Trump supporters: What do you think of this information?

Oh my, you mean you don’t like the former President? Shocked I tell ya…
1658679550265.png

:laughing0301:

The press has been utterly corrupt. Calling them out on their bad behavior is a good thing.

Still stuck on hatin' on the press, eh?

Well, the press I read...including (I confess) the obits, the weather page (used to love Tom Skilling's weather page in the Chicago Tribune)....seems pretty OK to me.

Of course, me, like most everybody leans towards their local paper just to know what's happening in town (I've seen so little "corruption" in the reporters or the reporting of my local small city paper. I'm blessed, I guess.)....and then nationally I 'graze' a whole bunch of papers, chief among them the WSJ, NYT, WaPo, Chicaogo Trib. And of course the "press" of the interweb newsites...The Hill, Politico, 538, Real Clear Politics, etc.

I may just be a rube from the farm but I really don't see all that "utter corruption" that the good poster Correll sees everywhere.
Maybe I am just fortunate enough to live in a better neighborhood?

I dunno.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, IT, elections have consequences. One of them being the majority party in the House gets to choose which issues are subject to hearings, and they get to choose the Chairperson, other assignments are per rules long established. In this particular case, the Select Committee on J6, those rules were spurned by Kevin McCarthy (which, by the way, he has been severely criticized by DonT. for doing so. (Trump said it was a 'foolish' decision for the GOP to not be represented on the January 6 panel. He and Republican lawmakers rejected a bipartisan commission last year. ).

The House had voted to investigate whadahell happened on J6....the machinations leading to it, the event itself, and the players who played a role in it. And a Committee was announced with bi-partisan seats per long established rules for it. McCarthy rejected it in a tactical move so to claim "non-partisan". Strategically that has come back to bite him, and DonT. As DonT noted in the above link.

More important tho than IT's shrilling about 'biased' and 'political' is the perception by the American public.
To wit: "Six in 10 Americans also believe the committee is conducting a fair and impartial investigation, according to the poll."

In the current state of political polarization in America.....hell, at most any time, over most any topic in America......a 60% approval rating is pretty darn good. Clearly, what the committee is doing in their measured demeanor, careful exhibition of witnesses, testimony, and documentation is resonating in America.

And, as posted in another thread, it has resonated with Rupert Murdoch's American publications. Both the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post published editorial board opinions highly critical of DonT. And asserted he is not fit to lead America again.

So there is that.
I disagree with how the House was set up, giving them limitless powers and the ability to abuse those powers for political gain by a simple vote of 218-217 and I mean that for BOTH sides. However, don't expect me to cry much when Republicans take over and shove all of this right back in the Democrat's faces. Our country is going downhill fast because both sides, instead of trying to run the country, do these expensive politically biased self serving investigations in order to attack the other side. It's got to stop.

Go ahead. I don't support any of those riots.

You guys support what these rioters and Trump did.
They desperately try to equate the riots with the insurrection, since that's what MAGA media does.

Maybe it's ignorance, maybe it's denial, maybe it's delusion, maybe it's some combination therein.

Regardless, it's weak.

They desperately try to equate the riots with the insurrection, since that's what MAGA media does.

Maybe it's ignorance, maybe it's denial, maybe it's delusion, maybe it's some combination therein.

Regardless, it's weak.
Partisans see "the other side does it too" as a valid excuse for pretty much anything.

The attack on the Capitol lasted 187 minutes. Trump is guilty.
The Floyd rioting lasted 4 months with over a billion in destruction, burning, and thefts. 700 officers were injured. The Liberals did nothing to punish those involved in those 4 months and let out most on the Kamala supported Bail Fund. Biden is guility of saying nothing for 12 weeks.

The Floyd rioting lasted 4 months with over a billion in destruction, burning, and thefts. 700 officers were injured. The Liberals did nothing to punish those involved in those 4 months and let out most on the Kamala supported Bail Fund. Biden is guility of saying nothing for 12 weeks.
Literally 10s of 1000s were arrested.

As for your other horseshit:

One of the many shared behaviors of the ends of the spectrum.

Degree doesn't matter. If it exists at all, it's grounds for deflection.
I don't even care about degree. If the best you can say for your candidate is, "not as bad as the other guy", you lose.

Still stuck on hatin' on the press, eh?

Well, the press I read...including (I confess) the obits, the weather page (used to love Tom Skilling's weather page in the Chicago Tribune)....seems pretty OK to me.

Of course, me, like most everybody leans towards their local paper just to know what's happening in town (I've seen so little "corruption" in the reporters or the reporting of my local small city paper. I'm blessed, I guess.)....and then nationally I 'graze' a whole bunch of papers, chief among them the WSJ, NYT, WaPo, Chicaogo Trib. And of course the "press" of the interweb newsites...The Hill, Politico, 538, Real Clear Politics, etc.

I may just be a rube from the farm but I really don't see all that "utter corruption" that the good poster Correll sees everywhere.
Maybe I am just fortunate enough to live in a better neighborhood?

I dunno.

Nope. YOu are a partisan zealot, who is happy to see this nation go down in flames, if it means your side wins.

Go ahead. I don't support any of those riots.

You guys support what these rioters and Trump did.

1. Most libs do support those riots.

2. Most republicans do not support the 1/6 riot.

That you have to lie, is you admitting that you know are the bad guy.

Forum List

Back