons.

The Orange Menace should take the 100K and go get an education.

/----/ You wrote:"I don't know if Republicans have always hated education, "
Ahhhh the first strawman argument of the day. Well done.
strawman.jpg

I have found nothing particularly wrong with it..Not much difference then the days of the three R's, reading, riting and rithmatic..Now tell me what's wrong with the spelling of two of the fundamental R's in education back in the 1960'-'70's...

/----/ Not bad for a bunch of morons: 10 Great American Achievements - History and Headlines

A little ADD medication might be all it takes.

This guy is the only Anti-American moron I am seeing here. (save few other far leftists)

Go back to Venezuela eating rats. I hope Trump's next salary will be donated to pay for one way tickets for guys such as yourself.

I have found nothing particularly wrong with it..Not much difference then the days of the three R's, reading, riting and rithmatic..Now tell me what's wrong with the spelling of two of the fundamental R's in education back in the 1960'-'70's...
LOL. Good point.
I have quite a few students who have dropped out recently, in the past five-ten years, and some of them have some huge gaps in their mathematical ability. Don't know their multiplication tables, never actually learned how to deal with fractions, or understand decimal places, can't do a simple percent problem. I'm actually reteaching long division to some of them. These are not mentally challenged kids.
Now it's true irl we rely on calculators, but the lack of math understanding is absolutely sickening. I'm not sure what's going on. It is not the fault of common core, which is just a set of standards, but something is wrong somewhere.
Of course, I say that knowing that I'm dealing with the ones who dropped out.

This guy is the only Anti-American moron I am seeing here. (save few other far leftists)

Go back to Venezuela eating rats. I hope Trump's next salary will be donated to pay for one way tickets for guys such as yourself.
Don't you think it's Westwall?

LOL. Good point.
I have quite a few students who have dropped out recently, in the past five-ten years, and some of them have some huge gaps in their mathematical ability. Don't know their multiplication tables, never actually learned how to deal with fractions, or understand decimal places, can't do a simple percent problem. I'm actually reteaching long division to some of them. These are not mentally challenged kids.
Now it's true irl we rely on calculators, but the lack of math understanding is absolutely sickening. I'm not sure what's going on. It is not the fault of common core, which is just a set of standards, but something is wrong somewhere.
Of course, I say that knowing that I'm dealing with the ones who dropped out.
I agree. I saw at it's worst in the military when going through electronics classes using algebraic formulas and calculations...I had basic algebra in 8th grade, all other math at a higher level I learned on my own..I pushed my kids to do well in math by doing projects with them and teaching them basic electronics as teens..My Mom was not very good at math and I had no Dad to speak of so blaming parents is not always to usable venue..It is up to that individual to learn...

Forum List

Back