Trump wants a Soviet Style MILITARY Parade through the streets of Washington DC

News reports on President Trump's idea to have a parade honoring our US military, have announced costs of $15 - $21 Million. Whaaaat ??? This sounds ridiculous. How in the world does a parade of a few blocks, cost that amount, or anything close to it ?

Military police could be used to secure the parade area, without an extra dime spent on policing. Somebody told me it might cost millions to transport vehicles to and from the parade site. Really ?

I recall when I was in the Army National Guard, we traveled in long convoys of vehicles (including heavy construction equipment), a distance of over 250 miles from our armory, to our destination for our 2 week summer camp (500 miles round trip). Nobody would say it cost us more than even a few thousand $$ (2018 $) in gas, for this.

I'm not seeing how a military parade should (could) cost even ONE Million $, or even 1/10 that much. I'm wondering from whom these TV numbers originate, and where they got them from. Source ? Link ? :link:

In addition, I'd say, HONORING our military personnel and veterans is a good idea (especially those who died or lost limbs). If queers can have parades to celebrate a nutty sexual perversion, surely our military heroes ought to have their day, and we ought to give it to them.

Military Times is polling 75% against 25% for having this parade. And now you can call the military "leftist trump hating goons"....because we know you want to.
Hell they are the ones having to march in 100degree weather in fill uniform. The poll sounds about right, but not because of what you think.

Its a waste of time and money.
why? we pay 143 million for illegal aliens to attend our schools, our hospitals get our handouts. and you're now worried about money? too funny.

Yes, its a waste of time and money and if O had said the same thing, the right would have been screaming like wild indians. I didn't just start worrying about our endless debt. I've been against spending in excess forever.
then why vote for a democrat who wants high unemployment? The costs of those services to take care of these families is yuge.

Military Times is polling 75% against 25% for having this parade. And now you can call the military "leftist trump hating goons"....because we know you want to.
Hell they are the ones having to march in 100degree weather in fill uniform. The poll sounds about right, but not because of what you think.

Marching in DC in July is not fun

NEWS FLASH

TRUMP BAITED THE LEFT WITH THIS PARADE TO SHOW AMERICAN THEIR TRUE COLORS TOWARDS THE MILITARY... you STUPID FKS FELL FOR IT AGAIN !! lmfao!!

Don't be stupid. This has nothing to do with the military and everything to do with Trump's ego. We are talking about more than just a parade. We are talking about something that the Soviet Union and other authoritarian regimes do. What do you think running 70 ton vehicles will do to Washington's streets? Those will have to be repaired. By the way, even Republicans are opposed to this.

Shipping military equipment is expensive. Closest Army base is probably 800 miles. Quantico is fairly close. Soldiers will have to be billeted. Security around the President is expensive.

I can see $20 million easy

NEWS FLASH

TRUMP BAITED THE LEFT WITH THIS PARADE TO SHOW AMERICAN THEIR TRUE COLORS TOWARDS THE MILITARY... you STUPID FKS FELL FOR IT AGAIN !! lmfao!!

Don't be stupid. This has nothing to do with the military and everything to do with Trump's ego. We are talking about more than just a parade. We are talking about something that the Soviet Union and other authoritarian regimes do. What do you think running 70 ton vehicles will do to Washington's streets? Those will have to be repaired. By the way, even Republicans are opposed to this.
A. There is no Soviet Union.
B. They put rubberized tracks on tanks that do not damage streets.
C. Some democrats are for the parade.

Trump is one of the FEW personalities in that position who knows exactly how to out flank them at every move.

And they despise him for it. I think it largely revolves around his ability to bypass Bullshit and go around their political correctness smoke screens.

:dance:

Trump wants a military parade.

Democrats want their grandchildren to be illegal aliens.

Trump wants a military parade.
Democrats want their grandchildren to be illegal aliens.

Honestly, I don't think they give a shit about immigrants.
They just want votes so they can overthrow the Constitution and install a dictator down the road.
(They damn near did with Hillary)
Venezuela is their shining star Utopia example....Dictator Maduro their hero

Imagine if all those millions was put into veteran programs or a new GI bill. That would be a better way to honor them.

It is a waste of time and money. We keep spending money we don't have. We need to find ways to cut the spending, not find more ways to spend.
deport illegals then. that's around 145 billion a year.

I don't disagree with you, we need to cut everywhere possible.
we can make cuts across the board by as little as 1 or 2% on all programs until we know the new revenue numbers come in.
We need massive cuts not just one or two percent. That won't solve much of anything.

Forum List

Back