🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Is Eliminating VA Pensions - Whaaat ?

So tell me where is the evidence that there is actually a proposal to eliminate duplicate SSD/VA disability payments...or even if people were supposed to be getting both in the first place?
The proposal isn't to eliminate disabiltiy, it is to eliminate the VA pensions. And the evidence is in the OP link. In addition to 702,000 other URLs from the same search page.
There's no evidence of anything in the OP link. It's just a *journalist* musing.

Everyone seems to want to cut spending. Until it comes around to putting their own prized pigs on a diet.

I'm a vet too, but I get nothing from the Empire. I doubt I ever will.
Have you applied for a pension ? If you're over 65

This sounds like something Obama would do. It is hard to comprehend. After all the talk about helping and protecting the veterans, we're going to get shafted like this ? Unreal. Hopefully, this is just another one of Trump's deal making MOs >> start high, work your way down to what you really want to do.

For now, I'm looking at it on its face value, and I don't like it one bit. I get $861/month for Social Security. I get another $267 from my VA pension. This is a total of a measly $1128/month. And I'm supposed to sit back and say OK to reducing that to $861/month, for my total income ?

For the first time, my support of Trump in is major jeopardy. I might even discard my Republican registration, and go back to being an Independent. Yikes. Trump better reconsider this, big time.

Trump's big VA budget request comes with proposed trims to vets benefits

Where in the article does it indicate that Trump is proposing to "Eliminate VA Pensions"?

All I see are cuts to in the Unemployability program after retirement, rounding COLA increases to the nearest dollar and capping GI Bill payouts to flight schools, the rest of it is INCREASES in VA funding.

So the left are lying again?

And all the searches I did came up with the elimination of duplicate VA BENEFITS, not duplicate va/ssb benefits.

Which technically, you shouldn't get anyway. SSI disability is income determined and is received by disabled people who have never worked.

SSD disability likewise is based on income, and work quarters.

So social security has been looking at va income all along..and probably should have been counting it. And as far as I know they do.

So tell me where is the evidence that there is actually a proposal to eliminate duplicate SSD/VA disability payments...or even if people were supposed to be getting both in the first place?
The proposal isn't to eliminate disabiltiy, it is to eliminate the VA pensions. And the evidence is in the OP link. In addition to 702,000 other URLs from the same search page.[/QUOTE]
There's no evidence of anything in the OP link. It's just a *journalist* musing.[/QUOTE]
"The most dramatic of those is an end to Individual Unemployability benefit payments to retirement-age veterans, a move expected to save $3.2 billion next year alone and $41 billion over the next decade."

Trump's big VA budget request comes with proposed trims to vets benefits

Trump - VA pensions - Google Search

The proposal isn't to eliminate disabiltiy, it is to eliminate the VA pensions. And the evidence is in the OP link. In addition to 702,000 other URLs from the same search page.
There's no evidence of anything in the OP link. It's just a *journalist* musing.[/QUOTE]
"The most dramatic of those is an end to Individual Unemployability benefit payments to retirement-age veterans, a move expected to save $3.2 billion next year alone and $41 billion over the next decade."[/QUOTE]
That has nothing to do with ssd/ssb. And I can't find that information anywhere else on the internet.

BTW, when you quote a source, link it in the post, dumbass.

This is the false equivalency of the year. The first SS recipients paid nothing for their benefits. The younger generations have to pay all of it, currently they are in debt to the tune of 120 trillion. That's how the system works.
HA HA. You really think you're going to get somewhere with that ?

EARTH TO NORMAN: Nobody's talking about the first SS recipients. We're talking about veterans who paid more than you'll ever have any comprehension of, if you never served in the military.

And again, the US debt is 20 Trillion, not 120 - you're a slow learner. :slap:

You didn't even read your own source.

"The most dramatic of those is an end to Individual Unemployability benefit payments to retirement-age veterans, a move expected to save $3.2 billion next year alone and $41 billion over the next decade."

Further down...

"Trump has proposed stopping those payouts once veterans are eligible for Social Security retirement benefits, arguing the practice now amounts to “the duplication of benefits.” It would impact more than 225,000 veterans receiving the payouts today. "

It eliminates as the article says, duplicate benefits.

Have you applied for a pension ? If you're over 65

I'm skeptical the Empire will still be solvent in 20 years.

When I was demobing I was surprised at how much effort was put into getting people on the VA. People with little or nothing wrong were getting %30. If they have to cut the budget now, it's because they put no restraint on spending and it got out of control.

Right in the article it says "PROPOSED" change. Do you know what this means?

I sort of start to get an understanding of why you are so desperate for entitlements taken from the young.
And when you get old, and can't work anymore, you're going to THEN say to people who like you, are in their 70s >> "I sort of start to get an understanding of why you are so desperate for entitlements taken from the young"

Right ? Right, Norman ? Right ? Right? :laugh:

And so now you're going to say, well you'll have a fortune built up by then, right Norman ? HA HA HA HA.

You were reckless and didn't save. Maybe you should have volunteered at the VET hospital a bit less and take care of your own retirement.

I have to save, because I know the benefits are going to pay jack shit when I am old, unless I find it okay to vote to enslave my children (which you would have no problem with). This is exactly, why these programs are so problematic. You were indeed, duped. And now entire generations will have to pay.

Last edited:
if he hasnt yet, he will.

all these coal mining jobs he promised either never happened or were automated.

Without looking he's NOT, I repeat he's NOT eliminating pensions.

If anything, they're reducing, or at worst eliminating pensions for new employees. Fact is, our government is drowning in pensions. Fact is, our military has a history of terminating service prior to they becoming vested, long before Trump was POUS.

If you ask me, I'd go after our teachers, and ESPECIALLY, I say ESPECIALLY college professors long before our military Look what our professors are educating in the name of "liberal arts". They're producing snowflakes, and I've seen the results in the work place first hand. These professors should be paying us, but don't ask them. They couldn't do a cost benefit analysis if they had to.

That has nothing to do with ssd/ssb. And I can't find that information anywhere else on the internet.

BTW, when you quote a source, link it in the post, dumbass.
It IS LINKED jock-itch.

And we're not talking about ssd/ssb. You don't even know the subject matter of the thread.

Forum List

Back