Trump's top black campaign surrogate says blacks were better off under Jim Crow

Do you agree with trump that blacks were better off under Jim Crow?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters
They were selectively excluded from the new post war suburbs and relegated to the old deteriorating\depreciating inner city properties.

And what about the folks that lived in rural areas of the country? There's a black family right down the road from me that owns about 3,000 acres and have for generations. And exactly what prevented them from fixing those properties and neighborhoods up?

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Do I? I wasn't born then either and my family didn't even come to this country until the 1980s so it's really funny to watch you claim I love Segregationists Democrats just to mask your own admitted ignorance. So now that you know Black Americans didn't get to enjoy the same benefits as whites have your feelings on the matter changed? :dunno:

It doesn't alter the facts, wealth is better accumulated in two parent households regardless of race and all that was changed by new laws more than 6 decades ago.

Not my history, I wasn't born then. But you folks still worship the commiecrats that did all that. Go figure.

If you are an American, it is your history. Democrats were not the only ones that practiced Jim Crow. And it was a Republican, Rutherford Hayes, that made Jim Crow possible. It was 4 Republican supreme court justices who voted in the affirmative out of the 7 affirmative votes for separate but equal that made Jim Crow national law.

Really? Not according to stats.

It was 5.5% under Trump, so you're not doing better under Biden, you're doing worse. Now MUCH worse.

But don't let facts get in the way of your "hate Trump" narrative. For being black, you sure don't know much about your own race and how they're doing. I guess you have to go to whites like me to tell you, since you're too dumb to know yourself.
Biden has done better for blacks than trump. Record investment in HBCUS. Lowest black unemployment rate in history. More black owned businsses opening than ever before, more black judges. Sorry white boy, you don't know anything.

• Providing Immediate Relief to Black People and Families through the American Rescue Plan. The ARP provides cash relief directly to low- and middle-income Americans, and is projected to cut the Black child poverty rate by more than 50% this year and has already cut Black child poverty by 40.1%, lifting approximately 420,000 Black children out of poverty between June and July alone. In addition, the Plan increased Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits by 15% through September 2021. Through this Plan, the President has reduced food insecurity in Black households – which had been double the White household rate – between one-fourth and one-third since early July.
  • Leveraging Federal Procurement to Narrow the Racial Wealth Gap for Black Entrepreneurs and Families. Recognizing that the Federal government spends more than $650 billion each year on purchasing goods and services, President Biden has directed agencies to use federal purchasing power to grow federal contracting with small disadvantaged businesses, including Black-owned businesses, by 50%, translating to an additional $100 billion over five years, and helping more Americans realize their entrepreneurial dreams.
  • Extending a Lifeline to Struggling Small Businesses. The American Rescue Plan provided emergency grants, lending, and investment to hard-hit small businesses – including Black businesses – so they can rehire and retain workers and purchase the health and sanitation equipment they need to keep workers safe. This includes a Small Business Opportunity Fund to provide growth capital to main street small businesses in economically disadvantaged areas, including minority-owned businesses.
  • Ensuring Black Homeowners Get Full Value for their Homes. In June, President Biden directed the launch of a first-of-its-kind interagency effort to address inequity in home appraisals and conduct rulemaking to aggressively combat housing discrimination. The effort, led by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Marcia Fudge and Domestic Policy Advisor Susan Rice, is developing a set of policy recommendations and actions for President Biden to redress racial bias in home appraisals.
  • Protecting Black Americans’ Access to Housing by Combating Housing Discrimination. Following President Biden’s Presidential Memorandum directing his Administration to address racial discrimination in the housing market, HUD published a rule in the Federal Register entitled “Restoring Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Definitions and Certifications” that requires HUD funding recipients to complete an assessment of fair housing issues, identify fair housing priorities and goals, and then commit to meaningful actions to meet those goals and remedy identified issues.
  • Helping Black Americans Stay in their Homes. President Biden’s American Rescue Plan has helped Americans stay in their homes by providing emergency aid to cover back rent. In addition, the ARP helps struggling homeowners catch up with their mortgage payments and utility costs through the Homeowners Assistance Fund. And, it provided additional funding for families and individuals who are recovering from or at risk of homelessness.
  • Assisting Black Land Owners in Resolving Title Issues. An estimated 60% of Black-owned land in the South is heirs’ property—property that passes through inheritance without a will and that, as a result, has historically rendered owners ineligible for USDA programs, including lending. In July, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) rolled out the Heirs’ Property Relending Program, which primarily aids underserved communities, including Black Americans. The new program provides funds to assist heirs in resolving ownership and succession issues on farmland with multiple owners.
  • Dismantling Barriers to Accessing Department of Agriculture (USDA) Programs and Services. The ARP provides funding for USDA to establish one or more equity commissions to address historical discrimination and disparities in the agricultural sector. In September, USDA began requesting nominations for membership on the Equity Commission Advisory Committee and Equity Commission Subcommittee on Agriculture. The Equity Commission Advisory Committee will advise the Secretary of Agriculture by identifying USDA programs, policies, systems, structures, and practices that contribute to barriers to inclusion or access, systemic discrimination, or exacerbate or perpetuate racial, economic, health and social disparities
  • Ensuring that Federal Grants Don’t Support Discriminatory Activities. In June, the Department of Transportation (DOT) issued an Order requiring its offices to review the potential discriminatory impact of grantees’ proposed activities before awarding federal funds. Under the Order, the agency won’t award federal financial assistance until that is satisfactorily completed.

Last edited:
You are attempting to make the argument that white owners are only racist when it comes to hiring coaches and other staff and completely racist when it comes to other teams sports like hockey. For individual sports like tennis and golf, you have no argument at all. Owners want to win and will hire the best person for the job, just like the vast majority of other business owners in this country. What you want is to say that far more black people, per capita, are qualified to be professional athletes than whites. There is no racism involved in the choosing of pro NBA or NFL players, just qualifications. Should white people be given a 10 yard head start when running the 40 in the combine? Does that make any sense to you? What are not willing to say that perhaps there are more qualified white people, per capita, for many positions in corporate America than black people, a fact that is undeniably true that this is the case based on educational background and experience. For the record, I am not talking about an innate ability or disability, I am talking about qualifications necessary to be hired as a CEO, an engineer, a computer programmer, etc. We can discuss why not as many black people don’t have those qualifications, but that is a different topic.

In short, we are told by the woke community that it is ok, in the name of diversity, to level the playing field by potentially not hiring the most qualified person for a position in corporate America but would never dream of doing the same for players in the NFL or NBA. No business or team owner should hire a lesser qualified person if they want their business or team to be as successful as possible.
I am not attempting to do anything. The record speaks for itself. Those like you try will go to any end to deny the very racism you practice yourself.

Let me explain something to you. Whites were given a 199 year head start in this country, so you can stop pretenduing that everything has always been equal or is equal now. The 40 yeard dash is not everything to an NFL team. They are corportations and they have office staff, training staffs, nutrition staffs, psychologists and their staffs, maintenance/equipment staffs, Marketing/Advertising/PR and their staffs, HR, Accountiing, legal and their staffs, as well as medical doctors and their staffs. The players are just a small part of the business.

We are told by the racists that in the name of diversity how the most qualifed aren't being hired as if only whites are qualified. Well, racist, I'm telling you that unqualified whites have always been hired and that diversity was created to end whites only whether they were qualified or not. It's time the racist lies stopped on this matter.

You want to talk about only the players in just 2 sports while ignoring all the sports where whites are the most. This is where your racism shows. So if you want to compare this to other businesess, then create a system where all applicants are allowed to perform the job duties for several months while gradually cutting those who do not perform up to expectations until you have the person you want. Thats how it's done in the NFL and NBA. There are more whites playing both sports, and plenty of whites get to compete for jobs. But they are unable to perform the tasks requred as well as blacks and that's why they don't get hired. Perhaps if businsess did it the same way, there would not be as many whites with jobs.

Byron and Tim are battling for Coon of the Year. It's obvious this fool has never talked to his parents or grandparents or he wouldn't make stupid ass remarks like that in front of an all-white audience. It reminds me of the time when Uncle Thomas threw his sister under the bus in front of an all-white audience. What a disgrace.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
Byron and Tim are battling for Coon of the Year. It's obvious this fool has never talked to his parents or grandparents or he wouldn't make stupid ass remarks like that in front of an all-white audience. It reminds me of the time when Uncle Thomas threw his sister under the bus in front of an all-white audience. What a disgrace.
Yeah, it's sad to see brothers grovelling like this.

The actual quote:

"You see, during Jim Crow, the Black family was together," Rep. Byron Donalds, R-Fla., who is Black, said during a discussion with a right-wing sports reporter, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. “During Jim Crow, more Black people were not just conservative — Black people have always been conservative-minded — but more Black people voted conservatively. And then H.E.W., Lyndon Johnson — you go down that road, and now we are where we are."

The actual quote:

"You see, during Jim Crow, the Black family was together," Rep. Byron Donalds, R-Fla., who is Black, said during a discussion with a right-wing sports reporter, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. “During Jim Crow, more Black people were not just conservative — Black people have always been conservative-minded — but more Black people voted conservatively. And then H.E.W., Lyndon Johnson — you go down that road, and now we are where we are."
Donalds was implying that blacks were better off during Jim Crow. It's the same dumb argument you see here. Black families were better off during segregation and LBJS Great Society destroyed black families.

Rep. Byron Donalds, R-Fla., who was described in March by CNN as trump's most trusted advisor, and on the short VP list is out making sure that black voters clearly understand trump's attitude toward black voters. Mr Donalds said at an event that blacks were better off under Jim Crow. A quick unscientific survey of every black person I asked, seemed to disagree with Donald's remark. Whether blacks think they were better off of not doesn't really matter because trump's surrogate has made it clear what he thinks of the situation. Check the survey whether you agree with trump or not.

That's not what he said of course.

Forum List

Back