Tucker Carlson "We haven't been told the truth"

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014

Here's a video. It's about Tucker Carlson talking with a physicist who says that not all "fossil fuels" are from fossils.

This topic is not about global warming, it's not about fossil fuels. You can watch the video if you choose to see what this woman has to say about it, but it's not what I'm talking about.

What shocked me most about the video (not real shock, obviously, I'm used to this kind of thing on this forum daily, but I have to write some adjective, so I used "shocked") was the Tucker Carlson said "We haven't been told the truth about where hydrocarbons come from"

Why is this "shocking"?

Because we have been told. It's all over the internet.

There's wikipedia.

"In the fossil fuel industries, hydrocarbon refers to naturally occurring petroleum, natural gas and coal, or their hydrocarbon derivatives and purified forms."

What's a "hydrocarbon derivative"? I typed in "hydrocarbon derivative" into Bing and got this page

"These additional atoms or groups are responsible for the unique chemical properties and reactivity of each derivative. Hydrocarbon derivatives are formed when one or more hydrogen atoms in a hydrocarbon molecule are replaced by other atoms or functional groups"

You have to sign up for free to see the rest, I can't be bothered. Let's go to the next one.

It gives a bunch of molecular diagrams.

"

What are the different functional groups and structures between derivatives of hydrocarbons and regular hydrocarbons?​

There are several different functional groups and structures of hydrocarbon derivatives. These functional groups include alcohols (hydroxyl bound to carbon), aldehydes (oxygen double bound to carbon), ketones (oxygen double bound to a central carbon), amines (amino group bound to carbon), esters (two oxygen atoms bound to carbon), ethers (oxygen bound to two carbons), and carboxylic acids (oxygen and hydroxyl group bound to carbon)."

So, took me three clicks (or 5 if you include clicking back) to find a but of an answer.

Here's my commentary:

We live in a society where people claim they don't know something because THEY HAVEN'T BEEN TOLD something.

This is not an excuse. There are some things we cannot find on the internet. You cannot find out who the "Deep State" is on the internet. Mostly because the "Deep State", otherwise know as "they" as in "they're after us", doesn't actually exist. But for the most part, especially topics like the one being discussed in the video, we have been told, there's enough information on the HUGE INTERNET in English to tell you whatever you want to know. There are many Youtube videos. I have been trying to figure out string theory. I'm not a scientist, I haven't done science since high school, I didn't give a damn about it when I was in high school. Now it interests me more than ever. And I can't find out the information I want, because we simply don't know. And then there's the information I don't know. For example I've had to look up gravity, and realized we don't know why gravity works, the best idea is time dilation around the planet causes gravity. So I looked up all these things and tried to educate myself on these things, and I'm still ignorant.

But just because I'm ignorant does not mean I go for the go-to excuse of "they don't tell me"....

Here's a video. It's about Tucker Carlson talking with a physicist who says that not all "fossil fuels" are from fossils.

This topic is not about global warming, it's not about fossil fuels. You can watch the video if you choose to see what this woman has to say about it, but it's not what I'm talking about.

What shocked me most about the video (not real shock, obviously, I'm used to this kind of thing on this forum daily, but I have to write some adjective, so I used "shocked") was the Tucker Carlson said "We haven't been told the truth about where hydrocarbons come from"

Why is this "shocking"?

There's wikipedia.

"In the fossil fuel industries, hydrocarbon refers to naturally occurring petroleum, natural gas and coal, or their hydrocarbon derivatives and purified forms."

What's a "hydrocarbon derivative"? I typed in "hydrocarbon derivative" into Bing and got this page

"These additional atoms or groups are responsible for the unique chemical properties and reactivity of each derivative. Hydrocarbon derivatives are formed when one or more hydrogen atoms in a hydrocarbon molecule are replaced by other atoms or functional groups"

You have to sign up for free to see the rest, I can't be bothered. Let's go to the next one.

"

What are the different functional groups and structures between derivatives of hydrocarbons and regular hydrocarbons?​

There are several different functional groups and structures of hydrocarbon derivatives. These functional groups include alcohols (hydroxyl bound to carbon), aldehydes (oxygen double bound to carbon), ketones (oxygen double bound to a central carbon), amines (amino group bound to carbon), esters (two oxygen atoms bound to carbon), ethers (oxygen bound to two carbons), and carboxylic acids (oxygen and hydroxyl group bound to carbon)."

So, took me three clicks (or 5 if you include clicking back) to find a but of an answer.

Here's my commentary:

We live in a society where people claim they don't know something because THEY HAVEN'T BEEN TOLD something.

This is not an excuse. There are some things we cannot find on the internet. You cannot find out who the "Deep State" is on the internet. Mostly because the "Deep State", otherwise know as "they" as in "they're after us", doesn't actually exist. But for the most part, especially topics like the one being discussed in the video, we have been told, there's enough information on the HUGE INTERNET in English to tell you whatever you want to know. There are many Youtube videos. I have been trying to figure out string theory. I'm not a scientist, I haven't done science since high school, I didn't give a damn about it when I was in high school. Now it interests me more than ever. And I can't find out the information I want, because we simply don't know. And then there's the information I don't know. For example I've had to look up gravity, and realized we don't know why gravity works, the best idea is time dilation around the planet causes gravity. So I looked up all these things and tried to educate myself on these things, and I'm still ignorant.

But just because I'm ignorant does not mean I go for the go-to excuse of "they don't tell me"....

I have to admit, the "oil comes from dinosaur bones" thing never made sense to me. We have seas of oil underground. Thats ALL from bones? Did every dinosaur in a hundred miles go to that mass grave to die, each one climbing on top of the giant pile of bones? How the fuck does that work? There isnt even enough bone material to equal the amount of liquid oil we have, or you at least wouldnt think so. We produce almost 100 million barrels of oil per month. :dunno:

Why is this "shocking"?

There's wikipedia.

"

Here's my commentary:

Tucker is a bit of a wildcard. Ultimately, who cares where they came from? Perhaps aliens (apparentlt one of his interests) came down to earth and used their advanced technology to drive oil into the ground. Is he the replacement for Alex Jones or something? Tune in next week.when Tucker explains how the earth is flat. The guy should be above this.

Last edited:
Tucker is a bit of a wildcard. Ultimately, who cares where they came from? Perhaps aliens (apparentlt one of his interests) came down to earth and used their advanced technology to drive oil into the ground. Is he the replacement for Alex Jojes or something? Tune in next week.when Tucker explains how the earth is flat. The guy should be above this.

You are a wise man.

Tucker is a bit of a wildcard. Ultimately, who cares where they came from? Perhaps aliens (apparentlt one of his interests) came down to earth and used their advanced technology to drive oil into the ground. Is he the replacement for Alex Jojes or something? Tune in next week.when Tucker explains how the earth is flat. The guy should be above this.

I guess you didn't read my post then.

This thread has made me think I should do an experiment to see how little I need to write in order to get people to actually read what the thread is about.

Which part of "This topic is not about global warming, it's not about fossil fuels." do people not get?

I guess you didn't read my post then.
I did in all it llength. I'm just suggesting that he goes down some rabbit holes that don't seem of value. Or at worst,.could attract/appease a certain segment of the population. If your point is that we.need to be more curious and educate ourselves better, fine. This is a given though.across any subject. Oil has been used by man for a long time.now, its origins have never been of much interest to the buying public. It just is, and we use.it.

Last edited:
I did in all it llength. I'm just suggesting that he goes down some rabbit holes that don't seem of value. Or at worst,.could attract/appease a certain segment of the population.

The thread is about people saying "we haven't been told the truth" when "the truth" is all over the internet.

You could be suggesting that blue is the new cake... doesn't make a difference, it's not the point of the thread. What Carlson SAID in that one little bit is the point, not the rest of what he said.

Tucker is right, dummy, "fossil fuels" is a misnomer--- fossils are the mineralized (rocky) skeletal remains and stratigraphic imprints from living bodies from very long ago left exposed near the surface.

Oil, gas, coal, and other petroleum products are actually the partially decayed still organic remains of plants (woody swamps) from millions of years ago buried under water, heat and pressure deep down that was quickly starved of oxygen, so never followed the normal decay process, instead slowly converted by microbial processes into a black organic sludge where all of the original energy from it (stored from the Sun) is still stored within as a chemically reactive form ready to quickly oxidize.

I have to admit, the "oil comes from dinosaur bones" thing never made sense to me. We have seas of oil underground. Thats ALL from bones? Did every dinosaur in a hundred miles go to that mass grave to die, each one climbing on top of the giant pile of bones? How the fuck does that work? There isnt even enough bone material to equal the amount of liquid oil we have, or you at least wouldnt think so. We produce almost 100 million barrels of oil per month. :dunno:
Godboy sure is the smart one of the bunch

Forum List

Back