Trump is hemorrhaging older voters

Yep, I'm older, too (70) and I'm voting for Trump again. In fact, I don't know anyone even close to my age that isn't voting for him. In fact, I know lots of older voters who never vote, but will be voting for him this time
Why...he threw you under the bus. The fact that the bus didn't hit you (yet) isn't the point

That's just plain silly. Trump didn't thrown me under the bus.

Anyone with half a brain knows they should stay home if any kind of virus is going around. Everyone else should be out there working and going on with their lives.

This is all about the left wing conspiracy to make Trump look bad.

They throw everything against the wall hoping something sticks. Unfortunately there are some simple minded people falling for the left's lies about Coronavirus.
No conspiracy. No secret. Trump was bad news from his early years. He was a Democrat supporting Democrats most of his life, but when it came to elective office, they wouldn't have him. They knew him. You should have picked someone else. It is out in the open. He has been weighed, measured and found wanting. At the moment he and his ilk want the people over 60 to pay for his next election with our lives, if that is what it will take to get the economy moving quicker. FK trump, he is bad for American and even a traitor to every American in his age group. That is why he is losing support of seniors. Joe Biden will be voted into the Presidency, come November. Get used to it.

You need to lay off the drugs! People over 60 know that their Medicare and Social Security are safe with Trump but don't wan their funds spent on illegals, which is all the Dems are offering.
I don't do drugs. Who mentioned Medicare or Social Security? Safe with trump? One thing I know for sure, if you are dead you do not get to collect either. Take Kentucky for example. 7,935 cases total with the vast majority between the ages of 20 and 59 then the number of cases drops off, but of the 346 deaths (and that is a darn nice job in my book) from Covid-19 in the state of Kentucky, 316 have been people over 60. That is all but 30 of the 346 deaths in the entire state. It is similar all over the country, the young get them most case, but they give it the older generation who do the vast majority of the dying. Trumps theory is we need to get the economy going so everybody needs to get back to work, to support his economy. Fine for the under 60 crowd. It's not killing them much, but they spread it through interactions to mom, dad, grandma and granddad. The governor of that state is not in a big hurry to open up full blast. I think old people dying bothers him. The prevailing attitude of trump people, even on the right wing news stations, websites and this board included is older American should basically suck it up and take one for the gipper. I don't think trump gives a rat's but about older people or his followers would not be following his lead. I'll take my time and take precautions and you won't catch me dead in Georgia and Ohio, Texas, or Florida and I really like Florida. As those and other trump states to go back business as usual while their daily death tolls are appalling.

Hey shit for brains, our governor is a libtard DEMOCRAT. I have to travel for medical care. I just skip eating because my food is not available in many restaurants and those are all closed. The hotel I used for these stays almost went bankrupt. What makes you think I support the closure of the state? It cost my daughter and daughter-in-law their jobs for two months. My coworkers and I have not worked since March 23rd and no indication that will change.
The commonwealth will return to normal, maybe with a lower death toll than most states. Pretty sure if you are still teaching, the fall semester will see you back in the classroom. Hate it for the kids, hopefully their situations will return to normal. Everybody's situations are different. Rushing back full blast is not in my best interest and probably not those of between 30 and 40 percent of Americans, over 60. For many of them, it is not a matter of being laid off, but laid to rest. You sound like an old goat yourself. Unless you need the grind for the insurance, you should consider cutting it loose. Pretty cool what you can find to do when no longer answering the bell of fixing someone else's problems.

I retired as a teacher two years ago, I work as a contractor for the US Army. I am 59 years old.

And how do they know that?

I think Trump's continued bleating about payroll tax cuts (to be permanent, or so he hopes) has seniors worried about Social Security and Medicare. And how they will be paid for.
You are full of shit. Trump wanted to suspend payroll taxes as a stimulus against COVID-19. The word permanent never crossed his lips.
You know that suspending income tax would do nothing to help people who need help. You have 36 million people suddenly with no income, so how would cutting their taxes help anybody.

And those that are working, can't use a tax cut to spur spending, because only essential businesses were open.

This is a classic case of, if all you have is a hammer.
Duh... open the economy and allow them to work. Not an overly complex solution.
They ARE. Wake up and quit bitching.
They are? Not in MA. Know your role and shut your mouth.
You lose.
Reopening Mass.: Read the Full Plan
The report details what can reopen immediately, including manufacturing, construction and places of worship. Retail and office spaces, as well as beaches, parks and some athletic fields will be next to open on May 25.

You stupid idiot. I live Here. Did you read it? Phase 2 at best is 3 weeks away and restaurants and gyms cannot open til Phase 3 so at best in July. And even then at partial capacity. Did you even read the article? You are a typical ignorant leftist who has zero economic acumen and you’re a liar.
Not the whole thing, just the opening lines saying retail, manufacturing are reopening immediately.

If it's not so, why don't you just calmly state the true state of affairs instead of spitting and foaming at the mouth? I definitely don't care enough about another state's reopening details to read 28 pages.
Wrong. Curbside retail only. And the rest closed. Certain construction and manufacturing but no restaurants or gyms until Phase 3. No elective procedures until Phase 2. So you stupidly posted and opined on something when you didn’t read it. Yep, typical uneducated Leftist.
I'm sorry. I've really missed restaurants, too.
We are all sorry because our Governor is a dumbass. All the bartenders, waitstaff, supply chain, chefs, out of work because our Governor is a coward. Sad. Very very sad. And Baker is a Republican but yet somehow still a Leftist loon. Pretty sure if his pay was eliminated he would be opening much more aggressively.

They throw everything against the wall hoping something sticks. Unfortunately there are some simple minded people falling for the left's lies about Coronavirus.
No conspiracy. No secret. Trump was bad news from his early years. He was a Democrat supporting Democrats most of his life, but when it came to elective office, they wouldn't have him. They knew him. You should have picked someone else. It is out in the open. He has been weighed, measured and found wanting. At the moment he and his ilk want the people over 60 to pay for his next election with our lives, if that is what it will take to get the economy moving quicker. FK trump, he is bad for American and even a traitor to every American in his age group. That is why he is losing support of seniors. Joe Biden will be voted into the Presidency, come November. Get used to it.
Ill be voting for Trump. Biden has yet to exit his basement or pick a VP. The only policy of his that you like is that he is not Trump. You’re a troll.
As is your right. You calling me a troll is like the pot calling the kettle black. I will consider it as another example of the over exuberance of youth, kid.
Your only reason to vote for Biden is that he is not Trump. What should I call that? Do tell.

This doesn't pass the smell test. Old voters love Trump. This is what he did in 2016.

---Older voters (ages 65 and older) preferred Trump over Clinton 53%-45%---

Trouble is, he doesn't have a villain to run against. I almost voted for him, knowing he was a lying sleaze. Couple that with the fact that the whole country has heard him speak, tweet, lie, blame others for his problem (things most parents would not put up with from their kids) and now his handling of Covid-19 and uncaring attitude toward 30% plus of America (many of which voted for him, not wanting anything in particular but not wanting to be painted Un-American by the likes of him) which are fed up with his whole $hitshow. This might be what he is seeing in national polling as well as his internal polling that has upset him lately.

Almost all of the deaths from this are elderly and medically compromised people. THOSE are the people who need to be sheltering in place.

Like in nursing homes?

How did that work out?
Instead of emptying out the hospitals, they should have ramped up the isolation in nursing homes. Hindsight, I guess.
Well we now know lockdowns don’t stop it so let’s go to plan B and distance carefully from the frail while building herd immunity

The Boomers were Trump's base in 2016 that ultimately carried him over the edge in the key swing states. If he loses them, it's hard to see how he stands any chance whatsoever in getting reelected. There are simply too many headwinds facing his campaign. This election is looking more like 1932 than 2016.

May 12

You need to lay off the drugs! People over 60 know that their Medicare and Social Security are safe with Trump but don't wan their funds spent on illegals, which is all the Dems are offering.
I don't do drugs. Who mentioned Medicare or Social Security? Safe with trump? One thing I know for sure, if you are dead you do not get to collect either. Take Kentucky for example. 7,935 cases total with the vast majority between the ages of 20 and 59 then the number of cases drops off, but of the 346 deaths (and that is a darn nice job in my book) from Covid-19 in the state of Kentucky, 316 have been people over 60. That is all but 30 of the 346 deaths in the entire state. It is similar all over the country, the young get them most case, but they give it the older generation who do the vast majority of the dying. Trumps theory is we need to get the economy going so everybody needs to get back to work, to support his economy. Fine for the under 60 crowd. It's not killing them much, but they spread it through interactions to mom, dad, grandma and granddad. The governor of that state is not in a big hurry to open up full blast. I think old people dying bothers him. The prevailing attitude of trump people, even on the right wing news stations, websites and this board included is older American should basically suck it up and take one for the gipper. I don't think trump gives a rat's but about older people or his followers would not be following his lead. I'll take my time and take precautions and you won't catch me dead in Georgia and Ohio, Texas, or Florida and I really like Florida. As those and other trump states to go back business as usual while their daily death tolls are appalling.

Hey shit for brains, our governor is a libtard DEMOCRAT. I have to travel for medical care. I just skip eating because my food is not available in many restaurants and those are all closed. The hotel I used for these stays almost went bankrupt. What makes you think I support the closure of the state? It cost my daughter and daughter-in-law their jobs for two months. My coworkers and I have not worked since March 23rd and no indication that will change.
The commonwealth will return to normal, maybe with a lower death toll than most states. Pretty sure if you are still teaching, the fall semester will see you back in the classroom. Hate it for the kids, hopefully their situations will return to normal. Everybody's situations are different. Rushing back full blast is not in my best interest and probably not those of between 30 and 40 percent of Americans, over 60. For many of them, it is not a matter of being laid off, but laid to rest. You sound like an old goat yourself. Unless you need the grind for the insurance, you should consider cutting it loose. Pretty cool what you can find to do when no longer answering the bell of fixing someone else's problems.

I retired as a teacher two years ago, I work as a contractor for the US Army. I am 59 years old.
Go for it. I did a year and a half on contract work for DoD after the branch I worked at for 23 years closed down in the 2008 crash and I did not want to relocate for the company that near retirement, when I could stay here basically debt free without taking a chunk out of 401Ks or what I stablized after the crash. Worked local (but still in my field) just long enough to make 62 and retired, my wife following my lead two years later. We're lovin it. I don't claim to have the right answer for everybody. Everybody needs to do at this age what they think they need to do. cause by now, doing what they needed to do is what got them here. Oh, and if I never told you, I was born and raised in Paducah. I like your state.

Ill be voting for Trump. Biden has yet to exit his basement or pick a VP. The only policy of his that you like is that he is not Trump. You’re a troll.
As is your right. You calling me a troll is like the pot calling the kettle black. I will consider it as another example of the over exuberance of youth, kid.
Your only reason to vote for Biden is that he is not Trump. What should I call that? Do tell.
Voting in my own best interests and as I see the best interests of the country, without as much drama, less antagonism, better foreign policy and hopefully a better relationship between the different branches of government and departments is what I call it. I have learned everything seems to work out if you keep you $hit together, continue to work toward your personal goals and keep your enemies list very short. Worked for me.

Voting in my own best interests and as I see the best interests of the country, without as much drama, less antagonism, better foreign policy and hopefully a better relationship between the different branches of government and departments is what I call it. I have learned everything seems to work out if you keep you $hit together, continue to work toward your personal goals and keep your enemies list very short. Worked for me.
Biden is an awful candidate. Democrat party is idiotic for pushing that loser.

The Boomers were Trump's base in 2016 that ultimately carried him over the edge in the key swing states. If he loses them, it's hard to see how he stands any chance whatsoever in getting reelected. There are simply too many headwinds facing his campaign. This election is looking more like 1932 than 2016.

May 12

But he’s lost support in that age group. Bear in mind he won Pennsylvania and Michigan buy a razor thin margin. He can’t afford to lose anybody

The boomers are the ones cowering in their homes right now, all thanks to Trump's failed pandemic response (which is what happens when you disband your entire pandemic response team).

I asked you to back up your bullshit. You admitted you couldn't

Still waiting for you to post where I admitted that.
Already been covered. Please try to keep up, Simpleton.
Nope you ran away without posting proof of your claim.

You said I admitted it. PROVE IT PUNK.

Or just run away again like you did ever since you started lying about my posts.
You are on TILT again!:abgg2q.jpg:

Too many people believe the lies about Coronavirus.
xlarge
People who bought the atheistic farm complete with fuzzy math, bummer phones, and the "truth is an option" crowd may not value life like Republicans who love and pray for their fellow man and are willing to walk the straight and narrow path fight for the good life of caring and sacrifice to make life good for others, which makes theirs good as well, no matter how awful the bad stuff thrown at them by their lacking adversaries was at the time. God rewards the humble and the lovingkind who give all their heart and mind to others.

I like him, so I'm voting Democrat this time. I'll Go With Joe in 2020! This was a non-paid political message recomending Joe Biden for President in 2020. I personally approve this message.

I like him, so I'm voting Democrat this time. I'll Go With Joe in 2020! This was a non-paid political message recomending Joe Biden for President in 2020. I personally approve this message.
I like Tom Hanks movies. If he runs I ll vote For him...same logic.

Forum List

Back