🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Is Eliminating VA Pensions - Whaaat ?

This sounds like something Obama would do. It is hard to comprehend. After all the talk about helping and protecting the veterans, we're going to get shafted like this ? Unreal. Hopefully, this is just another one of Trump's deal making MOs >> start high, work your way down to what you really want to do.

For now, I'm looking at it on its face value, and I don't like it one bit. I get $861/month for Social Security. I get another $267 from my VA pension. This is a total of a measly $1128/month. And I'm supposed to sit back and say OK to reducing that to $861/month, for my total income ?

For the first time, my support of Trump in is major jeopardy. I might even discard my Republican registration, and go back to being an Independent. Yikes. Trump better reconsider this, big time.

Trump's big VA budget request comes with proposed trims to vets benefits

Did you serve 20 years or more?

If so, there is another benefit the GOP has been trying to take away from us. Tricare Prime.

The DoD is trying to kick retired vets off Tricare Prime and onto Tricare Standard. The idea is to eventually force us off Tricare for good.

I have a family member with a catastrophic illness. If I was on Tricare Standard instead of Prime, we'd be living in a cardboard box right now. I've had to go to my Congressman and Senators twice to get them to put us back on Tricare Prime.

Is this individual seriously delusional enough to believe that the GOP is the party that is anti-veteran?

I know he is pretty delusional, but wow. GOP practically consists of the veteran lobby and almost nothing else... dumb.
I've been very actively politically involved in pushing back the cuts placed on vets by our Republican Congress, dipshit. No one knows more than me which party has been trying to cut military benefits.

GOP - the party full of Veteran lobbyists.

Dems - the party that hates everything about the military.

Of course, it's the GOP who will go after the throats of the vets. For sure!

The exercise in delusion is strong with this one.

One of the cuts to military retirement benefits the Republicans have puked up to cut federal spending is to take away the pension you get for serving 20+ years and replacing it with a 401k plan.

As if getting your ass shot at is the same as some schmuck at a corporate desk job.

House GOP Backs 401(k)-Like Military Retirement Plan

As long as the billionaires get their tax cuts, that's all that matters
This is more true than you realize.

$1.4 trillion in annual tax expenditures, which is a massive transfer of wealth up the income strata.

And they are taking it out of the hides of vets and the poor.

Who fcking cares what he "defends". It's all a theater. Everyone knows we don't have money to pay for any of this stuff. They supposedly are against it so that they won't have to bare the blame when it comes crashing down. They won't cut a dime.

Come back when he actually passes a bill. Then we can talk. (He won't because the omega weakling is completely subjugated by the elderly men).

Last edited:
Link

Ryan Opposed Veterans Health Care Funds.

In 2007, Ryan voted against legislation that provided critical funding for veterans health care, including funds to enhance medical services for active duty forces, mobilized personnel and their family members and $1.7 billion for veterans’ health care priorities including maintenance at VA health care facilities like Walter Reed.
The measure included: $550 million to address the maintenance backlog at VA health care facilities to prevent situations similar to those at Walter Reed;
$250 million for medical administration to ensure sufficient personnel to address the rising number of veterans and to maintain a high level of service;

$229 million for treating the growing number of veterans;

$100 million to allow the VA to contract with private mental healthcare providers to offer veterans, including Guard and reserve members, quality and timely care; and,

$62 million to speed claims processing for returning veterans.

The measure passed 218-212 [ Roll Call 186, H 1591, 03/23/2007;CQ House Action Reports, No. 110-3]

Ryan Supported FY 2005 Budget Trashed by Veterans’ Groups.

In 2004, Ryan voted in favor of a budget that wasstrongly opposed by major veterans' organizations.

A coalition of veterans groups, including the AMVETS, Disabled American Veterans, Paralyzed Veterans of America, and Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States was vehemently opposed to the bill.

“Passage of the budget resolution, as presented, would be a disservice to those men and women who haveserved this country and who are currently serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, and around the world in our fight against terrorism,” the groups said.

The budget resolution passed 215-212[ Roll Call 92, S 393, 03/25/2004;Letter to Members, 3/23/04]

Ryan Opposed Motion To Allow Veterans With Service-Related Disabilities And 20 Years’ Honorable Service To Receive Full Disability Benefits And Full Retirement Pay.

According to the Saint Paul Pioneer Press, “Voting 188 for and 217 against, the House defeated a Democratic bid to allow veterans with a service-related disability and at least 20 years’ honorable service to receive full disability benefits as well as full retirement pay. At present, most veterans must deduct disability income from retirement pay in a subtraction known as the ‘disabled veterans tax.’ The motion was offered to the defense bill above, which already included GOP language phasing out the ‘tax’ for about one-third of affected veterans.

If not offset elsewhere in the budget, the Democratic motion would add over $50 billion to the national debt over 10 years. A yes vote backed full, dual benefits.”

Ryan voted no.

[Saint Paul Pioneer Press, 11/9/03]

Ryan Voted to Cut Funding for Veterans' Programs, Impose Enrollment Fees.

In 2003, Ryan voted for a budget that called for cutting $15 billion from veterans’ benefits, including veterans’ pensions, compensation, education and other benefits, over 10 years.

The Disabled Veterans of America strongly opposed the budget, sending a letter to all members of Congress “to communicate our deep-seated outrage regarding the fiscal year 2004 budget adopted by the House Budget Committee, which would cut veterans’ programs by more than $15 billion during the next 10 years.

”The GOP budget also included the President’s proposal to impose a $250 fee for enrollment in VA health care for category 7 and 8 veterans, along with a doubling of the drug co-payment for those veterans.

The budget passed 215-212[ Roll Call 82, S 95, 03/21/2003;Letter from Edward R. Heath, National Commander, Disabled Veterans of America, 3/17/03]

Paul Ryan Voted to Cut Funding for Veterans Benefits By $25 Billion, Imposed Enrollment Fees.

In 2003, Paul Ryan voted for a budget that called for cutting $25 billion from veterans’ benefits, including veterans’ pensions, compensation, education and other benefits, over 10 years.

The Disabled Veterans of America strongly opposed the budget, sending a letter to all members of Congress, “to communicate our deep-seated outrage regarding the fiscal year 2004 budget adopted by the House Budget Committee, which would cut veterans programs by more than $15 billion during the next 10 years. "

The GOP budget also included the President Bush's proposal to impose a $250 fee for enrollment in VA health care for category 7 and 8 veterans, along with a doubling of the drug co-payment for those veterans.

The budget passed 215-212

[ Roll Call 82, S 95,03/21/2003; Letter from Edward R. Heath, National Commander, Disabled Veterans of America, 3/17/03]

Funding

Ryan Voted Against Spending an Additional $20 Million to Prevent Suicides by Combat Veterans.

In June 2011, Ryan voted against a motion to recommit the Fiscal 2012 Military Construction-VA Appropriations bill with instructions that it be reported back with an amendment to increase funding for veterans medical services for PTSD and suicide prevention by $20 million.

The funds would advertise suicide-prevention assistance and services for veterans.

The $20 million would be offset by reducing funding for the Department of Veteran Affairs information technology program by $25 million.

The motion to recommit failed, 184 to 234.[ Roll Call 417, H 2055, 06/14/2011;Virginian-Pilot, 6/20/11]

Ryan Opposed New GI Bill.

In 2008, Ryan voted against an amendment that would create an expanded educational benefit for veterans, imposing a surtax on the very wealthy to offset the costs of the new veterans’ program and suspend implementation of seven Bush administration Medicaid regulations.

The amendment appropriated $21.2 billion for domestic programs, military construction and foreign aid programs. It would provide $4.6 billion for military construction and $5.8 billion for levee building in Louisiana. The amendment would provide a permanent expansion of education benefits for post-Sept. 11 veterans, offset with 0.47 percent surtax on modified adjusted gross income above $500,000 per year for individuals and $1 million for couples. It also would temporarily extend unemployment insurance benefits and place a moratorium through March 2009 on seven Medicaid regulations proposed by the administration. It would appropriate $9.9 billion for The State Department, USAID and international food assistance. The amendment passed 256-166[ Roll Call 330, H 2642,05/15/2008;Congressional Quarterly, Congressional Quarterly Weekly, 5/16/08]

Everyone knows we don't have money to pay for any of this stuff.
Actually we do. But we give it to the rich instead, in the form of wealth transferring tax expenditures.

And sucker vets like me have it taken out of our hides.

protectionist President Obama refused this for several years, just as he refused to sign on to making military pay for GI Bill. Do you know what Obama traded for this? No, of course you don't. Just like you didn't know

YOU VOTED FOR THIS.

So quit whining.

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

The fucking GOP wears their flag pins and make emotive speeches about veterans, and then vote to cut our benefits when the rubes aren't paying attention.

Look, man. Trump needs to drop a few more million on a trip to Mar-A-Lago for some golf. We're going to have to take some lunch money from our vets.

This is more true than you realize.

$1.4 trillion in annual tax expenditures, which is a massive transfer of wealth up the income strata.

And they are taking it out of the hides of vets and the poor.

It's quite all right, it will all come trickling back down.

And that is not an end to all pension benefits, but some regarding unemployment for retirement aged veterans.
I'm seeing this as an end to VA pensions (ie. veterans over 65). I see nothing to discount that. However, when I get a chance, I will talk to the VA folks, and get the scoop from them as to what will happen to my pension.

Hopefully, I'll still be able to collect on my VA disability status, but that payment is less money.

If people were actually stripped out of benefits, we wouldn't be hearing the end of it. Now a google search reveals nothing.

As stated, this is very unlikely to be even remotely correct.

Maybe as such a selfish person democrats would be the party to vote for. Basically you were voting for your own benefits paid by other people. All other considerations seem secondary to you. Nice bro...
Selfish? The guy is a disabled veteran as in injured in the line of duty to his country. If anybody should be entitled to benefits it should be disabled veterans. And now fucking stingy republicans want to take away even the paltry benefits veterans paid for in blood? Fuck that shit!

Actually we do. But we give it to the rich instead, in the form of wealth transferring tax expenditures.

Yeah stick it to the rich! Take take take!

Is there anything else you can do? Have you ever heard of... actually productively earning things?

As of right now YOU are the one taking "it" from the tax-payer's hide so you have no moral high ground to speak of any "takers", unless you mean yourself. Which if you do, then I would have to agree, selfish taker...

over 120 trillion and growing, this man's taking.

Last edited:
Look, man. Trump needs to drop a few more million on a trip to Mar-A-Lago for some golf. We're going to have to take some lunch money from our vets.

Military people are used to getting fucked over while on active duty. What's a little more fucking over civilian life? They're tough, they'll get over it.

Yeah stick it to the rich! Take take take!

Is there anything else you can do? Have you ever heard of... actually productively earning things?

As of right now YOU are the one taking "it" from the tax-payers hide so you have no moral high ground to speak of any "takers", unless you mean yourself. Which if you do, then I would have to agree, selfish taker...

over 120 trillion and growing...
This is how I know you are a pseudocon (fake conservative). You support tax expenditures.

Getting rid of tax expenditures is a core conservative principle. You know why? Because if we banned them, we could lower tax rates on EVERYONE, and have money left over to pay down the debt. Without cutting spending on our military or our vets.

Extra bonus: A level playing field. People earning identical incomes would pay identical taxes.

Extra bonus: Instant campaign finance reform because there would be no incentive for a special interest to bribe our Politboro to keep a tax expenditure alive.

Extra bonus: The cost of houses would drop significantly.

But you go right on being wrong...again. I can do this all day.

And that is not an end to all pension benefits, but some regarding unemployment for retirement aged veterans.
I'm seeing this as an end to VA pensions (ie. veterans over 65). I see nothing to discount that. However, when I get a chance, I will talk to the VA folks, and get the scoop from them as to what will happen to my pension.

Hopefully, I'll still be able to collect on my VA disability status, but that payment is less money.

If people were actually stripped out of benefits, we wouldn't be hearing the end of it. Now a google search reveals nothing.

As stated, this is very unlikely to be even remotely correct.

Maybe as such a selfish person democrats would be the party to vote for. Basically you were voting for your own benefits paid by other people. All other considerations seem secondary to you. Nice bro...
Selfish? The guy is a disabled veteran as in injured in the line of duty to his country. If anybody should be entitled to benefits it should be disabled veterans. And now fucking stingy republicans want to take away even the paltry benefits veterans paid for in blood? Fuck that shit!
allegedly.

Forum List

Back