Trump Stops Payment to WHO

I don't see how anyone other than Trump humpers can consider this a good move during a global pandemic.

How does it feel to be blind?

Aaaand here's another Trump humper here to defend him.

Yes, yes. You think everything Trump does is amazing. We know.

What I was wondering was what people who DON'T mindlessly worship Trump have to think about this situation. Clearly that doesn't mean you.

The enemies you make by defunding? Try everyone. You are not hurting the Chinese at all by defunding you are giving the Chinese the opportunity to jump into a power vacuum.

And for the 3rd time. What do you access the WHO could have done differently? I've posed it to other people. You guys are asserting the WHO did something wrong so you should have no problem stating what they should have done.

China cannot jump into power vacuum, because they're already there. Question is, why China have so much power over WHO when they're providing less funding to WHO than US, Japan, or EU?
It has nothing to do with funding and everything to do with the fact that China is leading the world in Coronavirus research. Coronviruses which infected both humans and animals began in China in 2002. China has remained the heart of the research now for almost 20 years. Most of what we know about the virus comes from China. China has just approved two Coronavirus vaccines for human testing as relations between the US and China continue to deteriorate. The WHO is an important link between medical research in China and the US, a link that should not be broken regardless of Trump's problems with China.

WHO is not just about corona virus, but about all world health. Just because China is "leading" researcher in that field, doesn't give them control over WHO, and WHO rhetoric.
My point is the WHO is a conduit between the US and China that we will need. Trump's tariffs wars with China and now his attempt to blame China for the pandemic is creating a break between the US and China at the worst possible time. Not only do with need research from China on the virus but we are going to need their Medical Equipment and Supplies manufacturing as America struggles with the virus. They can produce in huge qualities exactly what we need. If one of the two vaccines they have in human testing turns out to be successful, we're going need that too. This is no time for the blame game and trying to force China to change it's wicked ways.
Flop, you keep MISSING THE POINT. The problem IN THE FIRST PLACE is that we need China so much for anything. Corrupt politicians and greedy capitalists put us in that stupid position and now we are paying for that dependence. Trump is getting us out of it. There are no good times to rip a bandage off your arm, but the longer you leave it on, the more it is going to hurt.

There is nothing that China produce that we cannot produce in US. It could take some time, 6 months to a year, max, but we can do it.

It doesn't necessarily have to be cheaper, because tariffs would increase price of Chinese product anyways. We have to end dependency on China on at least strategic production: medical equipment, drugs, communications, some manufacturing. And we have to protect our intellectual property, which they have no respect for.

And they will. Along with influence.

Is that a good thing?
Influence at the WHO? Seems like the Chinese already have the ear of the top people there and are
getting their way right now. Let them pay for it then.

Trump has long been trying to cut funding to WHO and other international organizations.

What people don’t realize is along with funding comes a great deal of influence, including with WHO.

What are going to do when TrumpAmerica suddenly decides they don’t like something and the international community says “so what”?
So you admit you want to buy friends?

I am not a nation.
But you obviously think buying friends is the way to go!
Buying friends is preferable to shooting enemies in my book. Even the Romans understood that concept.

That is fine but when dealing with Barbarians ( China ) at the gate sometimes you can not buy them and will have to fight with them.

The issue is if the upper management of the WHO is owned by the Chinese then defunding is necessary seeing we are wasting money on a organization that will help our enemy hide their criminal activity.

I am not for defunding but I also am not happy with the WHO handling of this either and no you can nor blame Trump for WHO leadership mistake.

Hate to say this but we are heading to war with China and boys and girls you better understand if this happens we ( U.S. ) may not win, so make sure the enemies we make with the defunding is worth it...
The enemies you make by defunding? Try everyone. You are not hurting the Chinese at all by defunding you are giving the Chinese the opportunity to jump into a power vacuum.

And for the 3rd time. What do you access the WHO could have done differently? I've posed it to other people. You guys are asserting the WHO did something wrong so you should have no problem stating what they should have done.

First off China already has power of the WHO!

Second the WHO mistakes were saying that the virus could not be contracted from human to human, so let be clear they should have never said that but because China own the heads of the WHO mean they dictated what was going to be said.

Finally, China is our enemy and if you believe they are not then you are naive and most likely believe Trump had the U.S. unleash the virus in China!
That's what the democrats told the Chinese. It started with a New York times op ed blaming Trump. Those two have been working together all along.

This is incredibly short sighted on so many fronts.

For example, every time we withdraw our presence from world organizations, we give space to China to come in and exert it’s influence. We cut back on charitable funding or actions that internationally, China ups it, one of these days you are going to wonder how in the hell China got to be so powerful?

What good is funding organizations when the chinese control them? How about we get the other western powers to pull out and start an organization that isn't controlled by an enemy of the U.S. and the West....how about that?

China cannot jump into power vacuum, because they're already there. Question is, why China have so much power over WHO when they're providing less funding to WHO than US, Japan, or EU?
It has nothing to do with funding and everything to do with the fact that China is leading the world in Coronavirus research. Coronviruses which infected both humans and animals began in China in 2002. China has remained the heart of the research now for almost 20 years. Most of what we know about the virus comes from China. China has just approved two Coronavirus vaccines for human testing as relations between the US and China continue to deteriorate. The WHO is an important link between medical research in China and the US, a link that should not be broken regardless of Trump's problems with China.

Why do you asshats insist on carrying water for an authoritarian communist regime?

There is literally nothing they are doing that we cannot do ourselves. Fuck China.

WHO is not just about corona virus, but about all world health. Just because China is "leading" researcher in that field, doesn't give them control over WHO, and WHO rhetoric.
My point is the WHO is a conduit between the US and China that we will need. Trump's tariffs wars with China and now his attempt to blame China for the pandemic is creating a break between the US and China at the worst possible time. Not only do with need research from China on the virus but we are going to need their Medical Equipment and Supplies manufacturing as America struggles with the virus. They can produce in huge qualities exactly what we need. If one of the two vaccines they have in human testing turns out to be successful, we're going need that too. This is no time for the blame game and trying to force China to change it's wicked ways.

Good! China has been taking advantage of US. Trump will bleed them and use them to our advantage. 'That's why he is President and will be after the next election! No more cowtowing to
China. They will have to pay......And they will because Trump will MAKE them pay. They will comply like good little china men do.

What I find interesting is that the liberals are giving WHO a pass for not verifying in a timely manner,
but, hold Trumps feet to the fire for not doing something much earlier. Where's does the grace begin and end people?

I think you asked a very good question but let's turn it around a bit.

What I find interesting if "The Party of Rump"ers are giving Rump a pass for his Hoax and not doing what he should have done for 3 friggin months and he still is trying to find ways to beak the isolation but no one is really listening to him these days but you want to burn WHO to the ground for the same thing.

How about let's put the Who's feet to the fire and fire Rump.
I don't think Trump would use a cookie cutter approach....one size fits all.
Different states have different results with this pandemic. Not sure any Gov want to wait until there are no more cases.
At some point you have to get started again, or get rid of the US and start your brand new country a brand new economy
from the ground up. I'm sorry you give some of these state government officials a full pass for creating an even worse outbreak
in their communities.

I saw a map for the worst areas for Covid-19. It's no longer California. It's still the upper East coast but what was surprising was that GA, LA, and Alabama are just as per capita saturated as NYC is. It appears that the Virus doesn't bother checking first where you live or what your Political affiliations are. The main difference is, the upper East Coast has peaked and slowly going down while the bottom East Coast and Gulf states are increasing. Why?

They followed Rump's advice and disregarded Pence and the rest and continued to party on. There are still a handful of States that refuse to put out isolation orders because they still think it's a hoax or that it's bypassed them. These are all Republican ran States. And they are lower population states in comparison. In LA, it's hit the Rurals very, very hard now. Between the Beaches and Madegra, it's a wide spread pandemic with no end in sight. And some of these Red Governors are ready to open things up too soon.

Yes, we need a wall. We need a Wall to keep those Red Controlled States from coming West and North. Equip it with machine gun towers and shoot to kill orders. That wall would cost a lot less than the Mexican Wall and be much more effective in protecting the rest of America. Then we should not wait for those states to cecede, just kick them out since they are an economic and health drain on the rest of America. You can go move there. But remember, that gate swings just one way.

Trump suspends funding to WHO pending review over handling of coronavirus

Well we know what platform Trump is running on for re-election, BLAME EVERYONE. Blame opponents, blame WHO, blame China, blame local government, blame, blame, blame. Because in the last four years Trump has devastated America, achieved nothing, done nothing, caused damage, and gave the rich a Trillion dollar tax cut.

What I find interesting is that the liberals are giving WHO a pass for not verifying in a timely manner,
but, hold Trumps feet to the fire for not doing something much earlier. Where's does the grace begin and end people?

I think you asked a very good question but let's turn it around a bit.

What I find interesting if "The Party of Rump"ers are giving Rump a pass for his Hoax and not doing what he should have done for 3 friggin months and he still is trying to find ways to beak the isolation but no one is really listening to him these days but you want to burn WHO to the ground for the same thing.

How about let's put the Who's feet to the fire and fire Rump.
Keep Trump and fire you.

They can't fire me. I quit the Government decades ago and they pay me to stay away. Maybe Rump can learn from that lesson.

Dude this is a dupe thread. You're like a day late. You really should read a few of the thread titles before posting. At least in the section of the forum you post it in.

Why do you asshats insist on carrying water for an authoritarian communist regime?

There is literally nothing they are doing that we cannot do ourselves. Fuck China.

Another case of "Hey, look over there".

Good! China has been taking advantage of US. Trump will bleed them and use them to our advantage. 'That's why he is President and will be after the next election! No more cowtowing to
China. They will have to pay......And they will because Trump will MAKE them pay. They will comply like good little china men do.

And Mexico is paying for the wall.

In the middle of a world pandemic.

Brilliant.

Not.

The WHO intentionally caused the Kung Flu to spread. Is the WHO all democrat Deep State? Well the head of it was a filthy, Kenyan terrorist. Sure sounds like a relative of Barry Hussaine actually! And it is a "pandemic" that is less lethal than the seasonal flu. The fake news hype got ya apparently.

And tou can keep tour doctor
And Mexico is paying for the wall.
And you can keep your doctor

Why are you Trumpettes blaming WHO for Trump's failures?

Organizations like WHO were formed to gather worldwide resources for important issues like health & pandemics. Now you wasnt the US to do this by themselves or are you so fucking stupid you don't care what happens in other countries.

Forum List

Back