Trump's morality, from a Christian perspective

If Trumpsters are going to be tolerant and forgiving of Trump's "morality", great.

Let's just see them apply the same degree of tolerance and forgiveness to the morality of others, those with whom they disagree politically. I'd think morality is more important than partisan politics, right?

It you're honestly willing to use Trump as a yardstick, if you're going to judge morality, you're willing to maintain a pretty freaking large morality tent.

Last edited:
Let me set some perspective here.

Any other Christians on this board who profess to know the Bible should know the story of Rahab the prostitute. Aka a whore. Almost irredeemably immoral by our standards.

I will agree that President Trump has his numerous moral flaws, too. What? I'm not blind, you know. Wipe that shocked look off your face.

Now, what was the one thing they both had in common? God used them for the greater good. He saw redemption in both of them. For any Christian to say that someone is hopelessly immoral obviously doesn't understand how God works.

God will redeem you and use you to make the lives of others around you better, regardless of your character or morality (or lack thereof).

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what am opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

Never tell me someone is irredeemable. Especially if you disagree with them politically or morally. If you are a Christian, look to God to help you see the good in others. If you're not, look within yourself, find out if you like what you see.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.
It's an excuse making thread.

tRump has no morals.
You'd think this would make the immoral more inclined to relate to him, but apparently it has the opposite effect.
Are you kidding? The evangelicals love him, and they are some of the most immoral people I have ever met.
What morality do you claim to hold, and what is the difference in the theory and the practice thereof?

If, for example, you claimed to hold the moral sentiment that "eating meat is immoral", the difference between you, if, say, you ate meat 364 days out of the year would not be the same as one who, say, eats meat 1 day out of year, but is otherwise vegan. (Regardless of what you or others believe the merit of such a cause, endeavor, or moral sentiment or idea is to begin with).

Much as this is assuming that you cared or were dedicated enough to whatever moral cause your support or presuppose to begin with, to actually keep a time track of how much you were actually dedicating to the cause in question, and were able to do it in a serious way to begin with, or acquire the things, ideas, traits, beliefs, axioms, tangible, character, or otherwise in order to succeed at it in anything resembling a serious or grown-up way, like that of a professional philanthropist or one aspiring to be so, rather than doing the bare minimum, in the vein of a child or a childish, inept, and ultimately unfeasible way, and believing it to be an egocentric accomplishment to begin with, and tactlessly and mannerlessly announcing it in a loud voice or bolt print, in general annoyance to the better members of society your community or paltry and other-than-remarkable segment thereof to begin with, in comparison and contrast to those more competently and socially vested in it to begin with, to put in or make the effort to learn more about it and the myriad of denizens, customs, cultures, rules, laws, families, churches, institutions, histories, landmarks and so forth which precede or exist outside your own immediate family, friends, social group (and your falsehoods, hasty generalizations, and/or misconceptions thereof), or selfishly-clung to ego sense of identity...

As if you falsely imagined yourself to be the only one doing it to begin with (assuming you were, and not lying about it), and not having enough time - as a means or result of your careless and selfish ways to begin with - to contribute any more than such a paltry, childish, or stingy endeavor, being the end result of not caring our being too self-centered enough to keep an honest or professional, adult's account of it to being with, leading you to falsely and erroneously believe that you "don't have enough of it", and "just need more of it" - time, that is, as many, if not most selfish and apathetic Americans and Britons do, apparently.
I hold the same basic moral beliefs as most Americans. Lying and cheating on your spouse are bad.

Does lying, cheating on your spouse and then lying about it to the American public, only coming clean when DNA proves they found your cum on your lovers dress qualify as "bad?"

If Trumpsters are going to be tolerant and forgiving of Trump's "morality", great.

Let's just see them apply the same degree of tolerance and forgiveness to the morality of others, those with whom they disagree politically.

Ok but will those on the left do that? To have them preach to those on the right about morality and then worship people like Bill Clinton removes any shred of credibility they may still have.

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY I know who voted for Trump (and there are dozens) say they voted for him because he's the second coming of Jesus. They voted for him for many reasons but they mainly center around because they felt he would make a good PRESIDENT. After all, that's what he was running for.

If he ever ran for Pope I would vote against him in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Does lying, cheating on your spouse and then lying about it to the American public, only coming clean when DNA proves they found your cum on your lovers dress qualify as "bad?"

yeah, it does. And frankly, if Clinton had been caught doing that today, post- #MeToo, he'd probably have been forced to resign.

Ok but will those on the left do that? To have them preach to those on the right about morality and then worship people like Bill Clinton removes any shred of credibility they may still have.

Here's the thing. Clinton apologized to the American People. He made good with his family. What he did was definitely wrong.

Meanwhile, Trump has cheated on all three of his wives... and frankly, I'm not seeing any remorse.

yeah, it does. And frankly, if Clinton had been caught doing that today, post- #MeToo, he'd probably have been forced to resign.

Here's the thing. Clinton apologized to the American People. He made good with his family. What he did was definitely wrong.

Meanwhile, Trump has cheated on all three of his wives... and frankly, I'm not seeing any remorse.

Clinton apologized ONLY WHEN HE GOT CAUGHT. He lied to cover it up. That renders his apology moot.

Clinton apologized ONLY WHEN HE GOT CAUGHT. He lied to cover it up. That renders his apology moot.

Um, yeah, he tried to cover it up to spare the young woman involved public embarrassment.

you guys don't really appreciate how much you destroyed Monica Lewisnsky's life on the hope that she would finally let you "get" Clinton.

Well then he should have thought twice about it, being a married man with children.

There is no good reason to lie when asked a direct question about if you slept with an intern. And asked under oath, you don't worry about "embarrassing" anyone. You tell the fucking truth, and under oath HE STILL LIED.

He's lying scum that the left worships like Jesus and then they have the audacity to say Trump is immoral. Like I said, the left has NO ROOM TO TALK.

I hold the same basic moral beliefs as most Americans. Lying and cheating on your spouse are bad.

Since you hold the party above all and routinely lie and cheat to further the lust for power by the party, if lying and cheating on your spouse would further the goals of the party, you'd do it without hesitating...

I'm just saying. Party above all.
You're just making shit up son.

As are you.

What's real is your seething hatred of anyone who deigns to support Trump.

You don't judge his morals because you care, or are concerned about his future...you only judge his morals because you see the people you vote for to be morally superior to him and the people who voted for him.

People like you are simply petty.
I judge his morals because I find him unsuited to be trusted with our presidency

Since you hold the party above all and routinely lie and cheat to further the lust for power by the party, if lying and cheating on your spouse would further the goals of the party, you'd do it without hesitating...

As are you.

You don't judge his morals because you care, or are concerned about his future...you only judge his morals because you see the people you vote for to be morally superior to him and the people who voted for him.

I judge his morals because I find him unsuited to be trusted with our presidency

Why? Too many people working, thus losing too many democratic votes?

So do you all think that Ukrainian soldier agree that Trump acts morally.

How about the Kurds?

How about all the immigrant children that have been separated from their parents?

How much immorality will Trump do and still have Trumpbots declare that he's acting morally?

Perhaps your idea of morality is backwards!

Ah, but as long as he is repentant, it's okay. Of course, Trump has never actually been repentant. He does not apologize even after having his charity foundation closed down because it was a scam.

Let's just see them apply the same degree of tolerance and forgiveness to the morality of others, those with whom they disagree politically. I'd think morality is more important than partisan politics, right?

It you're honestly willing to use Trump as a yardstick, if you're going to judge morality, you're willing to maintain a pretty freaking large morality tent.

Trump is considered moral, gays are an abomination

A position that Trump's morals are reason for impeachment is something I don't agree with. It is reason why I could not and would not vote for him.

As are you.

Why? Too many people working, thus losing too many democratic votes?
More people are unemployed than at any time in history
173 million are not working at last count

Any other Christians on this board who profess to know the Bible should know the story of Rahab the prostitute. Aka a whore. Almost irredeemably immoral by our standards.

I will agree that President Trump has his numerous moral flaws, too. What? I'm not blind, you know. Wipe that shocked look off your face.

Now, what was the one thing they both had in common? God used them for the greater good. He saw redemption in both of them. For any Christian to say that someone is hopelessly immoral obviously doesn't understand how God works.

God will redeem you and use you to make the lives of others around you better, regardless of your character or morality (or lack thereof).

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what an opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

Never tell me someone is irredeemable. Especially if you disagree with them politically or morally. If you are a Christian, look to God to help you see the good in others. If you're not, look within yourself, find out if you like what you see.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

Do you honestly believe the blob thinks he did anything wrong when he paid off (at least) 2 women to keep quiet about his affairs with them?

Interesting. Why are you so suddenly interested in judging Trump by Christian standards? I thought you hated Christians.

Never uttered those words.

Now back to the topic of your thread...the blob’s Christianity...

Do you honestly believe the blob thinks he did anything wrong when he paid off (at least) 2 women to keep quiet about his affairs with them?

Do you honestly think I care?

His morality is his own business. What he does for me and my country is.

Moses had blood on his hands. Yet he came back and led all of Israel out of their oppression in Egypt. Was Moses perfect? Nope. But he is who God chose to lead the Israelites.

Is Trump perfect? No. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But he is who I chose to lead my country.

Do I think God put him there? Only God knows. But if God has put him there, it is for his will, and his will alone, that he is in the White House right now.

And... uh.... "blob"?

You do realize you aren't in the 3rd grade anymore, right?
FYI...

Immorality is not just adulterous affairs, it is chronic lying, deceiving, cheating, stealing from others, leading good Christians astray.... etc etc etc

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what an opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

Interesting. Why are you so suddenly interested in judging Trump by Christian standards? I thought you hated Christians.

Never uttered those words.

Now back to the topic of your thread...the blob’s Christianity...

Do you honestly think I care?

His morality is his own business. What he does for me and my country is.

Moses had blood on his hands. Yet he came back and led all of Israel out of their oppression in Egypt. Was Moses perfect? Nope. But he is who God chose to lead the Israelites.

Is Trump perfect? No. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But he is who I chose to lead my country.

Do I think God put him there? Only God knows. But if God has put him there, it is for his will, and his will alone, that he is in the White House right now.

And... uh.... "blob"?

You do realize you aren't in the 3rd grade anymore, right?
FYI...

Immorality is not just adulterous affairs, it is chronic lying, deceiving, cheating, stealing from others, leading good Christians astray.... etc etc etc

Trump is immoral in his private life
Trump is immoral in his business life
Trump is immoral in his political life

Trump's morality may be an interesting question, but it is in no way dispositive of his being a competent or successful President - and by most rational measures he is both. But one cannot ignore the fact that his harshest critics...

• Condone fornication (e.g., co-habitation),
  • Refuse to condemn adultery in anyone but Donald Trump (e.g., Bill Clinton),
  • Celebrate homosexual sodomy,
  • Perpetually lie when it suits their political purposes (as the impeachment hearings demonstrated daily),
  • Violently support the practice of killing innocent, viable babies in the womb and
  • Utterly reject the very idea of objective morality (except for people they don't like).
So debating the morality of Donald Trump with a Leftist is like debating the rules of soccer with...someone like me.

The Donald notoriously engaged in a number of adulterous affairs over the course of his long and microscopically examined public life. Nevertheless, from all indications he has been able to reconcile with everyone involved in manners that were satisfactory to all. There is no indication that he has engaged in any such conduct in at least the last ten years and since he is now over 70 years old, it is logical to assume that his cheatin' days are over. No rational person would presume to know that he is morally damaged in this regard based on current information. Even Santa Clause doesn't keep his old lists about.

His "racism" is entirely a Media-created phenomenon, as are his misogyny, homo-phobia (sic), ethnic bigotry, and hatred of "immigrants" - of which classification his present wife is one. His "hatred" of Muslims is not borne out by anything he has ever done. Even his "Muslim ban" was a Media created joke. If banning of Muslims was his intention, how on earth did he ignore Indonesia - the country with the most Muslims in the world? Or Iran. Or Pakistan. And if he wanted to ban Muslims, why were Christians and everybody else from the targeted countries included in the "ban"? It is preposterous.

And he is no more a "liar" than the Leftist whores who daily declared that his petty machinations with the Ukrainians "compromised our national security, " a claim that lacks any connection with geopolitical reality - as the speakers knew when they uttered those preposterous words.

Donald Trump doesn't strike me as a "nice" person, or someone I'd like to have lunch with (more than once in my life). Like most millennials, he probably considers himself the Final Authority on most religious and moral questions, but I have seen nothing immoral in his recent personal life, or in the way he goes about being our President. As for his business ethics in the past, I find them appalling, but I also have enough business experience dealing with contractors in Trump's neighborhood to know that he is typical of the breed...no worse and no better than most.

I have no basis on which to conclude that he is an immoral person, and he is as sincere and genuine as most sales people. If that is "damning with faint praise," so be it.

That post is a winner, maybe even better than mine. :)

Forum List

Back