Trump threatens parasites

it's a stupid question. the insurers have been bailing for years yet you ignore those to put it all on trump.

from an overall lifecycle standpoint you can't do that. if you hate trump, you'll twist anything to be anti-trump and his fault.

you know - headlines like this from 2016 - before trump was even a consideration:
Obamacare Is in Trouble
Last November, when UnitedHealth Group said it expected to post big losses on its Obamacare policies in 2016, rivals such as Anthem and Aetna signaled their Affordable Care Act businesses were doing fine. The Obama administration used that as evidence to refute claims that systemic problems were brewing in its landmark insurance program.

Now, there’s no denying it. The four biggest U.S. health insurers admit they’re each losing hundreds of millions of dollars on their Obamacare plans. Rather than expand coverage, many are pulling out of the exchanges that were set up by the ACA so people can shop for insurance plans, often with the help of government subsidies.
----
at best here it's mixed. some doing ok with it, others not. i'm sure here you blame those not doing well so you can pile on trump now.

Iowa’s Largest Insurer Says It Will Withdraw From Obamacare Exchanges
recent - however no mention of it being because of trump, but because of cost. spin this one, doc.

More Than a Million People on Obamacare Could Lose Their Insurance Plans
million people to lose insurance cause major insurers are dropping out

if you want to address this - then don't funnel all issues on this to trump. it's intellectually dishonest and you know that.

it's a stupid question.

It was your question. :laugh2:

They've been calling for repeal since the beginning.

so - it was passed, and the right has been calling for a repeal since the beginning and since they were calling for a repeal are the reason insurers are bailing.

oooook

Why would the insurers invest in markets when one party has vowed to destroy those markets?

Fortunately they weren't able to but it wasn't for a lack of trying. How should insurers plan for 2018 open enrollment? Should they go out and cultivate new markets or circle their wagons and wait and see what happens?
again you keep ignoring the fact that insurance companies were bailing before trump was running.

but that's fine. you're blinders are on so i'm out.

Again, you ignore that "repeal and replace" didn't start with Trump.

How is the ACA supposed to work as intended in that climate?
how is trump supposed to work in this one?

maybe we should quit treating each other like that.

You really are a compassionate person. What you are saying is drop dead to low income people. Even Ronald Reagan said no one should be prevented from getting medical care because they can't afford it.

These bureaucrats don't care when they regulate companies out of business so if they "drop dead" I am not going to lose any sleep. Actually I might sleep better knowing they dropped dead.

They had some problems but Trump is causing more problems. The public wants it fixed not replaced.

Then why did Trump win on repeal and replace?

Trump didn't win on repeal and replace. He won because he wasn't Hillary Clinton. Obamacare has become more popular as Republicans talked about repeal.

I sincerely hope you do drop dead.

I hope he does this. These parasites shouldn't be subsidized.

If they can't afford it tough they should get a real job. This might drain the swamp better than any other idea Trump had.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/31/trump-threatens-to-cut-insurance-subsidies-again/

You don't even get that this is the main reason why insurers are pulling out of the exchanges, do you?
It's hard to set up shop and plan for the next year when you constantly have Republicans threatening to pull the rug out from under you.

The ACA is not failing. It's being undermined.

A Republican President signed the bill that mandated healthcare for every single individual in the country.....legal or otherwise.

"The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)[1] is an act of the United States Congress, passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospital Emergency Departments that accept payments from Medicare to provide an appropriate medical screening examination (MSE) to individuals seeking treatment for a medical condition, regardless of citizenship, legal status, or ability to pay. "
Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act - Wikipedia

I mean, really.....how stupid do you have to be to be a Liberal????
Or....are you the bottom of that barrel?
Great.
Now WITF does that have to do with the Republican threats to repeal the ACA?

How can insurers invest in cultivating market opportunities if they don't know if the rules will change on the whim of Republicans and cost them a fortune?

"....WITF does that have to do with the Republican threats to repeal the ACA?"

Gads, you're a moron.

There was never a need for ObamaCare.
Reagan solved the problem in '86.

But...the Left expected the brain-dead, you, to fall right in line and turn over 17% of GDP to big government.

And, you jumped right through the hoop.
Did they give you a doggie treat????

BTW.....prior to ObamaCare, the US had the best healthcare in the world, as proven by the polls:

Quinnipiac University, Sept. 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 54 percent very satisfied, 34 percent somewhat.Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

Quinnipiac University, June 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 49 percent very satisfied, 36 somewhat satisfied.Total: 85 percent satisfaction.

ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. "For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. ... Your health insurance coverage." 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 81 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2009. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 21 percent extremely satisfied, 37 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. "For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. ... Your health insurance coverage." 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 81 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." 31 percent extremely satisfied, 41 percent very satisfied, 23 somewhat satisfied. Total: 95 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Overall satisfaction with my health (insurance) care plan." 23 percent extremely satisfied, 38 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 91 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2008. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 17 percent extremely satisfied, 36 percent very satisfied, 33 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 86 percent satisfaction.

If you average these eight scores, the total rate of satisfaction is 87 percent. In all but one poll, the satisfaction level was below Will's stated level of 95 percent.

One poll, taken five months before Obama was inaugurated, did come up with 95 percent satisfaction. But alone among these eight polls, that survey asked participants about the "quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." While we decided that the wording was close enough to merit inclusion on our list, the modest difference in satisfaction levels may stem from the way the question was phrased. Many people feel more warmly toward their doctors than they do toward their insurers.

So, while one poll with unique wording pegged satisfaction at 95 percent, the average of all relevant polls over a two-year period was eight points lower than what Will cited. However, Will is correct that the levels of satisfaction with one's own health insurance are consistently high. Indeed, they're extraordinarily high, when one considers how rarely surveys find such high levels of agreement among Americans. Since Will portrayed the larger point accurately, even while modestly overstating the number, we rate his comment Mostly True.

Will says that 95 percent of people with health insurance are satisfied with it

Now....can we agree that you are a moron, and exactly what the Democrats want?

There was a problem. The fact was that you had millions of people who had no insurance so when they went to the emergency room to seek care, those costs were being passed on to people who had insurance. That is why you had skyrocketing insurance costs. Worth noting that Heritage's plan had many similarities to Obamacare. It featured a mandate to buy insurance and refundable tax credits.

The fact is that Republicans have had 7 years to come up with a idea to replace Obamacare. Yet the Republican plan was to kick people off of their insurance plans.

What the fuck is an "exchange?" I buy and sell stocks on the "stock exchange." What was the purpose of the authors of ObamaCare including that concept, that you can buy and sell medical insurance policies? And yes, stop with "health" as a descriptive for medical insurance since health is a lifestyle and not a function of dangerous drugs and risky operations.

I thank God every day that Trump was elected. He has sense!

Check this out!

The White House

Instagram post by President Donald J. Trump • Jul 26, 2017 at 5:09pm UTC

42D870F500000578-0-image-a-3_1501504848398.jpg

Trump is a idiot and a conman. It shows how gulli-bull you are.

Trump wants to hurt millions of low income people who now have insurance. He wants to hurt people who have pre-existing conditions whose rates would skyrocket. He wants to hurt old people who would be paying thousands more for their insurance. You are one of those people who have yours and anyone else should drop dead.

With Senate leadership saying they're moving on to tax reform, Trump needs to make good on his threat or risk being viewed as a paper tiger.

If they can't afford it tough they should get a real job. This might drain the swamp better than any other idea Trump had.

You don't even get that this is the main reason why insurers are pulling out of the exchanges, do you?
It's hard to set up shop and plan for the next year when you constantly have Republicans threatening to pull the rug out from under you.

A Republican President signed the bill that mandated healthcare for every single individual in the country.....legal or otherwise.

"The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)[1] is an act of the United States Congress, passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospital Emergency Departments that accept payments from Medicare to provide an appropriate medical screening examination (MSE) to individuals seeking treatment for a medical condition, regardless of citizenship, legal status, or ability to pay. "

Great.

How can insurers invest in cultivating market opportunities if they don't know if the rules will change on the whim of Republicans and cost them a fortune?

Gads, you're a moron.

But...the Left expected the brain-dead, you, to fall right in line and turn over 17% of GDP to big government.

BTW.....prior to ObamaCare, the US had the best healthcare in the world, as proven by the polls:

Quinnipiac University, Sept. 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 54 percent very satisfied, 34 percent somewhat.Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

Quinnipiac University, June 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 49 percent very satisfied, 36 somewhat satisfied.Total: 85 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2009. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 21 percent extremely satisfied, 37 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." 31 percent extremely satisfied, 41 percent very satisfied, 23 somewhat satisfied. Total: 95 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Overall satisfaction with my health (insurance) care plan." 23 percent extremely satisfied, 38 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 91 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2008. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 17 percent extremely satisfied, 36 percent very satisfied, 33 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 86 percent satisfaction.

If you average these eight scores, the total rate of satisfaction is 87 percent. In all but one poll, the satisfaction level was below Will's stated level of 95 percent.

One poll, taken five months before Obama was inaugurated, did come up with 95 percent satisfaction. But alone among these eight polls, that survey asked participants about the "quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." While we decided that the wording was close enough to merit inclusion on our list, the modest difference in satisfaction levels may stem from the way the question was phrased. Many people feel more warmly toward their doctors than they do toward their insurers.

So, while one poll with unique wording pegged satisfaction at 95 percent, the average of all relevant polls over a two-year period was eight points lower than what Will cited. However, Will is correct that the levels of satisfaction with one's own health insurance are consistently high. Indeed, they're extraordinarily high, when one considers how rarely surveys find such high levels of agreement among Americans. Since Will portrayed the larger point accurately, even while modestly overstating the number, we rate his comment Mostly True.

There was a problem. The fact was that you had millions of people who had no insurance so when they went to the emergency room to seek care, those costs were being passed on to people who had insurance. That is why you had skyrocketing insurance costs. Worth noting that Heritage's plan had many similarities to Obamacare. It featured a mandate to buy insurance and refundable tax credits.

The fact is that Republicans have had 7 years to come up with a idea to replace Obamacare. Yet the Republican plan was to kick people off of their insurance plans.

"That is why you had skyrocketing insurance costs."

Do you parrot every single lie from the DNC???

Except....there weren't.

"The administration has warned that soaring health spending threatens the stability of American families and the economy. These doomsday scenarios are untrue. Health care spending is increasing at more moderate rates than in previous decades. Spending increased 10.5 percent in 1970, 13 percent in 1980, and consistently less than 7 percent in each of the last five years, reaching a low of 6.1 percent a year ago. Each year since 1960, food and energy together have taken up a declining share of Americans' expenditures, while housing has taken up a steady share. This has enabled Americans to spend an increasing share of their budgets on another necessity, healthcare. These four necessities together consume the same share of American spending now (55%) as they did in 1960 (53%). As further evidence, Americans are increasing the share of their spending that goes to recreation. Moderate income families can be helped to buy health coverage with vouchers, refundable tax credits, or debit cards. That's a low risk, "fix what's broken" approach.
Increases in healthcare expenditures:
2003 8.6%
2004 6.9%
2005 6.5%
2006 6.7%
2007 6.1%
Compare to 10.5% in 1970 and 13% in 1980

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/06/08/downgrading-american-medical-c/print

Also: Baldwin Wallace University

Now...you moron.....compare those to actual skyrocketing costs......those endorsed by Liberals: the costs of higher education.
Tuition at private colleges and universities has increased anywhere from 5% to 13% every year since 1980. "
The Cost of a College Education

And for primary and secondary school:
"Based on statistics from the US Department of Education, the average cost of educating a student in elementary and secondary schools has risen from $6,200 in 1991 to $11,000 in 2005 an increase of 85%. "
US Education Market | Entourage Systems Inc.

Can we agree that you are a total imbecile, still supporting ObamaCare which everyone admits is a total failure, and based on nothing but lies.

It was your question. :laugh2:

They've been calling for repeal since the beginning.

so - it was passed, and the right has been calling for a repeal since the beginning and since they were calling for a repeal are the reason insurers are bailing.

oooook

Why would the insurers invest in markets when one party has vowed to destroy those markets?

Fortunately they weren't able to but it wasn't for a lack of trying. How should insurers plan for 2018 open enrollment? Should they go out and cultivate new markets or circle their wagons and wait and see what happens?
again you keep ignoring the fact that insurance companies were bailing before trump was running.

What does that have to do with healthcare?

Great.

Gads, you're a moron.

Except....there weren't.

"The administration has warned that soaring health spending threatens the stability of American families and the economy. These doomsday scenarios are untrue. Health care spending is increasing at more moderate rates than in previous decades. Spending increased 10.5 percent in 1970, 13 percent in 1980, and consistently less than 7 percent in each of the last five years, reaching a low of 6.1 percent a year ago. Each year since 1960, food and energy together have taken up a declining share of Americans' expenditures, while housing has taken up a steady share. This has enabled Americans to spend an increasing share of their budgets on another necessity, healthcare. These four necessities together consume the same share of American spending now (55%) as they did in 1960 (53%). As further evidence, Americans are increasing the share of their spending that goes to recreation. Moderate income families can be helped to buy health coverage with vouchers, refundable tax credits, or debit cards. That's a low risk, "fix what's broken" approach.
2003 8.6%
2004 6.9%
2005 6.5%
2006 6.7%
2007 6.1%

Now...you moron.....compare those to actual skyrocketing costs......those endorsed by Liberals: the costs of higher education.
Tuition at private colleges and universities has increased anywhere from 5% to 13% every year since 1980. "

"Based on statistics from the US Department of Education, the average cost of educating a student in elementary and secondary schools has risen from $6,200 in 1991 to $11,000 in 2005 an increase of 85%. "

Can we agree that you are a total imbecile, still supporting ObamaCare which everyone admits is a total failure, and based on nothing but lies.

It's not from the DNC. If you had even the slightest clue, you would not be making the argument you are. You are hopelessly lost.

Great.

Gads, you're a moron.

Gads, you're a moron.

There was never a need for ObamaCa

You are a moron indeed. EMTALA is what causes the explosive growth in cost.

Also, EMTALA was never really funded resulting in losses for the hospitals and all it really does it make the ER's stabilize you and send you on your way or admit you running up thousands of dollars in medical bills.

Great.

Gads, you're a moron.

Except....there weren't.

2003 8.6%
2004 6.9%
2005 6.5%
2006 6.7%
2007 6.1%

It's not from the DNC. If you had even the slightest clue, you would not be making the argument you are. You are hopelessly lost.

What an insipid post.

Must be your specialty....you provide same with metronomic regularity.

Great plan. Flood the healthcare system with millions of people that can't pay. Then assholes like you will pay through higher medical costs & premiums.

Trump is a fricken idiot. Mr Bluff will get nowhere with that threat.

Great.

Gads, you're a moron.

Gads, you're a moron.

Also, EMTALA was never really funded resulting in losses for the hospitals and all it really does it make the ER's stabilize you and send you on your way or admit you running up thousands of dollars in medical bills.

You're not just an imbecile....a lying imbecile.
You're trying to pretend that the government losing money is any consideration to Leftists???????

"The Federal Government's $146 Billion Obamacare Boo-Boo"
The Federal Government's $146 Billion Obamacare Boo-Boo -- The Motley Fool

"...the exchanges are on the brink of collapse. Major insurers are quitting, premiums are skyrocketing, enrollment is below expectations, and the administration is taking increasingly desperate measures to paper over the problems. By this time next year, the exchanges could be out of business."
Read more at: More Duct Tape Won’t Save Obamacare’s Collapsing Exchanges

"Health-care exchange sign-ups fall far short of forecasts"
Enrollment in the insurance exchanges for President Obama’s signature health-care law is at less than half the initial forecast, pushing several major insurance companies to stop offering health plans in certain markets because of significant financial losses."
Health-care exchange sign-ups fall far short of forecasts

"For 2016, the average deductible for singles for the lowest-cost bronze plan is $5,700, and for families, it is $12,000.

Obamacare is collapsing as health insurance companies continue to withdraw from the exchanges.
Congress will either convert Obamacare into a public plan—such as Medicare for all—or repeal it altogether."
An Insurance Giant Has Rung Obamacare's Death Knell | Diana Furchtgott-Roth

Great plan. Flood the healthcare system with millions of people that can't pay. Then assholes like you will pay through higher medical costs & premiums.

These parasites can afford to pay, but they don't want to. The only difference between us and them is they had a powerful friend.

If these people really can't afford it then they can find another line (maybe even a productive line) off work.

These parasites can afford to pay, but they don't want to. The only difference between us and them is they had a powerful friend.

If these people really can't afford it then they can find another line (maybe even a productive line) off work.

So, why aren't you for the mandate?

oooook

What does that have to do with healthcare?
you always chase your tail in circles when you talk or is this a trolling technique you're specifically pulling on me?

you ask me how the aca is supposed to work like that and i ask how trump is supposed to fix common issues of public opinion TO FIX THAT ISSUE and you duck n run to god knows where.

if we stopped being asses to each other cause they're THE OTHER SIDE then meeting in the middle wouldn't be nearly as difficult and a majority of the issues we face would be resolved if we just worked together.

healthcare included.

but SHIELDS UP all the time won't get us anywhere.

So, why aren't you for the mandate?

First Trump is just talking about just the illegal subsidies that federal workers are getting.

Second I am against all unnecessary force. Unless you are directly hurting someone's body or are stealing from someone then there is a 95% chance I am against government force.

You really are a compassionate person. What you are saying is drop dead to low income people. Even Ronald Reagan said no one should be prevented from getting medical care because they can't afford it.

The exchanges were failing way before Trump.

They were failing because it was based on young healthy people getting insurance.

Young healthy people would rather buy anything else.

They had some problems but Trump is causing more problems. The public wants it fixed not replaced.

The government shouldn't be funding insurance, what a fucking racket.
The government shouldn't be funding dick.

The government has funded insurance. Under the old TAA bill, the government paid a refundable tax credit that could be used on a monthly basis or at the end of the year.

No, the public wants it GONE.
The government SHOULDN'T fund insurance. Just because it happened before doesn't mean it has to happen now.
The ACA is failing, failing, failing...

and insurance doesn't save people. Ask Charlie Gard's parents. Medical care saves people. Insurance gets in the way.

Great.

Gads, you're a moron.

Gads, you're a moron.

You're not just an imbecile....a lying imbecile.
You're trying to pretend that the government losing money is any consideration to Leftists???????

"The Federal Government's $146 Billion Obamacare Boo-Boo"
The Federal Government's $146 Billion Obamacare Boo-Boo -- The Motley Fool

"...the exchanges are on the brink of collapse. Major insurers are quitting, premiums are skyrocketing, enrollment is below expectations, and the administration is taking increasingly desperate measures to paper over the problems. By this time next year, the exchanges could be out of business."
Read more at: More Duct Tape Won’t Save Obamacare’s Collapsing Exchanges

"Health-care exchange sign-ups fall far short of forecasts"
Enrollment in the insurance exchanges for President Obama’s signature health-care law is at less than half the initial forecast, pushing several major insurance companies to stop offering health plans in certain markets because of significant financial losses."
Health-care exchange sign-ups fall far short of forecasts

"For 2016, the average deductible for singles for the lowest-cost bronze plan is $5,700, and for families, it is $12,000.

Obamacare is collapsing as health insurance companies continue to withdraw from the exchanges.
Congress will either convert Obamacare into a public plan—such as Medicare for all—or repeal it altogether."
An Insurance Giant Has Rung Obamacare's Death Knell | Diana Furchtgott-Roth

You're a goddamn idiot who must have been in that welfare line collectingg your cheese and peanut butter while posting on your obamaphone.

Forum List

Back