Two Questions for Atheists

Frankly, i cant fathom a reason to kill innocent newborns and cattle. Probably out of spite because they didnt suck his big toe like his precious israelite mercenaries.

If you believe you are intellectually and morally superior to the creator, it's ok with me. I don't share your belief, but that's ok. :)
I didnt say that. I believe a creator is VERY possible. Beyond what we can grasp. But i dont buy in to the man made abrahamic god. So i dont think that about the "creator"
And if the abrahamic god is real, i wont ever worship him. Because i am morally superior to that tyrannical, psycho asshole.

And atheism means you refuse to be bullied into subscribing to theistic belief systems.

Atheism means that one KNOWS there is no creator. How one "knows" this is beyond me, not that I mind.

Uh NO
upload_2017-10-17_12-8-5.png
upload_2017-10-17_12-8-22.png

what about when he ordered the death of untold amounts of children?

Let me answer your question with a question of my own. If there indeed is a creator, who created the universe and created both you and me, do you presume to know more than the creator about what is just and good? If this creator exists and he saw fit to end the physical lives of children, do you believe you are in an intellectual and moral position to pass judgment on the creator? Or is it possible and even probable that the creator knows what he is doing and that, one day, you too will understand?
He even ordered the death of their livestock. Frankly, i cant fathom a reason to kill innocent newborns and cattle. Probably out of spite because they didnt suck his big toe like his precious israelite mercenaries. Remember, he brought death and destruction for expressing their "free will"
Punishing someone for doing something you gave the option of doing is in no way intelligent, sane, thoughtful, considerate, loving or basically any term that describes goodness.
Good points. CARM has good answers.

The Amalekites, who were descendents of Esau, had been longtime enemies of Israel. They fought against Israel at Rephidim (Exodus 17:8). Apparently, they "entertained a deep-seated grudge against them, especially as the rapid prosperity and marvelous experience of Israel showed that the blessing contained in the birthright [Jacob and Esau] was taking effect."1 They were a constant threat to Israel. Therefore, God said to Moses in Exodus 17:14“Write this in a book as a memorial, and recite it to Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven.”

God lawfully has the right to execute judgment upon anyone. The Bible says that all people have sinned against God and are under his righteous judgment. Therefore, their execution is not an arbitrary killing nor is it murder. Murder is the unlawful taking of life. Killing is the lawful taking of life. For example, we can lawfully take a life in defense of our selves, our families, our nations, etc.

When God authorizes the nation of Israel to wipe out a people, it is a lawful execution due to their rebellion and sin against God. Furthermore, such an extermination can be seen to be merciful by delivering the young into the hands of the Lord and possibly saving their souls by not giving them time to become "utterly sinful".2Additionally, further generations that would have arisen from the perverse culture, are likewise prevented from coming into existence and spreading their sin.

Finally, one of the reasons that the Lord is so strong in the Old Testament and orders the killing of people is to ensure that the future messianic line would remain intact. The enemy, Satan, began his attempt to destroy God's people in the Garden of Eden, by also trying to corrupt the world (which led to Noah's Flood), by trying to destroy Israel with attacking armies, and by encouraging Israel to fall into idolatry by exposure to other cultures as well as intermarrying women from those cultures. The result of both the idolatry and the interbreeding would have been the failure of the prophecies that foretold of the coming Messiah which specified which family line the Messiah would come through. The Messiah, Jesus, would be the one who would die for the sins of the world and without that death there would be no atonement. Without the atonement, all people would be lost. So, God was ensuring the arrival of the Messiah via the destruction of the ungodly.

Why would God order the destruction of men, women, and children? | Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry
That just isnt rational to me. Its pure savagery
Life on earth is a blink of an eye. There is a thing called age of accountability. No one knows exactly when that occurs but before then it’s basically a free pass into Heaven. When you look at it outside of our limited view of “life” you lose the barbarity aspect.

Frankly, i cant fathom a reason to kill innocent newborns and cattle. Probably out of spite because they didnt suck his big toe like his precious israelite mercenaries.

If you believe you are intellectually and morally superior to the creator, it's ok with me. I don't share your belief, but that's ok. :)
I didnt say that. I believe a creator is VERY possible. Beyond what we can grasp. But i dont buy in to the man made abrahamic god. So i dont think that about the "creator"
And if the abrahamic god is real, i wont ever worship him. Because i am morally superior to that tyrannical, psycho asshole.
Same!

I also dont like a douche who would say..."believe in me or else....burn for eternity."

then leaves their existence as vague as possible to the pragmatic mind

Then says i am a jealous god.

lol bitch nobody likes jealousy

Same!

I also dont like a douche who would say..."believe in me or else....burn for eternity."

then keaves their existence as vague as possible to the pragmatic mind

That’s it though. Accept belief or don’t. No requirements beyond that.

Same!

Thats stupid.

I want someone to be a good human before I want someone to "acknowledge that I exist."

This is a god i could never vibe with, its childish as fuck.

And atheism means you refuse to be bullied into subscribing to theistic belief systems.

Atheism means that one KNOWS there is no creator. How one "knows" this is beyond me, not that I mind.

Uh NO
View attachment 154914View attachment 154915
Agnostic is derived from the Greek word for ignorance.
To be totally fair, "Ignorance" works for all three categories. They all three are about "belief"

Same!

then leaves their existence as vague as possible to the pragmatic mind

My biggest issue is the "eternal God" part. It is obvious the Christian God is man-made & has all the characteristics of being especially created by MALE humans.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Life on earth is a blink of an eye. There is a thing called age of accountability. No one knows exactly when that occurs but before then it’s basically a free pass into Heaven. When you look at it outside of our limited view of “life” you lose the barbarity aspect.

Atheists and so-called "agnostics" often claim (as they've done in this thread) that they're intellectually honest because they don't accept the belief in a creator without "proof" while simultaneously pretending to know all of the secrets of the universe.

Uh NO
View attachment 154914View attachment 154915
Agnostic is derived from the Greek word for ignorance.
To be totally fair, "Ignorance" works for all three categories. They all three are about "belief"
Actually, no. Atheists and Believers have chosen a side. Agnostic is a fence sitter.

Atheists and so-called "agnostics" often claim (as they've done in this thread) that they're intellectually honest because they don't accept the belief in a creator without "proof" while simultaneously pretending to know all of the secrets of the universe.
You were honest up until the word simultaneously.

I havent seen evidence of anyone doing that.

Same!

Thats stupid.

I want someone to be a good human before I want someone to "acknowledge that I exist."

This is a god i could never vibe with, its childish as fuck.
There has only been one good human in history and look what they did to him.

You were honest up until the word simultaneously.

I havent seen evidence of anyone doing that.

A couple of posters here have condemned the creator for taking the lives of children and animals in the passover story based on their belief that they are intellectually and morally superior to said creator.

I don't go to bat for every believer that makes an idiotic statement. You don't have to go to bat for every atheist that makes an idiotic statement.

Forum List

Back