🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump's high wire act

A question for Trump voters/supporters: How comfortable are you with the risks of his presidency?

I'll flesh this out a bit:

It has long been the nature of politics that the pendulum swings - if this party fouls it up, we'll give the other party a chance. And, at least in recent history, the pendulum has swung pretty hard in the opposite direction.

Let's agree that the two parties are as divided as we have seen. And let's consider the possibility that Trump & Co screw the pooch, big time. That's not a prediction, I'm horrible at those, just a thought exercise.

Trump has taken our political environment so far off the rails - and I believe that was the point, yes? - that the snap-back that would result from his administration's failure would be pretty freaking powerful. The GOP brand would be TORCHED for a LONG time, and we would head Left, BIG time.

In other words, this thing really is all or nothing. Are you okay with that?

What if Trump fails!?!

Will someone like Warren be able to win in 2020 and bring in a new deal to lead us further down Trostkyism!?!

No...

What will most likely happen is Trump will win a second term like George W. BUSH did while the GOP lose control of the House and Senate...

No matter how much the MSM spin the reality they feed Trump trolling of them... I mean damn he even told them they would go nuts over him and they did, so MSM is his enemy of his making so he can keep his base marching foward...

The only way I can see Trump being removed from office is if he start a Nuclear war that will end humanity and by then it will not matter...

A question for Trump voters/supporters: How comfortable are you with the risks of his presidency?

It has long been the nature of politics that the pendulum swings - if this party fouls it up, we'll give the other party a chance. And, at least in recent history, the pendulum has swung pretty hard in the opposite direction.

Let's agree that the two parties are as divided as we have seen. And let's consider the possibility that Trump & Co screw the pooch, big time. That's not a prediction, I'm horrible at those, just a thought exercise.

Trump has taken our political environment so far off the rails - and I believe that was the point, yes? - that the snap-back that would result from his administration's failure would be pretty freaking powerful. The GOP brand would be TORCHED for a LONG time, and we would head Left, BIG time.

What if Trump fails!?!

Will someone like Warren be able to win in 2020 and bring in a new deal to lead us further down Trostkyism!?!

No...

What will most likely happen is Trump will win a second term like George W. BUSH did while the GOP lose control of the House and Senate...

No matter how much the MSM spin the reality they feed Trump trolling of them... I mean damn he even told them they would go nuts over him and they did, so MSM is his enemy of his making so he can keep his base marching foward...

The only way I can see Trump being removed from office is if he start a Nuclear war that will end humanity and by then it will not matter...
Yeah, there's still no way to know what direction things will go. We'll know a helluva lot more by Election Day, 2018. Making predictions for a presidency like this is just throwing darts.

My point is that, while some here don't want to admit it for some reason, having Trump in the White House is a risk for the GOP. And if he flames out, the snap-back could be pretty remarkable.

What if Trump fails!?!

No...

Yeah, there's still no way to know what direction things will go. We'll know a helluva lot more by Election Day, 2018. Making predictions for a presidency like this is just throwing darts.

My point is that, while some here don't want to admit it for some reason, having Trump in the White House is a risk for the GOP. And if he flames out, the snap-back could be pretty remarkable.

The worst for the GOP since the great depression happen in 2006 while George W. Bush was President and two major conflicts were going on in Iraq and Afghanistan and the GOP Senate and House were acting clueless which caused a tsunami in the 2006 election that saw the GOP lose the House and Senate that year...

That is what could happen in 2018 but my bet is the Senate will fall while the House stays GOP by a slight margin.

I just do not see Trump being worst than Bush but if he is then the tsunami could be bigger in 2020.

What if Trump fails!?!

No...

The worst for the GOP since the great depression happen in 2006 while George W. Bush was President and two major conflicts were going on in Iraq and Afghanistan and the GOP Senate and House were acting clueless which caused a tsunami in the 2006 election that saw the GOP lose the House and Senate that year...

That is what could happen in 2018 but my bet is the Senate will fall while the House stays GOP by a slight margin.

I just do not see Trump being worst than Bush but if he is then the tsunami could be bigger in 2020.
Yeah, Dubya really did set the standard.

The way things are going early, it could be pretty wild - in either direction. But in politics, expect the unexpected.

What if Trump fails!?!

No...

Yeah, Dubya really did set the standard.

The way things are going early, it could be pretty wild - in either direction. But in politics, expect the unexpected.

Trump remind me of Nixon and only scandal will bring him down but it has to be so bad that it will dwarf anything Bill Clinton or George W. Bush had ever done...

The bar is so low that it is nearly impossible to lower it further...

All or nothing? What planet are you on? Dems have steadily lost power across the nation. Nor is this a simple party issue, Trump brought in many blue collar dems to win. I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated before it can penetrate your brain. For some odd reason your mind can't accept it.

This isn't all or nothing. And predicting any failures at this point is just weird. Did you do that to Obama? My guess is no.
lol There is no high wire act here. President Trump laid out a clear set of goals during the campaign and now he is working on achieving in an orderly fashion. You are allowing yourself to be distracted by noise from confused, often hysterical Democrats and reporters who are trying to convince you there are problems when there are none.
There has never been a President like this guy. There has never been a temperament/personality in the White House like this guy.

That was a huge part of his appeal to his followers in the FIRST PLACE.

It's a risk for the party to have him representing them. That's what I mean by "high wire act".

If we can't even agree on that, never mind. We'll pretend this is just another presidency.
No two presidents have been the same. Obama help Democrats lose nearly 1,200 seats of power. Where were you all during that? The dems have lost so much power they are doing what they can with their operatives inside the government, including courts.

Let's not overlook the fact that you, like all libs (independent my ass) are trying to scare the right into abandoning Trump. Nobody cares about your high wire act all or nothing bullshit. Trump is doing and trying to do what we put him in office to do, why would we abandon what we wanted just because liberals aren't getting what they want? It makes no sense.

All or nothing? What planet are you on? Dems have steadily lost power across the nation. Nor is this a simple party issue, Trump brought in many blue collar dems to win. I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated before it can penetrate your brain. For some odd reason your mind can't accept it.

This isn't all or nothing. And predicting any failures at this point is just weird. Did you do that to Obama? My guess is no.
lol There is no high wire act here. President Trump laid out a clear set of goals during the campaign and now he is working on achieving in an orderly fashion. You are allowing yourself to be distracted by noise from confused, often hysterical Democrats and reporters who are trying to convince you there are problems when there are none.
There has never been a President like this guy. There has never been a temperament/personality in the White House like this guy.

It's a risk for the party to have him representing them. That's what I mean by "high wire act".

If we can't even agree on that, never mind. We'll pretend this is just another presidency.
No two presidents have been the same. Obama help Democrats lose nearly 1,200 seats of power. Where were you all during that? The dems have lost so much power they are doing what they can with their operatives inside the government, including courts.

Let's not overlook the fact that you, like all libs (independent my ass) are trying to scare the right into abandoning Trump. Nobody cares about your high wire act all or nothing bullshit. Trump is doing and trying to do what we put him in office to do, why would we abandon what we wanted just because liberals aren't getting what they want? It makes no sense.
I don't give a shit if you abandon Trump or not, and that has nothing to do with my question. Maybe you should stop being so defensive.

He got you folks all excited because he was totally different, and now you want to pretend this is just another President and presidency.

Okay. I don't know what you think you're accomplishing, but just keep doing what you're told and I'll have this conversation with others.

I don't give a shit if you abandon Trump or not, and that has nothing to do with my question. Maybe you should stop being so defensive.

He got you folks all excited because he was totally different, and now you want to pretend this is just another President and presidency.

Okay. I don't know what you think you're accomplishing, but just keep doing what you're told and I'll have this conversation with others.

I love how when people don't accept Mac's conclusions, he doesn't want to talk with them. It's soooo cute.

You don't live in reality, everything goes through filters. I pointed out how ridiculous your assumptions are and you saw defensive. That's why you're a joke. Nothing that you pretend to be. Nor did I say he was just another president, I said the opposite, no two are the same. I don't know what you think you're accomplishing by being so intellectually dishonest.

I love how when people don't accept Mac's conclusions, he doesn't want to talk with them. It's soooo cute.
There ya go. A hardcore right winger and a hardcore left winger at the same time.

Damn I'm good.

I wub me.

You don't live in reality, everything goes through filters. I pointed out how ridiculous your assumptions are and you saw defensive. That's why you're a joke. Nothing that you pretend to be. Nor did I say he was just another president, I said the opposite, no two are the same. I don't know what you think you're accomplishing by being so intellectually dishonest.
Then don't worry about it.

Rush and Sean and Levin have you little soldiers convinced that you're in a war and that every battle must be won. Even on a freaking internet message board. Don't answer questions directly, don't have normal, adult conversations, don't give an inch. Ever. Period. You just can't.

That's okay, I'm used to it.

[

That's not true, either. Did you ever read up on Andrew Jackson? He makes Trump look like a piker on the whole "erratic behavior" front.

Jackson engaged in three duels with political opponents (one of who he killed), beat a would-be assassin senseless with his walking stick, and ignored the Supreme Court and forcibly removed Native Americans from Georgia. Jackson could run circles around Trump in the Crazy Department.

the problem was, of course, Jackson didn't have nukes or a strong federal government. Trump does.

Defensive much!?!

No one is trying to get you to abandon your support of Trump and if you are getting that from the OP then you are the one that is questioning your support and no one else.

Could the GOP lose control of the House and Senate while Trump is Preaident!?!

Sure just like Bush lost the House and Senate when he was Preaident... Now that does not mean Trump will lose in 2020 or the GOP will lose in 2018 but anything can happen.

I wish Trump voters would stop acting like Obama supporters and being little snowflakes on everything about Trump...

If you believe questioning the President or wondering about things is anti-American then you are no better than the Obama voters that cried racism every time some question Obama and his leadership...

Oh, and if you write I am Liberal then you're a closet Obama supporter pretending to be Conservative...

And you think Trump has a problem with narcissism?
It's just so damn easy, Joe.

To prove you are self-absorbed? Yes. yes it is.[/QUOTE]

The best part is how clearly you two have illustrated my sig for me.

And neither of you could help yourselves, I hadn't posted to you.

Yep. Damn I'm good.

Defensive much!?!

No one is trying to get you to abandon your support of Trump and if you are getting that from the OP then you are the one that is questioning your support and no one else.

Could the GOP lose control of the House and Senate while Trump is Preaident!?!

Sure just like Bush lost the House and Senate when he was Preaident... Now that does not mean Trump will lose in 2020 or the GOP will lose in 2018 but anything can happen.

I wish Trump voters would stop acting like Obama supporters and being little snowflakes on everything about Trump...

If you believe questioning the President or wondering about things is anti-American then you are no better than the Obama voters that cried racism every time some question Obama and his leadership...

Oh, and if you write I am Liberal then you're a closet Obama supporter pretending to be Conservative...
This can get pretty fun.

Then don't worry about it.

Rush and Sean and Levin have you little soldiers convinced that you're in a war and that every battle must be won. Even on a freaking internet message board. Don't answer questions directly, don't have normal, adult conversations, don't give an inch. Ever. Period. You just can't.

That's okay, I'm used to it.
Who said I was worried? You did. You lie post after post and expect to be taken seriously. Then you broadbrush like hell and completely misrepresent posters here. That's why you're a joke.

The premise of your argument is flawed. Said so in the beginning and why but you can't see a direct response? You called it a high wire act then accuse others of thinking it's a step by step battle? LOL.

Forum List

Back