Trump wants blacks to gamble on his "what the hell do you have to lose"

Maybe you should read instead of running your mouth out of stupidity

Details and Analysis of Donald Trump’s Tax Plan
Oh great. Cutting taxes on the wealthy. The go to republican strategy failure. It doesn't do shit to stimulate real economic growth. That's been proven over and over.
When was that "proven" gotta link?
Hmm well try proof as in Bush's tax cuts. They were massive yet job growth under Bush was pathetic and the Great Recession happened anyway

More recently, the governor of Kansas cut taxes on the wealthy as an "experiment" yet the state is now in a recession and with a massive deficit.

Trump's tax reform plan is not Bush's tax cuts...you do realize that right?:dunno:
Oh great the dollar amounts and brackets are different. None of that changes the fact that cutting taxes on wealthy does anything to stimulate real growth. Why? It's simple really: rich people don't invest the money they save through tax breaks, they fucking KEEP IT.

Your an economic illiterate..Hillary's "get the rich" is not a plan. We need tax reform. Crony capitalism makes the well connected rich and leaves average Americans behind

16 years with Clinton and Obama things haven't changed and that's with Democrats taking care of blacks. Seems that neither party is doing anything.
The Democrats are not only taking care of Blacks they are taking care of the average American. When Blacks take advantage of things done for the general populace by Democrats your focus is only on them. Why?
Why focus on black Americans? Because that is what the thread is about.

Do you mean that when black Americans take advantage of Democrats allowing illegal immigrants to take away their jobs and keep wages low, they are benefiting from Democratic policies? Do you mean when black Americans take advantage of Democrats fighting to prevent the children of poor families from getting school vouchers that will rescue them from failed dangerous schools they are benefiting form Democratic policies?

1.If illegals are taking poor White and poor Black people's jobs republicans need to stop hiring them..

2. The voucher system won't benefit Blacks at all. The voucher system is just another attempt by republicans to privatize K-12 for profit.The republican base has already written Black progress off as unattainable due to what they see as low cognitive skills and a propensity for violence. Given that preconception, republicans are being duplicitous when they say the voucher system will help Black children to learn better. If you don't think that Blacks haven't realized that, you are badly mistaken. They know that when republicans advertise something in the interest of Black folks, the end product is rarely up to the standard as advertised.
Don't be stupid. We already have proof the voucher system Trump wants to implement across the nation works from our experience in D.C.

In 2004, President George W. Bush signed the D.C. School Choice Incentive Act of 2003, creating the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program to provide scholarships to students from low-income families to attend a private school of choice.[1] The program targeted 2,000 children from low-income families in Washington D.C. These children were given funding to help offset the cost of private schooling.[1] In 2008, the program funded attendance at 54 D.C. private schools for students from families with an average income of $22,736, "or about 107 percent of the federal poverty level for a family of four."[1]

In 2009 the program faced a phase out with President Barack Obama’s 2009 budget proposal cutting all funding for the program and including language to prohibit any new students from receiving scholarships.[2]

In 2011, Speaker of the House John Boehner and Senator Joe Lieberman introduced the Scholarships for Opportunity and Results (SOAR) Act to restore funding for the program and again allow new students to participate. The entirety of the SOAR Act was included in the 2011 long-term continuing resolution, the passage of which resulted in a five-year reauthorization of the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program.[3] The 2004 legislation had permitted students to receive scholarships of up to $7,500, whereas the 2011 bill provides scholarships of up to $8,000 for students in kindergarten through eighth grade and up to $12,000 for students in grades 9-12.[4]

In February 2012, President Barack Obama announced his budget proposal for 2013, which did not include new funding for the program.[5] According to ABC News, the budget stated that the program's budget for 2012 had enough money to also cover students' vouchers in 2013, but did not mention future years.[5] The lack of funding was criticized by conservatives, including The Heritage Foundation and Wall Street Journal columnist Jason L. Riley, who argued that the program costs less per child and has a higher graduation rate than public schools in Washington D.C.[6][7]

D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bigoted bs you are posting only tells people you have no idea why you are supporting Hillary. Clearly, it is today's Democrats who have no interest in the welfare of poor Americans including poor black Americans.
1.I am supporting Hillary because I don't want a republican choosing the next several Supreme Court Justices. Is that clear enough for you?

2. Your small study had to be sacked due to corruption. That seems to always follow when republicans start to privatize or deregulate things. FROM YOUR LINK:
On April 22, 2016, board members of the D.C. Children and Youth Investment Trust Corporation voted to dissolve the organization because of debt caused by large staff costs, including misuse of the organization's credit cards.[9] By cutting employees' salaries, abandoning its office lease, and cutting other costs, the organization will try to deliver some of the promised grant funding in 2016.[9]
So you can't think of any other reason why you would want to see Hillary in the WH. I agree with you on that, there is no other rational reason to want her to be president.

The results of the D.C. voucher program and clear, the per student cost of sending these students to private schools is less than maintaining them in failed public schools and their graduation rate was higher. It is also clear that the only reason Hillary, Obama and the other Democrats oppose school vouchers is that it might cost the party the political support of the teachers unions. Hillary would like you to believe she would like to save the children, but her real motto, clearly, is Screw the Children. Your motto, too, apparently.

Oh great. Cutting taxes on the wealthy. The go to republican strategy failure. It doesn't do shit to stimulate real economic growth. That's been proven over and over.
Hmm well try proof as in Bush's tax cuts. They were massive yet job growth under Bush was pathetic and the Great Recession happened anyway

More recently, the governor of Kansas cut taxes on the wealthy as an "experiment" yet the state is now in a recession and with a massive deficit.

Trump's tax reform plan is not Bush's tax cuts...you do realize that right?:dunno:
Oh great the dollar amounts and brackets are different. None of that changes the fact that cutting taxes on wealthy does anything to stimulate real growth. Why? It's simple really: rich people don't invest the money they save through tax breaks, they fucking KEEP IT.

Your an economic illiterate..Hillary's "get the rich" is not a plan. We need tax reform. Crony capitalism makes the well connected rich and leaves average Americans behind
The real joke is the tax code itself. Because of loopholes and deductions, the EFFECTIVE tax rate on corporations is 12%. 2/3 of corporations have no federal income tax liability. That is what makes the "official" rate at 35% a complete joke.

The Democrats are not only taking care of Blacks they are taking care of the average American. When Blacks take advantage of things done for the general populace by Democrats your focus is only on them. Why?

Do you mean that when black Americans take advantage of Democrats allowing illegal immigrants to take away their jobs and keep wages low, they are benefiting from Democratic policies? Do you mean when black Americans take advantage of Democrats fighting to prevent the children of poor families from getting school vouchers that will rescue them from failed dangerous schools they are benefiting form Democratic policies?

1.If illegals are taking poor White and poor Black people's jobs republicans need to stop hiring them..

2. The voucher system won't benefit Blacks at all. The voucher system is just another attempt by republicans to privatize K-12 for profit.The republican base has already written Black progress off as unattainable due to what they see as low cognitive skills and a propensity for violence. Given that preconception, republicans are being duplicitous when they say the voucher system will help Black children to learn better. If you don't think that Blacks haven't realized that, you are badly mistaken. They know that when republicans advertise something in the interest of Black folks, the end product is rarely up to the standard as advertised.
1) Are you saying Democrats don't hire them?

2) It's called giving people a choice. I thought you lefties believed in choice or is that only when the choice involves killing what you don't want to take responsibility for producing?
He's saying he, like Hillary, couldn't care less what happens to black people as long as they vote for Democrats, this despite the fact he obviously has no idea why he supports Democrats.
How many times do I have to say that in this election I will support Hillary because I do't want a republican choosing the next few Supreme Court Justices. Now do you have any idea why you are supporting Trump other than he is the great RW White Hope! He certainly doesn't have the character , the morality or the knowledge to be president of the United States.
Of course I know why I support Trump. As you say, you only support Hillary because you don't like Republicans but for reasons you don't apparently understand. I support Trump because while Hillary says screw the children and screw the poor, Trump has laid out clear plans to help both.

I support Trump because while Hillary has issued an open invitation to all the poor people south of the border to try to sneak into America Trump has laid out clear plans to enforce US law and stop illegal immigration.

I support Trump because while Hillary has shown an astonishing lack of interest in the threat of Islamic terrorism, Trump has laid out a rational approach to protecting Americans from Islamic terrorists.

I support Trump because the Clintons' dishonest and incompetent dealings past dealings with Russia makes it impossible for her to reach an accommodation with Russia that can resolve the troubles in eastern Europe and the ME.

I support Trump because while both Clinton and Obama have whined about deadbeat European nation not paying their fair share of the costs of NATO, Trump will force them to take more responsibility for their own defense.

I support Trump because he will take a fresh look at the ME, recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and acknowledge Clinton's screwball two state "solution" is not feasible while Clinton will continue to try to force Israel to create another terrorist hub in the West Bank like Gaza.

I support Trump because while Hillary has proven herself to be corrupt and incompetent in every job she has ever had and issues crazy genocidal threats to "obliterate" Iran, despite his manner, Trump has issued well reasoned proposals for every problem he has addressed.

Hey, why not test out the voucher system for a couple years to see if there is any progress.

If the students that take advantage of it improves, then we can say it works. If we see no mark progress from the students that used it, then it is a pointless and possibly extensive that should end.

Look, No child left behind was considered a good idea until it was discovered we don't even have enough teachers to meet the guidelines.

Let's give the right a chance. If it don't work scrapped it. I doubt rwers would continue funding a failed idea.

2) It's called giving people a choice. I thought you lefties believed in choice or is that only when the choice involves killing what you don't want to take responsibility for producing?

1. No, but no republican should. Unfortunately too many republicans DO hire illegals. Even some of the Bush clan did so.

2. People do have a choice…Go to a free public school or spend your OWN money if you wnat your kids to go to a private school!
What a stupid post. Public schools are paid for by the government just as school vouchers would be. In D.C. it cost less to send these students to private schools than to it did to keep them in public schools and those who went private schools had a higher graduation rate.
Your post is ABJECTLY stupid. Vouchers don't cover the entire tuition, the difference comes out of the parent's pockets.

On April 22, 2016, board members of the D.C. Children and Youth Investment Trust Corporation voted to dissolve the organization because of debt caused by large staff costs, including misuse of the organization's credit cards.[9] By cutting employees' salaries, abandoning its office lease, and cutting other costs, the organization will try to deliver some of the promised grant funding in 2016.[9]

Offering parents of children in failing public schools vouchers to use for private school enrollment sounds like a great idea — until you take a look at private school tuition and how much the state is willing to fork over.

Our research into private education costs in Bexar County indicates publicly funded vouchers would not go far in the private sector and would require significant out-of-pocket expenses, meaning many low-income families would be unable to take advantage of the subsidies.

Campbell’s bill would give parents the equivalent of 60 percent of the average daily attendance allotment the state pays school districts for each of the 180 school days a student is in class. The average paid per student varies from school district to school district, but 60 percent of the average is about $4,996 a year, according to the Texas Education Agency.

That hardly makes a dent in tuition costs at San Antonio’s TMI — The Episcopal School of Texas or Saint Mary’s Hall, where tuition is well over $22,000 a year. Tuition costs typically do not include uniforms, books and other expenses.
Are you really as stupid as you seem or are you just a dull witted liar? The only federally funded voucher program is the one in D.C. and it pays the full private school tuition and costs less per student than maintaining these students in them in failed public schools and produces higher graduation rates than the public schools. The only downside to the program as far as you and Hillary are concerned is that if Hillary decided to what is right for the children of poor families, she might lose some of the political support she gets from teachers unions.

Obamacare doesn't have real numbers because many have moved from employer healthcare to Obamacare, also many that jumped on Obamacare in 14 dropped off the rolls in 15. Obamacare has hit the middle class harder than any group, higher deductibles are plaguing employer contributed plans plus very high increases in plans. They finally got rid of Kennedy's NCLB.

Unemployment? What did Obama do there?

Lots of propaganda, that is all you have. How many poor people have federal jobs? How many poor going to college? Listed some things twice, on and on. The propaganda rolls on.
Each item on the list I posted is verifiable. I suggest you click on main link to see the full extent of Obama's accomplishments. If you think those items are propaganda I suggest you prove it instead of grunting and snorting like a frustrated fool!

Numbnuts, how does his giving paid maternity leave to government workers help the poor? Love how you gloss over crap you can't handle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that all you got? Get a life!

Just asking the question on one of your points, and you won't answer. By avoiding the answer you said volumes.

Next point, Kennedy was the sponsor of NCLB, so Obama is trying to fix a Democrats mistake.

Yo are a joke…. the NCLB act was passed by Congress in

1. No, but no republican should. Unfortunately too many republicans DO hire illegals. Even some of the Bush clan did so.

2. People do have a choice…Go to a free public school or spend your OWN money if you wnat your kids to go to a private school!

And too many Democrats hire illegals.

Poor people have the choice of a public school and what? Certainly poor students should have the choices that Obama's girls have.

BenCarson went to a public school before entering college as did many other highly educated Black professionals.
The students who apply themselves are still going to rise to the top no matter what their families socio-economic status and no matter what kind of school they attend.

I didn't say Kennedy passed it, dummy. I said he sponsored it. Idiot!

You idea, still does not allow the poor the same choice that the Obama's have. And you are wrong about socio-economic status. They don't always rise, they face greater odds against succeeding. Surprised you don't understand that simple fact. Environment is a huge to success.

Poor people have the choice of a public school and what? Certainly poor students should have the choices that Obama's girls have.

In sticking with the op I'll say that if Trump wins the election chances are that poor people are going t have even fewer choices.
Trump's pick of Supreme court Justices would be disastrous for education and every thing else affecting the poor and middle class for decades to come.

I see no difference between the two and their Supreme Court picks. Rich appointing rich, to make decisions for the rich.

Each item on the list I posted is verifiable. I suggest you click on main link to see the full extent of Obama's accomplishments. If you think those items are propaganda I suggest you prove it instead of grunting and snorting like a frustrated fool!

Numbnuts, how does his giving paid maternity leave to government workers help the poor? Love how you gloss over crap you can't handle.

Is that all you got? Get a life!

Just asking the question on one of your points, and you won't answer. By avoiding the answer you said volumes.

Next point, Kennedy was the sponsor of NCLB, so Obama is trying to fix a Democrats mistake.

Yo are a joke…. the NCLB act was passed by Congress in

BenCarson went to a public school before entering college as did many other highly educated Black professionals.
The students who apply themselves are still going to rise to the top no matter what their families socio-economic status and no matter what kind of school they attend.

Detroit schools now aren't what they were in the 60s genius...I cant tell you don't now and have never lived in the inner city
Detroit Detroit Detroit…That is ALL you know. Your whole world revolves around Detroit and that is what you measure every other city by. I can see how your world view became so slanted.

Has NAT been able to provide one actual litigated case showing a clear victim having been forced out of the voting process with no means or effort provided to them in acquiring an opportunity to vote? Still waiting on that bit of proof of voter suppression. I'm not going to let this one go NAT as long as you feel that such suppression exists as a result of voter ID.

Thelma Mitchell, Nashville, Tenn.

When Thelma Mitchell, a retired state employee, learned that her old employee ID (which was issued by the state and included her photo) wouldn't meet Tennessee's new voter ID law, she went to a motor vehicle office to obtain a valid photo ID. The agency asked her for a birth certificate, but she didn't have one and was denied her request for a new ID.

Mitchell, 93, has never had a birth certificate. She wasn't born in a hospital and was delivered by a midwife, in Alabama in 1918. Birth certificates, particularly for African-Americans in the South, weren't regularly generated at the time. As a result, Mitchell may not be able to vote this year for the first time in decades.

"I got so mad" about being turned away, Mitchell said in an interview. "I was holding my peace to keep from telling him off. So I didn't get to vote."

Another obstacle for Tennessee seniors: The state doesn't put photos on the licenses of drivers over age 65. This practice affects some 30,000 people, according to voting rights advocates in the state.

Florence Hessing, Bayfield, Wis.

At age 96, Florence Hessing is disabled, rarely leaves her home and votes by absentee ballot. She has a driver's license that expired a few years ago. She wrote to the state asking the requirements for obtaining a new photo ID under the state's recently enacted voter ID law. The response she received outlined the requirements and included a $28 fee — which angered Hessing because she expected the ID to be free.

Hessing first had to come up with a birth certificate. She wrote to Iowa, where she was born, but the state had no official record.

"I think that's a shift if I can't vote," Hessing said in an interview. "It'd feel like I was thrown out."

Ruthelle Frank, Brokaw, Wis.

Like Hessing and Mitchell, Frank, 84, was denied in her application for a new voter ID because she lacked a birth certificate. She was born in Wisconsin, has lived in the same home for 83 years and never had need of the document.

"After I was married, we made several trips into Canada. I used my baptismal certificate to cross all the time," Frank said. "That's all I ever needed."

She called her county's registrar of deeds, to no avail. The state's vital records office managed to find her birth certificate, but there were other problems — both her parents' names were misspelled, rendering the document invalid.

"In order to get it corrected, I'd have to amend it. And it would cost $200," Frank said. "I decided I didn't want to spend $200 for the right to vote because I've always thought the right to vote was free. I don't think it's fair."

Why New Photo ID Laws Mean Some Won't Vote

Im sure you can find more dead people who have voted, than people who cant get an I.D.:slap:
So you subscribe to another myth without any proof. You are a such a drip!

Blacks endured Reagan and the two Bushes for a total of 20 years. Very little changed for them, if anything ,during that time. Don't you think Blacks would have wandered off your imagined Democratic Plantation if the GOP's Plantation offered a better deal? Obviously, the GOP left a bad impression.
You live in an alternative universe..More blacks are out of the workforce or cant find jobs. Race relations are worst than ever under this scum Obama
Blacks have always had 2X the number of unemployed as Whites since integration. And race relations are not worse under Obama, more racists just came out of the closet when he became president!
Yeah, Ferguson was just somebody accidently dropping a few hundred matches whilst trying to light a cigarette.

Ferguson was a reactive approach to racism. The catalyst that set that reaction off was the shooting of Michael Brown, even if he was a thug!
Was it rational?
Was there any possible positive outcome?
Did 40 years of Globalism make it a possibility?
No, no and no…Outsiders who didn't even live inFerguson were the perps. After all it wasn't their town…they just took advantage of the peaceful protest to loot and burn!

In sticking with the op I'll say that if Trump wins the election chances are that poor people are going t have even fewer choices.
Trump's pick of Supreme court Justices would be disastrous for education and every thing else affecting the poor and middle class for decades to come.

Yep, the Global Elitists have done mighty fine by yo brothas and sistas!
Which Brothas and sistas? The White, Jewish Asian or Hispanic ones?
The Jews and Asians are career oriented.
The Hispanic are trying.
Blacks? Uh uh.
And no witty postings will change the direction Blacks are headed in.
What direction is THAT? 75%, the majority are living above the poverty line now. It has been that way for years. Your view, though, seems to have been formed around media presentations of that small criminal percentage, about 2 to 3%, who you judge all Blacks by.

Tell you what. I'll prove republicans are hiring illegals YOU prove Democrats are doing it. Fair enough? Here I'll start with this one:

GOP debate fact-check: "Look it up. Trump Polish workers." - CBS News

Rubio also made reference to illegal immigrant labor in the construction of Trump Tower: "If he built the wall [between US and Mexico] like he built Trump Tower, he'll be using illegal immigrant labor to do it," Rubio said.

"Look it up: 'Trump Polish workers,'" Rubio instructed debate watchers. "You'll see a million dollars for hiring illegal workers on one of his projects. He did it."

That accusation is true: Trump was even sued for using 200 illegal workers from Poland to build Trump Tower in 1980. The New York Times described an update to the suit -- including Trump's testimony -- in 1998, and The Daily Beast wrote about the situation last summer. The case was settled in 1999.

Wonderful except for the fact Trump didn't hire those illegal workers. He hired a demolition company to tear down the existing buildings where he wanted to build Trump Towers.

When you hire a contractor, it's not up to you to check out their employee status. It's assumed that they (the company) are following the US guidelines in hiring.

That's no different than you hiring somebody to do your lawn care, and they employee illegals to cut your grass. HTF are you supposed to know that? It's not up to you to do a background check on your lawn care workers, it's up to the lawn care company.

Aw STFU I am not interested in your personal opinion… You weren't there so disprove my source with a credible source or just STFU!

Tell you what. I'll prove republicans are hiring illegals YOU prove Democrats are doing it. Fair enough? Here I'll start with this one:

GOP debate fact-check: "Look it up. Trump Polish workers." - CBS News

Rubio also made reference to illegal immigrant labor in the construction of Trump Tower: "If he built the wall [between US and Mexico] like he built Trump Tower, he'll be using illegal immigrant labor to do it," Rubio said.

"Look it up: 'Trump Polish workers,'" Rubio instructed debate watchers. "You'll see a million dollars for hiring illegal workers on one of his projects. He did it."

That accusation is true: Trump was even sued for using 200 illegal workers from Poland to build Trump Tower in 1980. The New York Times described an update to the suit -- including Trump's testimony -- in 1998, and The Daily Beast wrote about the situation last summer. The case was settled in 1999.

Wonderful except for the fact Trump didn't hire those illegal workers. He hired a demolition company to tear down the existing buildings where he wanted to build Trump Towers.

When you hire a contractor, it's not up to you to check out their employee status. It's assumed that they (the company) are following the US guidelines in hiring.

That's no different than you hiring somebody to do your lawn care, and they employee illegals to cut your grass. HTF are you supposed to know that? It's not up to you to do a background check on your lawn care workers, it's up to the lawn care company.

Simply more excuses.
If Trump was a loyal American and really cared about his countrymen he would have made sure the people building his stuff were Americans. So you are right Ray is just being an apologist for Trump's hypocrisy.

Blacks endured Reagan and the two Bushes for a total of 20 years. Very little changed for them, if anything ,during that time. Don't you think Blacks would have wandered off your imagined Democratic Plantation if the GOP's Plantation offered a better deal? Obviously, the GOP left a bad impression.
You live in an alternative universe..More blacks are out of the workforce or cant find jobs. Race relations are worst than ever under this scum Obama
Blacks have always had 2X the number of unemployed as Whites since integration. And race relations are not worse under Obama, more racists just came out of the closet when he became president!
Yeah, Ferguson was just somebody accidently dropping a few hundred matches whilst trying to light a cigarette.

Ferguson was a reactive approach to racism. The catalyst that set that reaction off was the shooting of Michael Brown, even if he was a thug!

You leftist scum pushed a false narrative, something that never happened, in an attempt to score political points. All of which made race relations worst, cost 10s of millions of dollars in damage to minority neighborhoods. Your kind doesn't help people you use them

What an embarrassment, those congress people should have resigned in disgrace...

I speak for myself. If you ever read a post where I pushed a false narrative post it..or STFU!

Oh Christ stop pretending like he has any real policy ideas like building a wall or deporting all illegals. He simply opposes TPP. It's not like he knows ANYTHING about economic policy.

Maybe you should read instead of running your mouth out of stupidity

Details and Analysis of Donald Trump’s Tax Plan

No,we don't know that. Trump has no damn Plan for anything because he is CLUELESS!

Don't be stupid. We already have proof the voucher system Trump wants to implement across the nation works from our experience in D.C.

In 2004, President George W. Bush signed the D.C. School Choice Incentive Act of 2003, creating the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program to provide scholarships to students from low-income families to attend a private school of choice.[1] The program targeted 2,000 children from low-income families in Washington D.C. These children were given funding to help offset the cost of private schooling.[1] In 2008, the program funded attendance at 54 D.C. private schools for students from families with an average income of $22,736, "or about 107 percent of the federal poverty level for a family of four."[1]

In 2009 the program faced a phase out with President Barack Obama’s 2009 budget proposal cutting all funding for the program and including language to prohibit any new students from receiving scholarships.[2]

In 2011, Speaker of the House John Boehner and Senator Joe Lieberman introduced the Scholarships for Opportunity and Results (SOAR) Act to restore funding for the program and again allow new students to participate. The entirety of the SOAR Act was included in the 2011 long-term continuing resolution, the passage of which resulted in a five-year reauthorization of the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program.[3] The 2004 legislation had permitted students to receive scholarships of up to $7,500, whereas the 2011 bill provides scholarships of up to $8,000 for students in kindergarten through eighth grade and up to $12,000 for students in grades 9-12.[4]

In February 2012, President Barack Obama announced his budget proposal for 2013, which did not include new funding for the program.[5] According to ABC News, the budget stated that the program's budget for 2012 had enough money to also cover students' vouchers in 2013, but did not mention future years.[5] The lack of funding was criticized by conservatives, including The Heritage Foundation and Wall Street Journal columnist Jason L. Riley, who argued that the program costs less per child and has a higher graduation rate than public schools in Washington D.C.[6][7]

D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bigoted bs you are posting only tells people you have no idea why you are supporting Hillary. Clearly, it is today's Democrats who have no interest in the welfare of poor Americans including poor black Americans.
1.I am supporting Hillary because I don't want a republican choosing the next several Supreme Court Justices. Is that clear enough for you?

2. Your small study had to be sacked due to corruption. That seems to always follow when republicans start to privatize or deregulate things. FROM YOUR LINK:
So you can't think of any other reason why you would want to see Hillary in the WH. I agree with you on that, there is no other rational reason to want her to be president.

The results of the D.C. voucher program and clear, the per student cost of sending these students to private schools is less than maintaining them in failed public schools and their graduation rate was higher. It is also clear that the only reason Hillary, Obama and the other Democrats oppose school vouchers is that it might cost the party the political support of the teachers unions. Hillary would like you to believe she would like to save the children, but her real motto, clearly, is Screw the Children. Your motto, too, apparently.

1. You are wise to agree.

2. I can live with public schools but the D.C. experiment doesn't tell the whole story. I posted others studies showing abject failure under the voucher system. Besides as I said time and time again, poor families couldn't afford the co-pay and the books. The voucher system is geared towards profit and the fees would rise over time. The ONLY people truly benefitting from vouchers are those already enrolled in private schools. With vouchers they would be subsidized instead of having to foot the entire bill. I see with the third eye… the voucher system is not designed to benefit the poor.

Hey, why not test out the voucher system for a couple years to see if there is any progress.

If the students that take advantage of it [academic performance] improves, then we can say it works. If we see no mark progress from the students that used it, then it is a pointless and possibly extensive that should end.

Look, No child left behind was considered a good idea until it was discovered we don't even have enough teachers to meet the guidelines.

Let's give the right a chance. If it don't work scrapped it. I doubt rwers would continue funding a failed idea.

Red:
That appears to have been done in at least two places:
  • Milwaukee, WI -- 20+ years of "trying" them
  • Washington, D.C. -- 10+years
The reported results are mixed:
One can Google for info about school vouchers and easily find several other evaluations (and opinions) of school voucher programs. Virginia has a voucher program too. I don't know of all the places that do.

Blue:
Well, one can say that, but that fact pattern alone doesn't establish an incontrovertibly causal relationship between a voucher program and the students' performance increase. I'll explain why.

For 20+ years I've mentored kids ("my kids") from D.C.'s most decrepit neighborhoods. For all of them, I began working with them when "my kids" were in the fourth to sixth grade. They all have realized markedly better academic and extracurricular performance well before they transferred from public to private schools; they had to in order to gain admission to the private schools. Voucher programs don't automatically give students admission to a private school; the kids have to earn that on their own, and in general, their grades are what make that happen. (There are some exceptions, but they're just that, exceptions.)

What made the difference? Mostly my showing my mentees how to be good students and showing their parents how to be effective parents of good students, that is, how to nurture their children's intellectual curiosity. In general, parents who were not good students are poorly equipped to show their kids how to be good students, although, again, there are some exceptions.

Green:
D.C's voucher program works in some ways:
Why did I mention the "evolution thing?" Because it's material to a kid's education. If the kid is to go on to a science and some humanities and social science programs at any college other than a dogmatically driven one, s/he's not going to be well prepared for it. One can't very well study philosophy, paleontology, anthropology, biology, geology, cosmology, astronomy, or physics and think all that "stuff" was created in seven days six thousand to 12 thousand years ago.

One can't pass exams and score well on research papers/essays thinking that. I mean really...What does one who is convinced the world is 6K years old say upon reporting upon a fossil or rock strata examined in the field and that's a million years old? Call it 6K years old and fail the assignment? Refute the entire body of science that says the thing is millions of years old by writing, "the [XYZ] appears by 'such and such' method of aging to be 2.5 million years old; however, Creation science puts it at 6K years old." That's not going to pass muster; trust me.

The above highlights a key reason some folks don't like voucher programs: they relegate poor kids' with keen but malleable minds into systems of dogmatic inculcation, thereby increasing the size of the evangelical population. Just as ISIS can convince a child that the ISIS way is the only "right" way, Christian schools are no less capable of doing the same, albeit with regard to Christian tenets.

So in D.C., the voucher program either makes it subsidizes middle class families and/or it creates religious zealots. I'm not so sure either of those things is good when the public schools and students in them can learn quite well.

Last edited:

He's saying he, like Hillary, couldn't care less what happens to black people as long as they vote for Democrats, this despite the fact he obviously has no idea why he supports Democrats.
How many times do I have to say that in this election I will support Hillary because I do't want a republican choosing the next few Supreme Court Justices. Now do you have any idea why you are supporting Trump other than he is the great RW White Hope! He certainly doesn't have the character , the morality or the knowledge to be president of the United States.
Of course I know why I support Trump. As you say, you only support Hillary because you don't like Republicans but for reasons you don't apparently understand. I support Trump because while Hillary says screw the children and screw the poor, Trump has laid out clear plans to help both.

I support Trump because while Hillary has issued an open invitation to all the poor people south of the border to try to sneak into America Trump has laid out clear plans to enforce US law and stop illegal immigration.

I support Trump because while Hillary has shown an astonishing lack of interest in the threat of Islamic terrorism, Trump has laid out a rational approach to protecting Americans from Islamic terrorists.

I support Trump because the Clintons' dishonest and incompetent dealings past dealings with Russia makes it impossible for her to reach an accommodation with Russia that can resolve the troubles in eastern Europe and the ME.

I support Trump because while both Clinton and Obama have whined about deadbeat European nation not paying their fair share of the costs of NATO, Trump will force them to take more responsibility for their own defense.

I support Trump because he will take a fresh look at the ME, recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and acknowledge Clinton's screwball two state "solution" is not feasible while Clinton will continue to try to force Israel to create another terrorist hub in the West Bank like Gaza.

I support Trump because while Hillary has proven herself to be corrupt and incompetent in every job she has ever had and issues crazy genocidal threats to "obliterate" Iran, despite his manner, Trump has issued well reasoned proposals for every problem he has addressed.

Rahter than wallow in the mud with a TRUMP HOG, I'll give yo u the opinions of some heavyweights:

Former Petraeus adviser: Trump would be 'foreign policy disaster …

Republican foreign policy veterans rebuke Trump worldview | Reuters

50 G.O.P. Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation's Security 'at …

But the crowning blast against Trump comes from former generals who see him for the madman he is.

Ex-Generals March Into Campaign 2016’s Political Wars
Trump is the implicit target of many of the retired generals and admirals, whose public criticism echoes the private concerns of many still in uniform horrified by the businessman’s talk of torturing terror suspects, killing the families of militants, abandoning NATO, and encouraging allies to develop their own nuclear weapons.

What a stupid post. Public schools are paid for by the government just as school vouchers would be. In D.C. it cost less to send these students to private schools than to it did to keep them in public schools and those who went private schools had a higher graduation rate.
Your post is ABJECTLY stupid. Vouchers don't cover the entire tuition, the difference comes out of the parent's pockets.

Offering parents of children in failing public schools vouchers to use for private school enrollment sounds like a great idea — until you take a look at private school tuition and how much the state is willing to fork over.

Our research into private education costs in Bexar County indicates publicly funded vouchers would not go far in the private sector and would require significant out-of-pocket expenses, meaning many low-income families would be unable to take advantage of the subsidies.

Campbell’s bill would give parents the equivalent of 60 percent of the average daily attendance allotment the state pays school districts for each of the 180 school days a student is in class. The average paid per student varies from school district to school district, but 60 percent of the average is about $4,996 a year, according to the Texas Education Agency.

That hardly makes a dent in tuition costs at San Antonio’s TMI — The Episcopal School of Texas or Saint Mary’s Hall, where tuition is well over $22,000 a year. Tuition costs typically do not include uniforms, books and other expenses.
Are you really as stupid as you seem or are you just a dull witted liar? The only federally funded voucher program is the one in D.C. and it pays the full private school tuition and costs less per student than maintaining these students in them in failed public schools and produces higher graduation rates than the public schools. The only downside to the program as far as you and Hillary are concerned is that if Hillary decided to what is right for the children of poor families, she might lose some of the political support she gets from teachers unions.
I think the post # 1018 sums the DC program up nicely…. I suggest you read it . After you do I expect an apology….

Forum List

Back