🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

The consumer is already out over a billion dollars over Trump's tariffs on washing machines. Fuck you ignorant asshole.
uh boy and youre very very very upset about because the left cares so much for working families and flyover country
isnt the consumer just an exploited slave for the capitalist running dogs

thats it ? a billion
the consumer only got stuck for a billion
where did this come from ?
The new report showed that customs duties total $41 billion so far this year, up 82% from a year ago, a big increase that reflects the higher tariffs the Trump administration has imposed on China

82% is more than a billion
china and others on our end are eating em
you are a moron :auiqs.jpg:

case closed on both points
Eviscerate the proletariat

If Obama slapped a tax that caused the cost of washing machines to rise 15%, I doubt conservatives would be praising him for taking money out of Americans' pockets.

But when Trump does it, his worshippers run to his defense because he is their orange God.

You do know we have a choice not to buy it right?

Do you? Do you really have a choice?
Can you identify which products you purchase are made in the US and contain not a single component from China.

Uhm now the most expensive one?

Lol

Think potsie think

Derp....

I didn't think so.

China isn't eating anything, dope.

The 25% import tarriff is applied when the goods come in to the US. China has already sold the goods to some US buyer who has already paid for the shipping to the US and who now must pay an additional 25% to import from China. That additional cost will be passed to consumers through higher prices.

The only way this hurts China is if buyers find cheaper suppliers elsewhere. Not likely.

Yup, most of us understand how tariffs work. And finding cheaper products than the ones from China is difficult. Although what happens when a cheaper product from China costs the same (or close to the same) as a higher quality product from the USA or elsewhere? Chances are the consumer will buy the higher quality product. Which means the US buyer that purchased those Chinese products will have considerably more inventory and less likely to purchase the same volume as he/she has in the past. Thus lower sales. Get it?
Yup, most of us understand how tariffs work. And finding cheaper products than the ones from China is difficult. Although what happens when a cheaper product from China costs the same (or close to the same) as a higher quality product from the USA or elsewhere? Chances are the consumer will buy the higher quality product. Which means the US buyer that purchased those Chinese products will have considerably more inventory and less likely to purchase the same volume as he/she has in the past. Thus lower sales. Get it?

No. I don't "get it". Not at all. That made no sense whatsoever.

By your logic, the economy will do better because we pay more for everything?
people with jobs being able to afford groceries because the price of goods has risen to the point that they make them here instead of there is a good thing. I don't mind paying more for Chinese imports if it means we make them here and pay Americans to make them.

That's what I don't get. Why is it important or necessary to pay more to make things here?

We are at full employment.
To ensure our country exist years down the road we cannot allow ourselves to become dependant on our enemies for goods. Like Germany requires us to protect them from Russia then they turn around and buy all their energy from Russia. Now that is just plain stupid.

Umm.....they aren't enemies when our economic interests are co-dependent. The new mutually assured destruction.

uh boy and youre very very very upset about because the left cares so much for working families and flyover country
isnt the consumer just an exploited slave for the capitalist running dogs

thats it ? a billion
the consumer only got stuck for a billion
where did this come from ?
82% is more than a billion
china and others on our end are eating em
you are a moron :auiqs.jpg:

case closed on both points
Eviscerate the proletariat

If Obama slapped a tax that caused the cost of washing machines to rise 15%, I doubt conservatives would be praising him for taking money out of Americans' pockets.

But when Trump does it, his worshippers run to his defense because he is their orange God.

Can you identify which products you purchase are made in the US and contain not a single component from China.

Lol

Think potsie think

Derp....

I didn't think so.

translation~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just smoke your ass

lololololo

This most certainly IS winning:

fredgraph.png

Say "Thank you" to the Chinese for that spike to right in funds flowing into the US Treasury.

safe_image.php

The Chinese Guy doesn't look too happy about it!

$35 extra billion dollars towards a $19.3 TRILLION dollar economy? That is almost nothing.

United States GDP | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News

Hell...that is only 1/25'th of the projected FY 2019 deficit.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts.pdf

Besides, $15 billion of that has already been earmarked just to help farmers...so there goes about 1/2 of it already.

Trump's new plan to aid American farmers faces many hurdles, says ex-USDA chief

And BTW, ALL the money from the Chinese import Tariffs comes from American companies who pass then on to the American taxpayers. So that is just money taken from US consumers and given to the government...so it's no windfall.

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.
True, but, if consumer prices aren't rising for US Consumers, US Consumers aren't paying them, not that I would mind paying a little bit more to help my neighbors job and to ensure that what I'm using is being produced in an environmentally friendly manner and not going to a competitive nation that plans to build a military that can dominate ours.

But, the data is irrefutable, consumer prices are well below the Fed's 2% target.
US Consumers aren't paying them,

Then who is?
That's the question. There are only 3 entities in the equation, foreign suppliers, importers and customers. If customers were paying, we would be seeing unusual consumer price increases, and we aren't, in fact, we are seeing price increases below the Fed's 2% target. If I'm an importer, and it costs me a dime to use a particular foreign supplier, I'm going to ask them to cut their price by a dime, and they either will or risk losing market share. So a dime worked fine, now we are going to go with a quarter, and remember, this is largely because China would not make solid verifiable commitments to quit stealing our technology, so we will see what they think of a quarter, we might be surprised to learn that their margins are high enough that they will take the 25% tariffs over ending the theft of our technology.
...Why would China pay a tax on imports to the US?...
If paying the cost of the tariff is what it takes to export to the US then they have decide how much it is worth to them to be able to service US customers.
...China isn't importing goods....
Sure they are and they tariff ALL of them, Trump has slapped tariffs on about 37% of theirs and you'd think the roof just fell in with all the Left, Anti-Trumpers and Fake News Folks cackling about like rousted chickens.
... The US buyers of those goods are importing them.
This is known.
That's the question. There are only 3 entities in the equation, foreign suppliers, importers and customers.

No. There's no ambiguity at all. It's an import tax.
There's only one party in that equation. The American buyer who is importing Chinese products.

The Chinese aren't importing anything. It's not their tax or their president imposing it. Their contract surely does not require them to eat shit upon Trump's request.

So, when Walmart gets hit with that 25%, who do you imagine eats that cost? The consumer of course.

That's what I don't get. Why is it important or necessary to pay more to make things here?

We are at full employment.

Really!? How about a higher labor rate and higher quality product.
Neither require the current actions to acheive. There are plenty of available jobs.
Cmon dood, try some common sense. The Chinese factory worker makes about $3.60/hour, compared to a factory working in the U.S. making about $22.00/hour.

So what?
What's your point, dood?

No kidding...so what? Do you have any business experience? Ever had a fricken job that lasted longer than 3 weeks?

No point?
That's what I thought.

Lol

Think potsie think

Derp....

I didn't think so.

I just smoke your ass

lololololo

Good job, loser. :thup:

Really!? How about a higher labor rate and higher quality product.
Neither require the current actions to acheive. There are plenty of available jobs.
Cmon dood, try some common sense. The Chinese factory worker makes about $3.60/hour, compared to a factory working in the U.S. making about $22.00/hour.

So what?
What's your point, dood?

No kidding...so what? Do you have any business experience? Ever had a fricken job that lasted longer than 3 weeks?

No point?
That's what I thought.

Good one...you thought. There's a first time for everything.

And it costing us big time!

Trump's Trade War Cost U.S. More Than $3 Billion A Month, Economists Say | HuffPost

Trump's Tariffs Are Screwing Farmers. Many Still Won't Blame Him. | HuffPost

And doesn't understand trade deficits either. The fact the we importing more than we're exporting does not mean that we are loosing the difference.

Fact check: Is Trump right that the U.S. loses $500 billion in trade to China?

the huffing post is not really a legitimate source of any kind....
even legitimate business press a lot were screaming it the end of the world ......again !
its almost a repeat of the same shit as last year
believe me ive seen em ,,,i mentioned it a day or two ago

dont worry bout little bloody noses or hysterical propaganda ...
The Huff Post is not a legitimate source? Seriously.? Can you refute the figures reported? What about the link to CBS? Where do you get your news? Alex Jones?

I didn’t see or link your articles. If your link is to Huffington post, I lump them into extreme site such as mother jones or breibart, I just don’t trust them.

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

President Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What a fucking idiot Trump is...he does not even know how a tariff works.

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

What a useless piece of shit he is.
Yea but the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I may not be a trump supporter but the one thing I believe is that he doesn’t like China.

I hope he makes China play more fair. And maybe tariffs will bring jobs back home. I’ll pay more for American made

Lol

Think potsie think

Derp....

I didn't think so.

I just smoke your ass

lololololo

Good job, loser. :thup:

lets recap shall we?

1. Trump raised tariffs on china mens goods...

2. You asked me how would I know what would be china mens goods...…..

3. My answer is easy, they would cost more...…..

4. You mad because I burned the shit out of you by saying that,.....

hahahhahahahhahaa

True, Trump is wrong about the tariffs; he needs more products put on the list, and they need to be higher.

Democrat leaders will now be exposed with working with China to weaken America

Is it true the idiot fringe has revoked your membership card? It seems you are too far out touch with reality, even the Flat Earth Members voted to dismiss you. Sad.

The founders were not loons like the democrat liberals

The founders knew history and what works and what don't work

So you don't worry at all about all the farmers that are getting screwed thanks to Trump's protectionism? So noted.

How do you note that when I actually said the OPPOSITE, dough boy?? I said the farmers were taken care of and Trump's own guy Kudlow said they would be taken care of here. Another slip and prat fall on your face again. Watch out for those intellectual banana peels.

pretend you know how a tariff works then stfu ..

Tariffs protected this nations advantage of inventions

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

President Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What a fucking idiot Trump is...he does not even know how a tariff works.

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

What a useless piece of shit he is.
DUMBASS Kudlow was on Fuax Nuwz with Chris Wallace this morning & Wallace put Kudlow in an uncomfortable position by posing a question; Kudlow ADMITTED that the China tariffs would be paid by consumers.

Fucking DUH .............

Current tariffs are calculated to cost the average household ~$769 a year, an employment decrease in the US of over 1 million jobs, and a GDP loss of ~0.5%

The implied 25% tariffs are calculated to cost the average household OVER $2K a year, an employment decrease in the US of over 2 million jobs, and a GDP loss of over 1.0%

Kudlow disagreed & stated the numbers would not be so impactful. LOFL .............
I also heard Mexico is paying for some fucking wall ............ :abgg2q.jpg:
Is that mean China is paying for the tariff or American importer?
It's one or the other, because their is no indication that US Consumers are seeing any unusual price increases on goods.
... American consumers are SCREWED. Prices will increase across the board. It’s a simple arithmetic....
No it isn't. First, there is no evidence that Consumers are paying higher prices, in fact, price pressure is so non-existant, that calls are staring to mount for the Fed to stimulate.

U.S. CPI Inflation Still Modest, Below Fed Targets | Seeking Alpha

Federal Reserve manipulates interest rates to target the inflation rate.

Current inflation is below their target, thus no rate rises.

However, why is it below target? Perhaps the Fed should be stimulating to bring it up?
Consumer Price Index Summary

The index for all items less food and energy increased 0.1 percent for the third consecutive month.​

That's pretty close to nothing.

Core PCE is well below the Fed target.​

In discussing inflation, Fed Chairman Jerome Powell cited “transitory” factors to explain the below-target inflation and the deceleration in inflation. Some of the recent weakening in inflation is transitory.​

Your claim that Tariffs are causing price inflation for US consumers simply has no supporting evidence, and the extremely calm inflation picture undercuts your point.

So, are our importers paying it? Well, lets look at the Producers Price index for our Trade Industries:

fredgraph.png

That's down too. So, Trump could easily be right that China's compressing their margins to cover the tariffs.
...US government will buy American crops and donate to poor countries....
So what? He directs Chinese money to farmers and donates the food to poor and you have a cow?

Trump has caused chaos in the global markets. we better get a Democrat in that White House sooner than later & preferably tomorrow morning to stop another financial crisis!

$35 extra billion dollars towards a $19.3 TRILLION dollar economy? That is almost nothing.

United States GDP | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News

Hell...that is only 1/25'th of the projected FY 2019 deficit.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts.pdf

Besides, $15 billion of that has already been earmarked just to help farmers...so there goes about 1/2 of it already.

Trump's new plan to aid American farmers faces many hurdles, says ex-USDA chief

And BTW, ALL the money from the Chinese import Tariffs comes from American companies who pass then on to the American taxpayers. So that is just money taken from US consumers and given to the government...so it's no windfall.

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.
True, but, if consumer prices aren't rising for US Consumers, US Consumers aren't paying them, not that I would mind paying a little bit more to help my neighbors job and to ensure that what I'm using is being produced in an environmentally friendly manner and not going to a competitive nation that plans to build a military that can dominate ours.

But, the data is irrefutable, consumer prices are well below the Fed's 2% target.
US Consumers aren't paying them,

Then who is?
That's the question. There are only 3 entities in the equation, foreign suppliers, importers and customers. If customers were paying, we would be seeing unusual consumer price increases, and we aren't, in fact, we are seeing price increases below the Fed's 2% target. If I'm an importer, and it costs me a dime to use a particular foreign supplier, I'm going to ask them to cut their price by a dime, and they either will or risk losing market share. So a dime worked fine, now we are going to go with a quarter, and remember, this is largely because China would not make solid verifiable commitments to quit stealing our technology, so we will see what they think of a quarter, we might be surprised to learn that their margins are high enough that they will take the 25% tariffs over ending the theft of our technology.
...Why would China pay a tax on imports to the US?...
If paying the cost of the tariff is what it takes to export to the US then they have decide how much it is worth to them to be able to service US customers.
...China isn't importing goods....
Sure they are and they tariff ALL of them, Trump has slapped tariffs on about 37% of theirs and you'd think the roof just fell in with all the Left, Anti-Trumpers and Fake News Folks cackling about like rousted chickens.
... The US buyers of those goods are importing them.
This is known.
That's the question. There are only 3 entities in the equation, foreign suppliers, importers and customers.

No. There's no ambiguity at all. It's an import tax.
There's only one party in that equation. The American buyer who is importing Chinese products...
You seem to think there is only one possible answer, and yet there at least two possible answers, so you have to look at the evidence for each.

If I want to sell you something and a fee is put on the sale:

i) I add the fee to the price and you purchase it.
ii) I discount the price by the amount of the fee and you purchase it.​

Do you see that both i) and ii) are BOTH possible outcomes?

You are one dumb dick brain Tard...

The trend on your government CHART shows our

trade imbalance continually going up since 1985....

We import more than we export....

Cheap Goods Dumb Ass.............

Trump is trying to level the playing field as far as tariffs go...

And again you duck the simple question.

I will ask again:

The first two years of Trumps 'Presidency' have seen the the 2 highest Goods trade deficit years with China in U.S. history?

True or false?

What does that have to do with tariffs?

Other than the Fact China has been Screwing us for Years

and President Donald J. Trump is trying to fix it.

It’s simple Dick Brain...

China Taxes our goods more than we tax theirs.....

There will always be a trade imbalance between us because of

our workers’ wages....Their goods are cheaper than ours...

What is your point on the imbalance dumb ass?
LOL...typical uneducated, Trumpbot reply. No facts...all anger, rage and hype. And they don't have the guts to answer questions that put their messiah in a bad light.

The 'chart' is the official government source for all trade numbers...you ignorant hick.

And again you ducked the simple question. Trump promised to lower the trade deficit.
'In a 2016 campaign speech in Pennsylvania, Trump called the trade deficit a “politician-made disaster” and promised swift change. “We can turn it all around — and we can turn it around fast,” he said.'
Trump promised to shrink the U.S. trade deficit. Instead, it exploded to a record level.

He has done the opposite.

I will ask again:

The first two years of Trumps 'Presidency' have seen the the 2 highest Goods trade deficit years with China in U.S. history?

True or false?

Foreign Trade - U.S. Trade with China

OH - and btw - Obama's last year in office, the trade deficit went down from the previous year. Just sayin'.

You are an idiot and your reading comprehension sucks....

People have more money to spend with Trump than they

did under obozo....

Americas are buying more of everything under Trump..

You see Trump is a business man and obozo was a community

organizer elected because of the color of his skin.....

What did obozo do to bring the trade deficit with China down other

than Flucking the middle class?

Answer me that Tard...

No idea - I did not vote for Obama (or for the Rep candidates) and thought he (and GWB) did a lousy job as POTUS. I have told you this numerous times and you appear FAR too stupid to remember this simple fact.

Now answer mine - if you have the guts to (which, so far, you haven't)? And I will not answer another question of yours in this thread until you do.

And again you ducked the simple question. Trump promised to lower the trade deficit.
'In a 2016 campaign speech in Pennsylvania, Trump called the trade deficit a “politician-made disaster” and promised swift change. “We can turn it all around — and we can turn it around fast,” he said.'
Trump promised to shrink the U.S. trade deficit. Instead, it exploded to a record level.

He has done the opposite.

I will ask again:

True or false?

Foreign Trade - U.S. Trade with China

Note: watch folks how this Trumpbot probably - yet again - flails around desperately avoiding answering this INCREDIBLY simple question.
He asks me a question...answer it right away. But him...he is too afwaid of Twump wooking bad.

True Dumb Ass....

Like I said your reading comprehension Sucks.

With Trumps Red Hot economy individuals and businesses

are buying more of everything.....

Trumps tariffs have single handedly saved the US steel Industry

which is key to our safety and prosperity..

The trade imbalance with China has consistently gone up

since 1985 per your government chart.

Again what’s your flucking point?

You’re just Butt Hurt because Trump has made a fool of you and yours.

Name something you Tards have done to rectify the China situation....

I still say you would Kiss obama’s ass if you had a chance......

PS, don’t forget about our bet dip shit...….

Forum List

Back