UConn student caught saying racial slur on video expected to appear in court

And there are plenty of decent people who says it's unconstitutional:
Absolutely. And settle down excitable one, I don't support the law. Just interjecting some much jeeded factual information into the apoplectic fit that is passing for a discussion in this thrrad.

It's interesting to note that you are not bothered by blatant attacks on the First Amendment.
Then you are rabid and confused, as I didn't express any support for this law. Nor do I support it. We have better ways of dealing with this than criminal punishment. That's one thing that makes this country great.

But,the facts are: it has been on the books for 70 years, and people get prosecuted for it every year. So to frame it as some "rise in regressive leftism" is absurd, obviously.

If you dont like the facts, that's your problem. Dont get all "pissy bitch" with me over it, i didn't create the facts.
Where does the article say people get prosecuted for it every year?

And there are plenty of decent people who says it's unconstitutional:
Absolutely. And settle down excitable one, I don't support the law. Just interjecting some much jeeded factual information into the apoplectic fit that is passing for a discussion in this thrrad.

It's interesting to note that you are not bothered by blatant attacks on the First Amendment.
Then you are rabid and confused, as I didn't express any support for this law. Nor do I support it. We have better ways of dealing with this than criminal punishment. That's one thing that makes this country great.

But,the facts are: it has been on the books for 70 years, and people get prosecuted for it every year. So to frame it as some "rise in regressive leftism" is absurd, obviously.

If you dont like the facts, that's your problem. Dont get all "pissy bitch" with me over it, i didn't create the facts.
Where does the article say people get prosecuted for it every year?
It doesn't. You have to do extra reading.

It’s basically a disorderly conduct charge .

Screaming swears and racial slurs in the middle of the night.

Now the conservatives come running to the rescue .

I was wondering if there was more to it then met the eye.

I was wondering if there was more to it then met the eye.
Don't get too distracted. The letter of the law specifically refers to ridiculing (ethnic groups). It's an odd law, and i think it only exists in Connecticut.

Funny how some invoke the Constitution without really knowing what it says. Not all speech is protected.
Funny how you talk about the First Amendment as if you know what it says.

Show me in in the Constitution where racial slurs are outlawed.

The OP news source says the two students are being charged with "racial ridicule".
Isn't free speech worth rescue from the the thought police in Connecticut?

Disorderly conduct is one thing. Racial ridicule is quite another.

Funny how some invoke the Constitution without really knowing what it says. Not all speech is protected.
What was the racial slur?
They were playing an idiotic game where they were supposed to shout "Penis". If one refused, he was a loser.

They then decided to change the word to a racial slur.

A black guy was filming them and said he couldn't tell if they were directing it at him. So I'm guessing it was the "n-word".

The video is supposedly online.
The dumb crap people do. Good grief. Sounds taunting enough to me.

Once a guy was walking down the middle of the road, pants on the ground, gangster look, and just a cursing away. We just sat there as he walked by looking at him as the idiot fool that he was. No one called the law, but if he kept that bullcrap up, somebody probably eventually did call the law on him. The arrogance was amazing in that feller, and people wonder why people get the attitudes they have in life.

The OP news source says the two students are being charged with "racial ridicule".
Isn't free speech worth rescue from the the thought police in Connecticut?

Disorderly conduct is one thing. Racial ridicule is quite another.
The N word brought about the racial part of it.

We were founded as a white Christian country. It was clear in 2016 that Americans wanted their country back.
Wrong. That's not what 2016 was about. Being American just like being Texan, Californian, city slicker or country fried has nothing to do with skin color. Period.
The deportation issue will be a big issue in 2020.
We have to keep balance, and immigration must be controlled regardless. Now those who are against immigration laws and want open borders are playing with our balance for political reasons or political agenda's in play. They must be recognized for this.

Forum List

Back