Trump's top black campaign surrogate says blacks were better off under Jim Crow

Do you agree with trump that blacks were better off under Jim Crow?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters
Blacks were better off under Jim Crow is the subject.

”Trump's top black campaign surrogate says blacks were better off under Jim Crow”

How were you better off under Jim Crow?
The claim is that black families were ruined by The Great Society programs. And I'm not the one saying we were better off during Jim Crow. I say Byron Donalds is an idiot.

Wrong. Generational wealth was created by government programs whites were alowed to enter that blacks were excluded from.

According to the study, “Black Reparations for Twentieth Century Federal Housing Discrimination: the Construction of White Wealth and the Effects of Denied Black homeownership” written by Jane Kim, Federal housing policies that excluded blacks from funding provided the equivalent of 1.239 quintillion dollars to create white wealth in the 20th century.

You aren’t owed reperations. Any argument you have that starts with not earning your way is a nonstarter. Grow up.

The claim is that black families were ruined by The Great Society programs. And I'm not the one saying we were better off during Jim Crow. I say Byron Donalds is an idiot.
That makes you a retard.

White single moms have generations of families behind them. Of course they have more than a third generation single mom black. Given enough time time that single white mom and her single white daughter will have nothing as well. It’s much harder to maintain wealth than just waste it.
Sorry but that excuse ain't going to work. This is not about black families. During Jim Crow black poverty was as high as 87 percent. In 1960 it was 55 percent. It's less than haf that now. The problem is white racism, and I say that based on life experience, not my feelings because I don't want to be made to feel bad because I'm white, or based upon selected reading by blacks who hold my particular point of view.

You aren’t owed reperations. Any argument you have that starts with not earning your way is a nonstarter. Grow up.
Whites have earned nothing. We are owed the same amount of handouts whites have been given that we were denied. I don't give a fuck what you say is a non starter. So YOU grow up and stop living in the lie whites like you tel yourselves about America.

Tell us the hell you grew up in,

I don't have anything to prove to you . I am black in America. You are a white racist. So don't ask me questions as if you aren't part of the reason why blacks struggle.

Yes we do know and percentages are not people.
It seems they are geography...

1717644325677.png

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I think you mean the Cracker sub-set of White America.
Thank yu for making that clear. Because these pussies will start whining about hatred of all whites when the truth is, not every white person is a racist, not every white person is part of the problem. Specifically it is white right wing extremists who are the problem. Or MAGA. Same thing.

Na, I have the first amendment right to peacefuly ar my grievance in this country. So maybe you adjust your attitude. Racism is widespread in Europe as well. After all, that is were the modern construct of race was first developed.

MAGA MAGGOTS hate the First Amendment..

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
It seems they are geography...

View attachment 958189
Exactly. But Repubicans think blacks are stupid and so they try talking about the Democrats owning slaves, or the percentage of Republicans who voted for civil rights. I'm not a rapper. I don't even listen to much rap music. I grew up listening to George Clinton, the Isleys, James Brown, etc.. That's music rappers sample. So maybe these nuts can fool a rapper but...

MAGA MAGGOTS hate the First Amendment..
Especially when blacks use it. Ask Kaepernick. To them he dissed the flag and our military but Trumps refusing to peacefully transfer power to the next president. which is the ultimate symbol of what our flag represents and what our military fights for, is OK

Citizen.
Please.
It fights for American hegemony.
True. But I was trying to compare Trumps real disrespect for the flag and military to what Kaepernick was jumped on for.

That makes you a retard.
No, it makes me correct. I was 17 before Donalds got slapped on his black ass by the doctor in order to start breathing. He knows nothing about what life was like for blacks during Jim Crow.

Evidence shows that blacks are better off now.

"The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household."
"In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure."

-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

This was the point. From your er link:

Not surprisingly, single parent households have much higher poverty rates and significantly lower wealth than two-parent households.

And when roughly 70% of black children are born into single parent households, they have little to no chance of building intergenerational wealth. And why do you think Hispanics do quite a bit better than blacks in pretty much all categories? Could it be that only about 42% of their children are born into single parent households? Also whites are around 24% single parent households. Can you see any correlation here? Can you say, all races do better with two parent household.

Not surprisingly, single parent households have much higher poverty rates and significantly lower wealth than two-parent households.

And when roughly 70% of black children are born into single parent households, they have little to no chance of building intergenerational wealth. And why do you think Hispanics do quite a bit better than blacks in pretty much all categories? Could it be that only about 42% of their children are born into single parent households? Also whites are around 24% single parent households. Can you see any correlation here? Can you say, all races do better with two parent household.

Again, I'm black. That's not the problem and hispanics do not do much better. Whites have 15 times the wealth of blacks and 13 times the wealth of hispanics. You don't know the stats, so you and every other white person making this claim don't know what you are talking about.

"In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood.

Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure."

-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

In 1959 the poverty rate for all American families was 20.8 percent. For white families, it was 16.5 percent. For black families, 54.9 percent. During the time people declare that black families were “intact,” black family poverty was 3.33 times that of white ones. In 1966, the American poverty rate was 13.1 percent. For white families, the poverty rate was 9.7 percent, and for black families, 40.9 percent. In 1966, black family poverty was 4.2 times that of white families.

In 2020 the poverty rate for all American families was 9.5 percent. Poverty for black families was 17.4 percent, white families 8.2 percent. In 2020, black family poverty remained two times that of white families.

From 1959 through 2020 blacks have consstently lived at double the rate of poverty while whites have lived below the American poverty rate. It has not mattered whether America was practicing segregation. It has not mattered that blacks have become better educated. It has not mattered if black households were traditional two parent families. The single parent claim is bs, so is the claim of how LBJ's Great Society caused the decline of the black family.

Last edited:
Byron Donald busted. Now stop lying about what Donalds said.

It isn't single family homes that prevents black families from building intergenerational wealth, nor was it bootstraps that helped poor and middle class white families build their wealth. Those are results of the segregated assistance programs during the 20th century that subsidized white home ownership and the moving of the white middle class to subsidized white suburbs while pushing black families into red lined communities.

• Fact
Reactions: cnm

Forum List

Back