Trump Signs Order Calling For Work Requirements In Welfare Programs

You didn't answer me. Do you hire for the kinds of jobs you're suggesting need to be done? Who do you propose do those jobs? Who pays for it?

Able bodied people receiving government assistance?

Great. So whose paying them? You? The taxpayers? I'm not necessarily opposed to the government hiring more employees to clean things up. But it will cost more than we'll save.

They're already getting paid dimwit.

How much would you suggest as an hourly wage for a government employee whose job is to go out and clean up graffiti and trash from the streets, public parks, etc?

The welfare is the payment. Rather than getting paid money you get food/medical/financial. If you get 400 per month in free shit you have to work 400 in value off.

Not sure how this is hard to grasp. Work/school/community service

The first problem is that you seem to assume that anyone who receives some type of welfare is receiving every type of welfare benefit. That's simply not true. Every welfare program has specific and unique qualification criteria. For example, medicaid is a type of welfare program but many people who receive that benefit receive no other benefit.

Second problem is that "financial" seems to be a word you are just using to fill in vague suggestions of benefits that don't actually exist. Are you trying to suggest that they are receiving a cash paycheck? Because cash assistance is pretty rare from what I understand.

Third problem is that you see this as a way for people to "work off" the value of their benefits. That has nothing to do with the work requirements, and nothing to do with what anyone else has said. Are you suggesting that people who receive welfare should be required to provide free work to the government in addition to whatever job they otherwise have?

Fourth problem is the idea that welfare is "free shit." I pay my taxes, those taxes are used for welfare programs. Hopefully I'll never need the extra help, but if I do then I've paid my taxes and have paid my contribution, and will pay my contribution again when I no longer need the help. Not to mention that people who work and also receive welfare also pay taxes. It's not "free shit" it's a taxpayer funded safety net.
I didn't ASSume anything. That is all you.

Didn't bother reading the rest of your tripe.

In other words, you're in retreat. Very well. Men, set up base camp. This is our land now.
Why should I bother with your bullshit when you make ridiculous assumptions about what I may or may not know?
Your comments were stupid, condescending and unfounded.

And lol at welfare being a safety net. For many it is a way of life.

Go fuck yourself now

In other words, you're in retreat. Very well. Men, set up base camp. This is our land now.
Why should I bother with your bullshit when you make ridiculous assumptions about what I may or may not know?

Go fuck yourself now

How many?

Go fuck yourself now

How many?
Many. That term that means more than a few, M A N Y

How much would you suggest as an hourly wage for a government employee whose job is to go out and clean up graffiti and trash from the streets, public parks, etc?

1/30th of whatever they get from the Government on a weekly basis.

Go fuck yourself now

How many?
Many. That term that means more than a few, M A N Y

How many? It forms your world view. You should know how many and how much of our tax dollars are wasted on them.

While this subject is being discussed AGAIN...let me repeat the liberal position.

People who are able to work should work. They should be paid well enough to lead a
productive and healthy lifestyle. If the private sector doers not provide the necessary
number of suitable jobs, then the public sector must do so.

Whatever they're being paid on government assistance.

So you see where this is going and now you're trying to escape through the back door.

Let's imagine relatively low wage of $10 an hour. That's $400 a week in wages alone. But then there are payroll taxes the employer has to pay. Let's estimate that bumps the cost up to $425 a week. Then there are the benefits package. Conservatively, let's estimate that bumps the total up to $500 a week, just in the cost of labor.

But taking on this project also requires materials. Cleaning up graffiti requires paint and painting tools. Picking up trash requires trash bags and personal protection items. In both cases, you need vehicles to get around town. That also entails gas, insurance, and periodic maintenance. Let's once again be conservative in estimates here, saying that all those things will cost an additional $150 a week. That means that this new job you want created will cost $650 a week, or more. That comes out to be $2800 a month.

If you can show me evidence that the average welfare recipient receives $2800 a month in assorted benefits, I'll let you cast me for free in your very own home sex movie.

Plenty of graffiti to remove and trash in the streets to clean up.

Is that the kind of job you're hiring for? Are you a government contractor? Or do you think government should add more jobs to do this work? We'll need a tax increase to pay for it.
I bet welfare recipients drop to half as soon as they are told they need to pick up a broom to earn it.
Especially my ninety year old mother in law, about time she got off her lazy ass...
she gets SS not welfare. different program. you should read up.

BTW, my mom was on the same SS program. heck my wife will be joining this year at age 70.
I'm already on my entitlement program..
good thing. Nice job.

That lady on my street with 5 kids under 5 will have to duct tape those little crying brats into strollers, rope them together into a train & drag them to work. She is going to need a bus for all those car seats, strollers, diaper bags, bottles, etc. I wonder if she will ever get any work done if she makes it there?
I'm sure her street has plenty of graffiti and trash to clean up.
Oh, you mean that safe place for babies with cars zooming by? She can't even herd those little brats to the park & back.
how does she get food her clothes? oh the horror.
Her man uses EBT card to bring them food after work. She can't drive because she can't afford glasses.
so they aren't married correct?

So you see where this is going and now you're trying to escape through the back door.

Let's imagine relatively low wage of $10 an hour. That's $400 a week in wages alone. But then there are payroll taxes the employer has to pay. Let's estimate that bumps the cost up to $425 a week. Then there are the benefits package. Conservatively, let's estimate that bumps the total up to $500 a week, just in the cost of labor.

But taking on this project also requires materials. Cleaning up graffiti requires paint and painting tools. Picking up trash requires trash bags and personal protection items. In both cases, you need vehicles to get around town. That also entails gas, insurance, and periodic maintenance. Let's once again be conservative in estimates here, saying that all those things will cost an additional $150 a week. That means that this new job you want created will cost $650 a week, or more. That comes out to be $2800 a month.

If you can show me evidence that the average welfare recipient receives $2800 a month in assorted benefits, I'll let you cast me for free in your very own home sex movie.

So you'd prefer able bodied welfare recipients do nothing with their time?

That's not good for anybody.

Straw man. Nobody has said any such thing.

Straw man. Nobody has said any such thing.

It's not a straw man at all.

The opposite of working is not working.

GREAT idea......The only downside is many of these people will fake injuries. Hopefully there are some provisions for that, such as extermination.

Forum List

Back