Trump Speech: Declaring American Economic Independence

So why does Trump use overseas or foreign companies to produce the products he sells?
It's very simple as a CEO of manufacturing companies or retail, whatever, he gets his stuff made the cheapest possible for the best quality possible to maximize profit.
As President he's going to try to make it more feasible to be profitable with made in America stuff.
All talk....If he was sincere he would shift that production home....Until he does, he's a liar in my eyes......The USA produces many products, yet these companies stay in the USA...Foreign manufacturers come to the USA and produce their goods..Why can't Trump, oh yeah, cheap labor from sweat shops......
Those are ridiculously high standards man.
That shit is as unimportant as sanders taking so many tax cuts.
Shit, I want the tax system reformed but I happily take a break.
I'm just sayin, let's be real here..

Here's a transcript of today's speech by Trump ( June 28, 2016). He blasted her on TPP and really drove home the America first narrative. interested to see how the left will knock this speech ;)

It was a really good one. He goes after globalism/globalists, elites, TPP, and Clinton. The message is a great one for ALL American's.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/DJT_DeclaringAmericanEconomicIndependence.pdf

The left won't knock his speech, much of it could have been written by Bernie Sanders, with a little help from Dick Cheney on diplomcay & foreign affairs.

In short, Trump is a classic demagogue, he tells his audience what they want to hear. PA is a State he needs, so he'll promise Steel Town anything, even things controlled by The Congress and not something he can do even with an executive order.

"He said he was bringing sunshine. But it's raining outside!!!"
-
-
BOOM dude blows his brains out
" now that's a man of integrity"
Lol

I'm more than willing to discuss his trade proposal without going into the nonsensicalness, and outright duplicity of his tax proposals.

However, his proposal does not do what you said he'd attempt "to make it more feasible to be profitable with [stuff] made in America". Our major imports from China are computers, cell phones, and other electrical equipment. We aren't going to make that stuff cheaper than China does. If we could, mfters wouldn't have moved jobs There in the first place.

So, what Trump is suggesting is we use tariffs (which would set off a trade war that we'd lose because China can call in our debt) OR he'd give mfters subsidies or tax breaks to make stuff here (which might or might not set off a trade war. China might not call in our debt, but they'd stop buying cars and petroleum and ore from us). In either event the stuff maftered here would cost more, SO biz and consumers have to pay more.

He's oversimplifying things. We had this debate back in the 80s, and Trump's side, and labor, lost. Americans wanted the best/cheapest stuff regardless of whether Americans lost jobs. Trump blames the Clintons. The Clintons are certainly poster children for the pro-trade anti-labor DLC. But the DLC premised taxing the benefits of trade to pay for education and social services. They were unable to get congress to go along.
Right now we make cheap stuff in China while Americans can't afford rent and food because they have no jobs. By putting in tariffs and doing a trade war, stuff will become more expensive. More Americans will have jobs again and be able to afford rent and food made in America. True some things like big screen tv's will be too expensive for the normal American to buy but that is as it should be, as long as they can afford the necessities. I'm not talking about the rich Americans, I'm talking about the poor ones.

Most economists disagree with that. How big do the tariffs gets before it creates jobs? What if they don't create jobs? Then it is just a new sales tax.
Make goods made overseas more expensive than it cost to make them here and the jobs will come.

If they become too expensive nobody will be buying them, that doesn't create jobs.

How many jobs do we lose when China responds with more tariffs?
The people manufacturing them will buy them. With jobs comes income to buy stuff with.
The people in China?

Right now we make cheap stuff in China while Americans can't afford rent and food because they have no jobs. By putting in tariffs and doing a trade war, stuff will become more expensive. More Americans will have jobs again and be able to afford rent and food made in America. True some things like big screen tv's will be too expensive for the normal American to buy but that is as it should be, as long as they can afford the necessities. I'm not talking about the rich Americans, I'm talking about the poor ones.

Most economists disagree with that. How big do the tariffs gets before it creates jobs? What if they don't create jobs? Then it is just a new sales tax.
Make goods made overseas more expensive than it cost to make them here and the jobs will come.

If they become too expensive nobody will be buying them, that doesn't create jobs.

The people manufacturing them will buy them. With jobs comes income to buy stuff with.
The people in China?
Fuck the people in China, Americans first.

I'm more than willing to discuss his trade proposal without going into the nonsensicalness, and outright duplicity of his tax proposals.

However, his proposal does not do what you said he'd attempt "to make it more feasible to be profitable with [stuff] made in America". Our major imports from China are computers, cell phones, and other electrical equipment. We aren't going to make that stuff cheaper than China does. If we could, mfters wouldn't have moved jobs There in the first place.

So, what Trump is suggesting is we use tariffs (which would set off a trade war that we'd lose because China can call in our debt) OR he'd give mfters subsidies or tax breaks to make stuff here (which might or might not set off a trade war. China might not call in our debt, but they'd stop buying cars and petroleum and ore from us). In either event the stuff maftered here would cost more, SO biz and consumers have to pay more.

He's oversimplifying things. We had this debate back in the 80s, and Trump's side, and labor, lost. Americans wanted the best/cheapest stuff regardless of whether Americans lost jobs. Trump blames the Clintons. The Clintons are certainly poster children for the pro-trade anti-labor DLC. But the DLC premised taxing the benefits of trade to pay for education and social services. They were unable to get congress to go along.

First Trump will have to get Congress to reverse course on all the trade treaties...

Will he? Or is that an executive branch function?

Besides, how many congressmen do you think want to go on record as being against bringing jobs back to America?
NAFTA was a passed by Congress, guess who has to change that law?

AFTER it was negotiated by the Executive branch.

The people in China?
Ok well if you put tariffs on items and they become so expensive sales go down, that isn't a great incentive to manufacture here.

"George Washington said that "the promotion of domestic manufactur[ing] will be among the first consequences to flow from an energetic government.”
He said this during the period the US was stealing textile manufacturing technology from Britain. That was the cutting edge tech of the time, and even then America knew that to be competitive we had to have ye jobs of tomorrow, not ye jobs of yesteryere.

We win by being innovative and by having a highly educated workforce.

High tech is nice. But outsourcing and imports are hitting that too AND cheap imported labor is being used to increase profits.

And that is only a segment of a complete economy.

Not everyone is going to be a STEM worker.

The people in China?
Ok well if you put tariffs on items and they become so expensive sales go down, that isn't a great incentive to manufacture here.
uh, yeah. That's the point.

Your gotcha is noted.

So, Do you support outsourcing?

Because Trump is running against it, and Hillary is not.

I think expecting to change it with tariffs is a dangerous game. Consumers here in the US pay for tariffs.

Being the world's bitch on Trade HAS BEEN a dangerous game.

MILLIONS OF LIVES HAVE BEEN RUINED OR SERIOUSLY NEGATIVELY IMPACTED.

With no attempt at changing policy by the POlitical class for that entire time.

Explain. We can buy huge tvs for cheap.

You think tariffs will work? Cause again, US consumers pay tariffs.

They have in the past.

When plants shut down, towns die, people lives are fucked up.

A few dollars a hour difference in wages can make the difference between a marriage that fails and a marriage that succeeds.

A few dollars a hour difference in wages can make the difference between a couple that manages to scrap by and one that feels confident enough to start a family.

Give examples of success.

Here is one.

Is Protectionism America’s Future?

"the president is now being bashed for the most sensible decision he has taken to put America first: the imposition of tariffs on foreign steel being dumped into the United States, which had put 30 U.S. steel companies in bankruptcy.

“You will start a trade war!” they screamed.

What happened? The EU, its huge trade surplus with America at risk in any trans-Atlantic trade war, chickened out and backed down. The president prevailed. The EU will not impose retaliatory tariffs. Smart fellows.

As for the U.S. steel mills Bush sought to protect, consider this item buried inside the free-trade Wall Street Journal.

Under a headline, “Steelmakers Post Improved Results for 2nd Quarter,” a reporter writes: “Buoyed by import tariffs, the country’s two largest steelmakers reported vastly improved second-quarter results, as mills operate at nearly full capacity and prices rise.

“The outlook for the rest of the year looks solid …”

Well done, Mr. President."

Trump: "Our politicians have aggressively pursued a policy of globalization, moving our jobs, our wealth and our factories to Mexico and overseas. Globalization has made the financial elite who donate to politicians very, very wealthy. I used to be one of them," Trump admitted. "The people who rigged the system for their benefit will do anything and say anything to keep things exactly the way they are."

So tell me again when will he move his business back from Mexico and China? Because now that he has separated himself from the global elite he really needs to let us know.

That's is what he is doing right now,contracts,logisics moving manufacturer plants take time.
After he wins,we hold his feet to the fire I think the honesty admitting he was part of the elitist cartel, says alot.
Clinton epitomizes the term,and is squarely on bed with wall Street,just more same old same old with her.

The people in China?

As items MANUFACTURED here would not have the tariffs on them, yes it does.

Trump: "Our politicians have aggressively pursued a policy of globalization, moving our jobs, our wealth and our factories to Mexico and overseas. Globalization has made the financial elite who donate to politicians very, very wealthy. I used to be one of them," Trump admitted. "The people who rigged the system for their benefit will do anything and say anything to keep things exactly the way they are."

So tell me again when will he move his business back from Mexico and China? Because now that he has separated himself from the global elite he really needs to let us know.

That's is what he is doing right now,contracts,logisics moving manufacturer plants take time.
After he wins,we hold his feet to the fire I think the honesty admitting he was part of the elitist cartel, says alot.
Clinton epitomizes the term,and is squarely on bed with wall Street,just more same old same old with her.

Donald Trump owns no factories in either China or Mexico. He contracts for his goods to be made by cheap labor or slave labor, he could move them out overnight.

Here's a transcript of today's speech by Trump ( June 28, 2016). He blasted her on TPP and really drove home the America first narrative. interested to see how the left will knock this speech ;)

It was a really good one. He goes after globalism/globalists, elites, TPP, and Clinton. The message is a great one for ALL American's.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/DJT_DeclaringAmericanEconomicIndependence.pdf

The left won't knock his speech, much of it could have been written by Bernie Sanders, with a little help from Dick Cheney on diplomcay & foreign affairs.

In short, Trump is a classic demagogue, he tells his audience what they want to hear. PA is a State he needs, so he'll promise Steel Town anything, even things controlled by The Congress and not something he can do even with an executive order.

So, do you support outsourcing and use of illegal labor, and using H-1B visa workers to undercut American workers, and us workers competing with literally SLAVE LABOR, on an even playing field?

How is Trump going to make it so American construction companies use American steel? Does anyone care how that is supposed to work?

You want speculation?

I want to know how he thinks he will do it. He didn't tell us in his speech.

Did you check his web site? You can often find lots of details there.

I have on other issues.

It is not there.

Are you sure? Were you doing that little game you lefties like to do where you pretend to not understand the implications of something when it serves your purpose to not do so?

How is Trump going to make it so American construction companies use American steel? Does anyone care how that is supposed to work?

You want speculation?

I want to know how he thinks he will do it. He didn't tell us in his speech.

Did you check his web site? You can often find lots of details there.

I have on other issues.

It is not there.

Are you sure? Were you doing that little game you lefties like to do where you pretend to not understand the implications of something when it serves your purpose to not do so?

There is no mention of the method by which Trump will make it so American construction companies use American steel on his website.

Forum List

Back