Trump says on day one he'll withdraw from TPP

Winner take all state by state does not accurately represent the people's choice. That was never the intention of the electoral college.
sure it does it is what elects a president. And why Trump won 306 to 232. Read up on the constitution. It's in wikipedia, libs favorite spot on the internet.

That it elects the president does not change the fact that it does not accurately represent the people's choice. The popular vote represents the people's choice.
sure it does, it did exactly what the EC was meant to do, give every state and the citizens of the state a voice and it was loud and clear at 306 to 232 thumping of clinton. Just saying. Are you denying those numbers? 30 out of 50 states that's a majority of people.

How can it accurately represent the people's choice when Hillary got 1.6 million more of the people's vote?

The electoral college does NOT give every citizen a voice. When you vote for Hillary in Ohio, or Trump in California,

the electoral college effective voids your vote. It counts as zero towards the ultimate determination of who will be president.

Well, Hillary had twice as many offices open in the "swing" states as did Trump, so she apparently went after the Electorial College votes as did Trump. That's the way both candidates handled their campaigns. Hillary lost the swing states and the Electorial College vote. That's the way it works and she was obviously aware of how it works. I'm sorry if you can't fathom that fact.

I understand that fact.

Conservatives despise democracy. Therefore they champion electoral systems that are undemocratic.

Trump pulls out of TPP & china will step in. The US will be looking in from the outside.

Trump doesn't even know what is in the TPP (no one does outside of the negotiators & the Administration) & thinks that other countries will agree to allow US imports while the US not accepting theirs.

Agriculture wants the TPP. Manufacturers want TPP. Oil & gas want the TPP.

The TPP is about manufacturing & technology jobs here in the US. And you all are too stupid to support it.

sure it does it is what elects a president. And why Trump won 306 to 232. Read up on the constitution. It's in wikipedia, libs favorite spot on the internet.

That it elects the president does not change the fact that it does not accurately represent the people's choice. The popular vote represents the people's choice.
sure it does, it did exactly what the EC was meant to do, give every state and the citizens of the state a voice and it was loud and clear at 306 to 232 thumping of clinton. Just saying. Are you denying those numbers? 30 out of 50 states that's a majority of people.

How can it accurately represent the people's choice when Hillary got 1.6 million more of the people's vote?

The electoral college does NOT give every citizen a voice. When you vote for Hillary in Ohio, or Trump in California,

the electoral college effective voids your vote. It counts as zero towards the ultimate determination of who will be president.

Well, Hillary had twice as many offices open in the "swing" states as did Trump, so she apparently went after the Electorial College votes as did Trump. That's the way both candidates handled their campaigns. Hillary lost the swing states and the Electorial College vote. That's the way it works and she was obviously aware of how it works. I'm sorry if you can't fathom that fact.

I understand that fact.

Conservatives despise democracy. Therefore they champion electoral systems that are undemocratic.
who hasn't followed the law of the land? Don't understand your point.

I understand that fact.

Apparently so do the Liberals. Every President elected thus far has been elected via the Electorial College route.

Trump pulls out of TPP & china will step in. The US will be looking in from the outside.

Trump doesn't even know what is in the TPP (no one does outside of the negotiators & the Administration) & thinks that other countries will agree to allow US imports while the US not accepting theirs.

The TPP is about manufacturing & technology jobs here in the US. And you all are too stupid to support it.
sure he does, it's a bad deal for the US. he stated that a very long time ago. Back when Clinton was praising it as a gold standard, before she didn't want it after trump and bernie didn't want it. hmmm

I understand that fact.

I didn't say anything about not following the law.

I said conservatives love the electoral college because it's undemocratic.

Conservatives call democracy 'mob rule'. The Popular Vote is the Mob. The PEOPLE are the Mob.

The radical left must be in trouble if the best they can do is nit-pick what Bernie and Trump agree about. Funny they never called Hillary a communist.

Nitpick now? Trump won by co-opting a LIBERAL position. He moved the GOP to the LEFT.
you still don't get it do you, he isn't a GOPer, he isn't a Democrater, he was a third partyer and is going to do great.

Last edited:

Well, again, Hillary said she didn't support it either.

I understand that fact.

Apparently so do the Liberals. Every President elected thus far has been elected via the Electorial College route.

The amendment process could not muster the supermajorities needed to change the electoral process.

I understand that fact.

Conservatives call democracy 'mob rule'. The Popular Vote is the Mob. The PEOPLE are the Mob.
sure you are, you are saying that conservatives shouldn't obey the law of the land. It's all you got there Gene! You show me language that states the president is won by a majority of the popular vote. Post one up> I looked EC up in Wikipedia, did you know it's been there since after the first president was picked? Did ya? Why is that?

The radical left must be in trouble if the best they can do is nit-pick what Bernie and Trump agree about. Funny they never called Hillary a communist.

Nitpick now? Trump won by co-opting a LIBERAL position. He moved the GOP to the LEFT.
you still don't get it do you, he isn't a GOPer, he isn't a Democrater, he was a third party and is going to do great.

Trump isn't a Republican?

Is a new talking point being hatched here?

Trump to withdraw from Trans-Pacific Partnership on first day in office

"He said that he was going to issue a note of intent to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal, calling it “a potential disaster for our country”."

How about that? His first priority is to act on a major plank in the Bernie Sanders agenda.

Communist!!!!!!!!!!!!
Which will help China.
That's life. Bill Clinton sold us out, now we have to fix the mess without making things worse. Hopefully Trump will do what's right.

I understand that fact.

The amendment process could not muster the supermajorities needed to change the electoral process.

Had your candidate actually won the Electorial vote, you would be perfectly happy with the process.

I understand that fact.

sure you are, you are saying that conservatives shouldn't obey the law of the land. It's all you got there Gene! You show me language that states the president is won by a majority of the popular vote. Post one up> I looked EC up in Wikipedia, did you know it's been there since after the first president was picked? Did ya? Why is that?

You lie. I said no such thing. Now stop lying.

I understand that fact.

Had your candidate actually won the Electorial vote, you would be perfectly happy with the process.

I don't have the power to show you how long I've opposed the electoral college, so if you don't want to take my word for it, that's that.

I understand that fact.

You lie. I said no such thing. Now stop lying.

Face it. You're just butt hurt because your candidate lost.

I understand that fact.

and?

I understand that fact.

I don't have the power to show you how long I've opposed the electoral college, so if you don't want to take my word for it, that's that.
did you do something about it is the next logical question then?

you still don't get it do you, he isn't a GOPer, he isn't a Democrater, he was a third party and is going to do great.

Trump isn't a Republican?

Is a new talking point being hatched here?
was he supported by the GOP? I mean come on man! he needed a platform he chose the GOP and they never chose him. he used his own money. hmm

Forum List

Back