Trump Wants To Unilaterally Disarm Americans

What is the context? From the tiny bit I have heard, he was referring to a very specific hypothetical scenario where a crazy person has a loaded gun.....

Regardless, I'm not losing any sleep over it.
I provided a video earlier in the thread. It doesn't show the entire meeting but it covers the due process statement he made.

Notice how affectionate the Democrats have become toward Trump since that statement?

They are about to have their hearts broken once again.

No. Trump is still a pig. Just pointing out the constant crap he spews, and his disregard for our laws.

What laws?

You mean like that mayor in Burbank?

Quit trying to change the subject. It makes you look petty.

Hey, you're the one calling Trump a pig.

NRA’s Warnings Have Come True: A President Wants To Unilaterally Disarm Americans

“Take the guns first. Go through due process second,” said President Donald Trump, a Republican.

For years, the National Rifle Association has been warning gun-loving Americans of a president who will take away their firearms, no matter what the Second Amendment says.

On Wednesday, that conservative nightmare became a reality when the current Republican U.S. president, Donald Trump, proposed taking away people’s guns, even without the legal right to do so.

“Take the guns first. Go through due process second,” Trump said at a meeting with Democratic and Republican lawmakers at the White House. “I like taking the guns early.”

Trump said law enforcement officers should specifically have taken the firearms possessed by Nikolas Cruz, the suspected gunman in the Feb. 14 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida.

“I think they should have taken them away, whether they had the right or not,” he said.

The NRA has consistently insisted that Democratic politicians are a threat to the Second Amendment. The group warned that President Barack Obama was “coming for our guns” and said, if elected, Hillary Clinton would “come for your guns, she will attack your right to carry, she will attack your most basic right to defend your family with a firearm in your home.”

All this fear-mongering was big business for the gun industry, which saw sales skyrocket during Obama’s presidency.

While Trump praised the gun lobbying group on Wednesday, he also urged lawmakers not to be scared of the organization. NRA leaders reportedly appealed directly to Trump not to raise the age limit for buying certain guns.

It’s fairly easy to imagine how the NRA would have reacted had Obama or Clinton made a statement about taking guns away without due process. But the group did not immediately return a request for comment on Wednesday about what it thinks of Trump’s remarks.

More: NRA's Warnings Have Come True: A President Wants To Unilaterally Disarm Americans

It may just be an act - but Trump is acting like he wants to do something really big on gun control. Wouldn't it be ironic if Trump turns out to be the "gun-grabber" that NRA gun nuts have been fearing?

That's hillarious--Trump never knows if he's coming or going on any issue---:crying:

RAMclr-031316-rino-IBD-COLOR-FINAL.jpg
:eek2yum:

For all the fear mongering about Obama & guns Trump has surpassed him by a mile with his suggested policies.

Where' s your damn integrity?

The reality is we need much stronger gun laws. Who else has a mass shooting problem? Who else has law enforcement shot and killed weekly?
Only an idiot would suggest more laws when anyone with half a brain can tell them criminals don't obey laws. How stupid.

And yet countries with strong gun control don’t have these problems. Even your half a brain should conclude it works.

Notice how affectionate the Democrats have become toward Trump since that statement?

They are about to have their hearts broken once again.

No. Trump is still a pig. Just pointing out the constant crap he spews, and his disregard for our laws.

What laws?

You mean like that mayor in Burbank?

Quit trying to change the subject. It makes you look petty.

Hey, you're the one calling Trump a pig.

The thread is about Trump.

I watched the Ron Paul video and I am still not worried.

Having a conversation is not legislation.

PS- The video doesn't show context. It's a 30 second segment.....

I watched the Ron Paul video and I am still not worried.

Having a conversation is not legislation.

PS- The video doesn't show context. It's a 30 second segment.....
Trump is the only one that should be worried. Statements like that are a political death sentence. He better put this shit behind him quickly.

What is the context? From the tiny bit I have heard, he was referring to a very specific hypothetical scenario where a crazy person has a loaded gun.....

I provided a video earlier in the thread. It doesn't show the entire meeting but it covers the due process statement he made.

Trump thinks he's Il Douchebag. He's in charge, and people will do what he wants, unconstrained by laws, or rules, or conventions.

For all the fear mongering about Obama & guns Trump has surpassed him by a mile with his suggested policies.

Where' s your damn integrity?

The reality is we need much stronger gun laws. Who else has a mass shooting problem? Who else has law enforcement shot and killed weekly?
Only an idiot would suggest more laws when anyone with half a brain can tell them criminals don't obey laws. How stupid.

And yet countries with strong gun control don’t have these problems. Even your half a brain should conclude it works.
This statement is both innacurate & uninformed.

Trump is the only one that should be worried. Statements like that are a political death sentence. He better put this shit behind him quickly.

Not for shoot somebody in the middle of 5th avenue, Trump. His base doesn't care what Trump says or does. Trump is the exception to political convention.

If we wanted a traditional republican conservative, Jeb or Cruz would have won the nomination.

Trump thinks he's Il Douchebag. He's in charge, and people will do what he wants, unconstrained by laws, or rules, or conventions.

Who's doing things unconstrained by laws, or rules, or conventions?

Forum List

Back