Understanding Christianity

So give me an example of your god experience.

No reason to.
It'll give me an idea of what to look for, or at least what you guys consider a god experience. Don't have to be really specific, just like a car hit you and you saw god...
I will tell you my one funniest God experience. It was hilarious. If you have read the Bible you know God has a great sense of humor.

After the 07 wildfires I spent every weekend helping people sift thru the rubble of their leveled homes. Every day I would come home looking like a coal miner. The team I was with would start by asking the homeowner what they hoped to recover and approximately where was it. Then we would pray and then get started sifting. One lady just wanted her wedding ring from her late husband. It was the only thing found in the entire home that was not melted.

Another home the homeowner just said whatever you can find. I only found one usable thing in the entire house - a coffee cup that said "King of All That I Own"

But that was not it.

After weeks of doing this, while sifting rubble I heard a clear distinct voice saying "You are finished, go home." After a few seconds of wow I looked at my watch, it was 11. So I figured I would work an hour then tell the team I'm dropping out during lunch. Couple of minutes later I have something stuck to the bottom of my shoe from the rubble. I scrap my foot to try to remove it. It is stuck. So I look down at my shoe and there is a 4 inch nail coming up straight out of the top of my shoe. Right in the center just below the shoe laces. My first thought was this is going to really hurt. Then I started to wiggle my foot. Still no pain. I take off my shoe. The nail had gone up at an angle to miss my foot and still go thru my shoe.

Moral of the story learned - when God says do something, you do it immediately. It only cost me a pair of shoes to learn that one.
Geez, hate to say it, but as a god experience, that's really quite lame.
Christian friend of mine had a much more interesting message from God. Many records of God communicating with us thru dreams. My buddy dreamt he was going to die. With a lot of people. The dream was so real to him he increased his life insurance. A year later he was on flight 93 on 9-11-01. He was one of the four that led the first battle in this long war against Islamic terrorism.

Wtf are you talking about?

This illustrates the problem. Unless some non-believers can poke fun at fairy tales and an invisible Big Guy, they have no other insight into God, faith, and religion. I'm trying to present the realities of faith and the narrow way one has to find (or luck into). Some cannot see past the Modern American English presentation of Scripture, and cannot understand a people who lived in an entirely different culture in an entirely different era and who spoke an entirely different language that often times doesn't translate well into English. Therefore we end up with modern Americans totally befuddled by what God said.
But god didn't say anything, the bible was written by men.
Book of Daniel is so accurate about future events there were many accusations it was actually written after those events occurred. Then they found a fragment of the book dating to before those events………..

Yes. Inspired by God, written by man. It is an account of God's interactions with man. People who have these interactions (experiences) of God put them in writing.
So you agree that god never said anything of what is attributed to him in the bible. Good for you.

So give me an example of your god experience.

No reason to.
It'll give me an idea of what to look for, or at least what you guys consider a god experience. Don't have to be really specific, just like a car hit you and you saw god...
I will tell you my one funniest God experience. It was hilarious. If you have read the Bible you know God has a great sense of humor.

After the 07 wildfires I spent every weekend helping people sift thru the rubble of their leveled homes. Every day I would come home looking like a coal miner. The team I was with would start by asking the homeowner what they hoped to recover and approximately where was it. Then we would pray and then get started sifting. One lady just wanted her wedding ring from her late husband. It was the only thing found in the entire home that was not melted.

Another home the homeowner just said whatever you can find. I only found one usable thing in the entire house - a coffee cup that said "King of All That I Own"

But that was not it.

After weeks of doing this, while sifting rubble I heard a clear distinct voice saying "You are finished, go home." After a few seconds of wow I looked at my watch, it was 11. So I figured I would work an hour then tell the team I'm dropping out during lunch. Couple of minutes later I have something stuck to the bottom of my shoe from the rubble. I scrap my foot to try to remove it. It is stuck. So I look down at my shoe and there is a 4 inch nail coming up straight out of the top of my shoe. Right in the center just below the shoe laces. My first thought was this is going to really hurt. Then I started to wiggle my foot. Still no pain. I take off my shoe. The nail had gone up at an angle to miss my foot and still go thru my shoe.

Moral of the story learned - when God says do something, you do it immediately. It only cost me a pair of shoes to learn that one.
Christian friend of mine had a much more interesting message from God. Many records of God communicating with us thru dreams. My buddy dreamt he was going to die. With a lot of people. The dream was so real to him he increased his life insurance. A year later he was on flight 93 on 9-11-01. He was one of the four that led the first battle in this long war against Islamic terrorism.
How is that god communicating with him so that he increases his life insurance? :cuckoo:

This illustrates the problem. Unless some non-believers can poke fun at fairy tales and an invisible Big Guy, they have no other insight into God, faith, and religion. I'm trying to present the realities of faith and the narrow way one has to find (or luck into). Some cannot see past the Modern American English presentation of Scripture, and cannot understand a people who lived in an entirely different culture in an entirely different era and who spoke an entirely different language that often times doesn't translate well into English. Therefore we end up with modern Americans totally befuddled by what God said.
Book of Daniel is so accurate about future events there were many accusations it was actually written after those events occurred. Then they found a fragment of the book dating to before those events………..
Give me an example please.

No reason to.

But that was not it.

How is that god communicating with him so that he increases his life insurance? :cuckoo:

Christian friend of mine was a retired Lt. Colonel in the Marines. He did two tours in Vietnam. We had talks, and one thing that really bothered him even decades later was the men who said they were going to die and ended up dying on the next mission. My buddy took it personally that he had failed as their commander to keep their attitude from going in that direction thus causing their death. I could tell it had been eating him up for decades. I told him, Ray, maybe God told them what was ahead. That helped him a lot.

I believe is some cases God gives us insight into the future so we can prepare.

Babylonian, the Persian, the Greek and the Roman empire. What is fascinating about Daniel is there are kingdoms yet to occur.

But that was not it.

Christian friend of mine was a retired Lt. Colonel in the Marines. He did two tours in Vietnam. We had talks, and one thing that really bothered him even decades later was the men who said they were going to die and ended up dying on the next mission. My buddy took it personally that he had failed as their commander to keep their attitude from going in that direction thus causing their death. I could tell it had been eating him up for decades. I told him, Ray, maybe God told them what was ahead. That helped him a lot.

Why would god tell them that they're going to die? :cuckoo:
Wouldn't god simply prevent the death from happening by putting him in another situation?

Babylonian, the Persian, the Greek and the Roman empire. What is fascinating about Daniel is there are kingdoms yet to occur.
That's not an example, can you quote something and show what it was in real life?

But that was not it.

Wouldn't god simply prevent the death from happening by putting him in another situation?
God did prevent death. But we chose that we wanted to die.

Only terminally ill people choose to die. Wtf are you talking about?

That's not an example, can you quote something and show what it was in real life?
You have to have context. I have spent many hours going thru and studying just this one book.
If you are really interested. Chapters 2, 7 and 8 mention the kingdoms.
Book of Daniel Explained

Man was designed to live forever. But we rebelled and chose death.

Total nonsense. You need to get a grip on reality, brah.

Adam was told he would surely die if he ate that fruit. So he ate it. You would to.

There are so many reports of dead people witnessing events after they die that many emergency rooms have put things in the room to see if people describe them. To date no one has, but only primarily because in every event the dead person is watching their body and what is going on around it, not looking around the room.

those guys are dead and Francis did----sorta apologize for the murder of Montezuma et al ...

View attachment 147489

was established in 1478 by Catholic Monarchs Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile.

your so funny, they are all dead ... was that written on your birthday cake.
Every been to the torture rooms of the God hating KGB, Pol Pot and Hitler?

I have. Atheists have murdered over 65 million of their own citizens in the last century.
Every been to the torture rooms of the God hating KGB, Pol Pot and Hitler?

I have. Atheists have murdered over 65 million of their own citizens in the last century.

^^^ your response to the below quote ...

were their atrocities ever through history corrected at the time there might be a discussion that is not the case each generation that follows, induced by the 4th century christian bible is led down the same path of evil by the books forgeries and underlying deliberate deceitfulness. you are one of them.

their book is written by the 1st century crucifiers, until they are brought to Justice christianity will remain a forsaken and false religion ...

you are no different than what you describe as happening over a few decades in response to unrelated matters of economics with the similarity in most cases in response against the veiled perpetrators that represented scriptural religious doctrine including christianity to commit their crimes.

the difference is those you have faulted no longer exist and their ways have been remedied that is not the case of the 4th century crucifiers that to this day have not been brought to Justice and who continue to covet the 1st century events they have never represented.

try again crucifier, reread your duplicitous book for its battle against Good and the Free Spirit from where you are there seems little in the way of your ever becoming anything else. christian.
So the people who were murdered were murderers?

This is hilarious. What looney website did you find to get this comedy from?

This is hilarious. What looney website did you find to get this comedy from?

speaking of Noah, that is correct and you are one of them, christian, Idolatry as well is forbidden ... is the only sense I could make of your response. -

and no the depiction in your 4th century book of deceit of other creatures being killed is a lie.
Ah, and what else did the voices in your head tell you?
Ah, and what else did the voices in your head tell you?

recorded history reveals the insincerity required for a 4th century christian to maintain their delusion of a religion they are unable to remedy themselves. their demise will be the resurrection prescribed by the 1st century events to again traverse the true path in hopes for attaining Remission to the Everlasting.

I am fascinated boys-----can someone clear this up for me. WHO ARE THE "CRUCIFIERS"
and who are the murderers and who are the murdered of the fourth century? Who are the
fourth century crucifiers who must be brought to justice (now??) etc. Please define your
terms ------I lost it somewhere

weather-----IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY? you agree and its FUNNY? -----WHO ARE THESE
MYSTERY MEN? I tried google but nothing happened
The voices in his head is your answer. You're asking a pscho to explain his rants. Remember - this is a guy who KNOWS the New Testament was not written in the first century.
The voices in his head is your answer. You're asking a pscho to explain his rants. Remember - this is a guy who KNOWS the New Testament was not written in the first century.

their book was written in the late 4th century, 398 AD ...

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”.

it is replete throughout with forgeries as the one above. those that wrote that book by their forgeries have misconstrued the events of the 1st century by disguising their 10,000 political document into a false religion as attested by recorded history from that time to the present day. they are forever doomed by the 1st century events for the above forgery and in that role by their crime have perpetuated the injustice of the crucifixion and are themselves the surrogate crucifiers by their continued disobedience against non other than the Almighty.

Adam was told he would surely die if he ate that fruit. So he ate it. You would to.
Total made up myth with no foundation whatsoever. Maybe you need some super strong coffee to wake you up.

Anyways, god told Adam not to bang the chick and when he did, Adam was banished from Eden. Sounds totally gay to me.

Forum List

Back