Trump’s Wall Costs $21.6 Billion; Illegal Immigration Costs $148.3 Billion Per Year

So you want to throw 21.6 BILLION down the toilet?
You celebrated like hell when Barack Obama threw $10 trillion down the toilet. At least a wall will serve an actual purpose.
500 times now I have told you that I am not a liberal. i have been here since 2007 and have over 16,000 posts to prove it. I am giving you REALITY here. I doubt many of you have even seen the southern border. A 30' foot wall is NOTHING. I have 40' extension ladder in my garage.
I do not support the wall. I think that money would be exponentially better spent on technology. But that being said, it's absurd to proclaim a 30-foot wall "nothing". I mean, I'm glad you have a "40-foot extension ladder" in your garage but are you planning on carrying that for 400 miles through the desert? If not - then you literally make no case here whatsoever.

If you'll ever watch the video, you'll note that they can drive a vehicle up to the wall--LOL So extension ladders will be no problem at all. You also will notice the 240 TUNNELS they found in San Diego alone to get under an existing wall, and they know there are more that they haven't found.

The only way to handle the border is with high tech and 21.6 billion dollars would go a long way in getting that done.

800x450

The ins and outs of U.S.-Mexico border tunnels

Drug cartels have no problems spending millions of dollars on tunnels.

It doesn't matter if the wall doesnt do what it was intended to do. Keeping a promise to his base, a $58 billion promise, is all that counts.

The only way to handle the border is with high tech and 21.6 billion dollars would go a long way in getting that done.
I agree with you 100% on that. But you're dead-wrong on everything you're saying about the wall. For starters - almost none of the people who cross the border do so in an automobile. They come on foot. That is a fact.

In addition - what good is a ladder and a truck when there is a 30-foot drop on the other side that will definitely break bones and likely kill you? And don't tell me anyone is carrying a second 40-foot ladder up the first 40-foot ladder and dropping it properly on the other side. Unless the people are fuck'n Navy Seals - that isn't happening ever.

It will overwhelmingly stem the flow. But that being said - it's simply not the best use of the money. Drones to cover all of the border (including gulf states which won't get the wall) is a much better use of the funds. Technology would be more effective and more efficient than a wall.

I agree with you 100% on that. But you're dead-wrong on everything you're saying about the wall. For starters - almost none of the people who cross the border do so in an automobile. They come on foot. That is a fact.

In addition - what good is a ladder and a truck when there is a 30-foot drop on the other side that will definitely break bones and likely kill you? And don't tell me anyone is carrying a second 40-foot ladder up the first 40-foot ladder and dropping it properly on the other side. Unless the people are fuck'n Navy Seals - that isn't happening ever.

It will overwhelmingly stem the flow. But that being said - it's simply not the best use of the money. Drones to cover all of the border (including gulf states which won't get the wall) is a much better use of the funds. Technology would be more effective and more efficient than a wall.

Have you ever heard of a rope and pulley's, generators that they can bring, along with cement saws, & jackhammers. You build a 1000 mile wall you'll have a 1000 holes in it,and a tunnels underneath it as soon as it's built.

They have the same tools we have and these coyotes know where to go, and they're excellent at getting around obstacles. They're probably laughing their ass's off about this wall right now. They will go right to the WALL because they know it won't be as protected by border patrol who will be concentrating on areas where there is no WALL.

The biggest success we had was when G.W. Bush ordered National Guard down to the border. Attempted crossings dropped by a whopping 67%, just because they knew they were there. Now you think we would learn something from that, but hell no we have got this orange haired jack ass that doesn't know jack shit about the border who has trilled the mass's with the idea of a worthless 21.6 billion 30' wall that he claims will work.

Last edited:

Have you ever heard of a rope and pulley's, generators that they can bring, along with cement saws, & jackhammers. You build a 1000 mile wall you'll have a 1000 holes in it,and a tunnels underneath it as soon as it's built.

They have the same tools we do and these coyotes know where to go, and they're excellent at getting around obstacles. They're probably laughing their ass's off about this wall right now. They will go right to the WALL because they know it won't be as protected by border patrol who will be concentrating on areas where there is no WALL.

The biggest success we had was when G.W. Bush ordered National Guard down to the border. Attempted crossings dropped by a whopping 67%, just because they knew they were there. Now you think we would learn something from that, but hell no we have got this orange haired jack ass that doesn't know jack shit about the border who has trilled the mass's with the idea of a worthless 30' wall that he claims will work.
Shoot first ask questions later

Have you ever heard of a rope and pulley's, generators that they can bring, along with cement saws, & jackhammers.
Have you ever heard of uninformed bullshit? The overwhelming majority of people that have crossed the border don't own an automobile - much less generators and jackhammers. Jesus...who the fuck owns a jackhammer? I have a billion times the wealth that these people do and I don't own a jackhammer. I do own a generator but it weighs a mere 1,200lbs. or so and couldn't be carried by two men for 5 feet much less hundreds of miles through a dessert.

You don't need insane bullshit to support your position. Your absolutely right that technology is the better solution. But you're killing yourself with nonsense. Nobody takes you seriously when you try to claim that these people from a fuck'n third-world country are showing up with Hummer, generators, jackhammers, and a pulley system. You sound like a lunatic and it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about when you say this nonsense.

We've all heard the snowflake lies about the cost of the wall and the cost of illegal immigration. Here's a more credible examination of the facts.

President Donald Trump announced that he will fulfill his campaign promise to build a nearly 2,000 mile long wall (not a fence) along America’s southern border with Mexico.

The idea is that a physical barrier will act as a low-cost deterrent, and will help stem the flow of illegal immigrants entering America via Mexico—the hope is that once an illegal alien (particularly a criminal migrant) is deported, they won’t return.

The plan is simple and time-tested—China’s Great Wall did it’s job, so did Hadrian’s Wall in Roman Britain—and yet it’s come under fire from the mainstream media.

They claim that the wall will be prohibitively expensive, that illegal immigrants contribute to America’s economy (so there’s no reason to deport them), and that the wall won’t work.

They’re factually wrong on all accounts—let’s look at the numbers.

How Much Will Trump’s Wall Cost? $21.6 Billion.
The first question we must address is very straightforward: how much would it cost to build a wall along the Mexican border?

We don’t know for sure (construction costs rarely align with initial estimates), but we have a few good estimates.

Senate leader Mitch McConnell said Congress estimates the wall will cost $15 billion at most—he said it would likely fall within a range of $12 to $15 billion.

However, according to more recent information acquired by Reuters, the border wall will cost $21.6 billion, and will take roughly 3.5 years to build. This is according to a document from the Department of Homeland Security.

It’s probably our best current estimate, and this article will proceed under using this cost assumption.

On the high end (which can’t be totally discounted, given the nature of construction projects), the left-wing advocacy group cum “newspaper” the Huffington Post said the wall would cost roughly $40 billion. Their evidence is based on a study done by MIT (although their assumptions about the size and building materials may be why the projection is so high).

Either way, the cost of the wall pales in comparison to the cost of illegal immigrants in America.

. . . . . . . .

Does that count money sent back to Mexico?

It doesn't matter if the wall doesnt do what it was intended to do. Keeping a promise to his base, a $58 billion promise, is all that counts.
Only a Dumbocrat would consider that a negative... :laugh:
Hey dopey.. what about the other 65% of the country?
Didn't he say he was the president of ALL the people?
Oh right. We're not supposed to take the pathological liar literally. Lmao.
You obviously have no idea how much money $58 billion is and how it can be put to better use.

Have you ever heard of a rope and pulley's, generators that they can bring, along with cement saws, & jackhammers.
Have you ever heard of uninformed bullshit? The overwhelming majority of people that have crossed the border don't own an automobile - much less generators and jackhammers. Jesus...who the fuck owns a jackhammer? I have a billion times the wealth that these people do and I don't own a jackhammer. I do own a generator but it weighs a mere 1,200lbs. or so and couldn't be carried by two men for 5 feet much less hundreds of miles through a dessert.

You don't need insane bullshit to support your position. Your absolutely right that technology is the better solution. But you're killing yourself with nonsense. Nobody takes you seriously when you try to claim that these people from a fuck'n third-world country are showing up with Hummer, generators, jackhammers, and a pulley system. You sound like a lunatic and it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about when you say this nonsense.

Sweet baby Jesus--People just don't wander around the desert to cross the border--There is always a PLAN. Coyetes are paid 3 thousand dollars per head to get them over the border. Drug cartels will spend millions to get drugs across the border. Yes there is money, tools and equipment in Mexico--they do have HOME DEPOT'S.

It's more than obvious you've never been to Mexico or gone into a border town.

They know where to go, they know what they'll need--they'll bring what they need to make it happen.

There are programs on National Geographic about the border, if you would ever get off of your T.V. reality shows and FOX News, you'll learn something.

Like most proud Americans i hated the idea of illegals coming here to "take our jobs." However, the more I looked at the work they do and the impact of mass deportation, I realized just how important most of them are to the health of our economy.
Well shit....if that's not a reason to violate federal law...I don't know what is. Idiot.
undocumented workers make up around 67% of farm laborers. Their low salaries keep prices of crops and vegetables down.
In other words, like a good little left-winger, you want to exploit labor for your own benefit. You people loved slavery in the 1700's and the 1800's and you sick fucks still love it to this day.
The National Milk Producer's Federation forecasted a 61% increase in the cost of milk if their low cost labor pool dried up.
Well shit....if that's not a reason to violate federal law...I don't know what is. Idiot.
They contributed close to 300 billion in payroll tax to the Social Security trust Fund.
From the perspective of any notable economist, the undocumented worker is helping to maintain our way of life more than they are hindering it!
From the perspective of a decent American with common sense, you're an absolute fucking tool - advocating for felonious criminal activity simply out of your desperation to win elections.

Settle down fella. That post you just responded to wasn't to advocate violations of federal immigration laws I was just putting some facts on the table for both sides to consider. I just think it is wise to study the economic consequences of getting rid of undocumented workers, don't YOU? If that is idiotic, I raise my hand. But for me, idiocy is shown by those who jump right into something without thinking it through. BTW, ifyou read the last few posts I submitted on the matter, you will see some of the far cheaper remedies I proposed to preclude building a multi billion dollar wall , the cost of which could reach more than 40 billion, depending on the dimensions..

Bottom lined? I proposed enforcing the laws already on the books whereas those criminals who hire, harbor or aid and abet illegals be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I am not advocating felonious activity, I am for going after the people who hire illegals...aren't you?

A landmine cost, according to unicef, between $3-$30. Even if every landmine cost 30 bucks, it would only cost a couple million to mine the whole 2,000 mile border.

A couple of explosions and amputations later, they wouldn't dare cross our southern border.

You celebrated like hell when Barack Obama threw $10 trillion down the toilet. At least a wall will serve an actual purpose.
500 times now I have told you that I am not a liberal. i have been here since 2007 and have over 16,000 posts to prove it. I am giving you REALITY here. I doubt many of you have even seen the southern border. A 30' foot wall is NOTHING. I have 40' extension ladder in my garage.
I do not support the wall. I think that money would be exponentially better spent on technology. But that being said, it's absurd to proclaim a 30-foot wall "nothing". I mean, I'm glad you have a "40-foot extension ladder" in your garage but are you planning on carrying that for 400 miles through the desert? If not - then you literally make no case here whatsoever.
You're an idiot. A 40 ft sliding ladder can be easily transported across the desert by a 20 ft utility trailer hooked to a 4X4.

What a tragedy. From mass shootings to rape of women to illegals terrorizing our nation and everything in between - the Dumbocrats are just covered in blood. They've done everything in their power to facilitate crime.

'14-Year-Old Girl Would Never Have Been Raped' if We Could’ve Done Our Job, Border Patrol Council Says
One incident and you want to use it to profile undocumented workers? Guess what? The thousands of rapes committed by White American males in this country would occur whether the border patrol does its job or not!

We've all heard the snowflake lies about the cost of the wall and the cost of illegal immigration. Here's a more credible examination of the facts.

President Donald Trump announced that he will fulfill his campaign promise to build a nearly 2,000 mile long wall (not a fence) along America’s southern border with Mexico.

The idea is that a physical barrier will act as a low-cost deterrent, and will help stem the flow of illegal immigrants entering America via Mexico—the hope is that once an illegal alien (particularly a criminal migrant) is deported, they won’t return.

The plan is simple and time-tested—China’s Great Wall did it’s job, so did Hadrian’s Wall in Roman Britain—and yet it’s come under fire from the mainstream media.

They claim that the wall will be prohibitively expensive, that illegal immigrants contribute to America’s economy (so there’s no reason to deport them), and that the wall won’t work.

They’re factually wrong on all accounts—let’s look at the numbers.

How Much Will Trump’s Wall Cost? $21.6 Billion.
The first question we must address is very straightforward: how much would it cost to build a wall along the Mexican border?

We don’t know for sure (construction costs rarely align with initial estimates), but we have a few good estimates.

Senate leader Mitch McConnell said Congress estimates the wall will cost $15 billion at most—he said it would likely fall within a range of $12 to $15 billion.

However, according to more recent information acquired by Reuters, the border wall will cost $21.6 billion, and will take roughly 3.5 years to build. This is according to a document from the Department of Homeland Security.

It’s probably our best current estimate, and this article will proceed under using this cost assumption.

On the high end (which can’t be totally discounted, given the nature of construction projects), the left-wing advocacy group cum “newspaper” the Huffington Post said the wall would cost roughly $40 billion. Their evidence is based on a study done by MIT (although their assumptions about the size and building materials may be why the projection is so high).

Either way, the cost of the wall pales in comparison to the cost of illegal immigrants in America.

. . . . . . . .

So you want to throw 21.6 BILLION down the toilet? You're figure just includes materials and not the cost of labor--so you can double that figure easily. You might want to watch this video to see how well fences and WALLS really work. And at the end of this video it will let you know how much money we have already spent on useless fences and walls.

Anything that an illegal can SEE can and will ALWAYS be compromised. The only way to handle this is with high tech motion detectors (that they can't see) and more border patrol stations that would be situated along the border to pick them up as they cross. Just them knowing that will stop illegal crossings.

$21 billion is the total cost, numskull.

If you'll ever watch the video, you'll note that they can drive a vehicle up to the wall--LOL So extension ladders will be no problem at all. If you got a group of illegals they'll have no problems walking an extension ladder to the wall, and then they'll leave the ladder on the Mexican side of the wall to use it again. In fact you'll see ladders in the below video that I just described. You also will notice the 240 TUNNELS they found in San Diego alone to get under an existing wall, and they know there are more that they haven't found.

800x450

The ins and outs of U.S.-Mexico border tunnels

Drug cartels have no problems spending millions of dollars on tunnels.

The reality is that you're making excuses for doing nothing. That's what you and your ilk have been doing for decades.

No one is fooled.

Plus a lot of this land is Indian reservation and private property where they will not be able to build anything.

You might try watching this video dumbass--you might actually LEARN something. After this video it will move into another video regarding the terrain they're looking at.

You walk like a liberal, talk like a liberal and squawk like a liberal.

They have the same tools we have and these coyotes know where to go, and they're excellent at getting around obstacles. They're probably laughing their ass's off about this wall right now. They will go right to the WALL because they know it won't be as protected by border patrol who will be concentrating on areas where there is no WALL.

The biggest success we had was when G.W. Bush ordered National Guard down to the border. Attempted crossings dropped by a whopping 67%, just because they knew they were there. Now you think we would learn something from that, but hell no we have got this orange haired jack ass that doesn't know jack shit about the border who has trilled the mass's with the idea of a worthless 21.6 billion 30' wall that he claims will work.

Again, dumbass, you're ignoring the fact that armed men will be guarding the wall.

Forum List

Back