Trump Plays the Role of President in Louisiana

Trump handing out supplies.

Meanwhile Obama is trying to handle his golf club.

And Trump is not even the president yet.... still he is doing Obama's job better than him.

Zoom out the camera. The supplies are ending up in his limo.

I guess Pogo doesn't go to funerals to comfort the family of the deceased.
Why bother? The person's dead.

So, even though the question wasn't put to you that's your answer --- a POTUS should visit a disaster area to "go to funerals".
Thanks for checking in.

Izzat what Rump did today? Go to funerals? So he can talk about himself, like he did at his own father's funeral?
I will give you credit that you are usually smarter than your last post.
Trump must be eating you up alive.

So I got no answer from either one of you.
Perhaps there isn't one. Ya think?
In which case --- premise fall down.
I answered and you replied with a weak ad hominem.

My mistake. I posted that you think the job of the POTUS is to "go to funerals". I thought I was joking.
Didn't realize you actually meant that.

Next....
Damn, you Liberals are starting to rub off on me.

Those people have enough on their hands, they don't need the carnival coming to town and getting in the way.

Isn't California going through another devastating series of forest fires?
Don't they rate a visit from someone playing at being President.
Don't they have real feelings....

If you want to be President don't you want to be a President for all the people....

Those people have enough on their hands, they don't need the carnival coming to town and getting in the way.

If you want to be President don't you want to be a President for all the people....
Send Trump, another photo op might help him.

"Plays the role of President"? You mean, flies into a disaster area tying up all its resources needed for rescue and basic survival?

Well no, you don't mean that. He's not important enough to have that impact, is he.
When Obama needed to be reelected he showed up at all disasters. Know he doesn't need ya, by his own words. He is getting kicked out.

Trump handing out supplies.

Meanwhile Obama is trying to handle his golf club.

And Trump is not even the president yet.... still he is doing Obama's job better than him.

Zoom out the camera. The supplies are ending up in his limo.

To protect Trump against the flood of supporters?

... and BLM protesters?

It takes a least ten days of planning to get the president somewhere for a visit. The Secret Service prefers to have a month or longer. You Obama haters know this but you still bitch.
Then what happened when Obama made his photo shoot for Sandy.
This is a little different than a short helicopter ride to from DC to NY and back in a day.

Send Trump, another photo op might help him.

no don't ... the Gov needs to take care of his state, and Donnie needs to stay out of the damn way just like every other politician in the country.

Trump cant play POTUS, Obama has done all the heavy lifting

1. President Obama has declared 20 parishes for a major disaster for severe storms and flooding, a declaration that makes federal funding available to affected people in Acadia, Ascension, Avoyelles, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Evangeline, Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Livingston, Pointe Coupee, St. Helena, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Vermilion, Washington and West Feliciana. In addition to the 20 parishes, FEMA is conducting a joint Federal and state damage assessment in Assumption and St. Charles.

This federal assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster.

Last week when flooding began, President Obama spoke with Governor Edwards of Louisiana last Thursday and ordered federal aid last week to support state and local recovery efforts in the area affected by severe storms and flooding -- support that will continue as state and local officials in the affected areas address the impacts of the disaster. Since then, FEMA and Louisiana state officials have convened a Strategic Housing Task Force to explore immediate temporary housing solutions for displaced survivors. The Department of Housing and Urban Development announced it will speed federal disaster assistance to Louisiana and provide support to homeowners and low-income renters forced from their homes due to severe storms and flooding

The Small Business Administration is also opening Business Recovery Center in Walker, LA to provide a wide-range of services. As of today, SBA has issued more than 57,000 applications to homeowners and businesses. You can learn more about that center here. Businesses affected by the flood can also use the Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center website to report if their business is open or closed.

Right now, FEMA, through its regional office in Denton, Texas, is highly engaged in response efforts in Louisiana as flooding continues across areas of the Gulf Coast. FEMA staff are on the ground in Louisiana as FEMA continues to coordinate closely with the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness. FEMA is also monitoring potential flooding in Texas and in states across the Gulf Coast. As of this week, the Corporation for National and Community Service has assigned 310 AmeriCorps members serving through FEMA Corps to relief efforts, including 114 AmeriCorps members on the ground in Louisiana to support disaster assistance and other critical tasks and 196 members remotely staffing survivor call centers. In addition, 39 AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) members serving through the American Red Cross have deployed to Baton Rouge to support sheltering, disaster assessments, and feeding.

Here's what FEMA is doing on the ground in Louisiana:
    • More than 560 housing inspectors are on the ground in Louisiana verifying damages reported by survivors who have registered for assistance. The number of inspectors is expected to increase rapidly over the next several days.
    • FEMA established an Incident Support Base in Camp Beauregard in Pineville, Louisiana to distribute supplies such as water, meals, cots and blankets to the state of Louisiana. These include over 800,000 liters of water, over 800,000 meals, over 20,000 cots, and 42,000 blankets.
    • FEMA Mobile Emergency Response Support (MERS) personnel and equipment are deployed to the Incident Support Base in Pineville to support the state with secure and non-secure voice, video and information services to support emergency response communications needs.
    • After the state requested a Federal Urban Search & Rescue task force, FEMA has deployed Texas Task Force 1 to Louisiana.
    • Six FEMA Incident Management Assistance Teams are deployed to Louisiana to support response activities and ensure there are no unmet needs.
    Louisiana residents impacted by flooding can directly apply for assistance online or by phone. Already, more than 95,000 people in Louisiana have registered for FEMA Individual Assistance, and more than $16.7 million has been approved to help survivors with temporary rental assistance, essential home repairs, and other serious disaster-related needs. More than 22,000 National Flood Insurance policyholders have submitted claims for flood loss. Additionally, FEMA has authorized and issued $1 million in advanced payments to National Flood Insurance Program policyholders in Louisiana.

Live Updates: What You Need to Know about Flooding in Louisiana

````````````````````````

Douchebag Don is there signing baseball caps ...

"Plays the role of President"? You mean, flies into a disaster area tying up all its resources needed for rescue and basic survival?

Well no, you don't mean that. He's not important enough to have that impact, is he.
When Obama needed to be reelected he showed up at all disasters. Know he doesn't need ya, by his own words. He is getting kicked out.

No idea how to navigate that post but I do know this -- I got though Katrina, availing myself of what services were available, and not one iota of it had anything to do with whether the damn POTUS showed up or not.

Does Donnie Dangerously have the ability to declare the area a Federal Disaster Area, eligible for Federal assistance like what the President did...what, nearly a week ago?

Nope all he wants is a photo opp. You think he gives a shit about East Baton Rouge?

"The President's action makes federal funding available to affected individuals in East Baton Rouge, Livingston, St. Helena, and Tangipahoa parishes. Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster. "

President Declares Disaster for Louisiana | FEMA.gov
No Trump does not the ability to declare the area a Federal Disaster Area, but he does have the ability to get Obama off his lazy unAmerican ass to do so.
Obama declared it a disaster area last week. Now I remember how disingenuous you are, Connery.
Trump got Obama's ass in gear. You sound butt hurt pumpkin.:itsok:

Forum List

Back