🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trumps newest appointment seems to break nepotism law

That seems pretty clear. "May not ..... . employ".. Which means that even if he GETS advice from Kushner, Trump cannot grant clearances, WH access, and other passes to this guy.

I'd challenge it. Have the Atty Gen investigate. OH SNAP !!! The A.G. is gonna be a buddy... .

I think this might fall under my FAVORITE dept of the Fed Govt. The ONE agency that isn't scared to point shit out and string people up.. That's the Office of Inspector General. They are pretty darn independent AND competent. They should be the only ones given raises and promotions. :biggrin:

Jared Kushner to be named Trump senior adviser: media
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump will appoint his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to the position of senior adviser to the president, media outlets reported on Monday, a potentially thorny choice in the face of anti-nepotism law.
The appointment of Kushner, first reported by NBC, had been anticipated but it had been unclear what his official role would be. The New York Times and ABC also reported the upcoming appointment. The Times reported that his title could be adjusted.
Like Trump, Kushner is a New York-based real estate developer with a wide net of business dealings that could pose potential conflicts of interest.
Kushner, who married Trump's eldest daughter, Ivanka, in 2009, helped guide Republican Trump to victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 presidential election.
I don't see how this wouldn't go against the nepotism law.

I was listening to this on NPR - not this specific appointment but the possibility of Trump family members being appointed and it's not that clear. For example they can be appointed to a non-paying position and it doesn't technically break the law though it looks bad and breaks the spirit of the law.

Is there not a defense on this?

No, you will find there is no defense for a lot of this but they will call you doody head and react emotionally at any questions directed toward Putin's Pick.
shutup CC. Nobody gives a fuck

Emotional
I don't need your partisan drivel. I am actually wanting to discuss the issue.

How can you discuss anything when you dismiss people out right who agree with you depending on who they are?

who gives a damn what Shit4hair does?
When in Rome do as the Romans do

Senator Chuck Schumer trolled GOP leader Mitch McConnell by sending him the actual letter McConnell sent to Harry Reid in 2009 demanding that President Obama's Cabinet nominee's be fully vetted.

Schumer sends McConnell his own 2009 letter demanding Obama nominee vetting
Schumer has criticized Senate Republicans for pushing confirmation hearings without full ethics reviews complete.
THEHILL.COM

Really? Is this what loony Trump-Haters have come to? This actually troubles them? Really? :cuckoo:

A senior advisor has no true political power. So this is a non issue. Now if he were head of a department running an agency, that is a different story.

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump will appoint his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to the position of senior adviser to the president, media outlets reported on Monday, a potentially thorny choice in the face of anti-nepotism law.
The appointment of Kushner, first reported by NBC, had been anticipated but it had been unclear what his official role would be. The New York Times and ABC also reported the upcoming appointment. The Times reported that his title could be adjusted.
Like Trump, Kushner is a New York-based real estate developer with a wide net of business dealings that could pose potential conflicts of interest.
Kushner, who married Trump's eldest daughter, Ivanka, in 2009, helped guide Republican Trump to victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 presidential election.

I was listening to this on NPR - not this specific appointment but the possibility of Trump family members being appointed and it's not that clear. For example they can be appointed to a non-paying position and it doesn't technically break the law though it looks bad and breaks the spirit of the law.
Well, they get paid. Probably well. But im not so sure if it has anything to do with it.. IMO it seems to be more in line with the actual role. Actually having jurisdiction or something.

Is there not a defense on this?

No, you will find there is no defense for a lot of this but they will call you doody head and react emotionally at any questions directed toward Putin's Pick.
shutup CC. Nobody gives a fuck

Emotional
I don't need your partisan drivel. I am actually wanting to discuss the issue.

How can you discuss anything when you dismiss people out right who agree with you depending on who they are?
Deer geezus, read your first post.

Well, they get paid. Probably well. But im not so sure if it has anything to do with it.. IMO it seems to be more in line with the actual role. Actually having jurisdiction or something.

Maybe...I'll have to see if I can find a link to the discussion.

Forum List

Back