Understanding Christianity

Dude, give up on the tidbits of garbage hearsay you have accepted as fact and educate yourself and go read what it says.

The flood didn't last 40 days, the rising waters did. Most species had more than two, we all know the land masses of the earth were once one, we all know when the land broke up it caused mountains to rise, we all know those mountains have Dead Sea creatures, we all know the species would have fitted in the ark, we all know the earth was once always covered in mist, etc etc.

Was every species on the Ark? No. Species is a term used in the modern classification system. The Bible uses the term “kind.” The created kind was a much broader category than the modern term of classification, species.

Recent studies estimate the total number of living and extinct kinds of land animals and flying creatures to be about 1,500. With our “worst-case” scenario approach to calculating the number of animals on the Ark, this would mean that Noah cared for approximately 7,000 animals.

If you want to know, ask. Don't go making mocking statements and act like they're Fact.
It rained 40 days and forty nights. And the fountains of the deep opened up. This is important because these underground fountains actually exist. There are vast resovoirs under the Earths crust. They are under immense pressure. The people of Noah's time had no way of knowing about these fountains. Once released it is theorised that the velocity would exceed the sound barrier, sending the water into low Earth orbit to fall as rain. Some of it even achieved escape velocity and formed comets.
Can you point to a scientific paper or study that backs up this claim? Or is this simply something that was made up?
The guy who wrote it is a scientist.

About Walt Brown: Walt Brown received a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he was a National Science Foundation Fellow. He has taught college courses in physics, mathematics, and computer science. Brown is a retired Air Force full colonel, West Point graduate, and former Army Ranger and paratrooper. Assignments during his 21 years of military service included: Director of Benét Laboratories (a major research, development, and engineering facility); tenured associate professor at the U.S. Air Force Academy; and Chief of Science and Technology Studies at the Air War College. For much of his life Walt Brown was an evolutionist, but after years of study, he became convinced of the scientific validity of creation and a global flood. Since retiring from the military, Dr. Brown has been the Director of the Center for Scientific Creation and has worked full time in research, writing, and teaching on creation and the flood.
That's not a scientific paper or study, just some creationist guy.
So you toss out what PhD researchers say because they think God did it and only accept anti God views?
Show me his research that backs up his statement. Otherwise he's just another creationist spouting shit he can't back up.

It rained 40 days and forty nights. And the fountains of the deep opened up. This is important because these underground fountains actually exist. There are vast resovoirs under the Earths crust. They are under immense pressure. The people of Noah's time had no way of knowing about these fountains. Once released it is theorised that the velocity would exceed the sound barrier, sending the water into low Earth orbit to fall as rain. Some of it even achieved escape velocity and formed comets.
Can you point to a scientific paper or study that backs up this claim? Or is this simply something that was made up?

About Walt Brown: Walt Brown received a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he was a National Science Foundation Fellow. He has taught college courses in physics, mathematics, and computer science. Brown is a retired Air Force full colonel, West Point graduate, and former Army Ranger and paratrooper. Assignments during his 21 years of military service included: Director of Benét Laboratories (a major research, development, and engineering facility); tenured associate professor at the U.S. Air Force Academy; and Chief of Science and Technology Studies at the Air War College. For much of his life Walt Brown was an evolutionist, but after years of study, he became convinced of the scientific validity of creation and a global flood. Since retiring from the military, Dr. Brown has been the Director of the Center for Scientific Creation and has worked full time in research, writing, and teaching on creation and the flood.
So you toss out what PhD researchers say because they think God did it and only accept anti God views?
Show me his research that backs up his statement. Otherwise he's just another creationist spouting shit he can't back up.
Speculation on the events that occurred is irrelevant.
But you discounting people simply because they have faith is relevant.

No, I'm discounting him because nobody put forth any scientific studies... from this guy that prove what he said.

No, I'm discounting him because nobody put forth any scientific studies... from this guy that prove what he said.
Who cares if the water shot up at Mach 2 or bubbled up?

How about a scientific study saying that the water actually shot up and which then displays their proof for such a claim? Geez, you need to up your critical thinking game.

How about a scientific study saying that the water actually shot up and which then displays their proof for such a claim? Geez, you need to up your critical thinking game.
How it comes out of the ground is irrelevant. We know there was enough water available. And the signs of the flood are everywhere.

How it comes out of the ground is irrelevant. We know there was enough water available. And the signs of the flood are everywhere.
So point me to a credible scientific study that shows this water coming out... Because so far, nobody has shown anything except that guy's personal opinion.

So point me to a credible scientific study that shows this water coming out... Because so far, nobody has shown anything except that guy's personal opinion.
How can anyone have preflood evidence? The earths entire surface was reformed.

It didn't come out of the ground.

It says the fountains of the deep, the sea, opened up.

Just like a great splash that would occur after an impact over the ocean.......

See?

All the pieces fit perfectly.

See?

Again an irrelevant argument.

See?

Again an irrelevant argument.

I guess so, if what scripture actually says is irrelevant to you.

Then show scientific proof of what you claim.

See?

Got any scientific proof?

You follow what you have been fed without question. Your preconceived beliefs are not open to anything that threatens what they have led you to believe.

You follow what you have been fed without question. Your preconceived beliefs are not open to anything that threatens what they have led you to believe.
So you have no scientific evidence to back up any of your claims. I follow the facts, ma'am, just the facts. And you haven't presented any and simply deflect when I ask you for some.

So you have to move the goalposts to make Noah's story work for you. So what about the 40 days and nights that the flood lasted? If it was a regional flood it couldn't have had high water covering all the mountains, and for 40 days no less!
So 2 of every animal is bullshit, and here I was being constantly told that the bible is inspired by god. So I guess god didn't know about kangaroos... Is that your position?
And is calling me an idiot passive aggressive or just an outright schoolyard insult?
Dude, give up on the tidbits of garbage hearsay you have accepted as fact and educate yourself and go read what it says.

The flood didn't last 40 days, the rising waters did. Most species had more than two, we all know the land masses of the earth were once one, we all know when the land broke up it caused mountains to rise, we all know those mountains have Dead Sea creatures, we all know the species would have fitted in the ark, we all know the earth was once always covered in mist, etc etc.

Was every species on the Ark? No. Species is a term used in the modern classification system. The Bible uses the term “kind.” The created kind was a much broader category than the modern term of classification, species.

Recent studies estimate the total number of living and extinct kinds of land animals and flying creatures to be about 1,500. With our “worst-case” scenario approach to calculating the number of animals on the Ark, this would mean that Noah cared for approximately 7,000 animals.

If you want to know, ask. Don't go making mocking statements and act like they're Fact.

A guy who happens to be a scientist.

And where are the scientific facts that support your position. Oh, that's right! There aren't any. El oh el!

Show scientific proof of what YOU claim!

A guy who happens to be a scientist.
So what? Where are his studies? Otherwise it's just an opinion, even if he is a scientist.

And where are the scientific facts that support your position. Oh, that's right! There aren't any. El oh el!
I haven't put forth a theory on this, this guy did, so I ask again, where are his scientific studies on the subject?

Forum List

Back