Trump says "Don't live in fear"...

“I just left Walter Reed Medical Center, and it’s really something very special—the doctors, the nurses, the first responders—and I learned so much about coronavirus” Trump said. “And one thing that’s for certain, don’t let it dominate you. Don’t be afraid of it. You’re gonna beat it. We have the best medical equipment; we have the best medicines—all developed recently—and you’re gonna beat it.”

-----------

Sounds very "...we have nothing to fear but fear itself..."

A far better message than ...hide in your basement forever... Don't ya think?

People seem to be more interested in making jokes about the COVID 19 virus. If it continues at its present rate and also the annual flu viruses you may well be hiding in your basement because hospitals be using triage so if your ill you very well may be at the end of the line as the basement your only option.

Maybe.

But we still need to live...not just survive.

Do you think you need to go through a war to understand it is bad and should be avoided at all costs, that every precaution necessary should be used to prevent one?
Some wars need fighting.

A lot don't...but some do.

We can't nerf the world.

But the point of the analogy was...one can know things and not really understand them until they have experienced them first hand.
I completely agree - I wasn't being negatively critical.

“I just left Walter Reed Medical Center, and it’s really something very special—the doctors, the nurses, the first responders—and I learned so much about coronavirus” Trump said. “And one thing that’s for certain, don’t let it dominate you. Don’t be afraid of it. You’re gonna beat it. We have the best medical equipment; we have the best medicines—all developed recently—and you’re gonna beat it.”

-----------

npq3a4ryggr51.jpg

-----------

Except it is the wrong message. I do not live in fear, but I live smart, which shoud be his message. He did not live smart and caught it, along with many people around him. He is the Covidiot in Chief.

Sometimes you have to weigh other factors than 100% safety.

Somewhere we've lost that.

The President believed the need to maintain a working government and reassuring the citizenry outweighed the need for 100% safety.

I agree.

But the government is getting infected all around him.

It's interesting how society and the political arena deals with Covid as opposed to HIV. Years ago when the AIDS epidemic hit, the victims were treated with concern and sympathy even though their risky behavior caused the incurable and ultimately deadly disease. There was no effort made by the CDC to track down people who were exposed. Today the people who become infected with Covid are often vilified, ridiculed and blamed for their own infection even though Covid is over 90% curable.

-----------

npq3a4ryggr51.jpg

This is pretty dumb, even for a SJW twat like you and her.

You don't fall out a window, you pass through an open window which could result in falling a distance determined and know via the height of the window above the ground. This height also is a known quantity that determines the survivability of said fall after passing through a window.

Unless you are already falling, and then fall through a window and continue the fall after the window, which at that point the issue is with the first fall, and not the passing through the window into the 2nd fall.

But the government is getting infected all around him.
...sure...and that's the risk.

I don't presume to speak for the President...but I suspect he believes a leader shouldn't look afraid...even if he is...or even should be.

He made his choice. So did those who worked around him.

He also said he would take the vaccine first...or last.

Say what you will about his leadership style...but the guy has courage. That's a fact.

I saw the President of the United States, leader of the free world, step into North Korea alone.

Sorry...but Joe Biden doesn't have that in him.

And we saw him step into Europe and shit all over our allies. He likes despots like your man in North Korea because he wants to be one.

-----------

Tell that to the 200k dead and their loved ones. He guaranteeing us all the treatment he got? I bet most of us couldn’t afford it.

And we saw him step into Europe and shit all over our allies. He likes despots like your man in North Korea because he wants to be one.
This is Trump Derangement Syndrome talking poiny. An opinion not based in reality.

You can't have a reasonable debate when you opponent's opinion is not reality based.

This is Trump Derangement Syndrome talking poiny. An opinion not based in reality.

You can't have a reasonable debate when you opponent's opinion is not reality based.
ThT is a cheap deflection. I expected better from you.

Tell that to the 200k dead and their loved ones. He guaranteeing us all the treatment he got? I bet most of us couldn’t afford it.

You're not paying attention.

Regular people aren’t getting his treatment.

The New Hotness? Left’s Response To Trump’s ‘Don’t Be Afraid’ Tweet Emphasizes How Very Much They Want Fear.

1602010175446.png

In a Monday tweet celebrating his release from the hospital after testing positive for COVID-19, President Trump wrote: “Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!” He followed it with this similarly upbeat video statement:

The response to this tweet was characteristically unhinged in a way that speaks to the primary motivator of corporate media coverage of the virus: fear.

In his discussion of Trump’s celebratory hospital-release tweet, Wolf Blitzer made the message explicit: “Everyone should be afraid of COVID.”

First of all, this stance is factually questionable. Being afraid of COVID does not kill or retard it. Taking reasonable and prudent measures does. One does not need to be afraid to oppose coronavirus. In fact, excessive fear will cripple the critical thinking necessary for responding appropriately to this threat.

And that is the subtext at play here. The subtext is that if people simply follow their reason, and pay close attention to the objective facts about COVID-19, perhaps they would make different choices than when scared out of their minds about it. So we can’t have people prudent about COVID, or rational about COVID, or thoughtful, or courageous about COVID. That does not produce the social outcomes that these people want. Being scared of COVID does.

Fear seems to motivate different behaviors related to COVID than does information, facts, and rationality. If Americans were less afraid, then more schools would be open for more effective in-person instruction, for one thing.

is a cheap deflection. I expected better from you.

Ok...I'll bite.

Show me some proof that Trump wants to be a dictator?

He has definitely had the opportunity to use emergency powers...and has demurred to the States in exactly the manner proscribed in the Constitution.

He has made historic peace...not war.

And he is the first president since Carter not to involve the US in a new foreign conflict.

So, if yout position is reality based and isn't just a talking point, make your case...

Ok...I'll bite.

He has definitely had the opportunity to use emergency powers...and has demurred to the States in exactly the manner proscribed in the Constitution.

And he is the first president since Carter not to involve the US in a new foreign conflict.

So, if yout position is reality based and isn't just a talking point, make your case...
You will only reply with a cheap insult.

Ok...I'll bite.

You will only reply with a cheap insult.
A simple 'I can't' would have sufficed.

Forum List

Back