Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

What is going to happen as soon as Trumps mandate goes into effect is a far left speaker who wants to talk about abortion rights will apply to speak at Liberty University

Then Trump will be forced to show how sincere he is about freedom of speech

I doubt like hell Liberty University is engaged in any Federally funded research programs.
Are you being a clueless pure dumbass again?

Guess Trump gets to decide what speech he will protect

He didn’t protect free speech in the NFL

Disrespecting the US flag and National Anthem isn't free speech, its an insult to those who died in-service to the country.
It has nothing to do with BLM.
Neither is antifa rioting "free speech"
Nor is hitting conservatives with pies "free speech"
Nor is indoctrinating college kids into liberalism using grades as leverage "free speech"
Why do you have a problem presenting both liberalism and conservatism fairly, since tax dollars are involved?

when you salute the flag,you are saluting the CIA and our corrupt government who is out to kiss us all.:abgg2q.jpg:

I tip my hat off the NFL players who kneel.i ALWAYS leave to go to the restroom when they play the national anthem,i am not about to salute our corrupt government and CIA that starts wars around the world.LAND OF THE FREE? Uh this is no free country,its th eland of the OPPRESSED.

From that dumbass statement I can tell that you've never served your country.
Saluting the flag has not one damn thing to do with the CIA but everything to do with the constitution, our history and all of those who've sacrificed and given their all to keep this nation free.
Maybe if you had served you would'nt be so damned clueless and stupid today.

Duckworth on NFL anthem policy: I fought to defend right to take a knee in protest
every soldier did. so what again. no one is saying they don't have the right to take a knee. As always, your poop between the ears is affecting your thought process.

The argument was that if you had served you would never defend those who kneel. Not true.

then why do the presidents use them? obammy used it way more than trump. fk dude, he got the DACA thing on an EO. That's still active and held up by federal judges. me thinks you are mistaken.

I have condemned Obama over and over for doing DACA as an EO. Yes it was the action of a lazy worthless president unwilling to actually stand behind his promises.

Obama Broke His Promise to Latinos
yep so? it still is law. an EO. so, your initial point was stupid. My post again proves I have the facts and you got shit still.

Laws can't be simply ignored. The next president can simply ignore an EO. It's not law, it's tied up in the courts. It shouldn't be.
then why can't trump stop the DACA EO?

The courts have wrong stepped in. In this case it wouldn't have really mattered as Trump wouldn't have actually done anything. But in the end, it's still in the courts which is kinda my point. Even if Trump tried to enforce this it will be tied up in the courts until after he is gone.

EO's are not about doing the right thing. EO's are about dividing.
BTW, I agree, I don't like EOs at all. but, and I use this gracefully, when the congress refuses to work with a president, the president has no other options to act for the majority of citizens. Get the swamp cleaned out and eliminate the EOs. it's really that simple. get the legislators to do their jobs. impeach, impeach. The same was true for obammy. i didn't like that either.

What is going to happen as soon as Trumps mandate goes into effect is a far left speaker who wants to talk about abortion rights will apply to speak at Liberty University

Then they will "explain" that their RELIGIOUS BELIEFS "trump" our RATIONAL beliefs.

Best damn thing he has ever done since being president. the million dollar question is though will be a hypocrite and reverse himself when colleges protest against Israel whom he worships and puts the interests of first instead of America?
And that's fair. if you are for free speech you are for EVERYONE having it regardless of their views.

Disrespecting the US flag and National Anthem isn't free speech, its an insult to those who died in-service to the country.
It has nothing to do with BLM.
Neither is antifa rioting "free speech"
Nor is hitting conservatives with pies "free speech"
Nor is indoctrinating college kids into liberalism using grades as leverage "free speech"
Why do you have a problem presenting both liberalism and conservatism fairly, since tax dollars are involved?

when you salute the flag,you are saluting the CIA and our corrupt government who is out to kiss us all.:abgg2q.jpg:

I tip my hat off the NFL players who kneel.i ALWAYS leave to go to the restroom when they play the national anthem,i am not about to salute our corrupt government and CIA that starts wars around the world.LAND OF THE FREE? Uh this is no free country,its th eland of the OPPRESSED.

Saluting the flag has not one damn thing to do with the CIA but everything to do with the constitution, our history and all of those who've sacrificed and given their all to keep this nation free.

Duckworth on NFL anthem policy: I fought to defend right to take a knee in protest
every soldier did. so what again. no one is saying they don't have the right to take a knee. As always, your poop between the ears is affecting your thought process.

The argument was that if you had served you would never defend those who kneel. Not true.
who had that argument? name that someone that served that doesn't defend that right

I have condemned Obama over and over for doing DACA as an EO. Yes it was the action of a lazy worthless president unwilling to actually stand behind his promises.

yep so? it still is law. an EO. so, your initial point was stupid. My post again proves I have the facts and you got shit still.

Laws can't be simply ignored. The next president can simply ignore an EO. It's not law, it's tied up in the courts. It shouldn't be.

The courts have wrong stepped in. In this case it wouldn't have really mattered as Trump wouldn't have actually done anything. But in the end, it's still in the courts which is kinda my point. Even if Trump tried to enforce this it will be tied up in the courts until after he is gone.

BTW, I agree, I don't like EOs at all. but, and I use this gracefully, when the congress refuses to work with a president, the president has no other options to act for the majority of citizens. Get the swamp cleaned out and eliminate the EOs. it's really that simple. get the legislators to do their jobs. impeach, impeach. The same was true for obammy. i didn't like that either.

Trump NEVER tries. He never goes before Congress to push for something. He never goes before the country to argue why he needs something passed. He tweets and signs EO's. I am not singling Trump out here either......EO's are the realm of the lazy.

I think Bush is a piece of crap but I wouldn't put him in the same lazy category as Obama and Trump.

it's also why Obama had to use them. it's not a good habit to get into at all.

who had that argument? name that someone that served that doesn't defend that right

If you don't want to discuss what I say honestly................

Then they will "explain" that their RELIGIOUS BELIEFS "trump" our RATIONAL beliefs.
Correct. Religious beliefs are protected by the Constitution.

That's bullshit. The campus groups that oppose the speakers I am sure have contacts with the more radical protest groups, and I'm sure some are attending the schools in question. given Anti-fa's penchant for masks, saying "they aren't part of us" is a convinent excuse used by SJW types on campus to get what they want and proclaim their hands clean.
Make up whatever scenarios you like, Marty. You have absolutely no basis for that, except that you would like it to be true. Security personnel and left wing protest organizers tell the real story.

Bullshit. Plenty of on campus groups protest and disrupt the speeches of right leaning groups and people. Hell they even form groups specifically for that purpose.

Violent Middlebury protesters injure professor, force invited speaker to flee lecture hall - FIRE

As soon as Murray took the stage, students stood up, turned their backs to him and started various chants that were loud enough and in unison such that he could not talk over them.

Violent Middlebury protesters injure professor, force invited speaker to flee lecture hall - FIRE

"The Fire"? :rofl:

Your video doesn't show anyone "forced to flee" -- did you even watch it?

Are you actually saying that whatever crackpot you want has an inherent right to be heard on any college campus you don't even attend, while the students who ARE on that campus ----- do not?
if they are invited sure. why wouldn't they be allowed? you haven't answered my last ask on this.

That ISN'T YOUR POST, numbnuts. Are you posting under two different names?

Further, you can't even read what I wrote, which is why you're already on Ignore, which is why I never saw your "last ask", whatever that means.
it's a fking message board, you want a personal conversation do that instead. you're on a forum thread. not a personal message. you're just afraid of us. I get it. you hate we are always right.

No, Obama like Trump was lazy.

You mean instead of leftist college presidents?

I prefer trump over them

i prefer "we the people" decide and leave it at that. but when there are colleges who actively silence dissenting opinions, they need to know that's a party foul. if you're going to give one side campus resources for their ideas, it goes to all.

You're too simple to understand consequences, Simon. I doubt you ever attended a U. or 4-year college, and don't understand that free speech on campuses began at CAL in the 60's; then, the establishment with the go ahead from Reagan used tear gas and SWAT teams to quell a non violent protest.

Trump is a reactive and impulsive actor, one who never seems to consider consequences beyond what he wants, now. The facts we have seen is he never takes advice before he acts, and when consequences foreseen by others occur, he blames others for those consquences.

As my colleague rightwinger posted, what if Liberty University is inundated by supporters of abortion, or athiests who argue there is no god and pose all of the arguments in opposition to the clergy as nothing more than demagogues and charlatans?
The students you speak of liked college so much that some of them never left

they infest our universities and use their power to restrict conservative speakers

I'm curious as to where you get your information about college students. There are hundreds if not thousands of colleges and universities in the U.S. Who is "infesting" anywhere?

If you don't want to discuss what I say honestly................
huh? what did I say that wasn't what you said? you said the argument was. I asked who made the argument? is that poop still interfering?

we don't fund the NFL now do we?

god damn you're just a terminal trollboy.

We DO FUND THE NFL. Cities across the country use PUBLIC MONEY to finance and subsidize their new stadiums all the time.
Hey stupid were talking about FEDERAL money here. Either keep up or shut up.
don't count on either happening.

Trump NEVER tries. He never goes before Congress to push for something. He never goes before the country to argue why he needs something passed. He tweets and signs EO's. I am not singling Trump out here either......EO's are the realm of the lazy.

I think Bush is a piece of crap but I wouldn't put him in the same lazy category as Obama and Trump.
sure he does. he invites them in and they bash him. every fking time. In fact, the last time Peloser stood up in a hissy fit and waved her finger and left. How immature.

No, Obama like Trump was lazy.
are you going to make the statement that our current atmosphere is the same as when Reagan was in office?

You mean instead of leftist college presidents?

I prefer trump over them

i prefer "we the people" decide and leave it at that. but when there are colleges who actively silence dissenting opinions, they need to know that's a party foul. if you're going to give one side campus resources for their ideas, it goes to all.

You're too simple to understand consequences, Simon. I doubt you ever attended a U. or 4-year college, and don't understand that free speech on campuses began at CAL in the 60's; then, the establishment with the go ahead from Reagan used tear gas and SWAT teams to quell a non violent protest.

Trump is a reactive and impulsive actor, one who never seems to consider consequences beyond what he wants, now. The facts we have seen is he never takes advice before he acts, and when consequences foreseen by others occur, he blames others for those consquences.

As my colleague rightwinger posted, what if Liberty University is inundated by supporters of abortion, or athiests who argue there is no god and pose all of the arguments in opposition to the clergy as nothing more than demagogues and charlatans?
The students you speak of liked college so much that some of them never left

they infest our universities and use their power to restrict conservative speakers

I'm curious as to where you get your information about college students. There are hundreds if not thousands of colleges and universities in the U.S. Who is "infesting" anywhere?
I follow the news and its obvious that our major universities are run by leftists

I said that. I agree. i hated the GOP congress did that. However, obammy did get obammy unfair through with his group and that fked the nation. so, there is that.

Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

President Donald Trump signed an executive order Thursday requiring U.S. colleges to protect free speech on their campuses or risk losing federal research funding.

The new order directs federal agencies to ensure that any college or university receiving research grants agrees to promote free speech and the exchange of ideas, and to follow federal rules guiding free expression.

“Even as universities have received billions and billions of dollars from taxpayers, many have become increasingly hostile to free speech and to the First Amendment,” Trump said at a White House signing ceremony. “These universities have tried to restrict free thought, impose total conformity and shut down the voices of great young Americans.”
---
see link for the rest of the story.

but good. if they're not going to allow both sides equal time, then no $ for you.

"all colleges"

that includes christian and conservative institutions.

If they don't want trump to pull their funding (my money) they had better comply.

Forum List

Back