🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Is Eliminating VA Pensions - Whaaat ?

Reagan was a GI benefit killer also...Notice how republicans claim to be pro-military.

Try actually reading the article.
Why? I am active in post military matters..There have already been cutbacks at the VA I use since Trump became president...

So you don't look stupid by not knowing what is actually being done.
Exactly being done about the budget proposal? Why yes, read it when it was released..

Knee jerk reactions to second and third and fourth hand misinformation. Ugh.

Reagan was a GI benefit killer also...Notice how republicans claim to be pro-military.

Try actually reading the article.
Why? I am active in post military matters..There have already been cutbacks at the VA I use since Trump became president...

So you don't look stupid by not knowing what is actually being done.
Exactly being done about the budget proposal? Why yes, read it when it was released..

LOL, the you didn't comprehend any of it. I've shown the OP out of his own article that his premise is incorrect.

if he hasnt yet, he will.

all these coal mining jobs he promised either never happened or were automated.

New met-coal mine opens in Pennsylvania
Corsa Coal's Acosta mine will create up to 100 new jobs

New met-coal mine opens in Pennsylvania | MINING.com

Have always lied like this?
Because your a miner?

Dope is clueless as usual ..

Increased automation guarantees a bleak outlook for Trump’s promises to coal miners | Brookings Institution

"VA has proposed legislation to eliminate certain statutory impediments to VA more effectively pursuing joint projects with other Federal agencies. With Congress’ help, we will enhance our ability to coordinate with DoD and other Federal agencies to improve the access, quality, and cost effectiveness of health care provided to Veterans. Proposed legislation would provide Department of Veterans Affairs authority to transfer funds between VA and other Federal agencies for joint medical facility initiatives in order to improve joint capital asset planning and support capital investments to design, construct, and utilize shared medical facilities."

Sounds good. Just what we elected Trump to do.

https://www.va.gov/budget/docs/summary/fy2018VAbudgetInBrief.pdf

That has nothing to do with ssd/ssb. And I can't find that information anywhere else on the internet.

BTW, when you quote a source, link it in the post, dumbass.
It IS LINKED jock-itch.

And we're not talking about ssd/ssb. You don't even know the subject matter of the thread.
No, it wasn't linked in the post. You went back and added those. If you do it quickly, the edit doesn't come up. I see what you did there, lol.

Because your a miner?

Increased automation guarantees a bleak outlook for Trump’s promises to coal miners | Brookings Institution

You lied an I proved it. 100 new jobs in PA. You lied.

That has nothing to do with ssd/ssb. And I can't find that information anywhere else on the internet.

BTW, when you quote a source, link it in the post, dumbass.
It IS LINKED jock-itch.

And we're not talking about ssd/ssb. You don't even know the subject matter of the thread.

Actually pop, YOU don't. You didn't even read the piece, you just started crying.

Because your a miner?

fuck off.. 100 jobs in pa doesnt do shit for the 1000's not working in Kentucky/

asshat.

Where in the article does it indicate that Trump is proposing to "Eliminate VA Pensions"?

All I see are cuts to in the Unemployability program after retirement, rounding COLA increases to the nearest dollar and capping GI Bill payouts to flight schools, the rest of it is INCREASES in VA funding.
What you are calling "Unemployability program after retirement" is my VA pension.

I'm not calling it "Unemployability program after retirement" the article you linked is and apparently the Trump Administrations argument is that once you're retired and eligible for Social Security you shouldn't get it but that's not the same thing as eliminating VA pensions since veterans are still eligible for service retirement pensions (I believe starting @ 20 years of service).

It appears that the program in question was intended for disabled veterans that are unable to work due to a service related injury so it doesn't make sense that it would carry over into retirement. Personally I think it's not something that should be cut but they screwed up when they lumped retirees into a program that was clearly designed as a disability benefit, thus making it a juicy target for cost cutting; would have made more sense to apply a supplementary VA RETIREMENT pension benefit for veterans not eligible for service time pensions but qualified as disabled and unable to work because of service related disability.

The good news for you is:
VA Secretary backs off plan to cut elderly vets' benefits

"Administration officials are backing away from plans to slash tens of thousands of dollars in unemployment benefits from elderly veterans after an outcry from advocates who warned the move could cause significant financial harm to vulnerable veterans. "

Because your a miner?

fuck off.. 100 jobs in pa doesnt do shit for the 1000's not working in Kentucky/

gfy asshat.

You're a punk kid, you lied and you got exposed.

What's being cut are unemployability pension benefits for injuries that are not service connected.

Completely untrue. The Individual Unemployability program is specifically for service connected disabilities.

Forum List

Back