Trump is hemorrhaging older voters

Despite Trump's missteps, imo he'll still do well in rural Wis Mich and Pa with the older voters. I'm not saying the polls are wrong, but they seem to be national polls. But then again, who knows about Az and Fla. And Ohio

There is around one third of our population who could see trump murder someone on 5th avenue and they wouldn't have a problem with it.

In fact, they have no problem with all the people who have died from the virus and no problem with more dying. One of them actually put up a thread titled something like the people who are dying from the virus are the most unproductive. Using that as an excuse to not shutdown and take steps to stop the virus.

There are a lot of them on this board.

So no doubt those areas you listed will vote for trump. They'll vote for the devil himself if there's an R after his name.

The Boomers were Trump's base in 2016 that ultimately carried him over the edge in the key swing states. If he loses them, it's hard to see how he stands any chance whatsoever in getting reelected. There are simply too many headwinds facing his campaign. This election is looking more like 1932 than 2016.

I agree in principal though it is still early to make any predictions. I think Boomers are increasingly disgusted with Trump, in particular, and Republicans in general. All this talk about the aged population from pols like the Texas Lt. Gov. being expendable is not lost on them. It seems like a common refrain among Republicans when it comes to reopening the economy. That is just part of it though. Even most Boomers can see that Trump is not good or healthy for the nation. Everytime Trump opens his mouth he drives another nail in his coffin, and Trump tends to open his mouth a lot.

The Boomers were Trump's base in 2016 that ultimately carried him over the edge in the key swing states. If he loses them, it's hard to see how he stands any chance whatsoever in getting reelected. There are simply too many headwinds facing his campaign. This election is looking more like 1932 than 2016.

I think the following sign from a trump supporter sums up why old people are leaving trump in droves.

They see that trump and his younger supporters want to kill them with the virus just for money and trump reelection.

They see their friends dying in droves with trump doing nothing to stop it, in fact taking actions that will cause more to die, and worry if they will be next.

View attachment 337822
It is a damn shame some bozo from my own state would hold a sign like that.

It's a damn shame ANYONE from ANYWHERE would hold up a sign like that.

It's way past damn shame to me.

I think it's disgusting.

Yep. Once Trump embraced the "let them die" policy, quite a few Americans realized their interests were no longer represented.

Except that didn't actually happen.

Yep. Once Trump embraced the "let them die" policy, quite a few Americans realized their interests were no longer represented.

One of your more stupid statements.

And that is saying a lot.
In what way(s) is it stupid?
Tell us about his testing, tracing and quarantine plans. Tell us about any plan meant to keep at risk people safe.

2.2 Million were targeted for death.
President Trump has instituted policies that saved 95% of them.
Thank you President Trump

It's about how the government handles the population.

It's about how it allows the health care professionals to treat the disease.
Why look! Everyone of the states that used or contemplated those nursing home orders were among the top hardest hit states in the country.
+ New York MAP »355,0371 in
28,1681 in
Mar. 1
May 17
New York heatmap
+ New Jersey MAP »146,3341 in
10,3561 in
New Jersey heatmap
+ Illinois MAP »94,3621 in
4,1981 in
Illinois heatmap
+ Massachusetts MAP »86,0101 in
5,7971 in
Massachusetts heatmap
+ California MAP »80,3661 in
3,2901 in
California heatmap
+ Pennsylvania MAP »65,7451 in
4,5041 in
Pennsylvania heatmap
– Michigan MAP »51,0541 in
4,8911 in
Michigan heatmap

Think that had anything to do with it? How might it?

One of your more stupid statements.

And that is saying a lot.
In what way(s) is it stupid?
Tell us about his testing, tracing and quarantine plans.

If you missed the post about who is dying where, you see that governors of the N.E. have truly fucked over their constitutents.

So that is why it is stupid.
If you missed the post about who is dying where, you see that governors of the N.E. have truly fucked over their constitutents.

So that is why it is stupid.
That premise is stupid.
The President represents all Americans, dope.
I see you have no answer as to why the federal govt has no plans or materials in place to open safely or to deal with any increase in cases as a result.
IOW....let them die.

Well, you can ignore what does not fit your fairy tale......you lefties are goo that.

And I guess I can see why you would rather Trump lead than Cuomo (he should be going to jail for his ineptitude...and you want to make him president...go figure).

I all the confidence in the world in what I am seeing.

You might need to stay in mommy's basement a few more years.

It all hinges on how the COVID-19 thing pans out.. As we reopen and we protect seniors old Joe doesn't stand a chance. The stock market just took a 1,000 point jump in a day and if it continues and they feel more secure Joe wont have a chance.
I haven't heard the first thing from the right about protecting seniors. I have had people on here attack me because I do not support immediate open full blast across the country, been told to suck it up for the good of the country. I didn't support him before. That was before he and right wingers such a Lara Ingram on Fox determined people over 60 should be a useless minority.
It’s Official: Laura Ingraham Wants Your Grandmother to Die

Except that didn't happen
Every Republican led plan says to Quarantine the Elderly and at risk population ( you know, like we would normally do)
Let the least vulnerable continue to live their lives.

The OP mistakenly believes we Boomers are a monolithic entity that can be swung one way or the other. Facts are that we are the most diverse collection of Americans ever born. Everybody from the campus commie radicals of the 60's who turned into investment bankers after the Vietnam draft ended, to the majority who grew up thinking "Leave it to Beaver" was a pretty good family ideal to follow. Then there were the Veterans, rednecks, black power advocates, bikers, jocks, Playboy readers, etc etc. Trump is a Boomer. He's one of us. We're old enough to remember when this country worked, people worked, nobody locked their doors at night and "we'll leave the porch light on for ya" hospitality. We're not leaving Trump, we're flocking to him, all types, all stripes, because we want the America where you could make your dream come true if you got up and out the door to make it happen. We're not going back to the Jimmy Peanut, Willy the Rapist Clinton, or Barack "yeah, my wife is a guy". Soetoro/Obama/Asshole days of misery and blame games.

Which one?
The one that says there will be 100- 240k dead by the end of summer?
Thats a prediction with a pretty low threshold to meet

I mean the claim that trump is losing key voters based on lib polls

You don't think it's possible that those vulnerable to this virus may feel like they've been thrown under the bus by this admin.?
some might say that

but they were not trump voters in the first place

Well, I'M an older voter (59) and I'm DEFINITELY going to be voting for him in the next election, whenever that DOES take place.

Well, I'M an older voter (59) and I'm DEFINITELY going to be voting for him in the next election, whenever that DOES take place.
AND every one I know that voted for President Trump in 2016 IS planning on voting for him in the next election. NO votes will be lost here in Valparaiso, Indiana.

Elderly people better use common sense in voting. If they kill the golden goose, they will kill themselves. Progs have already noted their intentions to the elderly. They just are not listening.

This report relies on both fivethirtyeight and the NYT.
Are Older Voters Turning Away From Trump?
The NYT piece
Of course the NYT is going to manufacture a poll that makes Trump look bad.

Trump is hemorrhaging older voters

Everytime I read that title on the What's New list, I want to make a joke.

Sounds messy.

There. All done.

Older Americans are very happy with Democrats murdering them. That's what democrats tell themselves. It makes as much sense as telling people that business owners support being driven into bankruptcy by democrat policies.
Democrats murdering them?

Huh?

Trump will definitely lose more older voters when the idiots in the red and purple states stop wearing masks and practicing social distancing...watch the infection rates spike as they are doing in Texas right now!

Older Americans are very happy with Democrats murdering them. That's what democrats tell themselves. It makes as much sense as telling people that business owners support being driven into bankruptcy by democrat policies.
Democrats murdering them?

Huh?

Who's putting the elderly with chicom in to old folks homes.

Forum List

Back