Truthmatters' " GOP making it difficult to vote" thread.

The state Division of Motor Vehicles unveiled details of a major expansion of services Thursday, tweaking a preliminary proposal that had created a controversy among some lawmakers.

Department of Transportation Secretary Mark Gottlieb said the expansion leaves all current offices open, increases the total number of offices across the state from 88 to 92 and drastically expands the hours of operation for some 40 counties.

Read more: DMV to add hours, offices to address increased demand for photo IDs

I wonder if our friend TM knows the difference between a preliminary proposal and a finished bill?
Gottlieb said Thursday that politics was never a consideration. He said DOT tweaked the original plan after feedback from lawmakers.

"We listened to the concerns of legislators and others impacted by the potential changes," he said.

And this is why you release a proposal. To get feedback from the community to see if anything is wrong with the proposal, and make needed changes.

They didn't "dump" the idea, they worked to make it better.

After it was pointed out to them that closing offices would keep people from being able to vote.

The proposal they first proffered would have and people pointed it out so they changed the plan huh?

The Bush five year study found no such voter problems as you suggest.

Why make laws for a crime that doesnt exist?

Why spend millions when you dont have to?

Now I have to laugh...................

The federal attorney in my state was fired for failing to investigate voter fraud that was clearly pointed out in a court case.

Show me where the closings were going to take place and then you can show me how it was not poltically motivated.

Let me get this straight. You post that this is political, linking to a teamster's blog, and offer no proof that it is political even after SEVERAL people ask you to prove it. And now when a post shows that it wasn't political you ask for yet more proof to disprove something that you've NEVER GIVEN PROOF for in the first place.

I think the onus is on you to prove that it was politically motivated first, since it was you that made the original UNPROVEN claim.

Rick

Still waiting for your proof that this was politically motivated.

And no, the OP is not proof. It's a blog.

Rick

The state Division of Motor Vehicles unveiled details of a major expansion of services Thursday, tweaking a preliminary proposal that had created a controversy among some lawmakers.

Department of Transportation Secretary Mark Gottlieb said the expansion leaves all current offices open, increases the total number of offices across the state from 88 to 92 and drastically expands the hours of operation for some 40 counties.

I wonder if our friend TM knows the difference between a preliminary proposal and a finished bill?
Gottlieb said Thursday that politics was never a consideration. He said DOT tweaked the original plan after feedback from lawmakers.

"We listened to the concerns of legislators and others impacted by the potential changes," he said.

And this is why you release a proposal. To get feedback from the community to see if anything is wrong with the proposal, and make needed changes.

After it was pointed out to them that closing offices would keep people from being able to vote.

The proposal they first proffered would have and people pointed it out so they changed the plan huh?

No, it was after it was pointed out that the proposal would leave some areas without motor vehicle services.

And, come to think of it, you never did get around to explaining how the closure of these offices would keep the Democratic voters from getting ID's, while the Republican voters in the same towns would have no such problems. How about filling us in on that?

ID's? We don't need no stinking ID's. Maybe to make the whole process easier, when a person is born they should have a VIN number tattooed on the bottom of their foot. VIN number on one foot and an inspection sticker on the other. That should do it.

No, it was after it was pointed out that the proposal would leave some areas without motor vehicle services.

And, come to think of it, you never did get around to explaining how the closure of these offices would keep the Democratic voters from getting ID's, while the Republican voters in the same towns would have no such problems. How about filling us in on that?

You really dont understand?

When you cut them predomantly Dem areas it comes out in the republican partys favor.

That was the whole point

The illegal alien Mexican assassin was registered to vote....TWICE!!!

Why do you want to make it easier for illegal aliens to vote?

When you cut them predomantly Dem areas it comes out in the republican partys favor.

That was the whole point

And once again, it was NEVER proven that they were cutting them in Dem areas. You keep saying that without offering one shred of proof of it. Prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

That was the whole point

You really don't understand. When you close a DMV location, and the next closest one is 1/2 hour away, it effects both parties.

So you lied?

I can't help but notice that my two requests for you to prove your statements have gone ignored.

Why can't you prove that these closings were Democrat districts?

Why can't you prove that this was politically motivated?

Could it be that you lied? Or is it just that you believe a teamster's blog and don't think for yourself?

Rick

Prove it was NOT politically motivated.

They had to change it for some reason huh?

Why did they change the law after people called it political?

Prove it was NOT politically motivated.

They had to change it for some reason huh?

Why did they change the law after people called it political?

Are you truly this dense? I'm not the one making a claim and then not proving it. How can I possibly disprove something that has never been proven?

Your original post states that these closing are politically motivated and there is no proof of this claim. Now you want me to disprove something that you've never offered proof of?

I guess the correct answer is that you just lied and expected us to believe it blindly like you do.

Rick

idiot....

my guess what this is all about is

close as many DMV's as you want... just don't close MINE.

it is about convenience to a DMV... idiot... it does not have shit to do with voting.

Yes I say it was politically motivated.

I have decades of republicans actions in elections to keep people from voting along with the fact that once it was scrutinized they had to change the plan.

Now prove it was not politically motivated like you claim.

Forum List

Back