Trump Plays the Role of President in Louisiana

Residents thanked him for taking the time to travel there and speak with residents and see first hand the devastation. Still no sign of Obama or Hillary.

Obama is still on the golf course, and HIllary is still in her coma, uhh, she's taking another nap

Flood victims met Trump with hugs and thanked him for making the time to go down there and speak with them directly, to see the devastation and understand their situation. Obama and Hillary the professional politicians prefer to live in their DC bubble insulated from mere commoners.

"Donald Trump today landed in Louisiana to witness first-hand the devastation wrought by flooding not seen there since Hurricane Katrina pummeled the Gulf Coast in 2005.

Actually Katrina didn't flood that area -- it was east of New Orleans.

But in any case, what is "witnessing" going to do for them? Draw photographers away? I mean you can't build a golf course or a giant edifice complex on water.

Trump’s arrival on the scene helps him on a number of levels. Most importantly, it provides a dramatic contrast to Hillary Clinton and President Obama, both of whom have neglected to visit a region where more than a dozen have died and tens of thousands have been forced out of their homes."

A "contrast" to them doing ----- what?
I guess Pogo doesn't go to funerals to comfort the family of the deceased.
Why bother? The person's dead.

So, even though the question wasn't put to you that's your answer --- a POTUS should visit a disaster area to "go to funerals".
Thanks for checking in.

Izzat what Rump did today? Go to funerals? So he can talk about himself, like he did at his own father's funeral?

"Donald Trump today landed in Louisiana to witness first-hand the devastation wrought by flooding not seen there since Hurricane Katrina pummeled the Gulf Coast in 2005.

But in any case, what is "witnessing" going to do for them? Draw photographers away? I mean you can't build a golf course or a giant edifice complex on water.

Trump’s arrival on the scene helps him on a number of levels. Most importantly, it provides a dramatic contrast to Hillary Clinton and President Obama, both of whom have neglected to visit a region where more than a dozen have died and tens of thousands have been forced out of their homes."

So, even though the question wasn't put to you that's your answer --- a POTUS should visit a disaster area to "go to funerals".
Thanks for checking in.

Izzat what Rump did today? Go to funerals? So he can talk about himself, like he did at his own father's funeral?
I will give you credit that you are usually smarter than your last post.
Trump must be eating you up alive.

Does Donnie Dangerously have the ability to declare the area a Federal Disaster Area, eligible for Federal assistance like what the President did...what, nearly a week ago?

Nope all he wants is a photo opp. You think he gives a shit about East Baton Rouge?

"The President's action makes federal funding available to affected individuals in East Baton Rouge, Livingston, St. Helena, and Tangipahoa parishes. Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster. "

President Declares Disaster for Louisiana | FEMA.gov
No Trump does not the ability to declare the area a Federal Disaster Area, but he does have the ability to get Obama off his lazy unAmerican ass to do so.

Nope. That would be the Gov. of La. who has to request aid before a president can act.

August 14, 2016

BATON ROUGE - Gov. John Bel Edwards today announced that the federal government declared a major disaster for the state of Louisiana. Following a tour of several parishes with a FEMA official, Gov. Edwards requested that President Barack Obama make the declaration.

Major Disaster Declared for the State of Louisiana | Office of the Governor of Louisiana

It takes a least ten days of planning to get the president somewhere for a visit. The Secret Service prefers to have a month or longer. You Obama haters know this but you still bitch.
Where were you turds during Katrina? The potus can go on a moments notice, you lie.
The anger during Katrina was not so much the timing of the president's visit but the delay in response time for federal disaster relief and a totally incompetent FEMA director.
There was no delay.....simply because Bush couldn't do magic and make it all better right now he was a criminal
Hmmm, so why you guys dog piling on Obama for not showing up in the middle of a horrible disaster? You remember a guy named Michael Brown? He was a political appointee who only lasted eight days as director of relief for the disaster because he did not have a clue what to do.

Thanks for checking in.

It's called fear of the inevitable.

Thanks for checking in.

So I got no answer from either one of you.
Perhaps there isn't one. Ya think?
In which case --- premise fall down.

Trump handing out supplies.

Meanwhile Obama is trying to handle his golf club.

And Trump is not even the president yet.... still he is doing Obama's job better than him.

Yep, he's really winning over red state white people. Too bad he doesn't have the same compassion for other ethnicities.
Just like Obama and Clinton, they could not give one shit about anyone but themselves, yet Trump has lead the way to Louisiana.
He's the only candidate that needed a photo op.
No photo op.
Oops! I forgot you get your news from USMB!
No one took photos or videos? I think you are lying.

Thanks for checking in.

I answered and you replied with a weak ad hominem.

Yep, he's really winning over red state white people. Too bad he doesn't have the same compassion for other ethnicities.
Just like Obama and Clinton, they could not give one shit about anyone but themselves, yet Trump has lead the way to Louisiana.
He's the only candidate that needed a photo op.
No photo op.
Oops! I forgot you get your news from USMB!
No one took photos or videos? I think you are lying.
I bet the victims did.

Thanks for checking in.

I answered and you replied with a weak ad hominem.

My mistake. I posted that you think the job of the POTUS is to "go to funerals". I thought I was joking.
Didn't realize you actually meant that.

Next....

Does Donnie Dangerously have the ability to declare the area a Federal Disaster Area, eligible for Federal assistance like what the President did...what, nearly a week ago?

Nope all he wants is a photo opp. You think he gives a shit about East Baton Rouge?

"The President's action makes federal funding available to affected individuals in East Baton Rouge, Livingston, St. Helena, and Tangipahoa parishes. Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster. "

President Declares Disaster for Louisiana | FEMA.gov
No Trump does not the ability to declare the area a Federal Disaster Area, but he does have the ability to get Obama off his lazy unAmerican ass to do so.
Obama declared it a disaster area last week. Now I remember how disingenuous you are, Connery.

Obama has been in touch with the La Gov for a week. Every Federal assistance program is at his avail

try and keep up.

Trump and Pence looked great! it looked as if the people were happy to see them. Is Obama on the back 9 yet?

Forum List

Back