Under god

Liberal Ideology and Politcal Correctness....................

and again, why does your side have a PROBLEM WITH UNDER GOD................

Why does your glorified ACLU like to attack objects like a WWI memorial with a symbol of the cross....................

Again, your IDEOLOGY is at question here.................

The memorial has UNDER GOD ON IT, so why is it a damn problem to state it.

You have a hard time understanding things, don't you. You poor thing. I am beginning to feel guilty here. I shouldn't be so direct and harsh with a person of limited capacity.

My apologies.

Exactly you are so smart you have figured out "God" with certainty.

Yes. Non-existent.

Mojave Memorial Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On April 28, 2010, the US Supreme Court ruled on Salazar v. Buono in a 5-4 decision sent the case back to a lower court.[6] The high court ruled there was no violation of the separation of church and state when Congress transferred the land surrounding the cross to a veteran's group.[6] Writing for the majority, Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote, "The goal of avoiding governmental endorsement [of religion] does not require eradication of all religious symbols in the public realm".[7]

As of May 10, 2010, the cross was no longer in place atop Sunrise Rock. It was stolen on the night of May 9–10, 2010.[8][9][10] National Park Service spokeswoman Linda Slater said a $125,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thieves. The VFW promised that the memorial will be rebuilt. "This was a legal fight that a vandal just made personal to 50 million veterans, military personnel and their families," said National Commander Thomas J. Tradewell.

In April 2012, a land exchange which will remove Sunrise Rock from the Mojave National Preserve was approved by the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.[11]

On Veterans Day, November 11, 2012, the cross was rededicated by Henry Sandoz in a ceremony that included more than 100 people..[12]

One lone individual challenged it...........

The ACLU fought to remove it..........

And when they lost in the Supreme court....................

Someone STOLE IT........................

Liberal Ideology at work, with the exception of who knows who stole it.................If you know, please contact them as there is a reward for the Stolen cross.........................

Again, Laughter wanted to no why I question Obama not using UNDER GOD............

I stated an Ideology............So I needed other examples of this Ideology.............

And the Mojave cross is a perfect example.

Liberal Ideology and Politcal Correctness....................

and again, why does your side have a PROBLEM WITH UNDER GOD................

Why does your glorified ACLU like to attack objects like a WWI memorial with a symbol of the cross....................

Again, your IDEOLOGY is at question here.................

The memorial has UNDER GOD ON IT, so why is it a damn problem to state it.

You have a hard time understanding things, don't you. You poor thing. I am beginning to feel guilty here. I shouldn't be so direct and harsh with a person of limited capacity.

My apologies.

Exactly you are so smart you have figured out "God" with certainty.

1. My retraction was for my misquote on your post. I have retracted the same..........

Figured out GOD................Spare me....................

You and Lone know exactly why I'm bringing this up...........And your damn skippy I'm attacking Obama over it................

Which is why your side get's ticked over it.................

I am also attacking the ACLU on this very thread...........They are so lame as to attack a WWI memorial because of one man, WHO MIGHT BE OFFENDED............

I'm offended on the attack of the cross and memorial itself.....
I'm offended that Obama arbitrarily chooses the address without Under God even though it is at the battlefield itself......

So in essence I'm attacking the Liberal Cult mentality itself........

This next site is from Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum.

I'm quite concerned after going to this site..........The Libs have made their points, and it is up to them to save our countries history........................

My god.............The Teachers Resources Guide has a question about UNDER GOD.................

You must notify Obama to have them change this immediately.........It will not be tolerated.........

LOL

Here it is...........

13. that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom
a. that our country, under God’s blessing, shall have a new form of
government
b. that our country, under God’s blessing, shall be reborn in freedom
c. that we will become a really religious country

I choose answer B...........

There multiple sources of the speech in Lincolns handwriting, two of which do not have the words "under God" in them.

The Gettysburg Address by Abraham Lincoln

Why does it matter?

The Bliss copy is the one he recited and it included Under God.

The project's website now clarifies that Obama read the Nicolay copy at the request of filmmaker Ken Burns, in part because of the speech's historical significance. Its one of two manuscripts of the speech held by the Library of Congress. Here it is:

Why President Obama Didn't Say 'Under God' While Reading the Gettysburg Address

But all the Faux Viewers in the Echo-Chamber need to get their dose of Fauxrage.

ACLU - Conservapedia

More history of the ACLU and Liberal Ideology............

Again, just showing the Ideology of the left as requested............

Again, asking why Obama chose to not use UNDER GOD in the Gettysburg address..............

Again, asking why the Libs simply get riled every time this is brought up..........

Why is it so bad for Obama to use Under God in the Gettysburg address.............

There multiple sources of the speech in Lincolns handwriting, two of which do not have the words "under God" in them.

The Gettysburg Address by Abraham Lincoln

Why does it matter?

The Bliss copy is the one he recited and it included Under God.

The project's website now clarifies that Obama read the Nicolay copy at the request of filmmaker Ken Burns, in part because of the speech's historical significance. Its one of two manuscripts of the speech held by the Library of Congress. Here it is:

Why President Obama Didn't Say 'Under God' While Reading the Gettysburg Address

But all the Faux Viewers in the Echo-Chamber need to get their dose of Fauxrage.

Those two are at the Library of Congess...................I've read that as well.........

The other 3 are shown at the Lincoln Library and Museum...........One of them has Lincoln's sig, the Bliss document.

The project's website now clarifies that Obama read the Nicolay copy at the request of filmmaker Ken Burns, in part because of the speech's historical significance. Its one of two manuscripts of the speech held by the Library of Congress.

Of course don't read the one Lincoln read and is engraved in the Lincoln Memorial.

Burns fault.

The project's website now clarifies that Obama read the Nicolay copy at the request of filmmaker Ken Burns, in part because of the speech's historical significance. Its one of two manuscripts of the speech held by the Library of Congress.

Of course don't read the one Lincoln read and is engraved in the Lincoln Memorial.

Burns fault.

Nobody's at fault. The OP asked why, and the reason is Ken Burns ask him to read the Nicolay (copy not the Bliss copy) . No grand anti-Christian designs. I know it doesn't fit the narrative coming out of the Echo-Chamber. The President certainly has invoked the name of "God" many many times during his tenure as President.

Last edited:

Burns fault.

Nobody's at fault. The OP asked why, and the reason is Ken Burns ask him to read the Nicolay (copy not the Bliss copy) . No grand anti-Christian designs. I know it doesn't fit the narrative coming out of the Echo-Chamber. The President certainly has invoked the name of "God" many many times during his tenure as President.

Which is really the first real answer to my question..........................

It certainly doesn't take an echo chamber to know Obama is a gamer when it comes to religion.

We see a pre-meditated decision, obviously promoted, initiated and supported by a reputable historian to not read the official one with mention of God.

Why ?

Seems like petty game playing.

Unless you can articulate a compelling reason to do what they did with forethought ?

Lincoln, ?Gettysburg Address,? Speech Text |

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate-we can not consecrate-we can not hallow-this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us-that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion-that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

So why Mr. President, did you omit Under God while reading the words of Lincoln?

Because Under God wasn't in the original speech? He was asked to read the Nicolay version, the original which he did word for word and it never contained under God.

Last edited by a moderator:

It certainly doesn't take an echo chamber to know Obama is a gamer when it comes to religion.

We see a pre-meditated decision, obviously promoted, initiated and supported by a reputable historian to not read the official one with mention of God.

Why ?

Unless you can articulate a compelling reason to do what they did with forethought ?

To me petty game playing would be having a problem with him reading the original speech. Just sayin.

Why ?

It certainly takes an Echo-Chamber to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Just for the record it would have bothered me just as little if he did read the one with God in it.

Most all politicians use and wear God on their sleeves for all to see. Par for the course. This president is no different (except in the Chamber_o_Echos).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJtw7SP0oN4]Pink Floyd - Echoes - YouTube[/ame]

Echo Echo Echo................

Under God has been under attack for a while now.................

Obama could have chosen Under God, but didn't................

To me, it's just him being a true Liberal.....................

Nothing more and nothing less........................

And liberals defend this, even as the ACLU attacks religion all over the dang place............And liberals will always justify their actions for it might offend the few, without any concern for the many....................

Bottom line, I think it's BS he didn't use Under God in it.

Echo Echo Echo................

Under God has been under attack for a while now.................

Obama could have chosen Under God, but didn't................

To me, it's just him being a true Liberal.....................

Nothing more and nothing less........................

And liberals defend this, even as the ACLU attacks religion all over the dang place............And liberals will always justify their actions for it might offend the few, without any concern for the many....................

Bottom line, I think it's BS he didn't use Under God in it.

I don't care. It matters not to the soldiers.

War Is Kind by Stephen Crane

"C'est la vie"

Forum List

Back