Trump Plays the Role of President in Louisiana

"Plays the role of President"? You mean, flies into a disaster area tying up all its resources needed for rescue and basic survival?

Well no, you don't mean that. He's not important enough to have that impact, is he.

noblm.jpg

Yep, he's really winning over red state white people. Too bad he doesn't have the same compassion for other ethnicities.
Just like Obama and Clinton, they could not give one shit about anyone but themselves, yet Trump has lead the way to Louisiana.
He's the only candidate that needed a photo op.
No photo op.
Oops! I forgot you get your news from USMB!

"Donald Trump today landed in Louisiana to witness first-hand the devastation wrought by flooding not seen there since Hurricane Katrina pummeled the Gulf Coast in 2005.

Actually Katrina didn't flood that area -- it was east of New Orleans.

But in any case, what is "witnessing" going to do for them? Draw photographers away? I mean you can't build a golf course or a giant edifice complex on water.

Trump’s arrival on the scene helps him on a number of levels. Most importantly, it provides a dramatic contrast to Hillary Clinton and President Obama, both of whom have neglected to visit a region where more than a dozen have died and tens of thousands have been forced out of their homes."

A "contrast" to them doing ----- what?

"Donald Trump today landed in Louisiana to witness first-hand the devastation wrought by flooding not seen there since Hurricane Katrina pummeled the Gulf Coast in 2005.

Actually Katrina didn't flood that area -- it was east of New Orleans.

But in any case, what is "witnessing" going to do for them? Draw photographers away? I mean you can't build a golf course or a giant edifice complex on water.

Trump’s arrival on the scene helps him on a number of levels. Most importantly, it provides a dramatic contrast to Hillary Clinton and President Obama, both of whom have neglected to visit a region where more than a dozen have died and tens of thousands have been forced out of their homes."

A "contrast" to them doing ----- what?
I guess Pogo doesn't go to funerals to comfort the family of the deceased.
Why bother? The person's dead.

Last edited:
It takes a least ten days of planning to get the president somewhere for a visit. The Secret Service prefers to have a month or longer. You Obama haters know this but you still bitch.
Where were you turds during Katrina? The potus can go on a moments notice, you lie.
The anger during Katrina was not so much the timing of the president's visit but the delay in response time for federal disaster relief and a totally incompetent FEMA director.

Remember when Obama loved him some p photo op......Sandy anyone....think he even did one when he was running the first time

Zero comparison between Katrina and the current floods.

However, that won't stop GOP stooges ...

Residents thanked him for taking the time to travel there and speak with residents and see first hand the devastation. Still no sign of Obama or Hillary.

Obama is still on the golf course, and HIllary is still in her coma, uhh, she's taking another nap

It takes a least ten days of planning to get the president somewhere for a visit. The Secret Service prefers to have a month or longer. You Obama haters know this but you still bitch.
Where were you turds during Katrina? The potus can go on a moments notice, you lie.
The anger during Katrina was not so much the timing of the president's visit but the delay in response time for federal disaster relief and a totally incompetent FEMA director.
There was no delay.....simply because Bush couldn't do magic and make it all better right now he was a criminal

Does Donnie Dangerously have the ability to declare the area a Federal Disaster Area, eligible for Federal assistance like what the President did...what, nearly a week ago?

Nope all he wants is a photo opp. You think he gives a shit about East Baton Rouge?

"The President's action makes federal funding available to affected individuals in East Baton Rouge, Livingston, St. Helena, and Tangipahoa parishes. Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster. "

President Declares Disaster for Louisiana | FEMA.gov
No Trump does not the ability to declare the area a Federal Disaster Area, but he does have the ability to get Obama off his lazy unAmerican ass to do so.

Oh here we go with the excuses :laugh: and the optics of continuing to play golf during this disaster? Kind of pisses me off I'm paying that lazy ass to do a job and he's slacking off playing golf wasting my money. He should get his ass back to his desk and put in a days work for once.

Give poor Obama a break.

Next summer, he'll have to call for a tee time, instead of just showing up

Yep, he's really winning over red state white people. Too bad he doesn't have the same compassion for other ethnicities.

Over half of the population of Baton Rouge are black people.

Indeed. Where are the members of BLM handing out food and supplies? I thought Black lives mattered. They should have plenty of supplies they have looted from convenience stores and such that they could share with their Black brothers who are flood victims.

Forum List

Back