Trump's tariffs were supposed to reduce the trade deficit

It's a bit premature to making making assessments about the effects of Trump's tariffs on the trade deficit. The article even made that point.
It certainly isn't a good sign. We are paying tariffs and they are shipping more here than ever.
Moron in the WH doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground

It's a bit premature to making making assessments about the effects of Trump's tariffs on the trade deficit. The article even made that point.
It certainly isn't a good sign. We are paying tariffs and they are shipping more here than ever.
Is it a sign or just wishful thinking on the part of partisans.

“The way the U.S. has structured the tariffs encourages front-loading because firms that know they’re going to hit with tariffs would rather pay 10 percent than 25 percent,” he said.

Plus, the 10 percent tariffs were almost entirely offset by the fall in the Chinese currency, which has depreciated by more than 8 percent since June. This makes Chinese products cheaper overseas.
China’s trade surplus with the U.S. hit a record $34.1 billion in September amid trade war

“The way the U.S. has structured the tariffs encourages front-loading because firms that know they’re going to hit with tariffs would rather pay 10 percent than 25 percent,” he said.

Plus, the 10 percent tariffs were almost entirely offset by the fall in the Chinese currency, which has depreciated by more than 8 percent since June. This makes Chinese products cheaper overseas.
China’s trade surplus with the U.S. hit a record $34.1 billion in September amid trade war
So how long are WE going to be paying tariffs? China won't care till there is a slow down in exports to the US.

Trump's Tariffs were meant to get other nation's to renegotiate with us for us to get a more fair trade agreement and to stop letting other nations from taking advantage of us.
China sending us their resources for real cheap was taking advantage of us? We want to pay more for their resources?

So how long are WE going to be paying tariffs? China won't care till there is a slow down in exports to the US.
I don't claim to have the answers but it is stated that we have yet to begin noticing the tariffs due to the depreciation of the Yuan.

I don't claim to have the answers but it is stated that we have yet to begin noticing the tariffs due to the depreciation of the Yuan.
It could take a very long time...

Time will tell.
Elections do have consequences.

Time will tell.
Yes only time can tell this one. You aren’t concerned that every good economist is against tariffs?

Not to worry, I'm sure if you ever get a Democrat in there they'll reverse everything.

And they will, dumbass. Things like this are not a quick fix, especially when the fucking up was decades in the making.
Based on history tariffs have never fixed anything...

Based on history, the US government funded itself on tariffs for well over a century before Income Tax was implemented. Next!

Perhaps you should not have "Brain" in your handle.

Time will tell.
Yes only time can tell this one. You aren’t concerned that every good economist is against tariffs?
Not really. Nor am I sure what to you makes a good economist. I'm just an interested observer.

And they will, dumbass. Things like this are not a quick fix, especially when the fucking up was decades in the making.
Based on history tariffs have never fixed anything...

Based on history, the US government funded itself on tariffs for well over a century before Income Tax was implemented. Next!

Perhaps you should not have "Brain" in your handle.
Yes, it is great as a tax. So? Did they change the tariffs of other countries?

Time will tell.
Not really. Nor am I sure what to you makes a good economist. I'm just an interested observer.
As student of economics I don't expect it to end well. But we can hope for the best I suppose.

Forum List

Back