Tump tells Ryan..."You know nothing about birthright citizenship."

You don't have to be a lawyer to understand the 14th Amendment (Confession: I am a retired lawyer), and Trump's position is easily defensible.

There is no law supporting "birthright citizenship," and the language of the 14th Amendment is insufficient to justify the position taken by the U.S. government over the past several decades. Furthermore, the position is counter-intuitive and non-existent in the civilized world. No European country follows this practice, although there are 30 countries that do.

Since it is not supported by law and only arguably supported by the Constitution, Trump can direct his underlings in the Executive Branch to take the position, wherever relevant, that such people are henceforth "illegal," just like their parents. One of them could sue (presumably supported by the ACLU), but that lawsuit could rise to the USSC fairly quickly, and most of us are aware of the recent changes to that body. One cannot be 100% certain how Roberts would feel about this; he tends to want to keep established points established, but there would be a very good chance of the Court just saying that the words in question have been misinterpreted and Trump is right.

"All persons born...in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States..."

The language was inserted for three reasons, none of which is relevant now:

(1). The U.S.- born children of foreign diplomats and foreign military officers were not to be granted citizenship;
(2) The children of slaves born in the U.S. WERE to be full citizens, and no state could say otherwise; and
(3). The citizens of the Indian Nations who happened to be born "off the reservation" would still be citizens of the Indian nation, and not of the United States.

None of the authors or those who voted to ratify the 14th Amendment had any inkling that these words would be used a hundred years later to legalize the children of people who were in the country illegally.

A. It's bad and stupid policy.
B. It is not Constitutional.
C. The only reason why the practice is perpetuated is political.

Plus he knows more about ISIS than the Generals.

And he has a big brain and the best words.

His daddy paid his way through college and now he is an expert on constitutional law...trump is an ass....

When the Dems win the House next week...the resulting investigations will show what a mess pool of crime that this regime is....

LOL Dem's are going to lose again and I'll be here rubbing salt in their wounds.

My president;
`
`
`

images.jpg

Suddenly, Eddie Munster Ryan is a touchstone of veracity and credibility with the moonbats! :lmao:
Compared to Trump hell yes! Trump is a peice of you know what!

I bet you think that you are profound.
More profound than you. Take a look at Republican success under Ryan and comtemplate that for a moment. Hey can him it would be great for Dems! You want to fire the guy that has deleivered a shit load of seats sounds like great stratigy. About as great as the dems sticking with a leader that does not deliver seats. That is about as smart as keeping Pelosi. You all bitch about Pelosi mean while you sdhould be thanking her. I want her gone. She does not win.

Suddenly, Eddie Munster Ryan is a touchstone of veracity and credibility with the moonbats! :lmao:

More profound than you. Take a look at Republican success under Ryan and comtemplate that for a moment. Hey can him it would be great for Dems! You want to fire the guy that has deleivered a shit load of seats sounds like great stratigy. About as great as the dems sticking with a leader that does not deliver seats. That is about as smart as keeping Pelosi. You all bitch about Pelosi mean while you sdhould be thanking her. I want her gone. She does not win.

I rest my case.

In English please. :eusa_eh:

STFU

NoFlow has the worst of both worlds...old and poorly educated.
Your words hurt so much what will I do? Oh ya laugh at the dumb fuck!

I knew that would expose you, old Cooter.

STFU

33.829841, -80.488835
I will be camping at these coordinates on Dec 2 thru Dec 4. Come see how old I am! Bring Blues with ya to make it fair!

Hey can him it would be great for Dems!

No need to can him, is there?

last I heard, he was retiring

STFU

33.829841, -80.488835
I will be camping at these coordinates on Dec 2 thru Dec 4. Come see how old I am! Bring Blues with ya to make it fair!

Feel younger?

Hey can him it would be great for Dems!

No need to can him, is there?

last I heard, he was retiring
That is bad news for the republicans. He won! Dems will rejoice

33.829841, -80.488835

Feel younger?
Come and see! If ya can find it and make it there.

Forum List

Back