Trump & Jerusalem: Why is this necessary?

You don't do the right thing because it is easy

You do the right thing because it is the right thing to do

This has been promised to jews for a long time and Trump is the first POTUS with the balls to do it.
Funny how most other leaders, former Presidents, Most experts think it is a stupid thing to do.

But when you elect a uninformed know-it-all that thinks he knows more, you get stupids assine decisions like this one.

You confuse courage with stupidity.

When it's all said and done, we just pissed off over a million muslims. It will invite violent blowback. And I think this is likely the purpose behind it.

Don't forget Turkey is right in the middle of it demographically.
A million Muslims is nothing compared to the 1.2 billion of them.

Everything pisses off Muslims anyway.

So, if someone came & took your property & gave it to someone else, you'd be happy.

Good to know.

When it's all said and done, we just pissed off over a million muslims. It will invite violent blowback. And I think this is likely the purpose behind it.

So, if someone came & took your property & gave it to someone else, you'd be happy.

Good to know.
Jerusalem is Muslim property? There have been Christians and Jews there from time immemorial. Islam did not begin till about 600 AD. How does that work?

I should post this in the CDZ, but what the hell, I'm here now.

Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital

With everything else going on right now, why is this necessary?

What is the NET - and I mean, above and beyond the anger this is stirring - positive of this move?
Probably to prove what a master of communication Kushner is and how he'll make peace with the Palestinians, as was promised before the elections (lulz).

What, precisely (especially for the America-firsters), does the U.S gain by this action?
America first has nothing to do with candidate campaign promises (and there are other promises that have fallen by the wayside). America first should mean the interests and safety of the country and its citizens be the primary concern, not pleasing some theoretical, small constituency, and certainly not foreigners.
What do 'we' get out of this? What makes this a 'good deal'?

Probably to prove what a master of communication Kushner is and how he'll make peace with the Palestinians, as was promised before the elections (lulz).
This far into the thread, I can't tell if it's just a cynical political tactic designed to keep the base fired up by flipping the Arabs the bird, or if Trump really thinks that this will somehow shake things up so much that it would it some way help the peace process.

Still a little tough to get my head around the latter theory.

What, precisely (especially for the America-firsters), does the U.S gain by this action?
America first has nothing to do with candidate campaign promises (and there are other promises that have fallen by the wayside). America first should mean the interests and safety of the country and its citizens be the primary concern, not pleasing some theoretical, small constituency, and certainly not foreigners.
What do 'we' get out of this? What makes this a 'good deal'?
We get a chip. It's a very long game.

This far into the thread, I can't tell if it's just a cynical political tactic designed to keep the base fired up by flipping the Arabs the bird, or if Trump really thinks that this will somehow shake things up so much that it would it some way help the peace process.

I was being sarcastic though.

It's the former theory you mentioned, which should also focus attention away from Mueller.

Trump doesn't do things because he gets stuff in return. He has everything he wants. He made his fortune before he entered politics. Not after.
Does he have peace in the Middle East? Did he get a concession from Israel that would move the peace process forward?

Why would he? What does that have to do with anything? Did you not hear or read his speech? He addresses that. I suggest you do so now.

Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is the last worry on muslim countries' minds
it's not that big of a deal

Good to know.
Jerusalem is Muslim property? There have been Christians and Jews there from time immemorial. Islam did not begin till about 600 AD. How does that work?

So Miami belongs to the Native Americans and Spain?

Maybe we should take your property & give it to a Native American family.

Donald Trump has no clue about the Midle East.

But hey, he is smarter than most Middle East experts, he is smarter than Obama & all the political science experts under his administration. He is smarter than George W Bush & all the political scientists in his administration. He is smarter than Bill Clinton & all the political scientists in his administration .

Trump made a stupid campaign promise & God Damn it, he is going to keep it regardless how many people die & how is disrpts the peace process, how mush it pisses off our allies.

And the Trumpettes are sofa king stupid, they cheer.

Trump doesn't do things because he gets stuff in return. He has everything he wants. He made his fortune before he entered politics. Not after.
Does he have peace in the Middle East? Did he get a concession from Israel that would move the peace process forward?

Why would he? What does that have to do with anything? Did you not hear or read his speech? He addresses that. I suggest you do so now.
Why would he want peace in the Middle East???? Nothing in his speech addressed a next step in the process, it was his same old "believe me" crap.

Good to know.

So do we give Jerusalem to the Israelites, the Philistines, the Ottomans, the Palestinians or the Brits?

Good to know.

So do we give Jerusalem to the Israelites, the Philistines, the Ottomans, the Palestinians or the Brits?
Who was there hen the land was taken after WWII? Not the Jews.

Exactly how much progress is being made otherwise....pretty simple might light fire under their ass before he does something else they don't like......

Good to know.

Who was there hen the land was taken after WWII? Not the Jews.

Right, just a bunch of people complicit in genocide of Jews. Sucks to be on the losing side, eh?

Forum List

Back