Unbelievable: Ron Paul Slams Civil Rights Act

Well I'm sure the authoritarian federalists would have...

Thank God for the Republican-Democrats and Thomas Jefferson and James Madison on their work of art known as the BILL OF RIGHTS...

They were republicans......

Your boy is the federalist Alexander Hamilton who was offed by none other than Burr for being a belligerent federalist fuck.

No....they weren't Republicans

Republican-Democrats have closer ties to today's Democratic Party

Lincoln was the first Republican President. That was the Republican Party that evolved into today's republicans. You really need to stay away from those right wing hate sites

No, republican-democrats are the modern republican party...

The federalists are the modern day democrat party...

A graduate of the Glenn Beck School of American History

No.

Democratic Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Democratic Party evolved from Anti-Federalist factions that opposed the fiscal policies of Alexander Hamilton in the early 1790s. Thomas Jefferson and James Madison organized these factions into the Democratic-Republican Party. The party favored states' rights and strict adherence to the Constitution; it opposed a national bank and wealthy, moneyed interests. The Democratic-Republican Party ascended to power in the election of 1800.

"After the War of 1812, the party's chief rival, the Federalist Party disbanded. Democratic-Republicans split over the choice of a successor to President James Monroe, and the party faction that supported many of the old Jeffersonian principles, led by Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren, became the Democratic Party."

Republican Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Founded in Northern States in 1854 by anti-slavery activists, modernizers, ex-Whigs and ex-Free Soilers, the Republican Party quickly became the principal opposition to the dominant Democratic Party and the briefly popular Know Nothing Party. The main cause was opposition to the Kansas–Nebraska Act, which repealed the Missouri Compromise by which slavery was kept out of Kansas. The Republicans saw the expansion of slavery as a great evil. The first public meeting where the name "Republican" was suggested for a new anti-slavery party was held on March 20, 1854 in a schoolhouse in Ripon, Wisconsin."

The Democratic Party, not the Republican Party, is today's name for Jefferson's Democratic-Republican party. The GOP, although not a direct descendant of the Federalists the way the Democrats are of the D-Rs, is an indirect descendant in that many Federalist supporters became Whigs, and most Whig supporters became Republicans.

So you have it one hundred percent backwards. As does Mr. Beck, of course.

So Jefferson and Madison "employed" slaves now.

:lol:

Oh gawd, what a fucking riot you are.

In what universe do you believe every white person back then viewed blacks as sub human??

You do realize many white families even back then viewed slavery as barbaric and bought them just so they wouldn't be purchased by those with nefarious intent...

My family (moms side) still possesses correspondences between my great-great-great-great grandma that purchased a slave out of contempt for slavery...

I remember exactly some parts of the letter... "it is in my joy that I purchased a negro, and the suffering of that individual has been ceased." and the letter went on to say "I enjoy her company and she is grateful"

He enjoyed her company and she is grateful?

He bought her so he could fuck her you dolt

Dolt it was my great-great-great-great grandmother...

My grandmother enjoyed the company of another ... and was more than happy to buy a "slave" and in other letters she wanted to buy more but couldn't afford it...

What are you going to do call my grandmother a lesbian next??? Just because she enjoyed having someone around to talk to???

She talks about children and about my great grandma when she was a kid..... I have seen photos...

r-RON-PAUL-large570.jpg

By Laura Bassett

WASHINGTON -- Despite recent accusations of racism and homophobia, Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) stuck to his libertarian principles on Sunday, criticizing the historic Civil Rights Act of 1964 because it "undermine[d] the concept of liberty" and "destroyed the principle of private property and private choices."

"If you try to improve relationships by forcing and telling people what they can't do, and you ignore and undermine the principles of liberty, then the government can come into our bedrooms," Paul told Candy Crowley on CNN's "State of the Union." "And that's exactly what has happened. Look at what's happened with the PATRIOT Act. They can come into our houses, our bedrooms our businesses ... And it was started back then."

The Civil Rights Act repealed the notorious Jim Crow laws; forced schools, bathrooms and buses to desegregate; and banned employment discrimination. Although Paul was not around to weigh in on the landmark legislation at the time, he had the chance to cast a symbolic vote against it in 2004, when the House of Representatives took up a resolution "recognizing and honoring the 40th anniversary of congressional passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964." Paul was the only member who voted "no."

More: Ron Paul: Civil Rights Act Of 1964 'Destroyed' Privacy

Once again you completely fail to Grasp the Point.

The Point is you can not Legislate Morality, and that giving one group of People special laws and Privileges is Directly contrary to the very Idea of Equal Rights. Affirmative Action, For Example, which we can use to sight many Instances where by following the Law, Employers legally Discriminate against White Candidates in order to fill an Arbitrary Quota of Minorities.

I mean hell I want equal rights for all workers just as much as the next guy, but when a More Qualified Candidate is Rejected in the Favor of a Less Qualified one, Simply because they are white, it's just as bad as when it happens the other way around.

Well the problem with democrats is the fact that they selectively teach....

Apparently you never went to college or read a book that is meant for the consumption via college students...

Either that or you refuse to accept reality and live in a dream world...

Besides I would LOVE for someone to contradict my argument against my assertions other than "you're a fucking idiot."

I have every right to call you a fucking retard because I add substance and facts to my citations - which are in the educated world common knowledge.
Let's start with this one here, Nicklehead:

"Show me some citations where the KKK was EVER controlled by the republican party?"

You see, right there, you make an assertion I never made. Then you ask me to back up something I never said. In even the SAME DAMN POST, I explained to you how the ideology is not the same as the party and co-mingling the two is deceptive.

So, off the bat, you show your debate method is a ruse. You are playing a game, not really debating. So I treat it with the dedication it deserves, that is - none.

And for the record, history is my life's work. I touch it daily. I live history.

Thousands of original civil war letters have passed through my hands, I have had diaries, journals, day books of soldiers and officers...which now reside in the Smithsonian, and in other major and minor museums. I interact regularly with important historical societies and Athenaeums. Often times, they consult me.

I have literally held the documents or letters of most every one of our Founding Fathers, as well as just about every President. (William Henry Harrison has been a tough one!) -
I have had original letters from both Lee and Sherman (and many other Officers). Intense research accompanies this.
I love it.

I swwwwwim in history everyday, every hour, and have for decades now.
My goal is to keep it safe, preserve what memory remains and protect them for future generations.

Imagine what my world is like --touching the same pen, the same paper as Washington or Jefferson or Sherman held. It's magical, I tell you.

I do. It is one of the most rewarding endeavors one can imagine - and I make a living at it! I touch the ancients every day, and have for decades. You have no idea how incredibly awesome and history-filled my life is - and I'll tell you, I''m sure like others, it's pretty damn sickening to hear some random spouting poster tell those whose life it is to study history they don't know what they are talking about.

Yet you still refuse to acknowledge that democrats were the KKK???

Like I said cite evidence that supports your theory they were NOT...

If you're such a historian than you would CLEARLY be on my side..

Not to mention any text that goes through your hands I can read online or just about at any library... So its not exactly like you have exclusive admission to those letters, all of which known have been reilliterated to the general public... We're not talking about the Dead Sea Scrolls here....

Not to mention I highly doubt your bullshit, because if you had the position of handling material you would have a lot more to say than "I handle vintage historical material."
First off, I right here said they were democrats, southern conservative democrats.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4610906-post63.html

Not my fault you don;t read the posts.

Second - I'm not talking about texts of these things that are online, idiot. I'm talking about THE ORIGINAL LETTERS and DOCUMENTS. They are still coming out of attics and found in hitherto places. These are NEW TO HISTORY. I am touching the original papers. For a period,I own them. I don't know how you could gather my last post and think it's anything but.

I don't think you even have a clue what I do for business, and I don't care to educate you more.

You have proven yourself unworthy of my time.

Go back to listening to Glenn Beck. (who, by the way, held up one of MY Documents on his show once in his revisionist history extravaganza with the scumbucket liar David Barton. Barton himself has called my office on several occasions. Suck on that.

Last edited:

No.

"The Democratic Party evolved from Anti-Federalist factions that opposed the fiscal policies of Alexander Hamilton in the early 1790s. Thomas Jefferson and James Madison organized these factions into the Democratic-Republican Party. The party favored states' rights and strict adherence to the Constitution; it opposed a national bank and wealthy, moneyed interests. The Democratic-Republican Party ascended to power in the election of 1800.

"After the War of 1812, the party's chief rival, the Federalist Party disbanded. Democratic-Republicans split over the choice of a successor to President James Monroe, and the party faction that supported many of the old Jeffersonian principles, led by Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren, became the Democratic Party."

"Founded in Northern States in 1854 by anti-slavery activists, modernizers, ex-Whigs and ex-Free Soilers, the Republican Party quickly became the principal opposition to the dominant Democratic Party and the briefly popular Know Nothing Party. The main cause was opposition to the Kansas–Nebraska Act, which repealed the Missouri Compromise by which slavery was kept out of Kansas. The Republicans saw the expansion of slavery as a great evil. The first public meeting where the name "Republican" was suggested for a new anti-slavery party was held on March 20, 1854 in a schoolhouse in Ripon, Wisconsin."

The Democratic Party, not the Republican Party, is today's name for Jefferson's Democratic-Republican party. The GOP, although not a direct descendant of the Federalists the way the Democrats are of the D-Rs, is an indirect descendant in that many Federalist supporters became Whigs, and most Whig supporters became Republicans.

Don't confuse liberalism with democratic...

James Madison and Thomas Jefferson were Democratic Republicans (libertarians or Classical Liberals)... The tyrant Hamilton was a big government fuck Federalist who believed the federal government should rule over the states and have authority over the states.....

We have a Bill of Rights for a reason................

The GOP is the party that GOVERNS on legislating morality. Why the fuck do you think that the supposed MORAL Majority played such a big factor in their party?

The GOP has long been the party of big government - big moral government and big surveillance government. They want to put big brother's hands in your womb; they want the Fed to track your calls, emails, reading lists, and bank transactions. They are the first to use the Federal Bureaucracy to censor art and entertainment. They want to tell consenting adults who they can marry. They want the state to penetrate every element of the citizens private moral life. They don't trust adults to think for themselves. They want a Big Government bureaucrat at the base of every bed and in the pages of every textbook (so they can make sure none of that devil science contradicts the biblical timeline). They want a medieval christianized public sphere wherein their particular God is shoved down the throats of supposedly free people. They want the biggest, most interventionist state of all. The Bush Patriot Act and Homeland Security gave unprecedented power to the fed to intervene in the life of American citizens. Small government? They have no problem using the federal courts to change the outcomes of presidential elections. But it doesn't stop there. Reagan's War on Drugs and Bush's War on Terror gave the federal government sweeping new powers to intervene in the life and destiny of the states.The only freedoms they protect are those of large corporations. People who believe that GOP cares about freedom and small government are useful idiots. They clearly get all their information from government, i.e., movement conservatism, which moves business profits to think tanks, TV, and radio; from FOX to Rush...

God help us.

Last edited:

Of course democrats were in the Klan, but that’s not the issue.

This issue was they were conservatives, advocating the same thing then as conservatives and libertarians do today: the myth of ‘states’ rights’ and a repeal of the Civil Rights Act, rejecting its supporting Constitutional case law.

No.

James Madison and Thomas Jefferson were Democratic Republicans (libertarians or Classical Liberals)... The tyrant Hamilton was a big government fuck Federalist who believed the federal government should rule over the states and have authority over the states.....

God...Glenn Beck sure does make people stupid

Let's start with this one here, Nicklehead:

"Show me some citations where the KKK was EVER controlled by the republican party?"

You see, right there, you make an assertion I never made. Then you ask me to back up something I never said. In even the SAME DAMN POST, I explained to you how the ideology is not the same as the party and co-mingling the two is deceptive.

So, off the bat, you show your debate method is a ruse. You are playing a game, not really debating. So I treat it with the dedication it deserves, that is - none.

And for the record, history is my life's work. I touch it daily. I live history.

Thousands of original civil war letters have passed through my hands, I have had diaries, journals, day books of soldiers and officers...which now reside in the Smithsonian, and in other major and minor museums. I interact regularly with important historical societies and Athenaeums. Often times, they consult me.

I have literally held the documents or letters of most every one of our Founding Fathers, as well as just about every President. (William Henry Harrison has been a tough one!) -
I have had original letters from both Lee and Sherman (and many other Officers). Intense research accompanies this.
I love it.

I swwwwwim in history everyday, every hour, and have for decades now.
My goal is to keep it safe, preserve what memory remains and protect them for future generations.

Imagine what my world is like --touching the same pen, the same paper as Washington or Jefferson or Sherman held. It's magical, I tell you.

I do. It is one of the most rewarding endeavors one can imagine - and I make a living at it! I touch the ancients every day, and have for decades. You have no idea how incredibly awesome and history-filled my life is - and I'll tell you, I''m sure like others, it's pretty damn sickening to hear some random spouting poster tell those whose life it is to study history they don't know what they are talking about.

Not to mention any text that goes through your hands I can read online or just about at any library... So its not exactly like you have exclusive admission to those letters, all of which known have been reilliterated to the general public... We're not talking about the Dead Sea Scrolls here....

Not to mention I highly doubt your bullshit, because if you had the position of handling material you would have a lot more to say than "I handle vintage historical material."
First off, I right here said they were democrats, southern conservative democrats.

Second - I'm not talking about texts of these things that are online, idiot. I'm talking about THE ORIGINAL LETTERS and DOCUMENTS. They are still coming out of attics and found in hitherto places. These are NEW TO HISTORY. I am touching the original papers. For a period,I own them. I don't know how you could gather my last post and think it's anything but.

I don't think you even have a clue what I do for business, and I don't care to educate you more.

Go back to listening to Glenn Beck. (who, by the way, held up one of MY Documents on his show once in his revisionist history extravaganza with the scumbucket liar David Barton. Barton himself has called my office on several occasions. Suck on that.

What do you do for capitalism? and less intervention by government as an individual?.....

What do you do for capitalism? and less intervention by government as an individual?.....
I'm a capitalist, and a damn good one at that. And a liberal. A damn good one.

That's all you need to know.

No.

Everything he just said is Accurate. Maybe you are the stupid one.

Democrats might not want to open the Civil Rights can 'o worms if they know what's good for them. We all know that radical union educated libs are generally historically impared but the world didn't start the day they were born. The democrat party fought against the Civil Rights act and if you polled members of the KKK back then you would probably find they were all registered democrats.

Everything he just said is Accurate. Maybe you are the stupid one.

God....Glenn Beck sure does make people stupid

Democrats might not want to open the Civil Rights can 'o worms if they know what's good for them. We all know that radical union educated libs are generally historically impared but the world didn't start the day they were born. The democrat party fought against the Civil Rights act and if you polled members of the KKK back then you would probably find they were all registered democrats.

The democratic party did not fight against the Civil Rights act. It was cowritten by Democrats and signed by a Democratic President

back then, the KKK contained both Democrats and Republicans. Nowadays it is almost exclusively Republican

The democratic party did not fight against the Civil Rights act. It was cowritten by Democrats and signed by a Democratic President

back then, the KKK contained both Democrats and Republicans. Nowadays it is almost exclusively Republican

I've heard today's democrats claim that the democrats who fought against the Civil Rights act were really republicans. We all know that's B.S. They were democrats. Democrats still show their racist roots when they get angry. Look the way they treated Dr. Condie Rice with filthy racist cartoons. They never apologized because they didn't have to. Dr. Rice was a republican.

r-RON-PAUL-large570.jpg

By Laura Bassett

WASHINGTON -- Despite recent accusations of racism and homophobia, Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) stuck to his libertarian principles on Sunday, criticizing the historic Civil Rights Act of 1964 because it "undermine[d] the concept of liberty" and "destroyed the principle of private property and private choices."

"If you try to improve relationships by forcing and telling people what they can't do, and you ignore and undermine the principles of liberty, then the government can come into our bedrooms," Paul told Candy Crowley on CNN's "State of the Union." "And that's exactly what has happened. Look at what's happened with the PATRIOT Act. They can come into our houses, our bedrooms our businesses ... And it was started back then."

The Civil Rights Act repealed the notorious Jim Crow laws; forced schools, bathrooms and buses to desegregate; and banned employment discrimination. Although Paul was not around to weigh in on the landmark legislation at the time, he had the chance to cast a symbolic vote against it in 2004, when the House of Representatives took up a resolution "recognizing and honoring the 40th anniversary of congressional passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964." Paul was the only member who voted "no."

More: Ron Paul: Civil Rights Act Of 1964 'Destroyed' Privacy

Well DUH! I've been saying this for the last 6 months. His son made their position clear with his comments that business owners should be able to sell to whoever they want.

One of the most insidious ways right wingers have waged war against minorities is through business.

Forum List

Back