Trump wants a Soviet Style MILITARY Parade through the streets of Washington DC

Libtards will call this a lie but I never lie. When I came back from nam the MAC flight landed at LAX and in the airport terminal hippies spat on and called me a baby killer when wearing my Navy Blue Dress Uniform. A Marine Major saw that and came running to my side in his dress uniform wanting to kick their ass. I told the Major no because I am going home on leave.

People often want to express themselves but struggle to find the right source of the problem.

We see people directing attacks to people for no reason on forums like this all the time. Some people use terms like "Libtards" and the like.

What, are you suggesting that all Liberals are retards? Well, you'd be wrong and it's a lie to say such a thing. Also saying you never lie when you've just lied, is lie.

Prove it! You assume facts not in evidence. Lib can mean librarian but tard is self-explanatory.

The problem, imho, is that the term "libtard" pops up everytime someone disagrees with a rightwinger.

If you're against a Military Parade ......you're a libtard.

So spending millions on a parade is a fiscally conservative ideal? WTF?
Obama spent billions on building dog parks because "it employed people".

The reality is that Iraq beat ISIS, with some support from us. That's why there were so few US casualties.

You can thank President Obama for that.
Well it was their country....
i think we need about 300 people dressed up as Nancy Pelosi without make-up with those giant 8 foot high heads as part of the show
That will scare the pants of the North Koreans, now the Ruskies I think they are used to babushka's like that...
well if i could be in the parade,,i would dress up as a 12 foot tall "Dick Durbon" and I think we all know,,more or less what that would look like :SMILEW~130:

People often want to express themselves but struggle to find the right source of the problem.

We see people directing attacks to people for no reason on forums like this all the time. Some people use terms like "Libtards" and the like.

What, are you suggesting that all Liberals are retards? Well, you'd be wrong and it's a lie to say such a thing. Also saying you never lie when you've just lied, is lie.

Prove it! You assume facts not in evidence. Lib can mean librarian but tard is self-explanatory.

The problem, imho, is that the term "libtard" pops up everytime someone disagrees with a rightwinger.

That is relevant if you look at wasteful spending based solely on partisan politics. I don't.

Justifying wasteful spending by pointing out other wasteful spending just increases the debt.

Showcase our military and it’s fighting strength. Let them march and be proud again after decades of liberals tearing down the military with PC bullshit.
Trump tells Pentagon to plan a military parade - CNNPolitics
Watch as the rabid Left foams at the mouth claiming the President wants to be like communist military dictatorships. Ha ha. Damn, I'm getting my dime's worth with this President.

I love it!

Why aren't the conservatives fighting against spending millions of tax payer dollars on a senseless display of the military might that the world already knows we possess?

So we can honor the Men and Women in our Armed Forces.
I figure they are worth it,but thats just me.

I am all for honoring them. How about spending millions for veterans affairs? How about actually doing something for those who are serving?

If we are going to spend millions for something, why not spend it on something solid. This is honoring the men & women of our Armed Services like the political photo ops are. It is all show.
As a vet, seeing my fellow vets in distress getting the help they need is much more patriotic than a fleeting parade.

Showcase our military and it’s fighting strength. Let them march and be proud again after decades of liberals tearing down the military with PC bullshit.
Watch as the rabid Left foams at the mouth claiming the President wants to be like communist military dictatorships. Ha ha. Damn, I'm getting my dime's worth with this President.

I love it!

Why aren't the conservatives fighting against spending millions of tax payer dollars on a senseless display of the military might that the world already knows we possess?

I am all for honoring them. How about spending millions for veterans affairs? How about actually doing something for those who are serving?

If we are going to spend millions for something, why not spend it on something solid. This is honoring the men & women of our Armed Services like the political photo ops are. It is all show.
As a vet, seeing my fellow vets in distress getting the help they need is much more patriotic than a fleeting parade.
Luckily it's not a choice between one or the other. My patriotism wants to get them the help they need and honor them with a parade.

The reality is that Iraq beat ISIS, with some support from us. That's why there were so few US casualties.

You can thank President Obama for that.

I’ll thank BO for beating ISIS as soon as you Libs acknowledge and thank Reagan for the destruction of the Soviet Block.
why not have about 100 people dressed up as 8 foot tall Maxine Waters with those giant heads all holding various signs making her look like the dumbest human on earth?

Does anyone here know what tanks do to regular road pavement?

Lol yea and we know what it does to cars

sdut-a-firefighter-jumps-from-what-i-20160824.jpg
hqdefault (1).jpg

I thought parades were stupid when I was a kid and my thoughts haven't changed.

How fucking stupid is it to stand around just to watch people walk down the street?

Just like Putin does! And Rocket Man!

D'ya suppose there will be billboards with Trump's picture on em lining the route? Will medals be struck and armbands issued?

Get used to the phrase "papers please!"
Too bad liberals do not appreciate the military that defends them. Give our military praise. France, Great Britain, Poland...lots of democracies have military parades.
France Britain and Poland also have universal health care. If your argument is sauce for the goose...

I love it!

THANK YOU!!!

Or to paraphrase what some are fond of saying: As long as veterans are homeless, we shouldn't be spending millions on military parades.

Link, please.

I love it!

Luckily it's not a choice between one or the other. My patriotism wants to get them the help they need and honor them with a parade.

The millions spent on this parade could help a lot of veterans.

I love it!

THANK YOU!!!

Or to paraphrase what some are fond of saying: As long as veterans are homeless, we shouldn't be spending millions on military parades.

Yet it's perfectly fine to spend billions on illegals.

How does the Military leadership feel about it? I could see it as being a good moral builder for the military, much needed after the 8 year beat down under Obama. We would also get to see all the cool hardware we taxpayers have paid for.
How does the Military leadership feel about it?
I, obviously, cannot attest to what the majority of generals and admirals think of the idea. I can say that I heard a retired general on the news state that he dislikes military parades (~10:40 in the linked video) of the sort Trump wants and he asserted that most other flag officers share that sentiment. I have a close friend who's a retired "full bull" colonel and he did echo the general's remarks.

There is also the matter that logistically putting on a military parade in D.C. isn't something that happens "at the drop of a hat." Of course, it can be done, and insofar as Trump has ordered it done, it will be unless he rescinds his order.

Frankly, inasmuch as we aren't welcoming our soldiers back from a war victory -- hell, the U.S. even for Independence Day doesn't put on military parades of the type Trump wants -- I don't see there being any sound reason to have the parade Trump has ordered. Americans and military service men and women have a host of acknowledgements for their service (great and small) along with displays of prowess throughout the year. For example:
  • Holidays (I haven't listed all of them) created specifically to honor military service men and women or the accomplishments and travails of them and the branches in which they serve:
    • Memorial Day
    • Veterans' Day
    • VE Day
    • VJ Day
    • Independence Day
    • D-Day
    • Four Chaplains Day
    • Month of the Military Caregiver (March)
    • Vietnam Veterans' Day
    • Month of the Military Child (April)
    • National Military Appreciation Month (May)
    • Silver Star Service Banner Day
    • Military Spouse Appreciation Day
    • National PTSD Awareness Day
    • Armed Forces Day
    • Birthdays of the respective branches of the U.S. armed forces
    • Purple Heart Day
    • Gold Star Mother's and Family's Day
    • National Day of the Deployed
    • Pearl Harbor Day
    • Red Shirt Friday (unofficial)
  • 24/7/365(-6) honor guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
  • An excellent assortments of benefits
  • Thunderbirds air shows
  • Blue Angels air shows
  • Military exercises conducted around the world
  • Welcoming and departure events when sailors/ships embark upon and return from tours of duty
  • Preferred boarding on airplanes
  • Gun salutes and bestowal of an American flag at veterans' funerals
And now, in Trump's mind, we need a military parade too? To be sure, the military and the people in it, or who were in it, deserve all the recognitions noted above, but make no mistake, putting on a parade of the sort Trump wants takes away from one thing active service members likely most want: time with their family and friends when they are not away on a deployment.

Note:
  • What sort of military parade does Trump want? This:

Of course, since it's Trump wanting it and he's all about excess, it'll have to be bigger and more extravagant than that. That said, when it happens, it'll be good for businesses in the D.C. area.

You've got WAY too much free time on your hands. You must be one of those "peace" lovers who spent your formative years protesting every conflict America got involved in.

Forum List

Back