Trumps VP pick

They cannot move. The electors for Florida cannot vote for Trump and another Florida resident.

If they moved, they would have to resign from Congress or as governor because you cannot hold those offices without being residents of Florida. Your understanding of the Constitution is wrong, like 95% of America,
Can the governor of Florida, temporarily appoint a person, a Republican to fill the empty position of the candidate that resigned? And keep the seat Republican?
No, there is not. The 12th Amendment says an elector cannot vote for two people from their same state. The electors from Florida can vote for Trump or the Florida resident VP, but not for both.
They don't get separate votes for VP and president anymore. There is no way to vote separately for a VP or hold a vote back of a vp. No elector in any state votes for VP separately.

The entire state's electoral college vote, will not count with two from the same state. In Florida's case....the presidential candidate and vp, loses Florida's 30 electoral votes.....all 30 of them.

Can the governor of Florida, temporarily appoint a person, a Republican to fill the empty position of the candidate that resigned? And keep the seat Republican?

They don't get separate votes for VP and president anymore. There is no way to vote separately for a VP or hold a vote back of a vp. No elector in any state votes for VP separately.

The entire state's electoral college vote, will not count with two from the same state. In Florida's case....the presidential candidate and vp, loses Florida's 30 electoral votes.....all 30 of them.
dont bother explaining facts to them they are in their own little world

Do you think it’s essential for Trump to pander and pick a woman or person of color? Would it hurt him if he picks a white guy?
In 10 yrs I’ve never started a thread, hopefully I did it right.
You're doing fine. :)

My guess is Stefanik.

Do you think it’s essential for Trump to pander and pick a woman or person of color? Would it hurt him if he picks a white guy?
If folk ignored character and colour and voted for those that can deliver results, then things would be different in the US for the better.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

He lost last time. He needs someone who will give him a swing state. He'll choose someone from the six swing states. Probably Georgia, as that pissed him off the most.

But he needs someone who gives him something he doesn't have. So it won't be Margorie Failure Green.

The original plea deal was really sweet. It gave Hunter total immunity for all crimes forever.

What was the sweetheart deal? None of your articles state the deal or what the judge was upset with? Divergence?? That's a normal plea deal on first time offenders.

Trump is pandering if he picks a women or person of color but Biden checks both of those boxes and not a peep ?

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Trump is pandering if he picks a women or person of color but Biden checks both of those boxes and not a peep ?
It's all a form of pandering, and the VP position is usually to fill a void on both sides of the aisle, 'pandering to those voters' in a state, of a specific gender, or race, or even an area of weakness for the running presidential candidate....

Cheney was chosen because Bush Jr lacked foreign policy expertise...same with Obama picking Joe Biden, who had foreign affairs expertise.... easing electorate concerns.

Forum List

Back