Trump Releases List of 11 Potential Nominees to U.S. Supreme Court

Where do they stand on eminent domain for real estate developers?

Considering it was Republicans who handed down that decision they could be pretty cool with it.

I've been a Realtor and real estate instructor for over 40 years. In most Realtors and my personal opinion, it was a terrible decision. Florida produced legislation blocking their decision in our state.
There is a fine line there. In the Connecticut case, it was seen as a chance for the city of New London to get a new lease on life. Remember, the entire case was for the benefit of a very small number of "holdout" property owners who would not have sold for ANY amount.
I think we can all rationally think this through and come to the conclusion that the public suffers from the actions of a few. That isn't right.
The Fort Trumbull project benefit was for the entire city. The influx of people of higher incomes, the businesses which generate tax revenue, the new parks and residences. All of it had sought to improve the city as a whole.
There comes a time when even the most sacrosanct of rights cannot be held as absolute.
I am a staunch supporter of private property rights. I am also in full support of the right of individuals to live in a place of their choice so as long as they can afford to live said place. I am also opposed to those who believe that choice to live in place of one's choice is somehow unfair and those who leave the urban centers somehow "owe" some sort of compensation to the nearest urban center. The tentacle of a city government also should have limits. Hence the reason why I despise the policy of involuntary annexation.

Do you what eminent domain is?
I know Trump makes a fortune off of it

So you, like all Progressives, have no clue. Yeah, probably didn't appear in The Nation.

Thank god for well placed judges

Donald Trump’s history of eminent domain abuse
Ef that....I am not registering with the effing Washpo so I can be subjected to some opinion piece from that liberal rag.

Here they are in no particular order:
  1. Steven Colloton of Iowa
  2. Allison Eid of Colorado
  3. Raymond Gruender of Missouri.
  4. Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania
  5. Raymond Kethledge of Michigan
  6. Joan Larsen of Michigan
  7. Thomas Lee of Utah
  8. William Pryor of Alabama
  9. David Stras of Minnesota
  10. Diane Sykes of Wisconsin
  11. Don Willett of Texas

awwww..... how cute. all from states he needs to win.

and not a single decent judge among them.
True.

All pretty much rightwing reactionaries hostile to settled, accepted Constitutional jurisprudence – hostile to the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay Americans, and the Framers’ mandate that church and state be kept separate.
Really? Where's your research?

For some reason, you think I'm impressed with your comment. I'm not. You don't understand what I said and you think you do. It's boring.

My question for you is the same one I've asked you before. The one you refuse to answer. Until you answer it honestly....how can we ever have a meaningful discussion?

Considering how hostile our interactions are, the fact that we are in agreement on something is noteworthy.

Your pretense that it is not is not credible.

Your lack of interest in following up on YOUR point is very, very interesting.

I asked you a fairly open ended question, giving you the opportunity to make additional points while rambling on and on and liberally sprinkling your post with snarky pokes and smears.

ANd yet, you dodge that.

VERY STRANGE.

The only possible reason I can imagine is that you cannot explain why that is a bad thing. YOu were just trying it out to see if it was received in a negative fashion, and since it wasn't you have no interest in it.

Thus you didn't care about your own point, enough to talk about it.

Take that away and there is nothing else to your post but partisan bile.

62129873.jpg

I never said it was a bad thing. You said that. What's bad is that he has to do it. Idiot.

Now...answer my question, please.

It is not bad that he has to do it.

He won a primary, and now is reaching out to the supporters of the other candidates.

Once Sanders withdraws, Hillary will do the same.

and I did answer your question.

He's reaching out TO CONSERVATIVES who don't trust him. He's giving them a hand job......with no guarantee of completion. And you love it. You'll have your blue balls and love it.

You never answered my question. You are too PC to answer it. Bad. Believe me.
d
Eat your heart out. At the same time, while the Republicans are pulling together, the Democrats are having fist fights. Imagine what the convention is going to be like.

Imagine? Why would I do that? I can listen to the words of the two candidates and know that their will be no confusion regarding the task at hand in Philadelphia.

Are you fucking serious? These honorable men and women, not a transgender among them, have impeccable conservative credentials that Americans want and expect. Guns will be safe from liberal confiscation for a generation or two. Abortion industry will be contained, goodbye sanctuary cities, end of MJ in Colorado.

It will be fantastic!

So you, like all Progressives, have no clue. Yeah, probably didn't appear in The Nation.

How does eminent domain affect you? LOL do you have an outhouse you're trying to keep?

All pretty much rightwing reactionaries hostile to settled, accepted Constitutional jurisprudence – hostile to the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay Americans, and the Framers’ mandate that church and state be kept separate.
Funny those privacy rights end at the women's restroom door, huh.

Wait a sec, there are not enough if any acutely qu33r zionists on that list! Oy vey!

What is laughable is our neoQueers here thinking Hillary would choose honorable, fair minded judges that wouldn't push the left wing, radical agenda.

Really? Ok cite one case where any Trump project involved the taking of property without just or fair market compensation for private use.
BTW, you libs are funny lot.
You bitch and moan about the grime and decay of inner cities, yet when someone or a group decides to invest in these places with the idea of revitalizing the area so that those residing there can benefit, you people raise up against these projects. You refer to this as "gentrification".....But when such projects are proposed in outer ring areas in the exurbs, which you refer to as "integration", you see this as progress.
Ya can't have it both ways.
I can make money on your house.....you need to get out

7. Thomas Lee of Utah
  11. Don Willett of Texas

Which is proof positive they are all great people.

How unsurprising. The poster above equates indecency with greatness.
You didn't cite any indecency from any of them. Being the board retard against them isn't going to prove anything.

Don Willett is a justice on the Texas Supreme Court hostile to settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence and the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

This is further confirmation of Trump's contempt for the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law.
Back it up.

How does eminent domain affect you? LOL do you have an outhouse you're trying to keep?
No problem with taking property for public roads, infrastructure, schools

But taking property so that a private developer like Trump can make a windfall ?

7. Thomas Lee of Utah
  11. Don Willett of Texas

You didn't cite any indecency from any of them. Being the board retard against them isn't going to prove anything.

The other poster said:

"not a single decent judge among them."

To which you replied:

"Which is proof positive they are all great people."

Are you fucking serious? These honorable men and women, not a transgender among them, have impeccable conservative credentials that Americans want and expect. Guns will be safe from liberal confiscation for a generation or two. Abortion industry will be contained, goodbye sanctuary cities, end of MJ in Colorado.

It will be fantastic!

Americans don't want Roe v Wade overturned.

7. Thomas Lee of Utah
  11. Don Willett of Texas

The other poster said:

"not a single decent judge among them."

To which you replied:

"Which is proof positive they are all great people."
"You didn't cite any indecency from any of them."

You answer my questions, and you have a serious and/or honest and/or on topic question, and I'll be happy to answer it.

Still, do you note where I admitted that you not only had a valid point, but agreed with you?

It really seemed to be the central point you were trying to make.

And you didn't follow up.

That's very odd.

Here, for discussion's sake.

The part where I agreed you were right.

4. MY GOD. This is, I can't believe it, a valid point. Yes, this is an attempt by Trump to gather support from the Conservatives in the GOP who he does not yet have.

You say that like it is a bad thing. Would you like to explain why you think that is a bad thing?

For some reason, you think I'm impressed with your comment. I'm not. You don't understand what I said and you think you do. It's boring.

My question for you is the same one I've asked you before. The one you refuse to answer. Until you answer it honestly....how can we ever have a meaningful discussion?

Considering how hostile our interactions are, the fact that we are in agreement on something is noteworthy.

I asked you a fairly open ended question, giving you the opportunity to make additional points while rambling on and on and liberally sprinkling your post with snarky pokes and smears.

ANd yet, you dodge that.

VERY STRANGE.

The only possible reason I can imagine is that you cannot explain why that is a bad thing. YOu were just trying it out to see if it was received in a negative fashion, and since it wasn't you have no interest in it.

62129873.jpg

I never said it was a bad thing. You said that. What's bad is that he has to do it. Idiot.

He won a primary, and now is reaching out to the supporters of the other candidates.

He's reaching out TO CONSERVATIVES who don't trust him. He's giving them a hand job......with no guarantee of completion. And you love it. You'll have your blue balls and love it.

There is nothing new in this "response" to my post, just additional partisan spin on your part.

You answer my questions, and you have a serious and/or honest and/or on topic question, and I'll be happy to answer it.

Still, do you note where I admitted that you not only had a valid point, but agreed with you?

It really seemed to be the central point you were trying to make.

And you didn't follow up.

That's very odd.

Here, for discussion's sake.

The part where I agreed you were right.

4. MY GOD. This is, I can't believe it, a valid point. Yes, this is an attempt by Trump to gather support from the Conservatives in the GOP who he does not yet have.

You say that like it is a bad thing. Would you like to explain why you think that is a bad thing?

ANd yet, you dodge that.

VERY STRANGE.

62129873.jpg

And you are lying.

55521770.jpg

Forum List

Back