Trump White House blocks CNN, NYT, LA Times, Politico and others from media briefing

The white house has a responsibility to our press and the first amendment.

No they don't... where's that in the First Amendment? :dunno:
Freedom of the press in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. This clause is generally understood as a means to prevent the government from interfering with the distribution of information and opinions.

Unless the White House is going to make claims of defamation they go down a slippery slope when they flex their muscles while picking and choosing which news outlets they engage with. Don't pretend you wouldn't be having a cow if Obama was going to this extreme against the Breitbarts and Foxs News organizations when he was prez

What "slippery slope" is that? There is no law that even requires the president to hold press briefings.
The slippery slope of the white house intimidating news organizations to not be oppositional. That is part of their job, to ask the hard questions. By the white house playing favorites and go so far as to penalize organizations that have been critical of them, call them the Enemy of the American people, fuel the divide and distrust of our media, it is moving us away from a free press and one closer to that of Russia where the media is under the leaderships control. I can't think of anything more unAmerican than that. He's already got all you puppets calling legit orgs like CNN fake news and nobody can prove it.

The last link you posted from CNN wasn't fake news. I challenge you to make the point of how it is. Point out specifically what is fake or made up about their reporting for that story.

When one introduces to a free media the concepts of propaganda and censorship through denial of access, THEN you are well on the road toward FASCISM.......Mussolini knew this well and used it very effectively in the 1930s.......
Remember that it was Benito who first coined the phrase, "I Will Make Italy Great Again."

I don't blame Pres Trump for not wanting to deal with the lying liberal media.

He is not banning them.....he is just permanently ignoring them. ...... :thup: .. :cool:

When one introduces to a free media the concepts of propaganda and censorship through denial of access, THEN you are well on the road toward FASCISM.......Mussolini knew this well and used it very effectively in the 1930s.......
Remember that it was Benito who first coined the phrase, "I Will Make Italy Great Again."
Then we need a fairness doctrine in hiring at our nations news agencies because our media is way over the edge. It's out of control. It's become a branch of the democrat party.

Trump is very pissed that the media will soon discover his nefarious dealings with Russian thugs and spies.......So, he wants the FBI to shut out or cover up what investigators are finding and banning the press from reporting these despotic attempts......

No, orange clown..the media is NOT the enemy of the people, YOU and your cabal are!!!

Eventually, even the dumbest of right wingers will figure this out,

Then we need a fairness doctrine in hiring at our nations news agencies because our media is way over the edge. It's out of control. It's become a branch of the democrat party.

Thank you confirming that Fox and Breibart are NOT media.....

Trump is very pissed that the media will soon discover his nefarious dealings with Russian thugs and spies.......So, he wants the FBI to shut out or cover up what investigators are finding and banning the press from reporting these despotic attempts......

No, orange clown..the media is NOT the enemy of the people, YOU and your cabal are!!!

You're going to have a hard 8 years.

He's not "trashing the 1st amendment" any more than convicting James Holmes trashed the 2nd amendment.

The propagandists are finally being treated like the frauds that they are. Boo-hoo.

View attachment 114057

I watch Rachel every night. That's not what she said. Why do you lie? "It doesn't matter what Trump says - what matters is what he does".

He has repeatedly said he wants to gut the US Constitution and he has already started. The First Amendment is sacrosanct. The fact that the RWNJ traitors are in favor of censoring journalism isn't surprising since these idiots have also consistently sided with russia against their own country.

I don't know why but the right is completely anti-America and pro-Russian dictator.

16938642_10155874775633521_1026158354022175248_n.jpg

You're going to have a hard 8 years.

I wonder why you RWNJ traitors believe its only liberals/Dems who will lose rights under the Agent Orange regime.

MSM whining again about not getting access to every single event. Most of America hates you and no one cares. Cry me a river.

Don Lemonhead wanted to be a showbiz reporter but got his CNN job by accident. FAKE NEWS!
Lemon is no different than Hannity. He doesn't like Trump and he has discussions critiquing his every move. Only difference that I see between Lemon and Hannity is that Lemon always has a Trump surrogate or two on his show, while Hannity only has a guest from the left on every once in a while. He should have stayed on with Colmes to keep the balance. He is way out of wack now that he is riding the Trump train

So Trump declining to waste space on people who don't listen and write their own fiction rather than reportingm what was said is somehow limiting their freedom of speech?

Think that through......if you're allowed to think.

Forum List

Back