Trump threatens parasites

The government shouldn't be funding insurance, what a fucking racket.
The government shouldn't be funding dick.
Agreed.....why should we 'replace' it anyhow? why not just 'repeal' the law and let the market decide.....although we could change a few laws to make the market freer and less burdened by lawsuits....

The only funding of health care I agree with is a high risk pool run by the states for those who are born with pre-existing conditions or those who get cancer or something that would bankrupt even a wealthy or well off person.

Considering their income, they should not be subsidized. Obama made that arrangement for them to bribe people to vote for Obamacare.

It's one of the reasons by the way that The Left won't vote to repeal it, because they will lose their subsidy.

You don't even get that this is the main reason why insurers are pulling out of the exchanges, do you?
It's hard to set up shop and plan for the next year when you constantly have Republicans threatening to pull the rug out from under you.

The ACA is not failing. It's being undermined.

The exchanges were failing way before Trump.

They were failing because it was based on young healthy people getting insurance.

Young healthy people would rather buy anything else.

No. The uncertainty is killing it.
Insurers aren't going to invest in markets under the constant threat of repeal.

Major Obamacare insurer pulls out of Ohio, leaving big gaps in coverage

"In its decision to leave the state's exchange, Anthem cited lack of certainty around billions of dollars in federal payments that help reduce out-of-pocket costs for lower-income Americans. It also pointed to "an increasing lack of overall predictability."

As part of the Affordable Care Act, the federal government pays billions of dollars to insurers to help lower-income Americans cover their deductibles and out-of-pocket health-care costs. The Trump administration has not been clear about whether it will continue making those payments next year, as they're tied up in an ongoing legal challenge."
before i dive in here - are you saying that the biggest reason insurance companies are pulling out is ...

trump?

i just want to be clear here what you are saying before i respond.

Republicans.
The uncertainty caused by the constant threat of repeal.

I hope he does this. These parasites shouldn't be subsidized.

If they can't afford it tough they should get a real job. This might drain the swamp better than any other idea Trump had.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/31/trump-threatens-to-cut-insurance-subsidies-again/

You really are a compassionate person. What you are saying is drop dead to low income people. Even Ronald Reagan said no one should be prevented from getting medical care because they can't afford it.

You don't even get that this is the main reason why insurers are pulling out of the exchanges, do you?
It's hard to set up shop and plan for the next year when you constantly have Republicans threatening to pull the rug out from under you.

They were failing because it was based on young healthy people getting insurance.

They had some problems but Trump is causing more problems. The public wants it fixed not replaced.

The government shouldn't be funding insurance, what a fucking racket.
The government shouldn't be funding dick.

The government has funded insurance. Under the old TAA bill, the government paid a refundable tax credit that could be used on a monthly basis or at the end of the year.

If they can't afford it tough they should get a real job. This might drain the swamp better than any other idea Trump had.

A Republican President signed the bill that mandated healthcare for every single individual in the country.....legal or otherwise.

"The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)[1] is an act of the United States Congress, passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospital Emergency Departments that accept payments from Medicare to provide an appropriate medical screening examination (MSE) to individuals seeking treatment for a medical condition, regardless of citizenship, legal status, or ability to pay. "
Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act - Wikipedia

I mean, really.....how stupid do you have to be to be a Liberal????
Or....are you the bottom of that barrel?
Great.
Now WITF does that have to do with the Republican threats to repeal the ACA?

How can insurers invest in cultivating market opportunities if they don't know if the rules will change on the whim of Republicans and cost them a fortune?

"In its decision to leave the state's exchange, Anthem cited lack of certainty around billions of dollars in federal payments that help reduce out-of-pocket costs for lower-income Americans. It also pointed to "an increasing lack of overall predictability."

As part of the Affordable Care Act, the federal government pays billions of dollars to insurers to help lower-income Americans cover their deductibles and out-of-pocket health-care costs. The Trump administration has not been clear about whether it will continue making those payments next year, as they're tied up in an ongoing legal challenge."
before i dive in here - are you saying that the biggest reason insurance companies are pulling out is ...

trump?

Republicans.
Well that didn't help.

trump?

Republicans.
Well that didn't help.

I answered your question.

Why would insurers invest in new or existing markets under a constant threat of repeal?

You really are a compassionate person. What you are saying is drop dead to low income people. Even Ronald Reagan said no one should be prevented from getting medical care because they can't afford it.

These bureaucrats don't care when they regulate companies out of business so if they "drop dead" I am not going to lose any sleep. Actually I might sleep better knowing they dropped dead.

They had some problems but Trump is causing more problems. The public wants it fixed not replaced.

Then why did Trump win on repeal and replace?

trump?

Republicans.
Well that didn't help.

Why would insurers invest in new or existing markets under a constant threat of repeal?
it's a stupid question. the insurers have been bailing for years yet you ignore those to put it all on trump.

from an overall lifecycle standpoint you can't do that. if you hate trump, you'll twist anything to be anti-trump and his fault.

you know - headlines like this from 2016 - before trump was even a consideration:
Obamacare Is in Trouble
Last November, when UnitedHealth Group said it expected to post big losses on its Obamacare policies in 2016, rivals such as Anthem and Aetna signaled their Affordable Care Act businesses were doing fine. The Obama administration used that as evidence to refute claims that systemic problems were brewing in its landmark insurance program.

Now, there’s no denying it. The four biggest U.S. health insurers admit they’re each losing hundreds of millions of dollars on their Obamacare plans. Rather than expand coverage, many are pulling out of the exchanges that were set up by the ACA so people can shop for insurance plans, often with the help of government subsidies.
----
at best here it's mixed. some doing ok with it, others not. i'm sure here you blame those not doing well so you can pile on trump now.

Iowa’s Largest Insurer Says It Will Withdraw From Obamacare Exchanges
recent - however no mention of it being because of trump, but because of cost. spin this one, doc.

More Than a Million People on Obamacare Could Lose Their Insurance Plans
million people to lose insurance cause major insurers are dropping out

if you want to address this - then don't funnel all issues on this to trump. it's intellectually dishonest and you know that.

trump?

Republicans.
Well that didn't help.

it's a stupid question. the insurers have been bailing for years yet you ignore those to put it all on trump.

from an overall lifecycle standpoint you can't do that. if you hate trump, you'll twist anything to be anti-trump and his fault.

you know - headlines like this from 2016 - before trump was even a consideration:
Obamacare Is in Trouble
Last November, when UnitedHealth Group said it expected to post big losses on its Obamacare policies in 2016, rivals such as Anthem and Aetna signaled their Affordable Care Act businesses were doing fine. The Obama administration used that as evidence to refute claims that systemic problems were brewing in its landmark insurance program.

Now, there’s no denying it. The four biggest U.S. health insurers admit they’re each losing hundreds of millions of dollars on their Obamacare plans. Rather than expand coverage, many are pulling out of the exchanges that were set up by the ACA so people can shop for insurance plans, often with the help of government subsidies.
----
at best here it's mixed. some doing ok with it, others not. i'm sure here you blame those not doing well so you can pile on trump now.

recent - however no mention of it being because of trump, but because of cost. spin this one, doc.

if you want to address this - then don't funnel all issues on this to trump. it's intellectually dishonest and you know that.

it's a stupid question.

It was your question. :laugh2:

They've been calling for repeal since the beginning.

A Republican President signed the bill that mandated healthcare for every single individual in the country.....legal or otherwise.

"The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)[1] is an act of the United States Congress, passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospital Emergency Departments that accept payments from Medicare to provide an appropriate medical screening examination (MSE) to individuals seeking treatment for a medical condition, regardless of citizenship, legal status, or ability to pay. "

Great.

How can insurers invest in cultivating market opportunities if they don't know if the rules will change on the whim of Republicans and cost them a fortune?

"....WITF does that have to do with the Republican threats to repeal the ACA?"

Gads, you're a moron.

There was never a need for ObamaCare.
Reagan solved the problem in '86.

But...the Left expected the brain-dead, you, to fall right in line and turn over 17% of GDP to big government.

And, you jumped right through the hoop.
Did they give you a doggie treat????

BTW.....prior to ObamaCare, the US had the best healthcare in the world, as proven by the polls:

Quinnipiac University, Sept. 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 54 percent very satisfied, 34 percent somewhat.Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

Quinnipiac University, June 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 49 percent very satisfied, 36 somewhat satisfied.Total: 85 percent satisfaction.

ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. "For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. ... Your health insurance coverage." 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 81 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2009. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 21 percent extremely satisfied, 37 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. "For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. ... Your health insurance coverage." 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 81 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." 31 percent extremely satisfied, 41 percent very satisfied, 23 somewhat satisfied. Total: 95 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Overall satisfaction with my health (insurance) care plan." 23 percent extremely satisfied, 38 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 91 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2008. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 17 percent extremely satisfied, 36 percent very satisfied, 33 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 86 percent satisfaction.

If you average these eight scores, the total rate of satisfaction is 87 percent. In all but one poll, the satisfaction level was below Will's stated level of 95 percent.

One poll, taken five months before Obama was inaugurated, did come up with 95 percent satisfaction. But alone among these eight polls, that survey asked participants about the "quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." While we decided that the wording was close enough to merit inclusion on our list, the modest difference in satisfaction levels may stem from the way the question was phrased. Many people feel more warmly toward their doctors than they do toward their insurers.

So, while one poll with unique wording pegged satisfaction at 95 percent, the average of all relevant polls over a two-year period was eight points lower than what Will cited. However, Will is correct that the levels of satisfaction with one's own health insurance are consistently high. Indeed, they're extraordinarily high, when one considers how rarely surveys find such high levels of agreement among Americans. Since Will portrayed the larger point accurately, even while modestly overstating the number, we rate his comment Mostly True.

Will says that 95 percent of people with health insurance are satisfied with it

Now....can we agree that you are a moron, and exactly what the Democrats want?

trump?

Republicans.
Well that didn't help.

Obamacare Is in Trouble

----

it's a stupid question.

so - it was passed, and the right has been calling for a repeal since the beginning and since they were calling for a repeal are the reason insurers are bailing.

oooook

I thank God every day that Trump was elected. He has sense!

Check this out!

The White House

Instagram post by President Donald J. Trump • Jul 26, 2017 at 5:09pm UTC

42D870F500000578-0-image-a-3_1501504848398.jpg

Great.

"....WITF does that have to do with the Republican threats to repeal the ACA?"

Gads, you're a moron.

There was never a need for ObamaCare.
Reagan solved the problem in '86.

But...the Left expected the brain-dead, you, to fall right in line and turn over 17% of GDP to big government.

And, you jumped right through the hoop.
Did they give you a doggie treat????

BTW.....prior to ObamaCare, the US had the best healthcare in the world, as proven by the polls:

Quinnipiac University, Sept. 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 54 percent very satisfied, 34 percent somewhat.Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

Quinnipiac University, June 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 49 percent very satisfied, 36 somewhat satisfied.Total: 85 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2009. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 21 percent extremely satisfied, 37 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." 31 percent extremely satisfied, 41 percent very satisfied, 23 somewhat satisfied. Total: 95 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Overall satisfaction with my health (insurance) care plan." 23 percent extremely satisfied, 38 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 91 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2008. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 17 percent extremely satisfied, 36 percent very satisfied, 33 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 86 percent satisfaction.

If you average these eight scores, the total rate of satisfaction is 87 percent. In all but one poll, the satisfaction level was below Will's stated level of 95 percent.

One poll, taken five months before Obama was inaugurated, did come up with 95 percent satisfaction. But alone among these eight polls, that survey asked participants about the "quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." While we decided that the wording was close enough to merit inclusion on our list, the modest difference in satisfaction levels may stem from the way the question was phrased. Many people feel more warmly toward their doctors than they do toward their insurers.

So, while one poll with unique wording pegged satisfaction at 95 percent, the average of all relevant polls over a two-year period was eight points lower than what Will cited. However, Will is correct that the levels of satisfaction with one's own health insurance are consistently high. Indeed, they're extraordinarily high, when one considers how rarely surveys find such high levels of agreement among Americans. Since Will portrayed the larger point accurately, even while modestly overstating the number, we rate his comment Mostly True.

Will says that 95 percent of people with health insurance are satisfied with it

Now....can we agree that you are a moron, and exactly what the Democrats want?

Gads, you're a moron.

There was never a need for ObamaCa

You are a moron indeed. EMTALA is what causes the explosive growth in cost.

Republicans.
Well that didn't help.

Obamacare Is in Trouble

----

it's a stupid question.

so - it was passed, and the right has been calling for a repeal since the beginning and since they were calling for a repeal are the reason insurers are bailing.

oooook

Why would the insurers invest in markets when one party has vowed to destroy those markets?

Fortunately they weren't able to but it wasn't for a lack of trying. How should insurers plan for 2018 open enrollment? Should they go out and cultivate new markets or circle their wagons and wait and see what happens?

Well that didn't help.

Obamacare Is in Trouble

----

it's a stupid question.

oooook

Why would the insurers invest in markets when one party has vowed to destroy those markets?

Fortunately they weren't able to but it wasn't for a lack of trying. How should insurers plan for 2018 open enrollment? Should they go out and cultivate new markets or circle their wagons and wait and see what happens?
again you keep ignoring the fact that insurance companies were bailing before trump was running.

but that's fine. you're blinders are on so i'm out.

Obamacare Is in Trouble

----

it's a stupid question.

oooook

again you keep ignoring the fact that insurance companies were bailing before trump was running.

but that's fine. you're blinders are on so i'm out.

Again, you ignore that "repeal and replace" didn't start with Trump.

How is the ACA supposed to work as intended in that climate?

the gop controls all 3 branches...why no repeal yet? what are they waiting for? where is their plan?

Forum List

Back