Trumpf to call for 6 weeks of paid maternity leave.

Seems strange; this is more of the “free stuff” that Republicans once said they hated. It will be interesting to see how they react.

Trump to call for six weeks paid maternity leave

The plan's centerpiece has already been announced: rewriting the tax code to allow families to deduct childcare expenses. The campaign is fleshing out more details ahead of Trump's speech.

The total cost will be capped at the average child care costs in each state, while the highest-earning Americans — individuals making $250,000 per year or households with a combined $500,000 per year in income — won't be eligible.

Stay-at-home parents will also be eligible to take the deduction. The campaign framed the moves as a step toward creating an equal playing field for those who stay home to raise their children.

A republican with a heart. No wonder wall street, and most billionaires and republicans hate trump.

Those people already get all kind of tax breaks for their kids no one else should be forced to give them anything

Just curious, do you support tax dollars going to help pay for abortions?

Irrelevant but no I don't and it's not because I am antiabortion I am pro personal responsibility

I agree. OK fair enough. Like you I believe in personal responsibility. But I do believe having children and raising them to be productive members of society benefits all of us. I get there's no guarantee of this, but women/families should be given help.

I take it you're a business owner? This would need to be set up in a way where small business owner's are not paying for this themselves (aside from personal taxes). There can't be a risk of you losing money with you business to support this.

That's why we pay for public schools and give parents all kinds of tax breaks

and that should be enough for anyone.

How much should I be forced to pay above and beyond taxes to support someone else's kids?

You're not supporting someone else's kids. We're merely giving a woman a certain amount of security and time with her newborn. I think it's a good idea.

I don't.

Her security is her and her baby's father's responsibility not mine.

If she wants to be paid while on maternity leave she can save her vacation sick and personal time and the daddy to be can work a little extra to put some more away

That's the way it's always been done and it has worked just fine

So what , republican so called Conservatives haven't done anything for ME since the first bush , actually R REAGAN . They have flooded the USA and its school rooms as one example with foreigners that compete with American grown children for time and education , funding as the schools cater to the foreigners for American taxpayer money .

You mean, like Reagan's amnesty?

only reason I don't mention Reagan is because there are stories that Reagan was senile and I say that Reagan was easily persuaded by his vice prez 'ghw bush' who wanted to import mexico's people into the USA . 'ghwb' also wanted his ugly kid 'jebito' to find a girlfriend and wife . But yeah , Reagan was the original liberal on the first amnesty SwimExpert .

Can anyone tell me why anyone should get paid for not working?
So what if a person chooses to have a baby?
It is not my responsibility to support them for any length of time

You want a kid then you plan for it. Save up your vacation sick and personal time, save a little extra money and have your kid but don't expect anyone else to pay for it

Why don't we pay our employees a wage that one person can work and support a family?

Nothing's stopping you. Go ahead. Leave the rest of us to make our own decisions.

I do do the right thing, and so should you.

Who are you to decide what the "right" thing is for other people?

'Other people' already know the right thing to do, they choose to be greedy and don't. Saps like you defend them.

You want a kid then you plan for it. Save up your vacation sick and personal time, save a little extra money and have your kid but don't expect anyone else to pay for it

Why don't we pay our employees a wage that one person can work and support a family?

Because people are not getting paid to raise families they are getting paid to perform a job for 8 hours a day that is all.

If you want a family it's up to you to figure out how to support them not me

People are being paid to move the country forward.

Nothing's stopping you. Go ahead. Leave the rest of us to make our own decisions.

'Other people' already know the right thing to do, they choose to be greedy and don't. Saps like you defend them.

Who are you to say what the "right thing" is to do?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Because people are not getting paid to raise families they are getting paid to perform a job for 8 hours a day that is all.

People are being paid to do a job they agreed to do it has nothing to do with the country

Fucking your employees isn't the right thing to do.

People are being paid to do a job they agreed to do it has nothing to do with the country

People take their money and spend it in the economy.

People take their money and spend it in the economy.

So?

That's got nothing to do with paying a person for not working simply because she chose to have a kid

ok with me although I generally disapprove . Goal for Trump supporters is to win so this is just some targeting of single women mothers and loose woman that may have a kid out of wedlock . Trump is good on guns, rebuilding USA military , building a border wall and muslims plus yada and yada . SO , I understand his tactics and will approve as I keep the goal of TRUMP winning the election foremost in my mind Candy .
Pathetic. This is what Trump is a democrat saying he is a republican... You want to vote against Hillary thats fine but dont defend obviously democrat moves by Trump like it is a chess game. The man is was and always will be a fraud.
------------------------------------------------------ So what , republican so called Conservatives haven't done anything for ME since the first bush , actually R REAGAN . They have flooded the USA and its school rooms as one example with foreigners that compete with American grown children for time and education , funding as the schools cater to the foreigners for American taxpayer money . Now the so called conservative rino repub gop is flooding the USA with Syrian refugee invader muslims which is just another arm of enemies that are forming a fifth column inside the USA . Yeah , I will vote and advocate for the Trump Thanatos .
Um thats your fault because you keep choosing losers.

Seems strange; this is more of the “free stuff” that Republicans once said they hated. It will be interesting to see how they react.

Trump to call for six weeks paid maternity leave

The plan's centerpiece has already been announced: rewriting the tax code to allow families to deduct childcare expenses. The campaign is fleshing out more details ahead of Trump's speech.

The total cost will be capped at the average child care costs in each state, while the highest-earning Americans — individuals making $250,000 per year or households with a combined $500,000 per year in income — won't be eligible.

Stay-at-home parents will also be eligible to take the deduction. The campaign framed the moves as a step toward creating an equal playing field for those who stay home to raise their children.

A republican with a heart. No wonder wall street, and most billionaires and republicans hate trump.
Because billionaires hate having the tax payers take over payments they make??? Are you naturally this naive?

only reason I don't mention Reagan is because there are stories that Reagan was senile and I say that Reagan was easily persuaded by his vice prez 'ghw bush' who wanted to import mexico's people into the USA . 'ghwb' also wanted his ugly kid 'jebito' to find a girlfriend and wife . But yeah , Reagan was the original liberal on the first amnesty SwimExpert .
Learn some history fool. The amnesty bill was only a failure because Liberals lied about securing the border so donors and Trump can have cheaper labor.Regan did more to restore the nation then any man since Lincoln. All it takes I guess is idiots like you who choose a bonafide new york liberal donor to Hillary Clinton over a stanch conservative.

What the fuck has that to do with the tax payer?????????

ok with me although I generally disapprove . Goal for Trump supporters is to win so this is just some targeting of single women mothers and loose woman that may have a kid out of wedlock . Trump is good on guns, rebuilding USA military , building a border wall and muslims plus yada and yada . SO , I understand his tactics and will approve as I keep the goal of TRUMP winning the election foremost in my mind Candy .
Pathetic. This is what Trump is a democrat saying he is a republican... You want to vote against Hillary thats fine but dont defend obviously democrat moves by Trump like it is a chess game. The man is was and always will be a fraud.
------------------------------------------------------ So what , republican so called Conservatives haven't done anything for ME since the first bush , actually R REAGAN . They have flooded the USA and its school rooms as one example with foreigners that compete with American grown children for time and education , funding as the schools cater to the foreigners for American taxpayer money . Now the so called conservative rino repub gop is flooding the USA with Syrian refugee invader muslims which is just another arm of enemies that are forming a fifth column inside the USA . Yeah , I will vote and advocate for the Trump Thanatos .
---------------------------------------------------- Go TRUMP !!

I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

---------------------------------------------------- Go TRUMP !!
My kids have to live in this country obviously full of idiots. Cant put the genie back in the bottle and cant change when stupidity went wild. You assholes made horrible choices that we all now have to live with.

Forum List

Back