Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

So suddenly who and where do you make this cheap products?

Trump make his products in China. I’m sure you do NOT know that.

It's amazing to me how stupid people ^^^^ depend on old lies. The first caps Trump gave out were made overseas....I was in the wholesale sportswear business for 30 years so pay attention because this is central to the issue. His people looked for and found a US manufacturer who tooled up to produce his caps....they are 100% American made, and well-constructed....not the cheap polyester crap from China we used to sell. I would prefer we tariffed China 25% on everything they try to sell here instead of making a deal. They'll cheat on any deal they make so why bother? Tariffs are easy to collect, can't be dodged, and go directly to the US treasury. That money can then be distributed to those who need to get off the China habit and use US manufacturing. In a year's time, China will give up on us and we'll become self-sufficient like we were for 200 years before the WTO made China into the slave-labor capital of the world.
Tariff the shit out of China goods so we can go back to Made in America.
You realize of course that tariffs are a tax on YOU...right
I'm willing to pay $5,000 for a wide screen tv or go without it in return for knowing people can afford to buy groceries in my neighborhood.

We need to ween ourselves of the cheap goods from China before we get so dependant on them they take over our country without firing a single shot.

Are you going to tell that to poor Americans? Are you going to shut down Walmart, Costco, Pharmacies? Just because how much you adore Trumpy?

Who are you again?

jesus h whats stoppin the chinese from eating the ten percent on their end? apparently according to some reports not much!
if the chinese are covering the ten percent what does it matter if myself or a freight forwarder , a chink warehouse stuffed with chink nationals operating at of redhook ...OR goddamn ford pays the friggin duties...youre still not out the 10% and the consumer feels ungotz

The consumer is already out over a billion dollars over Trump's tariffs on washing machines. Fuck you ignorant asshole.
uh boy and youre very very very upset about because the left cares so much for working families and flyover country
isnt the consumer just an exploited slave for the capitalist running dogs

thats it ? a billion
the consumer only got stuck for a billion
where did this come from ?
The new report showed that customs duties total $41 billion so far this year, up 82% from a year ago, a big increase that reflects the higher tariffs the Trump administration has imposed on China

82% is more than a billion
china and others on our end are eating em
you are a moron :auiqs.jpg:

case closed on both points
Eviscerate the proletariat

If Obama slapped a tax that caused the cost of washing machines to rise 15%, I doubt conservatives would be praising him for taking money out of Americans' pockets.

But when Trump does it, his worshippers run to his defense because he is their orange God.

You do know we have a choice not to buy it right?

Do you? Do you really have a choice?
Can you identify which products you purchase are made in the US and contain not a single component from China.

Uhm now the most expensive one?

Lol

Think potsie think

Trump still thinks you win money when you land on Free Parking in Monopoly.
Technically, money is free to those who print it. The uber rich never pay a dime for all of the agendas. We do. Do you really think all of the TV shills getting paid millions of dollars a year for several hundred thousand people watching their programs are being paid by the ownership? Back in the 1960's with 3 channels on TV you had people earning a few thousand dollars an episode with 30 million people watching the shows.

So suddenly who and where do you make this cheap products?

Trump make his products in China. I’m sure you do NOT know that.

It's amazing to me how stupid people ^^^^ depend on old lies. The first caps Trump gave out were made overseas...
1. I was in the wholesale sportswear business for 30 years so pay attention because this is central to the issue.

2. His people looked for and found a US manufacturer who tooled up to produce his caps....they are 100% American made, and well-constructed....not the cheap polyester crap from China we used to sell.

3. I would prefer we tariffed China 25% on everything they try to sell here instead of making a deal. They'll cheat on any deal they make so why bother? Tariffs are easy to collect, can't be dodged, and go directly to the US treasury. That money can then be distributed to those who need to get off the China habit and use US manufacturing. In a year's time, China will give up on us and we'll become self-sufficient like we were for 200 years before the WTO made China into the slave-labor capital of the world.

I’m in the medical instruments business. About 75% of my consumables are made in China since 1985.

Explain to me what made you think I’m stupid. You are just a Trump licker so no matter what Trump said lying or not you don’t know the differences.

1. You were in the wholesale sale business supporter of trump trade war. When there’s NO single industries or economists or GOPs that supports trump trade wars. If there is one name me one.
Since when buying your products at higher prices is acceptable?

2. Can you elaborate that? As far as we the Americans knew ( except Trumps supporters) his products are made in China or Bangladesh.

3. Right from Trump text book. You don’t know what you are talking about. You are lying. Name me one industries or anybody that supports your claim like I mentioned in my #1. I’ll wait.

Trade war losers are you and me. For ignorant people do not understand that.

Remember prices will increase across the board. Not just commodities but from services, hardwares, insurances softwares, hospitals. ALL THE WAY. WHO PAYS??? You and me.

Do you want me to explain that for you?
You don't think there is a problem with China having that much power over us? They are our enemy why the fuck are we making ourselves so dependant on their cheap shit. You are giving the rapist permission to rape you and then you turn around and defend him in a court of law. We need to rip the bandaid off before it gets worse. We need to cut the bad habit cold turkey and kick em to the curb.

Nah! Wrong again. Name me one any industries that supports you and your lunatic leader about this dumb wrecking ball trade war. Any GOPs. Name me anybody.

Larry Kudlow the White House Trump Economic adviser even disagree with this Moron POTUS. What that tells you?

Larry Kudlow contradicts President Trump on a critical aspect of the trade war - MarketWatch

That’s White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow on Sunday offering a “both sides” take in an interview on Fox News.

He was acknowledging that China, in fact, does not directly pay tariffs on goods coming into the U.S., breaking with President Trump’s insistence that it does.

I agree, and this contradiction is not a rare occurrence for the Trump Administration; today Pompeo warned Russia

[ On Visit To Russia, Pompeo Says 'We Would Not Tolerate' Interference In 2020 Election]

on the same day Trump claimed Russian's interference in our election was a fake thing.

Why does anyone continue to support Trump, when he has proven to be inept, incompetent and cannot learn from experience and mistakes.

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

President Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What a fucking idiot Trump is...he does not even know how a tariff works.

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

What a useless piece of shit he is.
/—-/ The Chinks will be forced to absorb the tariffs or part of them to keep their prices competitive.

Except for the fact that American companies are taking advantage of this and raising their prices as well. The only one paying is the consumer, just like with every other tax. Never seen you faux-Cons so happy about a new tax before. Amazing what you will accept coming from your god in the White House
/—-/ We’re not happy with it.
1. We are happy with a president who is fighting back for a change instead of all the linguini spines politicians who let China rape us.
2. BTW if Hildabeast did the same thing would you be screaming at her?

1. What change? Results of this Trade War is bad for this country. And you are HAPPY? I will charge you far more than 25% on top of my profit. And you are HAPPY? Since when paying more at the counter is acceptable??

2. If Hillary does that. I will attack her just the same as your MORON POTUS.

If this is what you want to discuss, can you find an appropriate topic and discuss it there rather than crapping all over this one with your vile filth?

A) I started this thread. And so long as the mods allow it - I will 'defecate all over it' as much as I wish.
B) I did not start it...Trump did with his 'vile' remarks about his daughter. You knock others for knocking him for it but you don't knock him for making the vile remarks? Why is that?
C) Where is your post declaring your disgust at what he said about his own daughter?

And Trump does not even understand what a tariff is.
He said he would date his own daughter if she wasn't his daughter. There is nothing vile in that statement. That is a proud father talking about the qualities both physical and intellectual in his daughter.
I once said my mother had hot legs when she was in highschool and I'd date her if I was alive back then. Does that mean I want to have sex with my mother, the answer is no.
Ever see where his hands go on ivankas body??and republicans get on bidens case?
Yes and I never seen him do anything wrong with his daughter.
Behind closed doors I wouldn't trust Trump
Because you are biased.

jesus h whats stoppin the chinese from eating the ten percent on their end? apparently according to some reports not much!
if the chinese are covering the ten percent what does it matter if myself or a freight forwarder , a chink warehouse stuffed with chink nationals operating at of redhook ...OR goddamn ford pays the friggin duties...youre still not out the 10% and the consumer feels ungotz

China isn't eating anything, dope.

The 25% import tarriff is applied when the goods come in to the US. China has already sold the goods to some US buyer who has already paid for the shipping to the US and who now must pay an additional 25% to import from China. That additional cost will be passed to consumers through higher prices.

The only way this hurts China is if buyers find cheaper suppliers elsewhere. Not likely.

Yup, most of us understand how tariffs work. And finding cheaper products than the ones from China is difficult. Although what happens when a cheaper product from China costs the same (or close to the same) as a higher quality product from the USA or elsewhere? Chances are the consumer will buy the higher quality product. Which means the US buyer that purchased those Chinese products will have considerably more inventory and less likely to purchase the same volume as he/she has in the past. Thus lower sales. Get it?
Yup, most of us understand how tariffs work. And finding cheaper products than the ones from China is difficult. Although what happens when a cheaper product from China costs the same (or close to the same) as a higher quality product from the USA or elsewhere? Chances are the consumer will buy the higher quality product. Which means the US buyer that purchased those Chinese products will have considerably more inventory and less likely to purchase the same volume as he/she has in the past. Thus lower sales. Get it?

No. I don't "get it". Not at all. That made no sense whatsoever.

By your logic, the economy will do better because we pay more for everything?
people with jobs being able to afford groceries because the price of goods has risen to the point that they make them here instead of there is a good thing. I don't mind paying more for Chinese imports if it means we make them here and pay Americans to make them.

That's what I don't get. Why is it important or necessary to pay more to make things here?

We are at full employment.
To ensure our country exist years down the road we cannot allow ourselves to become dependant on our enemies for goods. Like Germany requires us to protect them from Russia then they turn around and buy all their energy from Russia. Now that is just plain stupid.

You dumb ass butt hurt Tards can’t see the forest for the trees....

We have been getting screwed by China for years....

There will be short term losers in this trade war like any war...

Trump sees and plays for the long game.

In the end we will all benefit from Trumps common sense.

U.S. goods trade deficit with China tumbles to five-year low - Reuters

Any of you dumb ass Tards play poker?

You are on tilt from the historic ass kicking you took in 16....

If Trump came up with a cure for cancer you Tards would

claim he was putting doctors out of business...

You Trump Hating Tards need to honest and objective with yourself.

Tards? Really?
Maybe if you can tell your president to act like one. Maybe you can tell him that there are other Americans that he need to represent. Admiring and promoting people like racist Alex Jones and other hate groups. Maybe if you can tell him stop lying and distort dumb Americans brains.
Will that helps your cause?

Like this Trade War with China. He is lying to his teeth and you don’t even the difference.

Kudlow acknowledges US will pay for China tariffs, contradicting Trump

Kudlow acknowledges US will pay for China tariffs, contradicting Trump.

Is this "winning" ? f**k Trump! Biggest idiot and unfit clown to ever disgrace the White House
This most certainly IS winning:

fredgraph.png

Say "Thank you" to the Chinese for that spike to right in funds flowing into the US Treasury.

safe_image.php

The Chinese Guy doesn't look too happy about it!

$35 extra billion dollars towards a $19.3 TRILLION dollar economy? That is almost nothing.

United States GDP | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News

Hell...that is only 1/25'th of the projected FY 2019 deficit.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts.pdf

Besides, $15 billion of that has already been earmarked just to help farmers...so there goes about 1/2 of it already.

Trump's new plan to aid American farmers faces many hurdles, says ex-USDA chief

And BTW, ALL the money from the Chinese import Tariffs comes from American companies who pass then on to the American taxpayers. So that is just money taken from US consumers and given to the government...so it's no windfall.

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.
True, but, if consumer prices aren't rising for US Consumers, US Consumers aren't paying them, not that I would mind paying a little bit more to help my neighbors job and to ensure that what I'm using is being produced in an environmentally friendly manner and not going to a competitive nation that plans to build a military that can dominate ours.

But, the data is irrefutable, consumer prices are well below the Fed's 2% target.
US Consumers aren't paying them,

Then who is?
That's the question. There are only 3 entities in the equation, foreign suppliers, importers and customers. If customers were paying, we would be seeing unusual consumer price increases, and we aren't, in fact, we are seeing price increases below the Fed's 2% target. If I'm an importer, and it costs me a dime to use a particular foreign supplier, I'm going to ask them to cut their price by a dime, and they either will or risk losing market share. So a dime worked fine, now we are going to go with a quarter, and remember, this is largely because China would not make solid verifiable commitments to quit stealing our technology, so we will see what they think of a quarter, we might be surprised to learn that their margins are high enough that they will take the 25% tariffs over ending the theft of our technology.
...Why would China pay a tax on imports to the US?...
If paying the cost of the tariff is what it takes to export to the US then they have decide how much it is worth to them to be able to service US customers.
...China isn't importing goods....
Sure they are and they tariff ALL of them, Trump has slapped tariffs on about 37% of theirs and you'd think the roof just fell in with all the Left, Anti-Trumpers and Fake News Folks cackling about like rousted chickens.
... The US buyers of those goods are importing them.
This is known.

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

/—-/ The Chinks will be forced to absorb the tariffs or part of them to keep their prices competitive.

Except for the fact that American companies are taking advantage of this and raising their prices as well. The only one paying is the consumer, just like with every other tax. Never seen you faux-Cons so happy about a new tax before. Amazing what you will accept coming from your god in the White House
1. We are happy with a president who is fighting back for a change instead of all the linguini spines politicians who let China rape us.

1. What change? Results of this Trade War is bad for this country. And you are HAPPY? I will charge you far more than 25% on top of my profit. And you are HAPPY? Since when paying more at the counter is acceptable??

/—-/ You’re too blinded by hatred to see the end results.

You dumb ass butt hurt Tards can’t see the forest for the trees....

We have been getting screwed by China for years....

There will be short term losers in this trade war like any war...

Trump sees and plays for the long game.

In the end we will all benefit from Trumps common sense.

U.S. goods trade deficit with China tumbles to five-year low - Reuters

Any of you dumb ass Tards play poker?

You are on tilt from the historic ass kicking you took in 16....

If Trump came up with a cure for cancer you Tards would

claim he was putting doctors out of business...

You Trump Hating Tards need to honest and objective with yourself.

Tards? Really?
Maybe if you can tell your president to act like one. Maybe you can tell him that there are other Americans that he need to represent. Admiring and promoting people like racist Alex Jones and other hate groups. Maybe if you can tell him stop lying and distort dumb Americans brains.
Will that helps your cause?

Like this Trade War with China. He is lying to his teeth and you don’t even the difference.

Kudlow acknowledges US will pay for China tariffs, contradicting Trump

Kudlow acknowledges US will pay for China tariffs, contradicting Trump.
Kudlow always disagrees with Trump until Trump is proven right.

Well thanks but Trump is the one that started ALL of that talk:

His attitude towards Ivanka is absolutely disgusting. And his 'Christian' Trumpbots rarely - IF EVER - say anything bad about it. And they should.

So since they won't - I will.

If this is what you want to discuss, can you find an appropriate topic and discuss it there rather than crapping all over this one with your vile filth?

A) I started this thread. And so long as the mods allow it - I will 'defecate all over it' as much as I wish.
B) I did not start it...Trump did with his 'vile' remarks about his daughter. You knock others for knocking him for it but you don't knock him for making the vile remarks? Why is that?
C) Where is your post declaring your disgust at what he said about his own daughter?

He said he would date his own daughter if she wasn't his daughter. There is nothing vile in that statement. That is a proud father talking about the qualities both physical and intellectual in his daughter.
I once said my mother had hot legs when she was in highschool and I'd date her if I was alive back then. Does that mean I want to have sex with my mother, the answer is no.

Ever see where his hands go on ivankas body??and republicans get on bidens case?

Really.

Biden plays 'creepy uncle' in public...yet Trump openly wants to date/fuck his own daughter.

The two are not even in the same galaxy on the creepy scale.

You are unbelievably vulgar. You are going to be so much happier once you get your twisted psychy unkinked, you have a very bright future ahead of you!

Really.

Biden plays 'creepy uncle' in public...yet Trump openly wants to date/fuck his own daughter.

The two are not even in the same galaxy on the creepy scale.
You are unbelievably vulgar. You are going to be so much happier once you get your twisted psychy unkinked, you have a very bright future ahead of you!
The Trump haters make Trump sound poetic.

DUMBASS Kudlow was on Fuax Nuwz with Chris Wallace this morning & Wallace put Kudlow in an uncomfortable position by posing a question; Kudlow ADMITTED that the China tariffs would be paid by consumers.

Fucking DUH .............

Current tariffs are calculated to cost the average household ~$769 a year, an employment decrease in the US of over 1 million jobs, and a GDP loss of ~0.5%

The implied 25% tariffs are calculated to cost the average household OVER $2K a year, an employment decrease in the US of over 2 million jobs, and a GDP loss of over 1.0%

Kudlow disagreed & stated the numbers would not be so impactful. LOFL .............

I also heard Mexico is paying for some fucking wall ............ :abgg2q.jpg:

Is that mean China is paying for the tariff or American importer? Is that mean Kudlow is lying like Trump?

What made you think think it will only cost you let say $800/ year? If you own a shop or any business. You go out and buy your supplies and services. Let say car repair, beauty shop or restaurants. Every thing went up because of your moron. You can screw whatever statistic you want American consumers are SCREWED. Prices will increase across the board. It’s a simple arithmetic.

To cover his screw up:
1. He is willing to give another $15b welfare for the farmers to offset the losses from his policy.
2. US government will buy American crops and donate to poor countries.

Do you honestly believe your dude know what he is doing? To us this is totally out of control a total discombobulated administration.

President Trump Says U.S. Will Buy American Farmers' Crops to Offset China Trade Losses

President Trump Says U.S. Will Buy American Farmers' Crops to Offset China Trade Losses

What I will never understand is Trump can lie right to their faces time and time again and not only do they not dispute him they agree

Agree. I am very sad to see and hear that. Outside of this site is the same. But at least lots of them are cracking because of never ending lies. Or his support like infowars and other hate groups etc etc. I debate lots of them. Most of these are just PURE IGNORANT because of Trump blonde hair or Kardashians fan.

Sometimes it’s very funny and you cannot believe how dumb and ignorant debating these people. One occasion Trump tweeted ( originated from Infowars) that Obama erected 10 foot wall for his mansion in DC to stop illegals coming in. Lots of them believe that.

TRUMP is doing fine , lets see what happens . Maybe 'chinese' made beach flip flops will double in price but that's life I guess Charwin and MCRocket .

/—-/ You’re too blinded by hatred to see the end results.

We already knew the results of this Trade War except Trump followers.

What part you don’t want to understand about trade war?

What end results are you expecting from your leader Trade War policy?

people with jobs being able to afford groceries because the price of goods has risen to the point that they make them here instead of there is a good thing. I don't mind paying more for Chinese imports if it means we make them here and pay Americans to make them.

That's what I don't get. Why is it important or necessary to pay more to make things here?

We are at full employment.

Really!? How about a higher labor rate and higher quality product.
Neither require the current actions to acheive. There are plenty of available jobs.
Cmon dood, try some common sense. The Chinese factory worker makes about $3.60/hour, compared to a factory working in the U.S. making about $22.00/hour.

So what?
What's your point, dood?

No kidding...so what? Do you have any business experience? Ever had a fricken job that lasted longer than 3 weeks?

Forum List

Back